The Suffering of Jews

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
Is it just me, or have you guys noticed an annoying constant in History when it comes to Jews ?

Jews have been enslaved, tortured, and then exiled by every single culture who conquered them, and from every single land they try to inhabit

Why is this ? Why has this always been ?

Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Persians, Arabs, even Europeans have either subdued Jews, enslaved them, oppressed them in some way, or exiled them from any inhabital area.

They were the prime targets of the Holocaust and of the Nazi's agenda.

Why is this ?

It seems as though no culture/group of people have been collectively tormented for so long as Jewish people have throughout all of History.

And why is this ignored ? Why is this hardly ever discussed ? This injustice has gone on since the very beginnings of Human Civilization, and still continues today....

thoughts ?

FeceMan
Such is the burden of God's people.

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession."

Now, if you can put two and two together and figure out why this is without saying something typical of you, I will give you a cookie.

Tangible God
Being one of the first Monotheist religions kinda made them the odd one out amidst all the pagans and Poly's.

Nellinator
Originally posted by FeceMan
Now, if you can put two and two together and figure out why this is without saying something typical of you, I will give you a cookie. laughing
Seriously though, the persecution of the Jews seems out of place in history, it actually really strengthens my faith... I think you are slightly closer to an epiphany LU.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Is it just me, or have you guys noticed an annoying constant in History when it comes to Jews ?

Jews have been enslaved, tortured, and then exiled by every single culture who conquered them, and from every single land they try to inhabit

Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Persians, Arabs, even Europeans have either subdued Jews, enslaved them, oppressed them in some way, or exiled them from any inhabital area.

Why is this ?

It seems as though no culture/group of people have been collectively tormented for so long as Jewish people have throughout all of History.

And why is this ignored ? Why is this hardly ever discussed ? This injustice has gone on since the very beginnings of Human Civilization, and still continues today....

thoughts ?

It is not ignored, just not discussed on this forum. Israel now continues to be pushed and pulled here and there.

I think one thing which is more than evident about Jews is that they did not demand drespect, they earnd it, and not through desecrating churches, mosqes, temples and other places of worship.
Jews did not demand respect throug threatening and violence.
They deff earned it from the world.

American Jews have some problems, but as a group of people they have stood up to all indeed.

Lord Urizen

"God's people" huh ? I guess that leaves out Christians, Muslims, and Atheists.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is everyone's burden to suffer. Everyone has been persecuted and victimized at some point. I just find it odd that Jews have been persecuted far longer than anyone else has.

I have never heard a case of Jews being responsible for long-term persecution of any other culture.

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, other polytheistic religions, and even Atheists have been responsible for the suffering and torment of countless people.

However, Jews are the only other group who have not been responsible for anywher the amount of damage everyone else caused (except for Buddhists)

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession."

So how come Christians haven't suffered the way Jews have, and how come Christians took part in the oppression of other people, while Jew's haven't ?

Now, if you can put two and two together and figure out why this is without saying something typical of you, I will give you a cookie.

I prefer sausage droolio

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
It is not ignored, just not discussed on this forum. Israel now continues to be pushed and pulled here and there.

I think one thing which is more than evident about Jews is that they did not demand drespect, they earnd it, and not through desecrating churches, mosqes, temples and other places of worship.
They deff earned it from the world.

American Jews have some problems, but as a group of people they have stood up to all indeed.

Well, I'm tired of the Jewish Suffering being ignored on KMC. It seems that one has really spoken up for them. They'd probably refer to me as a "sinner" or whatever, at least the Orthadox ones, but i don't care.

Unjust suffering is unjust suffering, and we shouldn't act like it never happened.

I am not saying that thier suffering is any worse or more valid than another's. I am just intrigued by the fact that almost EVERY other culture has oppressed them in some way, shape, or form.

lord xyz

Why is this ?

thoughts ? Because they steal money and cut off people's foreskin and wear stupid ****ing hats.

lil bitchiness
Muslims cut penis skin too.

(Do Catholics (or any other branch) do that as well, or am I way off?)

