"Use the force Luke"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
In Epi.IV during the Death Star trench run,you hear Obi-Won tell Luke to use the force. What I want to know is this. Was Obi-Wan talking to Luke in spirit like he did on the Death Star or was Luke just remembering what Obi-Wan told him?

Darth Daft
Never thought of that. I always just think of him as talking in spirit, although I guess it could indeed by a flashback.

UnknownBountyHunter
I think the spirit idea and flashbacks coincide interdependently. How can you really tell when the spirit is "there" if he is restating himself? Maybe its a flashback, maybe its the spirit again.

theEviljedi
So your saying it's up to the imagination?

UnknownBountyHunter
Imagination? I don't think its that. A conscious if you will. Like a universal soul...

Yeah! I got the 800th post on this forum! Wahoo! smile

theEviljedi
How do you know this is your 800th post here?

UnknownBountyHunter
No silly, of the this forum, because before I posted the # of posts here was 799! smile

Err...anyways, back on subject...

UnknownBountyHunter
EJ, only post what you necessarily have to! Alright? smile

theEviljedi
Yes master...I mean UBH.

Ratcat
I always believed that the voice Luke heard was actually OB1's spirit voice and not just a memory.

I believe it was done to show us that OB1 had truely moved on and become mnore powerful as a result of his death.

Jedimaster3838
I agree RC, that was the percurser to actually seeing the spirit in ESB. Had the spirit not returned then I would guess it was just Luke remembering, but with Ben returning Lucas implied for it to be his actual ghost.

Gundark
I feel it was actually Obi Wan speaking, as he did right after he died and everybody was piling into the Falcon to get off the Death Star. "Run, Luke, run".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.