Fastest comic characters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wade217
who are the fastest comic characters?(excluding those who teleport)
I know the flash is wicked fast, there's like no limit to superman's speed, quicksilver was pretty quick too....

Endless Mike
The Runner
Zoom
Black Flash

If you count Eternity then he's the fastest since he's omnipresent

((The_Anomaly))
Silver Surfer is damn fast too.

What does this have to do with Superman though? I mean Supes is fast but he's not Wally or Barry.

dvampire
straight line speed, i put Flash, Surfer, and Zoom close to each other; but fighting speeds go to Flash, Zoom, and Superman.

So IMO Flash is the fastest comic character.

superkronick92
My theory of Superman's superspeed is that he has 2 different types, one where the speed comes from the superstrength in supes' muscles, the other is the power itself that makes everything frozen while supes can move kinda like bullet time except it's like time is frozen.

dvampire
I think the speed where time is frozen around him, is him using his superspeed brain (speed up his thought) and moving every part of his body at very fast speeds (like the Flashes).

Demas
No.

The universe did depend on it, more or less, during Infinite Crisis and while Superman- arguably- broke all his Post-Crisis speed records to date in Infinite Crisis, only the Flashes broke the Speed Force Barrier during that time.

Symmetric Chaos
Zoom
Flash
Superman
SilverSurfer
Runner

((The_Anomaly))
Basically, no ones faster then the Flash

Magee
Zoom is faster than wally. He had to absorb the speed of jay, jesse and bart i think to even keep up with Zoom.

D-Block
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Zoom
Flash
Superman
SilverSurfer
Runner

Plus: Captain Marvel, Black Adam, and Wonder Woman

Galan007
Originally posted by Magee
Zoom is faster than wally. He had to absorb the speed of jay, jesse and bart i think to even keep up with Zoom. yes

And even then Zoom was still beating Wally's ass.

Kaldorei
AMAZO at his prime (In the Cartoon), I would say is the absolutely fastest one smile

Validus
Zoom isn't faster than Bart as the Flash.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
I thought Zoom didn't even have super speed?

Validus
Originally posted by Skeets
I thought Zoom didn't even have super speed?
You should tell the writers that. He and Bart were fighting so fast they were phasing through each other. Not sure how Zoom phases with no actual speed but whatever.

dvampire

Bart that powerful?

Validus
Originally posted by dvampire
Bart that powerful?
He beat Zoom straight up in the latest Flash.

Galan007
Zoom isn't faster than Bart as the Flash. Originally posted by Validus
He beat Zoom straight up in the latest Flash. Bart has achieved faster than instantaneous speeds, so I wasn't too surprised there.

Magee
Bart isn't the fastest man alive, he is the fastest man to ever live... wink

I watch Pokemon
Originally posted by Galan007
Bart has achieved faster than instantaneous speeds, so I wasn't too surprised there.

He has?

ankur29
isn't captain marvel faster than supes? ..... i heard this , Cm had a gud speed feat , supes said to CM he coudl catch flash easier or summin??

I watch Pokemon
That's from JUSTICE.

It's not cannon.

Galan007
Originally posted by I watch Pokemon
He has? yes

http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flash138p186lh.jpg

Endless Mike
First of all, that's Wally. Second of all, what really happened was that (with some borrowed speed), he reached the destination before the alien had time to think and activate his teleportation.

Galan007
Originally posted by Endless Mike
First of all, that's Wally. Woops, my bad.

Sorry boss. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Second of all, what really happened was that (with some borrowed speed), he reached the destination before the alien had time to think and activate his teleportation. Yeah, I never said Flash didn't do that to reach faster then instantaneous speeds.

I just said he has achieved them. wink

Endless Mike
But it's not really "faster than instantaneous" it's "reaching the destination before the other guy even activates his instantaneous movement"

Marie-Lee
Wally rounds the earth in a few seconds. That is pretty fast smile

Validus
I just noticed the poll in this thread. Seriously, who the hell voted yes?

Skeets
I did,peaches....I did.

Black Adam

I did just to piss you off.

