whats wrong with me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

frylock
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this

xmarksthespot
The flying spaghetti monster tells me to light fires.

frylock
...... not helping

TRH
God does not exist

frylock
yes he dose

Bardock42
Originally posted by frylock
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this Originally posted by TRH
God does not exist That would certainly help.

Why do you want to get rid of it anyways?

frylock
i want to stop saying it in my head but i dont know how

Bardock42

Why do you want to stop saying it?

xmarksthespot
~1/5 children born in sub-Saharan Africa will die before the age of five. Ponder that.

Then try and justify why anyone should care, that you choose to chant something inane in your head, enough to feel the need to help you stop doing it.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
~1/5 children born in sub-Saharan Africa will die before the age of five. Ponder that.

Then try and justify why anyone should care, that you choose to chant something inane in your head, enough to feel the need to help you stop doing it.

That's actually a very good point. This guy's a crybaby

Symmetric Chaos
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this

. . . dopamine inhibitor?

Bardock42
Like Scott Tenorman.

But, lets leave them unimportant negro babies out for a bit and talk about stuff that we...important...rich...hopefully white....westerners like to talk about, shall we?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Like Scott Tenorman.

But, lets leave them unimportant negro babies out for a bit and talk about stuff that we...important...rich...hopefully white....westerners like to talk about, shall we?

No problem.

Shakyamunison

You are superstitious. The way to stop, is to understand why.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
You are superstitious. The way to stop, is to understand why.

Ya think this is just doubt on his part or do you think he's really hearing a voice that says those things?

This is what I hate about religious arguments the impossibility of agreeing on what is symbolism and what is a literal statement.

@Frylock If you are hearing a voice then take the dopamine inhibitor (with a doctors permission) if its just doubt maybe you don't really agree with what you profess to believe. Just a though.

Magee
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this Sounds like your afraid of death/ the unknown and the whole God, going to heaven when you die scenario helps you cope with it. The only reason you wish to stop saying this 'chant' is because your affraid there will be no heaven for you... UFL LAWL.

King Kandy
Sell your soul to Omghar, Demon of Gaath!

Magee
WHO cares IF you GO to HELL as WITH no PHYSICAL body YOU will NOT be ABLE to FEEL pain SO why DOES it MATTER?

Alliance
Note: Dopamine inhibitor does not equal dopamine.

Tangible God
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this Stop praying at night. If God truly loves you, he'll understand, especially if it means you get more sleep, or can fix something major in your life.

IS it affecting your life in any remotely serious way?

No?

Then why is God letting you waste time dwelling on it and asking internet strangers for help?

Oh that's right, he doesn't exist.

Imperial_Samura

I might if I hade any idea of what you were saying:

1. You love Jesus and God
2. You love them so much you pray
3. You are scared of the Grim Reaper
4. When you are scared you have a mantra about how much God loves you and will do right by you
5. That mantra makes you mad.
6. You want to stop your mantra.

So,
a. either embrace the Reaper the next time you seem him. Then you will go to heaven and you wont be saying anything in your head.
b. Stop being scared for things
c. stop dramatising about the fact you try and reassure yourself when you are getting all worked up about a picture of the Grim Reaper
d. Lock yourself in a small box so pictures of the Grim Reaper don't get you.

And now to help you get over your fear of pictures of the Grim Reaper I present....

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/093/6/5/Angel_of_Death_AKA_Grim_Reaper_by_sinslave.jpg

See, is that so bad?

Magee
lol.

I really have no idea what he's trying to say but I think it comes down to the fact the grim reaper scares him... no expression

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Magee
lol.

I really have no idea what he's trying to say but I think it comes down to the fact the grim reaper scares him... no expression

Well, I think we should try and acclimatise him to the Reaper so he will see it and it wont bother him, so used to it will he be.

Everybody, post pictures of the Grim Reaper.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alliance
Note: Dopamine inhibitor does not equal dopamine.

Well yeah.