Shakyamunison

(Do Catholics (or any other branch) do that as well, or am I way off?)

Are you talking about circumcision?

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Are you talking about circumcision?

What do you think?

Shakyamunison
What do you think?

I asked first...

Gregory

Why is this ?

thoughts ?

You can't seriously believe that the persecution of the Jewish people has been ignored? I doubt there's another group in the world whose suffering has received so much international attention (How many people were murdered in the 1972 Burundi genocided? What groups? Why? Who was responsible? Ask the average person on the street that, and you'll just get blank stares. Ask them about the Hollocaust, and they'll be able to answer).

As for why, there are a number of factors. The Romans hated them because they were aggresively monotheistic. The Christians hated them because they blamed them for the crucifixion, and because the Jews had oppressed Christian groups when they were the ones in power. Christian Europeans hated them because of the Cruficixion thing, and also because the bankers and loan-sharks of the day were all Jewish

Alliance
The victimization of Jews has gone too far in my opinion. They have been victimized throughout history, but so have many other racial, ethnic and religious groups.

The Jews get much more attention than the religion deserves given its size. I also don't like that anyone who protests the actions of the nation of Israel is magically an anti-semite. Judaism and Zionism have become synonymous in many respects. I think thats a very bad thing.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Gregory
You can't seriously believe that the persecution of the Jewish people has been ignored?

No, just on KMC

Originally posted by Gregory
As for why, there are a number of factors. The Romans hated them because they were aggresively monotheistic. The Christians hated them because they blamed them for the crucifixion, and because the Jews had oppressed Christian groups when they were the ones in power. Christian Europeans hated them because of the Cruficixion thing, and also because the bankers and loan-sharks of the day were all Jewish

Are any one of these reasons justifiable ?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Alliance
The victimization of Jews has gone too far in my opinion. They have been victimized throughout history, but so have many other racial, ethnic and religious groups.

The Jews get much more attention than the religion deserves given its size. I also don't like that anyone who protests the actions of the nation of Israel is magically an anti-semite. Judaism and Zionism have become synonymous in many respects. I think thats a very bad thing.

I am not saying we should excuse Isreal....or automatically go against Palestine

Capt_Fantastic

Why is this ?

thoughts ?

How about I say something typical of him and you can give him the cookie anyway?

Gays are my butt buddies and i often walk the streets with a butter knife shoved up my ass and I love it when men touch me with their penises.

How was that?

First, the dillusion that an all knowing god would play favorites with one particular people over all others is indicative of the stereotypical Jewish philosophy that god loves them more because he's given them the most crap to deal with. It's very much where Jesus got his idea that the marginalized segments of society are god's favored over the rich and comfortable.

Second, everything Jesus said has been bastardized by the men who came after him and sought to keep or increase the power their religion would bring them. So, Christians are fast to hold onto the idea that the Jews were the chosen people until Jesus came along and created a whole new show...and they killed him. (Some christians really can't get pass this)

Third, the Jews need to get over themselves. Just like the Christians, the Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Germans, Japanese, Americans, the French, the Chinese...and basically all humans. In fact, once humans get over the need to assume they're here because some greater power conceptualized, designed, created, controls or enlightened them, the easier it will be to get rid of this superiority/persecution complex that fuels all the stupidity on this planet.

Capt_Fantastic

"did not" or "does not"?

FeceMan
"God's people" huh ? I guess that leaves out Christians, Muslims, and Atheists.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

It is everyone's burden to suffer. Everyone has been persecuted and victimized at some point. I just find it odd that Jews have been persecuted far longer than anyone else has.

I have never heard a case of Jews being responsible for long-term persecution of any other culture.

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, other polytheistic religions, and even Atheists have been responsible for the suffering and torment of countless people.

However, Jews are the only other group who have not been responsible for anywher the amount of damage everyone else caused (except for Buddhists)

So how come Christians haven't suffered the way Jews have, and how come Christians took part in the oppression of other people, while Jew's haven't ?
Because Christians are not the chosen people of God. We follow Him and His teachings, but we are not set apart like the Jews.

