samurai vs spartan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
samurai vs spartan

if a Spartan from Sparta's height in all his heavy armour with his nodding horse hair plume on his huge corinthian helmet, with his huge ****** shield, and his long spear and his leaf bladed Xiphos was to fight a Samurai from the Sengoku period is his Yorei armour and his huge helm and his Yari and Katana and Wakizashi on even ground at midday and they both were on foot who would win?

Soleran
Originally posted by supremthor
samurai vs spartan

if a Spartan from Sparta's height in all his heavy armour with his nodding horse hair plume on his huge corinthian helmet, with his huge ****** shield, and his long spear and his leaf bladed Xiphos was to fight a Samurai from the Sengoku period is his Yorei armour and his huge helm and his Yari and Katana and Wakizashi on even ground at midday and they both were on foot who would win?

Spartan

Shield wins over sword and spear.

Röland
Samurai.

Quickness beats the Spartan in his heavy armor.

Eclipso
Samurai would win every time. They kill in one strike.

supremthor
Originally posted by Eclipso
Samurai would win every time. They kill in one strike.

That tells me that you don't know anything about Spartans

Eclipso
Samurai's weren't like the movies portray them, they allowed the enemy to strike first and then killed them. They know every part of the body to kill in one stroke.

§uffer§noopy
Samurai's often fought opponents that didn't use shields though, didn't they? If they fought at all.

Eclipso
A Samurai could work aroudn a sheild.

§uffer§noopy
Fanboy.

Eclipso
Are you trying to turn me on? shifty

§uffer§noopy
*masturbates you.*

Eclipso
passion

supremthor
The Katana is a slashing weapon. Its not made for stabbing.So that wont really work on a Spartans shield,I know the Samurai doesn't only use a sword, I know that their are different types of Samurai. But you ALL overrate the strength of a Samurai.people seem to think as Samurais as some kind of SuperNinjas. This isnt 'Tiger and Dragon' or 'Hero', where people fly around and do the most outstanding.Have you guys ever realised that Samurai were only effective against other Samurai. Look at the history of the Samurai, they only did good when fighting other Samurai. Say the Spartan is fighting a Samurai with a spear and a Katana. Say the samurai looked like this With that type of armor and with a spear. Now say the spartans were wearing this type of armor, had a short sword, and a spear.Now Spartans and Samurai both were great warriors, but Spartans were training to fight as a youth, so were Samurai's but not at the extent of a Spartan. Saying a Spartan wouldn't be flexible is HORRIBLY wrong. The Samurai wouldn't be able to even swing at the Spartan because of his shield. A thin sword such as the Katana hitting a very thick shield wouldn't be good for the Katana

MightyEInherjar
There's an amazing amount of bias towards eastern martial artists, Samurais, ninjas, etc. You're not going to get a very good response here, I can recommend a few other sites with this topic already going if you'd like.

My opinion? Average Spartan vs average Samurai, Samurai takes 7/10 of the fight. There's a lot of hype around the Spartans as well, especially with 300 coming out.

I can post reasoning if it's necessary, but I don't think this topic is going to get anything but sarcasm here.

supremthor
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
There's an amazing amount of bias towards eastern martial artists, Samurais, ninjas, etc. You're not going to get a very good response here, I can recommend a few other sites with this topic already going if you'd like.

My opinion? Average Spartan vs average Samurai, Samurai takes 7/10 of the fight. There's a lot of hype around the Spartans as well, especially with 300 coming out.

I can post reasoning if it's necessary, but I don't think this topic is going to get anything but sarcasm here.

true closing

DarkC
Samurai; do not underestimate the damage a katana swing can do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.