If you could simulate your Fantasy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Let's say there was this invention....

A Virtual Reality Matrix Simulator that allowed you to live out any and all Fantasies you desire.

You could have sex with whoever you want, you could have as many children as you want, you could be a millionaire, kill someone you hate, see your version of Heaven, anything...nothing is restricted. Nothing at all....your wildest, deepest, or even sickest, most heartfelt dreams can be experienced through this simulator.

The Government would allow it because it wasn't real...it was all a mental projection with physical sensory, but unreal, and only feels real to the participant.

Would you take advantage of such a device ? Would you try out the simulator to live our your wildest dream ?

Remember, you don't have to only experience it once, or experience only one dream. You can live out any fantasy as many times as you want, or live out as many fantasies as you want, and return to the "real world" (conciousness) whenever you wish.

Would you fear the possibility that you may become addicted to such an experience ?

Would you abandon your real life and spend the rest of your physical life logged onto this fantasy simulator ?

Admiral Akbar
I would be careful enough not to get addicted to the simulator, but hell I would definetly give the simulator a try. Or maybe something like a holodeck would be cooler where you can participate in a fantasy with more than just yourself, but another real being.

midnightshadow
this is a very difficult thing to answer. on one hand you have the oppertunity to be who you could never be, on the other hand by doing this you run the risk of losing who you are.
its a slippery slope, once you do it you wont be able to stop.
i think that if it was a possability, that i would be one of those people who would have to try it but would then get lost in the sensation. not because my life really sucks or anything but because it is very seductive, the idea of being who or what you absolutly dream to be. and if it is as great as you imagined it to be why would you leave.

also the problem is not just if you get addicted but what if something goes wrong in the system, like a glitch that changes what it is you are fantasising about and traps you in your worst nightmare for example. or if people start to find it difficult to destinquish between fantasy and reality. there is also the problem of living out a fantasy such as murdering someone, people might decide that they like it alittle too much and decide to carry it into real life

Atlantis001

Mindship
I never got involved with video games because I know how addictive they can be.

A fantasy simulator? I'd very, very likely pass.

Lord Urizen

Soleran
No, I wouldn't use this device, it's mental crack and another controlling device.

Atlantis001

Mindship
Simulation for stimulation can yield an aberration of your situation. nutsglow

Soleran

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

A Virtual Reality Matrix Simulator that allowed you to live out any and all Fantasies you desire.

Would you fear the possibility that you may become addicted to such an experience ?

Would you abandon your real life and spend the rest of your physical life logged onto this fantasy simulator ?

There isn't one of these things in the works yet?

We have been increasing our technology gradually, approaching this. Television, movies, games, internet forums wink , most forms of entertainment are vicarious forms of this machine. We are gradually shaping this machine through subtle approximations. It will be the ultimate waste of time, and if man survives long enough, will exist.

Atlantis001
Yeah, well.... I think that people must always have in mind that all simulations are real actually... I mean everything is to be taken seriously, they are not just fictions. Real life is like a simulation of that simulator but its created by our brain, and it can be considered "not real". I think many people already do that with real life. Alcohol, music and too much happiness always help us to forget that every experience is real.

So, we should always have in mind that all experiences are real.

Dreampanther
I'm already addicted to Playstation... this just sounds so much better

Smiter

You could have sex with whoever you want, you could have as many children as you want, you could be a millionaire, kill someone you hate, see your version of Heaven, anything...nothing is restricted. Nothing at all....your wildest, deepest, or even sickest, most heartfelt dreams can be experienced through this simulator.

The Government would allow it because it wasn't real...it was all a mental projection with physical sensory, but unreal, and only feels real to the participant.

Would you take advantage of such a device ? Would you try out the simulator to live our your wildest dream ?

Remember, you don't have to only experience it once, or experience only one dream. You can live out any fantasy as many times as you want, or live out as many fantasies as you want, and return to the "real world" (conciousness) whenever you wish.

Would you abandon your real life and spend the rest of your physical life logged onto this fantasy simulator ? I wouldnt say abandon but I would get what is needed in real life to survive and do the simulator after work. Fantasy is better than reality.

and I want the Simulator to be so god damn fast that It feels as if i spent a whole day in the simulator but in reality. I spent only 1 minute.

Hydrono
Originally posted by Smiter
I wouldnt say abandon but I would get what is needed in real life to survive and do the simulator after work. Fantasy is better than reality.

and I want the Simulator to be so god damn fast that It feels as if i spent a whole day in the simulator but in reality. I spent only 1 minute.

I suppose that is similar to dreaming. A dream can feel like hours but when you wake up and look at your watch, only a few minutes have passed.

Lord Urizen
I love King Xerxes, he looks like an actual God !

Smiter
he looked like a ghey version of Dhalsim in street fighter actually.

chillmeistergen
I would have keira knightley as my wife for a bit, try harder drugs, steal cars, rob a bank etc etc

Magee
I would just make my self Superman and place my self on DC earth and go around saving people till I realise i'm not a good guy so I take over the world and have sex with every celebrity, fly to the sun for the crack then smoke a shit load of weed and off to bed... Yes I am sad but this would be one hell of an invention and most likely will exist at some point in the future.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Magee
I would just make my self Superman and place my self on DC earth and go around saving people till I realise i'm not a good guy so I take over the world and have sex with every celebrity, fly to the sun for the crack then smoke a shit load of weed and off to bed... Yes I am sad but this would be one hell of an invention and most likely will exist at some point in the future.

I admire your honesty

Supreme being

If this was possible lets just say there would be a very sore cyber Tricia Helfer out there big grin

manorastroman
anyone who wouldn't at least try this device probably take themselves way, way too seriously. hell, unless your presence is genuinely enriching the world in some way (<<<.01% of the population), i say fantasy for life.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by manorastroman
anyone who wouldn't at least try this device probably take themselves way, way too seriously. hell, unless your presence is genuinely enriching the world in some way (<<<.01% of the population), i say fantasy for life.

indeed the Matrix didn't seem a bad place to live.

-FO!!

~Forever*Alone~
i would probably become so consumed by it i would die of starvation and dehydration like that kid in korea.

LordFear
this invention would bring about the social collapse on a global scale. Destruction of humanity on a global scale

grey fox
Originally posted by ~Forever*Alone~
i would probably become so consumed by it i would die of starvation and dehydration like that kid in korea.

Have to agree.

I'd become god. Warp the fictional reality and switch from benevolent to vengeful at any point and time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.