Is Wolverine a midget?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
In real life, a guy who is 5'3 is very very short.

But in comics, they draw Wolverine to be pretty proportional and he doesn't look at all like 5'3. (more like 5'9 ish in comics)

So is Wolverine really 5'3 or has he grown taller?

masterbruce
Also, do you think there is a reason they created Wolverine to be so short?

Every comic book hero is usually like 6'2 or taller with some exceptions (Spiderman), so why was Logan created as a midget? Was it tied to his personality?

Flame On!!
Yes originally he had "short man" syndrome. I think since the movies he has been drawn taller. In Ultimate Comics, Wolverine often appears normal height.

- FO!!

steverules
I've always thought the adamantium kinda stopped wolverine from doing any growing

capt it up
he 5'3 and thats not a midget.

masterbruce
Originally posted by capt it up
he 5'3 and thats not a midget.

5'3 is a midget for a guy.

They used Hugh Jackman who is like 6'3 to play him in the movie.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by steverules
I've always thought the adamantium kinda stopped wolverine from doing any growing

He's been alive long enough to grow to adulthood before the Adamantium.

- FO!!

capt it up
actaully it not. a midget is under 5 feet.

masterbruce
actaully it not. a midget is under 5 feet.

I didn't realize there was a cutoff...but he is certainly very close to being a midget then.

capt it up
Originally posted by masterbruce
I didn't realize there was a cutoff...but he is certainly very close to being a midget then.

ya there is. There actaully different types of midgets as well.

masterbruce
ya there is. There actaully different types of midgets as well.

really? Why do you know this? laughing out loud confused

capt it up
saw it on tv and I like dwarfs and a kid I was friends with was almost a legal midget as well as my great grandmother

Faceman
Wolverine is not a midget, he's just a girl's height. 5'3 Maybe they made him that height to resemble his animal counterpart the Wolverine. Wolverines are smaller animals compared to a bear, or a wolf. But wolverines can fight with the biggest and baddest animals in North America.

Hercules
Well Midget is a 19th century term for a proportionate dwarf, it came into use in 1865 and refered to dwarves and little people who toured the country in freak shows.

Medicaly dwarfism is a genetic or medical condition which results in an adult height of 4ft 10inches or less, in both men and women.

So no in answer to your question Wolverine isn't a midget, hes just short for a human male.

Also Midget is now deemed an offensive term as far as people with the medical condition are concerned, how do I know this?

Tis called google! stick out tongue

Evil_Ash
He's a demi-midget. ermm

Priest
I read some where that Wolverine's boots adds 3 inches to his height bag

Hercules
Originally posted by Evil_Ash
He's a demi-midget. ermm

Wouldn't a demi-midget be half a midget? in which case wouldn't that mean he would be 2ft 5inches tall? confused stick out tongue

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Hercules
Wouldn't a demi-midget be half a midget? in which case wouldn't that mean he would be 2ft 5inches tall? confused stick out tongue

pseudo midget would be better. That or shortarse.

- FO!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.