The text in your signature needs to be brighter, and I suppose that this is the most I could ask for out of you.

I will tell you the reason why the Jews are so persecuted: they are the chosen of God, and even the fallen of the heavenly host know, recognize, and acknolwedge this.

Lord Urizen
Because Christians are not the chosen people of God. We follow Him and His teachings, but we are not set apart like the Jews.

Why not ?

The text in your signature needs to be brighter, and I suppose that this is the most I could ask for out of you.

I will redo the type on my Sig in my own time

I will tell you the reason why the Jews are so persecuted: they are the chosen of God, and even the fallen of the heavenly host know, recognize, and acknolwedge this.

What are they chosen for ?

What does being "God's people" actually mean ?

And so what....everyone is persecuted in some way, shape, or form. My question is why is it that every other culture has oppressed them ?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Gays are my butt buddies and i often walk the streets with a butter knife shoved up my ass and I love it when men touch me with their penises.

That's pretty much correct, except you have to replace "butter knife" with dildo.

Everything else was accurate wink

How was that?

You were almost theredroolio

First, the dillusion that an all knowing god would play favorites with one particular people over all others is indicative of the stereotypical Jewish philosophy that god loves them more because he's given them the most crap to deal with. It's very much where Jesus got his idea that the marginalized segments of society are god's favored over the rich and comfortable.

True, it's the same complex that Mother Teresa had about suffering. That suffering was this blessing God sent to those he loved.

If that was so, then why is Hell a bad thing ? confused

Second, everything Jesus said has been bastardized by the men who came after him and sought to keep or increase the power their religion would bring them. So, Christians are fast to hold onto the idea that the Jews were the chosen people until Jesus came along and created a whole new show...and they killed him. (Some christians really can't get pass this)

thumb up

Third, the Jews need to get over themselves. Just like the Christians, the Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Germans, Japanese, Americans, the French, the Chinese...and basically all humans. In fact, once humans get over the need to assume they're here because some greater power conceptualized, designed, created, controls or enlightened them, the easier it will be to get rid of this superiority/persecution complex that fuels all the stupidity on this planet.

That is true, but that's not the topic...

This thread is not asking why Jewish people think the way they do, or beleive what they beleive...i couldn't care less. And FYI, unlike so many Christians, most Jews don't actually beleive that bullshit.

Most of the Jews I have met are very open to the possibility that they MAY be wrong....and they don't necessarily feel they have special privelages or rights over another group.

I just don't see why they have been easily succumb by so many other people throughout history.

Capt_Fantastic
I just don't see why they have been easily succumb by so many other people throughout history.

Because they've been a nation of wandering peasants for much of their history.

(except when the one true god, who chose them above all others, occasionally took an interest in their well being in the form of a burning bush or a pillar of fire, or a mighty flood that destroyed everything)

Sure, a lot of the Jews I know aren't very zealous. But why do they need to be? Their teachers are pretty good at explaining a metaphor or a parable. This is not something that is very well understood by their christian and muslim counterparts, who've been ignorant enough to take all that shit literally.

lil bitchiness

(except when the one true god, who chose them above all others, occasionally took an interest in their well being in the form of a burning bush or a pillar of fire, or a mighty flood that destroyed everything)

Ahahahahaha! I love that!

FeceMan
Why not ?
Because...because we weren't chosen.

Good for you.

They're set apart from all others. They have been chosen among all other people to uphold His laws and to stand apart from all other peoples.

I will repeat myself:

"I will tell you the reason why the Jews are so persecuted: they are the chosen of God, and even the fallen of the heavenly host know, recognize, and acknolwedge this."

Lord Urizen
Because...because we weren't chosen.

Good for you.

They're set apart from all others. They have been chosen among all other people to uphold His laws and to stand apart from all other peoples.

I will repeat myself:

"I will tell you the reason why the Jews are so persecuted: they are the chosen of God, and even the fallen of the heavenly host know, recognize, and acknolwedge this."