But dropping Dopamine levels in his brain might help if he as schitzophrenia.

or it could completely screw up his brain I would advise against taking medical advice from people on an internet forum

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/093/6/5/Angel_of_Death_AKA_Grim_Reaper_by_sinslave.jpg

Ahhhhhhhh eek! Buddha loves me and I'm going to go to Navona when I die.

laughing

Magee
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/GrimReaper6791/GrimReaper.jpg

rolling on floor laughing hmm this guy might have a heart attack when he clicks on page 2.

Magee
lol this one looks more evil.

http://images.quizilla.com/X/X./X.X/x.xdarkangellouix.x/1143625133_GrimReaper.jpg

Shelbert Lemon
I love the first picture, Im gonna send it to a friend of mine who collects Grims. happy

anyways... Shakyamunison is right.. its a superstitious thing. Like my daughters crossing their fingers as they go over railroad tracks... it wont change anything... or hurt anything. If its annoying then I can understand wanting to break the habit though.

Magee
The first one reminds me of a pog (the metal one u got to wtf pawn people with) I had when I was just a wee boy, almost exact same picture but that was so long ago its probably completely different than I imagine because I am at an age where I am having difficulty remembering my younger days when only a few years ago I could recollect no problem.... laughing

FeceMan
Who cares? Does it really cause you that much turmoil? "I'm going to heaven when I die"?

*Shrugs.*

It doesn't matter that much.

Bardock42
First would beat 2nd and 3rd.....3rd would win against 2nd though..being more scary

Adam_PoE
whats wrong with me?

You are a waste of space.

FeceMan
The pics are the best part of this thread. Nice finds smile.

marcu

Hey there Frylock. I too love God. I used to have the problem of every time I prayed, evil things would pop into my head and my prayer would be over. I struggled with this for many years. Until I realized that it is evil SPIRITS that are getting into my mind. They don't want me to be in prayer to God so they creep in there and do damage. My problem fix...was to stop right when it was happening..say out loud in Jesus' name for the spirit of "such and such" to be gone. I did this for a while and I have NO problems anymore.

Whatever is happening in your mind that you don't want or don't like...I suggest you try this for a while. God loves you muchly. big grin His name alone spoken aloud will rid anything evil around you. Give it a try.

For those of you who are going to blast me for this..remember that we all have our own beliefs and our own way of dealing. I don't blast you so please respect me and the topic poster in here. Thanks.

Magee
blink

JesusIsAlive

What is it that you chant that makes you angry?

Boris

Ahahaha....

Is this a troll?

You know how you can help yourself? Hail Satan!

TRH
Originally posted by Boris
Ahahaha....

Is this a troll?

You know how you can help yourself? Hail Satan! ew,you freak ,your the one posting random crap,you are the troll if there is one

Boris
The dark lord wants you, he needs you!

TRH
no

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

thats terrible, this person is seeking some help in the way of faith. All you people tear it down just for fun? I think We need to stop worrying about african children and start worrying about our own problems. The onle true thing we ever have in life is family, and the interactions with other people.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
thats terrible, this person is seeking some help in the way of faith. All you people tear it down just for fun? I think We need to stop worrying about african children and start worrying about our own problems. The onle true thing we ever have in life is family, and the interactions with other people.

Why? Because, quite simply, it is fun to "Tear down" stupid people. To even claim this guy has a problem the way he describes it is laughable. xmarksthespot has a good point.

Poster: I see the pictures of the Grim Reaper and because I am Christian I reassure myself God will watch out for me. I hate doing this. Help me!!!

Rest of the World: Ummm.... so that's your problem?

And what his post had to do with family I don't know. "We need to stop thinking about the masses suffering and starving and dying and concentrate on ourselves. Because family is important."

Yeah... ok. (grin)

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/294/a/3/reaper_by_lilpinkletters.jpg

King Nothing
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this If you go to church...stop. If you don't go to church...start going. Or, if you have to much fun in your life...stop. If your not having fun...go find some. You will soon solve your problems this way. May sound stupid but it just might work.

King Kandy
I told you... Omghar demon of Gaath has the answers!

Capt_Fantastic
All you people tear it down just for fun?

diarrhea hurts!