I just noticed if you added the shades your avatar would look just like a panel from transmetropolitan. messed

ankur29
Originally posted by Marie-Lee
Wally rounds the earth in a few seconds. That is pretty fast smile

not really at just the speed of light wally could run round the earth at least 7 times in one second

(circumference of earth is 24901 milesnd speed of light is 186000 miles per second)

Galan007
Originally posted by ankur29
(circumference of earth is 24901 miles) Has anyone ever realized that if two characters were racing around the world one time.

And character (A) could move at 24,901 miles per second, (so this character can round the Earth in exactly 1 second).

While character (B) could move several trillion times faster then this.

Character (B) could never beat character (A) by more then a second, (barring time manipulating of any kind).

So even though character (B) is trillions of times faster than character (A), there could never be more then a seconds difference between their times if they raced around the world once.

Just kind of funny to me. haermm

vader11
Are they faster than light?

Galan007
Originally posted by vader11
Are they faster than light? It wouldn't matter.

If character (A) was fast enough to run around the Earth in exactly one second, character (B) could be thousands of times faster than light, but he could never beat character (A) by more than a second if they raced around the world once, (barring time manipulation of course).

vader11
It wouldn't matter.

If character (A) was fast enough to run around the Earth in exactly one second, character (B) could be thousands of times faster than light, but he could never beat character (A) by more than a second if they raced around the world once, (barring time manipulation of course). laughing

Galan007
hum

What?

vader11
Interesting point.

Galan007
smile

vader11
You should visit the SW forum morewink

Galan007
I just started getting looking into SW, past what has been in the movies.

vader11
smile

ragesRemorse
my vote goes to silver surfer or super telepaths whom can create portals spanning the universe.

superman can do anything if innocent lives depend on it. i mean damn, Dude came back to life

vader11
Yes...

Smoki
old superman

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smoki
old superman

what...before other superhero's?

Galan007
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
what...before other superhero's? Nah,

I'm pretty sure he means pre-crisis Superman (pre 1985).

This version of Supes could move across entire UniverseS almost instantly.

Hell even PC Superboy could move trillions of miles in mere seconds, just playing around.

ragesRemorse
Nah,

I'm pretty sure he means pre-crisis Superman (pre 1985).

This version of Supes could move across entire UniverseS almost instantly.

Hell even PC Superboy could move trillions of miles in mere seconds, just playing around.

blink

what the hell is the point then? i mean, i know alot of superman story lines have that undrlying subtle reference as a christ like figure, but when superman is stronger than God, why even bother anymore?

help me out here partner...what is pre crises superman?

Galan007
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
blink

what the hell is the point then? i mean, i know alot of superman story lines have that undrlying subtle reference as a christ like figure, but when superman is stronger than God, why even bother anymore?

help me out here partner...what is pre crises superman? Pre-crisis Superman is the version of Superman that existed before 1986, (which is when "Crisis On Infinite Earths" and the overall depowerment of the DCU occurred)...

Back in this era, a sneeze from Superman was able to destroy a Solar System.

Superman could pull a Galaxy's worth of planets like nothing.

He could move stars and planets with his breath.

Could travel trillions of miles in seconds, just messing around.

Could move across an entire Universe instantly.

He could even time travel under his own power, on a whim.

If you're interested in seeing these feats (and MUCH more), a pre-crisis Kryptonian respect thread can be found here

Smoki
Pre-crisis Superman is the version of Superman that existed before 1986, (which is when "Crisis On Infinite Earths" and the overall depowerment of the DCU occurred)...

Back in this era, a sneeze from Superman was able to destroy a Solar System.

Superman could pull a Galaxy's worth of planets like nothing.

He could move stars and planets with his breath.

Could travel trillions of miles in seconds, just messing around.

Could move across an entire Universe instantly.

He could even time travel under his own power, on a whim.

If you're interested in seeing these feats (and MUCH more), a pre-crisis Kryptonian respect thread can be found here

awesome galan007 would you say superman if faster than anyone ever in dc

Galan007
Originally posted by Smoki
awesome galan007 would you say superman if faster than anyone ever in dc Ever?

Maybe.

But Azrael 1M has moved several trillion times the speed of light, on panel.

