samurai vs spartan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
if a Spartan from Sparta's height in all his heavy armour with his nodding horse hair plume on his huge corinthian helmet, with his huge ****** shield, and his long spear and his leaf bladed Xiphos was to fight a Samurai from the Sengoku period is his Yorei armour and his huge helm and his Yari and Katana and Wakizashi on even ground at midday and they both were on foot who would win?

Symmetric Chaos
I think this would go in the HistoryForum . . .

I so want to give the win to the Samurai but I can't really say for sure.

TricksterPriest
Not a comic fight, but I like the concept. thumb up Nice use of the proper terminology. Assuming they're both peak human and fairly even in stats, it would come down to skill. I'd give the Spartan an advantage, unless the shield can't take a katana slash. Some of those shields weren't designed to take blows from something like a katana.

LordFear
dunno much about the Samurai from that period, honestly. Neither the Spartan as far as his fighting prowesses

Hercules
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not a comic fight, but I like the concept. thumb up Nice use of the proper terminology. Assuming they're both peak human and fairly even in stats, it would come down to skill. I'd give the Spartan an advantage, unless the shield can't take a katana slash. Some of those shields weren't designed to take blows from something like a katana.

Katana's weren't designed to come up against shields either, seeing as Samurai didn't use them.

Still, wrong forum, nice idea though!

supremthor
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhi5x7V3WXE

this movie is going to freaking rock

Hercules
Originally posted by supremthor
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uhi5x7V3WXE

this movie is going to freaking rock

Agreed, I'm really looking forward to it and its based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, so yay comic tie in!

supremthor
Originally posted by Hercules
Agreed, I'm really looking forward to it and its based on Frank Miller's graphic novel, so yay comic tie in!

YUP YUP YUP

King Kandy
Swords just plain don't cut through shields. It's not happening.

Redatom65
does anyone know the story of the battle of thermopole.(sp?)

you see king Leonidas, king of sparta was sent off with 300 spartans, his personal fold of body guards to hold off the massive persian army so that all the citystates of greece can unite. He lead these men and fools of king xerxies of the persians army. Xerxies sent in his immortals. his body guards and leonidas men still kicked their ass. unfortinatly a merchant who lived on the mountain told king xerxies of a way to surround our spartans and the spartans were completely surrounded. The used archers from a good distance in a complete circle and shot them down. they didn't stand a chance after that. this of course happened when they killed leonidas. the fearless king. who's words our still immortalized in greece today. Leonidas however succeded in letting greece unite and the entire nation of greece later beat the persians. AN AWESOME STORY. LONG LIVE KING LEONIDAS. The spartan so wins this fight!

King Kandy
Read this: http://www.thearma.org/essays/knightvs.htm

This is about midevil knights vs. Samurais, not spartans, but it brings up some very relevant points.

Wolverine2006
I thought the Spartans drove Xerxes into Africa or somethin

Redatom65
the battle was at thermoplie the entire time. the spartans pwned em. but because of a merchant seeking wealth xerxies i'm afraid surrounded them. xerxies obtained leonidas body and held onto it for many years until he did eventually returned it years later. It was very un-spartan to weep at a funeral but when his body returned to sparta many did weep.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Not a comic fight, but I like the concept.

Co-signed, but closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.