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Why? Because, quite simply, it is fun to "Tear down" stupid people. To even claim this guy has a problem the way he describes it is laughable. xmarksthespot has a good point.

And what his post had to do with family I don't know. "We need to stop thinking about the masses suffering and starving and dying and concentrate on ourselves. Because family is important."

Yeah... ok. (grin)

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs5/i/2004/294/a/3/reaper_by_lilpinkletters.jpg

So you go around in life preying on people when they are in a vulnerable state of mind and belittle a concern of theirs?

Aside from joining an organization that directly assists poverty and disease stricken people i third world countries. What is it that you propse can be done other than becomming the best possible person you can be in hopes of influencing others. what...send money to thieving coorperation on t.v? yeah that will work. unless you dedicate your life to directly trying to change the world and getting involved in organizations such as the red cross, peacecorps, americorps and so. the fact of the matter is that there really isnt anything you can do for suffering people aound the world aside from starting with yourself and interacting with people that you can actually come in contact with.

Why is it so fun for you and other people to insult peoples beliefs? Do you get off on it? It may entertain you, but does nothing for the other person. Now, friendly debate on the other hand can offer much enlightenment for noth people.

Imperial_Samura
So you go around in life preying on people when they are in a vulnerable state of mind and belittle a concern of theirs?

No, but when a person jumps up in front of me and says "you have to help me! I am a devout Christian and I reassure myself in my head with God when I see something that disturbs me!" then I will likely wave my hand and say "begone fool!". If there is a genuine need I am perfectly capable of complete sympathy and empathy. But not in all cases

Because let us face it - not everyones concerns are the same. The person who started this thread has a problem that I put in the same category of prom queens panicking because they have a pimple. Or "child hangs self because their fav. Big Brother Housemate got evicted" not sure if the latter has happened yet, but trends seem to suggest it will happen one day. Why? Because some people let themselves get so tied up by things that shouldn't be nearly as relevant.

So let me get this straight - unless you dedicate every waking moment of your life to helping the suffering masses it doesn't count? Because that rather backwards self righteousness there seems to suggest "really, at the end of the day what can you do? Not much. So why try."

Not once to I knock the concept of "being the best you can be." Nor do I see the relevance of that to this thread. Are we know blowing frylock's melodrama even more out of proportion? Is his inner chant holding him back?

Sorry, at the end of my day the things that concern me still hold more relevance in my mind then coming to this forum and feeling my heart break as I read this poor souls terrible predicament about how he is so faithful he can't help but pray internally. Sorry if my priorities offend you. Perhaps you should start an internet support group for people with frankly stupid hangups.

Where did I insult his beliefs? I insulted his stupidity if anything. And if you aren't careful I will do the same with you. He started a thread in the religion forum to mewl about how he is so very religious and as a result how pictures of the Grim Reaper make him pray in his head. This is not some terrible tragedy waiting to befall someone. This is not terrible suffering. This is not something that drops me time my knees like a well placed gut punch crying out "Oh sweet dancing Jesus! The humanity of it all."

Once again - as far as melodramatic emotional displays go this belongs in the "OH my God! It's prom night and I have a pimple! My life is over!" category. When you come up with a reason why:

"but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die."

deserves the same level of my concern as people suffering from famine, disease or poverty then we talk. Until then my mocking sneer for frylock will remain in place.

Phoenix*Rising
ok I LOVE GOD AND JESUS and I pray every night but midway threw the day i always say a little chant in my head that always makes me mad. Like when i see something like a grim reaper picture or something like that i always say in my head god loves me and im going to go to heaven when i die. can someone tell me something that would make me stop saying this First I have to say is that you need to change churches or faiths that do not condemn a person to cause such fears. At one time I thought that having certain items in the house would bring evil into it, but as I realized that this is all in a persons mind it quickly went away.

BTW, I am loving the Grim Reaper pictures. They are so fab!

FeceMan
Le sigh.

Re: "whats wrong with me "

Terminal stupidity, most likely.

Phoenix*Rising
Nah, it's just good ol brain washing that's kicked in.

office jesus

....Kill yourself?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.