Jack not a pirate anymore!?!?!?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pyratequeen
I was just reading one of the rumored scripts and at the end of the script Jack is with Beckett in his office, I think, and Beckett was offering jack a job working for him and that's how it ended!!!! So, I was thinking, OMG, what if Jack started working for Beckett and became unpirate!!!!! Someone please help me here!!!!!!!!!!!!crybaby

Too_Blue
The way that I think it's going to go down, is that Jack may in fact accept Beckett's offer.. but of course it would have to be part of Jack's master plan to resolve everything. I don't think Jack would really accept employment.

Too_Blue
sorry.. double post

bat14
ok. but if they'll make a fourth film, and disney will do that..., it wouldn't be pirates of the caribbean anymore.

But I read also, that there will be more parts, which play before the first part. Without Will and Liss. If that becomes true i think Too_Blue is right and it should end like pyratequeen said.

lovethemtigers
that part of the script is only 36 pages..and it's not the end of the movie..Plus....don't believe anymore rumors about scripts and spoilers..according to Terry...no one has the script....no workers, etc. have been handed the script to pass around...any scripts out there are false...don't worry, luv...Jack will always be a pirate..and yeah, if he accepts employment with Beckett it will be all part of Jack's master plan...

Surreal_44
Terry didn't say that everything is false. He just said that you shouldn't believe everything you hear. stick out tongue The scripts aren't false, since we already know that many of the scenes that are mentioned in the scripts have been filmed.

There is a spoiler with Jack and Beckett, and Jack basically betrays everyone, but don't worry about it. Jack will fix it all in the end. big grin

lovethemtigers
what i meant..they are not the final version...and some of those parts could have been cut and re-edited...as of last week, even....

lovethemtigers
i do believe parts of the 36 pages..since some of the scenes correspond with pics we have seen....

willofthewisp
More rumors. Some people are getting worked up about nothing. Just try to avoid hearing little things like that for about a week.

katelovespirate
Jack will do whatever it takes to survive. Once a pirate, always a pirate. Any alliance he would make with Beckett would be purely for his own gain. He hates Beckett worse than he hates Barbossa--- and he was slick as a cat with Barbossa in film 1, using him until "the oppurtune moment" came and he could shoot him dead.
As Will already stated, Jack wouldn't ever seriously truly accept an offer of being a member of the EITC, Royal Navy, or any other large establishment.

People keep telling me that Jack can't stay a pirate forever---- thats completely bogus, in my mind. This is a romantic, disney view of piracy, and Jack Sparrow is the most beloved anti-hero of our day. He can do whatever the hell he wants. He is beloved because he is a pirate. Duh. There's a reason Johnny Depp was never very successful until Pirates came out. Its the united talent of him plus the character of the pirate Jack Sparrow that made this all work. Take away JD, you've got nothing. Take away the PIRATE, you've got nothing. It's insulting to the writers to think they would take Jack Sparrow and give him a desk job.

All that to say, let's all be smart about this and remember how Disney loves their money more than their artistic/political statements. smile

pyratequeen
Thank guys. I needed a little feedback. It's just, when I saw that, I went a little insane. big grin

Ericadawn
Why do you think Jack would accept Beckett's offer?

pyratequeen
Well, thing is , Jack would probably only accept the offer if there was something good in it for him, which I expect Beckett made sure of. Jack would accept it if it would save his skin too. Or, maybe Elizabeth's? wink

Ericadawn
Well, last time, Jack accepted an offer of Beckett's, it certainly didn't out well for Jack.

Chiki Mina
I agree 100%^

pyratequeen
^ That's true, and Jack's not stupid enough to do the same thing twice.

Ericadawn
Not without making an offer of his own that's more profitable for Jack...

Chiki Mina
Or maybe...its all a trick. Jack is usually 10 steps ahead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.