thanos and mephisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
people always say mephisto was thanos ***** is this true?

TricksterPriest
Power-wise, not sure. Mephisto is very inconsistent. I personally think he's a vastly overrated pansy. laughing But he is a legitimate high end cosmic. It's just that he's in the same league as Galactus and others, in his own world, and most of that level is way over him. Outside his place, he's kind of a loser. laughing But in everything else, Thanos owns his ass. And with some prep, or in neutral ground, I'm fairly certain Thanos could pull out the wins.

long pig
Mephisto is Odin level. End of story.

Thanos used the IG to make him his *****. Mephisto would tear normal Thanos alive.

Wally West
In Infinity War, (or the other one) when Thanos gave Mephisto the dud cosmic cube, Mephisto was angry and yelling threats at Thanos but didn't do anything about it, and Thanos didn't seem even remotely worried about him (if Mephisto was that powerful, why didn't he just kill Thanos for his "treachery"?). And earlier in that series when Mephisto appeared in his true form to Warlock and Thanos, neither of them were impressed or phased in the slightest. At the very least Thanos doesn't seem that worried about Mephisto.

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Wally West
In Infinity War, (or the other one) when Thanos gave Mephisto the dud cosmic cube, Mephisto was angry and yelling threats at Thanos but didn't do anything about it, and Thanos didn't seem even remotely worried about him (if Mephisto was that powerful, why didn't he just kill Thanos for his "treachery"?). And earlier in that series when Mephisto appeared in his true form to Warlock and Thanos, neither of them were impressed or phased in the slightest. At the very least Thanos doesn't seem that worried about Mephisto.

Yet then he goes on to fighting Galactus in a seemingly stalemate battle roll eyes (sarcastic)

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Wally West
In Infinity War, (or the other one) when Thanos gave Mephisto the dud cosmic cube, Mephisto was angry and yelling threats at Thanos but didn't do anything about it, and Thanos didn't seem even remotely worried about him (if Mephisto was that powerful, why didn't he just kill Thanos for his "treachery"?). And earlier in that series when Mephisto appeared in his true form to Warlock and Thanos, neither of them were impressed or phased in the slightest. At the very least Thanos doesn't seem that worried about Mephisto. I think it has to do with place of power. Most know that outside his realm, Mephisto has a serious decrease in power. Adam and Thanos knew his limits when he appeared aboard their ship.

xmeat
ah

xmeat
IT SEEMED STRANGE HOW MEPHISTO FIGHTS ODIN AND GALACTUS BUT IS GETTING DISSED BY THANOS.

Solidus Snake
i think its because demons are limited by "rules"

they cant/shouldnt claim souls or prizes unjustly. if thanos had a functioning unit and refused to give it up, i believe mephisto would have incinerated him. mayhap.

but since he was bested fair and square, he couldnt do didly

darthgoober
You also have to remember that no matter what else happens, Mephisto considers himself the Lord of Evil. Thanos's evil is know universally, and I'm sure Mephisto sees himself as benefiting from keeping Thanos alive even if they end up working against each other sometimes in the comics(which has only happened two or three times I believe, and Thanos is has been evil for thousands years). Even if Thanos really pisses him off, he's just to useful(and powerful) for Mephisto to have around. I mean, what if someone else like the Goddess pops up and Mephisto needs help taking them out again?

Roldz
I consider him to be a universal jobber similar to that of Champion/Terrax.. Even outside his realm he should be at the very least high skyfather inside abstract level..

Mider999
when did he fight odin

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
when did he fight odin What-If.

xmeat
bup

grey fox
Personally I'd say mephisto is maybe 3-4 times an average surfer power-level wise.

xmeat
sobump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.