Hugo vs Sagat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Major Snafu
Sagat is used to looking down on his challengers, but now, someone is looking down on him.

Having failed to take Mike Haggar's position of Mayor from him, the massive German wrestler hears about the Muay Thai Emperor and seeks to take his title from him.

With his manager Poison at his side, the two ex-Mad Gear members travel to Thailand, where they find Sagat training...if you call training bashing a freakin' tree trunk with his knees (No kidding! There's official art of this).

http://rcl4ever.com/images/sf15th30.jpg

Hugo demands that he put his Emperor title on the line, with the stipulation that he becomes Hugo's tag team partner should he loses. Seeing this match as nothing but a mere warm-up before his much-anticipated rematch with Ryu, Sagat accepts.

Remulous
Sagat.

Nice pic too.thumb up

Superboy Prime
Sagat...but he will have to work hard for the win. Unlike Sagat, Hugo took Ryu's strongest Shoryuken(Shin Shoryuken) and kept fighting. So hmm....I'd say Hugo has the superior endurance/pain tolerance while Sagat has the greater firepower.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Sagat...but he will have to work hard for the win. Unlike Sagat, Hugo took Ryu's strongest Shoryuken(Shin Shoryuken) and kept fighting. So hmm....I'd say Hugo has the superior endurance/pain tolerance while Sagat has the greater firepower.

And the hardest-hitting super combos. Hugo will fall after taking both Tiger Cannons, Raid and Genocide (Destroyer).

Superboy Prime
I was including the hardest hitting super combos as part of his greater firepower <_<;;V

Sado22
hmmm....a guy who was raped by a shoryuken against a guy who could stand a godly version. but then again, Sagat did pwn Psycho Ryu.
Sagat is the most badass SF character, but i guess i'm leaning towards Hugo since you know, he took a direct "shit"shoryuken.

~Sado-sama

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Sado22
hmmm....a guy who was raped by a shoryuken against a guy who could stand a godly version. but then again, Sagat did pwn Psycho Ryu.
Sagat is the most badass SF character, but i guess i'm leaning towards Hugo since you know, he took a direct "shit"shoryuken.

~Sado-sama

From what I heard, it was the Metsushoryuken, not the Shinshoryuken that did Sagat in.

Remember that Sagat did defeat Ryu in the 1st tournament, but Ryu (unintentionally) split Sagat's chest in a Dark Hadou outburst, given his intense desire to win, and becoming the champion.

Sado22
oh it was VERY INTENTIONALLY...hence the expression Murderous intent. you're right though, it was the metsushoryuken. my bad.

~Sado

Remulous
Originally posted by Major Snafu
From what I heard, it was the Metsushoryuken, not the Shinshoryuken that did Sagat in.

Remember that Sagat did defeat Ryu in the 1st tournament, but Ryu (unintentionally) split Sagat's chest in a Dark Hadou outburst, given his intense desire to win, and becoming the champion. Not to mention Sagat thought the fight was over, unlike when Ryu fought Hugo and did the Shin Shoryuken in mid fight, Hugo was fully aware that he may be attacked by Ryu. Also, The Metsu Shoryuken incident was way back in SF1, even before Alpha, by the time of 3rd Strike, Sagat would be mountains ahead of the level he was at when he was defeated. If Ryu did the Metsu Shoryuken to Hugo when Hugo was just a street thug, Ryu probably would've killed him.

Major Snafu
Originally posted by Remulous
Not to mention Sagat thought the fight was over, unlike when Ryu fought Hugo and did the Shin Shoryuken in mid fight, Hugo was fully aware that he may be attacked by Ryu. Also, The Metsu Shoryuken incident was way back in SF1, even before Alpha, by the time of 3rd Strike, Sagat would be mountains ahead of the level he was at when he was defeated. If Ryu did the Metsu Shoryuken to Hugo when Hugo was just a street thug, Ryu probably would've killed him.

Good point.

TricksterPriest
Not to mention that any Ansatsuken technique done using Satsui no Hadou has it's ability to kill and damage potential greatly increased. Ryu takes the time to TONE DOWN all his moves so they won't kill. That's one of the reasons he can't beat Gouki, he's not willing to embrace Satsui no Hadou and he wasn't using the moves to their full potential. As of SF3, all his moves are now equal to the power of Evil Ryu.

Superboy Prime
And he is still not willing to kill.

Imagine if he did...? *_*

Remulous
...Death!!!...

TricksterPriest
Which ironically (or maybe not) is the kanji that shows up when Evil Ryu does the Shun Goku Satsu. Metsu=Death/Destruction.

Remulous
This Kanji?

Darkstorm Zero
Satsu = Death/murder/kill

Metsu = Destruction, or To Destroy

Messatsu = Death & Destruction

Remulous
It's strange how he never had the Metsu sign outside the ending and CVS.

Darkstorm Zero
Stranger still, is the fact that Cyber Akuma had that exact same Kanji

Remulous
What does Shin Gouki's sign mean in CVS2? I forgot.

TricksterPriest
From wiki, and I have checked this. The translation is pretty accurate.

In Capcom vs. SNK 2, as Shin Akuma, the kanji at the back of Shin Akuma's gi is kami (神 ), which stands for god, superimposed over the kanji hito (人 ) which means person (thus roughly meaning "godly person"wink, and it glows white while Akuma has his back turned, and bright yellow at the Shun Goku Satsu aftermath (using the "Kami" and "Hito" together, it would either be "Kamihito" or "Shinjin"wink. It is not so much a reference to Akuma being 'holy' as it much as it describes the nature of his otherworldly power.

Sado22
Evil Ryu looks like a pansy. I like Regular Ryu more.

~Sado

Remulous
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
From wiki, and I have checked this. The translation is pretty accurate.

In Capcom vs. SNK 2, as Shin Akuma, the kanji at the back of Shin Akuma's gi is kami (神 ), which stands for god, superimposed over the kanji hito (人 ) which means person (thus roughly meaning "godly person"wink, and it glows white while Akuma has his back turned, and bright yellow at the Shun Goku Satsu aftermath (using the "Kami" and "Hito" together, it would either be "Kamihito" or "Shinjin"wink. It is not so much a reference to Akuma being 'holy' as it much as it describes the nature of his otherworldly power. WOW Dude! Are you part Japanese?

TricksterPriest
Nah. I took some college courses. Studied for a few years. "Ware no shin no chikara, misete mi yo!" *stomps the ground and glows with a blazing aura* Kakugo wa yoi ka? *vanishes and comes down with a thunderous chop on Sado's head.* "Orokamui!" *turns around, and Shinjin appears on back* "Haji to shirei." evil face

Remulous
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Nah. I took some college courses. Studied for a few years. "Ware no shin no chikara, misete mi yo!" *stomps the ground and glows with a blazing aura* Kakugo wa yoi ka? *vanishes and comes down with a thunderous chop on Sado's head.* "Orokamui!" *turns around, and Shinjin appears on back* "Haji to shirei." evil face You should do voice overs for Japanese characters.

brainchild81
Yep. Sagat wins by the way. Hugo can take a brutal beating & against Sagat he surely will. Sagat will be tired as sh*t when it's over though.

King Nothing
Sagat wins this.

Sado22
URUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*stomps TP to the ground and beats the crap out of him*
jya na! wink

~Sado

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.