ADarksideJedi
I don't know Superman may be able to do alot better then superman.It depends on how fast he flys I guess!jm

leonheartmm
RUNNER{faster than SPEED itself, hes at his destination before he even starts to go there}
GENIS-VELL/CURRENT PHOTON{this dude has become just bloody insane, he might even beat runner in speed}
SILVER SURFER{was until somewhat recently, about the fastest, persistant, non teleporting/warping non abstract character. extreeeeemely fast either way}
ZOOM{faster than fastest flash}
FLASH{lightspeed, faster than lightspeed in speed force realm}
BLACK ADAM{cant say, pretty darn fast either way}
THANOS{faster than light travel due to technology/chair}
ADAM WARLOCK{dunno what to consider his speed, mystical dimension warping or what. still fast enough to journey through universes and back in no time at all}
SUPERMAN{sub light speed, almost light speed, energy superman can easily go beyond lightspeed. and well precrisis was so fast he could travel back in time or other universes but hes GONE now}

this is roughly in decending order.

Che$t Rockwell
Originally posted by ankur29
isn't captain marvel faster than supes? ..... i heard this , Cm had a gud speed feat , supes said to CM he coudl catch flash easier or summin??

Nope, it was actually shown in a recent mini cap is slower. Someone had hired a tracker to track superman and marvel. They were only able to keep up with marvel.

Zoom technically doesn't have superspeed, however someone with enough speed can still keep up with him.

As to the topic. Pre Crisis Superman is actually pretty much just as fast as the runner. Able to cross the universe in an instant. Hell he even went so fast he almost crossed into god's throne room(or whatever) and the spectre had to stop him.

He also did stuff like search the entire universe for a rare element all in a matter of minutes. He is pretty much one of the fastest beings in fiction if not the fastest.

Current Superman can move and react at the speed of light and in space he can travel much faster than that.

Also remember didnt some of the Runners best feats come when he had the time gem? I still think without it he could run across the universe in a few seconds, so he is the only being who rivals PC Supes.

Photon009
Runner
Zoom
Flash
Genis
Current Nova
Surfer
Gladiator
Firelord
Superman
Captain Marvel (& Black Adam)

Those are the Top 10 right there. In that order.

ankur29
Originally posted by Che$t Rockwell
Nope, it was actually shown in a recent mini cap is slower. Someone had hired a tracker to track superman and marvel. They were only able to keep up with marvel.

i thought shazam ,superman first thunder was not cannon?

any way just how fast is BA ,CM,MM,WW compered to supes?

who is the fastest of the four and closest to supes?

Bicnarok
Superman can fly faster, less friction in space, no things to dodgy and ground doesn´t run out like on a planet.

CrazyJ20
superman has flown fast enough to escape the gravitational pull of 2 blackholes :P but in a running race flash would win

ankur29
Captain marvel can move at the speed of light:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5092/justice19005cl7.th.jpg

Catches flash(barry allen):

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/17/scan10061vc2.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/756/scan10062joinmw8.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3465/scan10064xu6.jpg

Superman and CM return back earth from the sun(looks like they are flying fast):

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2817/justice01006rb3.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1884/justice1213006sx5.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6640/justice21006yo8.jpg

takes care of a handful of villians at superspeed

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5580/justice06005ys0.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7396/justice07005do8.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2150/justice08005fk7.jpg

speeds off before BIZZARO can get back and luthor can teleport:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2205/justice09005zg9.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1240/justice10005fl6.jpg

zeel
captian marvel and martian manhunter are faster then supes, and they can get up to speed quicker then he can to.

HEHE theses threads are funny. there are many toons stronger or on par with supes and faster then supes just no one mentions them due to superman favoritism.

and im a superman fan myself.

The Mean Queen
if im not wrong doesnt supes run the speed of light

zeel
captian marvel has actually caught up to the flash, i have never seen supes do that. But no worries enough superman fans will cry and DC will make it happen lol. Its only a comic book folks. To me both superman and captian marvel are the shit. And even though cap is still my favorite dc toon around......

Supes is still the king as far as overall abilities between the two. But by VERY,VERY little.

Supes will always remain #1 in DC. But there is no way they will ever get rid of marvel, its good to have a little rivalery at times. And cap is always up to the feet.

Raoul
Originally posted by The Mean Queen
if im not wrong doesnt supes run the speed of light

run, not that i've seen, but he's flown faster than light several times...

