Captain Teague

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

a-k-a-amber
Terry posted this....

Okay, so I'm taking the time to log on and offer a post here, prior to the release of At World's End, to clear up a few things regarding Captain Teague. (Terry here, one of the screenwriters.)

First, the character played by Keith Richards in the film is Captain Teague. It's not Grant, it's not Grant Teague, and most emphatically it is *not* 'Teague Sparrow.'

Please, no more 'Captain Teague Sparrow!'

Second, I'm bemused by the description of Teague as 'Jack's Father' ... as if that is a done deal. How does anyone know that? Nobody has seen the film yet, and yet everyone presumes that's the role. I hate to put too fine a point on it, but the role isn't determined by the media or the fans.

Hey, fine if you want to believe what you want to believe, but at least acknowlege, it's not a sure thing!

Hey, thanks for listening.

to me that sounds like he is more of a father figure but not his actual father

also, I think it is implying that 'Sparrow' may be a name that Jack made up himself

what do yall think? it's been awhile since we've had a nice debate

Surreal_44
Could be that Jack made up all that stuff about himself. Or it could be Terry stirring up the waters to throw everyone off. wink I don't know for sure. All I know is that he sounds a bit annoyed in his post. What do you think?

a-k-a-amber
i think he wants to get rid of 'grant' for sure and hinting towards something

or like you said trying to throw us off cause we are starting to get smart big grin and are getting close to the real story.....

I like what you said he's trying to throw us off

PirateDiva
Well thats something i never thought off!! Teague not being Jack's actual father! thats interesting!! Now i dont know what to think! embarrasment

Well ya the Sparrow thing i dont really find that odd....Most Pirates were known through names that were nick names or names made up as Pirate names but not their real names!! So it doesnt surprise me that Jack Sparrow may not be his real name!!

a-k-a-amber
well my brain has went to yammering

katelovespirate
thanks for posting.

it makes total sense- Jack Sparrow is not Jack's real or first name, he obviously made it up for himself or someone made it up for him when he turned pirate. of course his father wouldn't go by sparrow. its sort of funny actually how we never thought of that before now, because in all our fics we always call him teague sparrow, when if you bother to think about it he wouldnt go by that name at all. i dont know where grant came from either. lol.

So Captain Teague... father figure or actual father, it doesnt matter. Johnny D and Gore have both referred to him as "jack's father" numerous times in interviews. Terry is just being Terry and trying to confuse everyone and get a big reaction. the point is, Teague is heavily involved in Jack's past but has a "cameo role" that will not dominate the story. so it really doesnt matter whether its biological or not.

a-k-a-amber
I agree

gore and JD have called him Jack's Father but I also think if it's not biological then it would open other options I have seen ideas float around that suggest Beckett is Jack's brother others that say Barbsy is related to him somehow.... but idk that';s just lil rumors and stuff some people come up with crazy things

katelovespirate
knowing t and t, they will do everything in their power to avoid this turning in to 'soap operas of the caribbean'... as in, i dont think anybody is related to anybody in particular aside from what we know already. they've got enough drama to deal with without throwing awkward family affiliations in there. plus, they've copied star wars enough. wink

Ericadawn
Why would Jack take his father's name anyway if he hated him so much? How do we even know that Jack is Jack's actual name?

a-k-a-amber
i dont think it is

willofthewisp
Do we know Jack hated his father? I've been thinking, do you think Jack's real first name is John? It's not that common a thing anymore, but it used to be that if you were named John some people called you Jack as a nickname. Jack Kennedy is JFK for example. So did people use Jack as an actual name then, or is it a nickname, or a pseudonym? This whole thing is making me scream, "I don't know Jack anymore!!!!"

Surreal_44
No one knows Jack. It's part of his mystique and what makes him fun. stick out tongue

My uncle Jack is really Uncle John...which makes me wonder about where and how Jack came from John. That is such a weird 'nickname', don't you think?

IheartPocky
Johnny's son's name is John i think and they call him jack

CaptainJacksLuv
well, terrys given us one hint...... his father has bin/was/is a captain! lol

bat14
well, i think jerry is talking and talking. He wants to make a surprize and don't want, that everyone knows eveything

JacksSweet

Chiki Mina
Well, I think that what Terry is stating is "who are we to decide weather is Jack's father or not"

He is not stating that he is or not his father. He is just asking on why we are depending on the media and the fans so much weather he is or not his father.

It's just a statement....not really a spoiler. There is no use on frying your brain over this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.