can hulk survive the sun?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xmeat
We all know superman, thor, surfer, gladiator, sentry, and firelord could survive the sun but could the hulk i say yes.

Galan007
Long term exposure? no

A short burst of the Sun's heat? yes

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Galan007
Long term exposure? no

A short burst of the Sun's heat? yes

I'd give him a very brief time in the sun (more than a burst less than 15 seconds) actually thanks to his HF

Priest
Dident the hulk shake of a super nova from torch?

MightyEInherjar
How hot is the sun compared to the magma in the Earths core? We can't really gauge whether or not the magma in Planet Hulk was hotter or cooler than Earths, so...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
How hot is the sun compared to the magma in the Earths core?

no expression

In proportian to an open flame (the sun) and ice (magma)

Flame On!!
Depends how mad he is and the writer.

- FO!!

Redatom65
it isn't likely. Superman thrives on the sun and in all star superman he's dieing cause of to much solar energy

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Redatom65
it isn't likely. Superman thrives on the sun and in all star superman he's dieing cause of to much solar energy

Yes but allstar is just another version of supes. That's the nice thing about comics it's down to the writer what anything does to a character in a story. He can stay in the sun for thousands of years and gain a ppower up or be overloaded by it depending on plot.

- FO!!

MightyEInherjar
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
no expression

In proportian to an open flame (the sun) and ice (magma)

Actually, from what I just got done reading, that's not the case at all.

The temperature in the inner core is about 9032 - 10832 F, whereas the temperature of the Sun can range from 7000 F (in Sun Spots), 10000 - 11000 F in the photosphere, which is where Hulk would likely be.

The inner core of the Sun however is a completely different story, and would be closer to the analogy you provided. The odds of Hulk EVER getting there though, should be about the same odds as seeing Chuck Norris watch Lifetime. Never.

So, going off of these temperatures, I would say Hulk could survive for quite awhile in the sun, but would be incinerated at the core of the sun (or likely before he got there). Not to mention it would be him traveling the equivalent of over 52 Earths to get there.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Priest

I'm sure he could, but that's not the issue. Johnny's nova blast lasts how long? A short exposure, no problem. But survive indefinitely in the sun? No.

Soljer
Question I haven't seen addressed yet;

Core of the sun, or surface? The difference in temperatures is RIDICULOUS.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Soljer
Question I haven't seen addressed yet;

Core of the sun, or surface? The difference in temperatures is RIDICULOUS.

Wouldn't gravity drag him toward the center anyway? Or do I have my physics wrong?

Validus
Originally posted by Redatom65
They just showed his future self as Superman Prime so I'm sure theres going to be a twist explaining he isn't dying at all.

Originally posted by Priest
Yeah but if you're referring to the time Hulk went bonkers in Vegas, he was rather amped up at the time.

xmeat
SO HE CANT THEN

Symmetric Chaos

NoFate007
I'm sure they could figure out some plot device to let him survive it if they really wanted to.

jgiant
he would survive a while thanx to his rage and healing factor...but not for too long...idk really.

ThePittman

Priest

ThePittman

ThePittman
Reading a bit more the photosphere is not as dense as I originally thought, way less than water, so he would be dragged toward the inner core.

So for long term no he wouldn't survive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.