Soljer
Originally posted by Raoul
run, not that i've seen, but he's flown faster than light several times...

He's ran just shy of C during a race with Wally and mentioned that he couldn't keep up after that.

Though, as you said, he's flown at C and has displayed superluminal reflexes on more than a single occasion.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman Prime is much faster than three Flashes.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Soljer
He's ran just shy of C during a race with Wally and mentioned that he couldn't keep up after that.

Though, as you said, he's flown at C and has displayed superluminal reflexes on more than a single occasion.

I like how you refer to the speed of light as "C"...that kind of thing is very much appreciated on this end. thumb up

(Though it is a lowercase "c". embarrasment)

zeel
Quit compareing superman prime to either flashes or captian marvel hes on a TOTALLY diffrent level. And a godly version of superman. This reminds me of the comic book freaks that compare king thor or rune thor to the basic version of captian marvel of superman.

they are totally diffrent classes and cannot compare them to each other.

geeeesh...........

Soljer
Originally posted by dadudemon
I like how you refer to the speed of light as "C"...that kind of thing is very much appreciated on this end. thumb up

(Though it is a lowercase "c". embarrasment)

I'm well aware, however when context isn't needed (no other variables with which to become confused), I find using capitilization increases readability substantially.

For example, if we were discussing Planck's constant, I'd be hard pressed not to use H even though it is most often represented by h.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by zeel
Quit compareing superman prime to either flashes or captian marvel hes on a TOTALLY diffrent level. And a godly version of superman. This reminds me of the comic book freaks that compare king thor or rune thor to the basic version of captian marvel of superman.

they are totally diffrent classes and cannot compare them to each other.

geeeesh........... The title was fastest comic characters, I could have just been a dick and said Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Soljer
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
The title was fastest comic characters, I could have just been a dick and said Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

While he's easily one of the most powerful characters to grace the panels of a comic, I don't recall any notable speed feats for him.

Care to enlighten me?

dadudemon
I'm well aware, however when context isn't needed (no other variables with which to become confused), I find using capitilization increases readability substantially.

For example, if we were discussing Planck's constant, I'd be hard pressed not to use H even though it is most often represented by h.

LOL, dude, I wasn't criticizing you...I was praising you for your use of "c".

Also, you can solve your problem by putting the letter in quotation marks.

Also, how many of these young men and women do you think know what "c" or "h" means in the physics world?

Soljer
LOL, dude, I wasn't criticizing you...I was praising you for your use of "c".

Also, you can solve your problem by putting the letter in quotation marks.

Also, how many of these young men and women do you think know what "c" or "h" means in the physics world?

Hm. I dunno about 'h,' but I'd be willing to bet that the large majority of people will recognize 'c,' if we're already discussing relativistic speeds.

dadudemon
Hm. I dunno about 'h,' but I'd be willing to bet that the large majority of people will recognize 'c,' if we're already discussing relativistic speeds.

naaah.

Maybe a poll would tell us?

Also, the top characters may be faster than 'c" which is impossible. Relativity goes out the window at those "speeds". wink It is called fiction for a reason.

Soljer
naaah.

Maybe a poll would tell us?

Also, the top characters may be faster than 'c" which is impossible. Relativity goes out the window at those "speeds". wink It is called fiction for a reason.

Relativity doesn't quite go out the window.

A lot of characters experience or even take advantage of relativistic effects.

Sure, the actual theory is changed/skewed/ignored in favor of a good story, but some writers actually pay a LITTLE attention to it.

dadudemon

You know what happens at FTL speeds? confused

Soljer

I'm not talking about FTL speeds. I'm talking about speeds approaching c.

dadudemon

Okay....then let me show you why I asked that question:

I posted..

To which you responded...

to which I responded...

No reading this new post of yours...

Doesn't make much sense, does it?

To be more on topic, I thought it was Zoom...but I don't read comics often enough to be absolutely sure.

darkseid1006
Originally posted by HaSon
You should tell the writers that. He and Bart were fighting so fast they were phasing through each other. Not sure how Zoom phases with no actual speed but whatever.
no zoom doesn't have speed he slows everything else down so that he appears to be fast but to every other being but himself to him he's just running normal pace its professor zoom who goes fast because he has the negative speed force on his side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.