Does stage 3 hypothermia cause any body damage to survivours?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@
If someone is pulled out of stage 3 hypothermia, is there any major damage they would have done to their body?

Ronny
I have no idea why I'm laughing so hard at this thread laughing

Thats a really good question... I have no idea... normally I'd just pull shit out of my ass and pretend to know but.. no idea

haha hypothermia.. why am I laughing at hypothermia

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by BlackC@
If someone is pulled out of stage 3 hypothermia, is there any major damage they would have done to their body?

Not sure. Hang on, I'll try it.

Barker
Yeah, they usually have some sort of paralysis and spinal cord damage.

Lana
http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/

ermm

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
Originally posted by Ronny
I have no idea why I'm laughing so hard at this thread laughing

Thats a really good question... I have no idea... normally I'd just pull shit out of my ass and pretend to know but.. no idea

haha hypothermia.. why am I laughing at hypothermia what the hell is wrong with you? laughing out loud

Ronny
Originally posted by Lana

ermm laughing out loud hehe I almost clicked that

Barker

ermm
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.just****inggoogleit.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Internet.

sly

Ronny
Originally posted by -X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
what the hell is wrong with you? laughing out loud laughing I'm really ****ed up

=Tired Hiker=
I don't know if this helps . . .

Stage 4 - Post-rescue collapse

The effects on your body after you are pulled from the water can include the following:

Loss of hydrostatic pressure from the water causes a sudden drop in blood pressure. This can cause heart or brain failure.
Your heart is cold and cannot pump cold blood effectively to maintain blood pressure.
Your lungs are damaged from the water you inhaled. This can cause a pneumonia-like illness.
Fatal bleeding from injuries may occur as your body warms up and your blood flows more freely. You may have internal injuries or injuries to your head and neck that you and your rescuers are not aware of. Up to 20 percent of all survivors die during rescue or shortly after.

Lana
Originally posted by Barker
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at www.just****inggoogleit.com.

* Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Internet.

sly

Fill in the blanks roll eyes (sarcastic) stupid censor.

Seriously, though, people should just look shit up themselves once in a while ermm

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
laughing I'm really ****ed up i don't get it, what's so funny about hypothermia?

-X-Dr.Gonzo-X-
laughing out loud hehe I almost clicked that you're definitely high on something hmm

Barker
Fill in the blanks roll eyes (sarcastic) stupid censor.

Seriously, though, people should just look shit up themselves once in a while ermm
no expression

Yeah, no shit? ermm

§uffer§noopy
just****inggoogleit is a bought domain name <.<

BlackC@
Originally posted by Barker
Yeah, they usually have some sort of paralysis and spinal cord damage.

I don't know if that was scarcasm, but if not you're very wrong. Hypothermia can actually heal a damaged spinal cord.

JaehSkywalker
yep.. brain damage. i think... and probably you'll lose fingers from frostbite and stuff... i'm not sure.

T.M
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia#Stages_of_Hypothermia_in_Humans

BlackC@
No, you don't get brain damage either.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.