Does anybody else notice that he didn't really answer my questions ? erm

Blaxican
No, I was too busy looking at the kitten in your signature no expression

Gregory
CHAPTER XVI -- CIRCUMCISION GIVEN AS A SIGN, THAT THE JEWS MIGHT BE DRIVEN AWAY FOR THEIR EVIL DEEDS DONE TO CHRIST AND THE CHRISTIANS.

"And God himself proclaimed by Moses, speaking thus: 'And circumcise the hardness of your hearts, and no longer stiffen the neck. For the Lord your God is both Lord of lords, and a great, mighty, and terrible God, who regardeth not persons, and taketh not rewards.' And in Leviticus: 'Because they have transgressed against Me, and despised Me, and because they have walked contrary to Me, I also walked contrary to them, and I shall cut them off in the land of their enemies. Then shall their uncircumcised heart be turned.' For the circumcision according to the flesh, which is from Abraham, was given for a sign; that you may be separated from other nations, and from us; and that you alone may suffer that which you now justly suffer; and that your land may be desolate, and your cities burned with fire; and that strangers may eat your fruit in your presence, and not one of you may go up to Jerusalem.' For you are not recognised among the rest of men by any other mark than your fleshly circumcision. For none of you, I suppose, will venture to say that God neither did nor does foresee the events, which are future, nor fore-ordained his deserts for each one. Accordingly, these things have happened to you in fairness and justice, for you have slain the Just One, and His prophets before Him; and now you reject those who hope in Him, and in Him who sent Him--God the Almighty and Maker of all things--cursing in your synagogues those that believe on Christ. For you have not the power to lay hands upon us, on account of those who now have the mastery. But as often as you could, you did so. Wherefore God, by Isaiah, calls to you, saying, 'Behold how the righteous man perished, and no one regards it. For the righteous man is taken away from before iniquity. His grave shall be in peace, he is taken away from the midst. Draw near hither, ye lawless children, seed of the adulterers, and children of the whore. Against whom have you sported yourselves, and against whom have you opened the mouth, and against whom have you loosened the tongue?'

CHAPTER XVII -- THE JEWS SENT PERSONS THROUGH THE WHOLE EARTH TO SPREAD CALUMNIES ON CHRISTIANS.

"For other nations have not inflicted on us and on Christ this wrong to such an extent as you have, who in very deed are the authors of the wicked prejudice against the Just One, and us who hold by Him. For after that you had crucified Him, the only blameless and righteous Man,-- through whose swipes those who approach the Father by Him are healed,--when you knew that He had risen from the dead and ascended to heaven, as the prophets foretold He would, you not only did not repent of the wickedness which you had committed, but at that time you selected and sent out from Jerusalem chosen men through all the land to tell that the godless heresy of the Christians had sprung up, and to publish those things which all they who knew us not speak against us. So that you are the cause not only of your own unrighteousness, but in fact of that of all other men. And Isaiah cries justly: 'By reason of you, My name is blasphemed among the Gentiles.' And: 'Woe unto their soul! because they have devised an evil device against themselves, saying, Let us bind the righteous, for he is distasteful to us. Therefore they shall eat the fruit of their doings. Woe unto the wicked evil shall be rendered to him according to the works of his hands.' And again, in other words: 'Woe unto them that draw their iniquity as with a long cord, and their transgressions as with the harness of a heifer's yoke: who say, Let his speed come near; and let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel come, that we may know it. Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put light for darkness, and darkness for light; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!' Accordingly, you displayed great zeal in publishing throughout all the land bitter and dark and unjust things against the only blameless and righteous Light sent by God.

For He appeared distasteful to you when He cried among you, 'It is written, My house is the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves!' He overthrew also the tables of the money-changers in the temple, and exclaimed, 'Woe unto you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye pay tithe of mint and rue, but do not observe the love of God and justice. Ye whited sepulchres! appearing beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones.' And to the Scribes, 'Woe unto you, Scribes! for ye have the keys, and ye do not enter in yourselves, and them that are entering in ye hinder; ye blind guides!'

CHAPTER XVIII -- CHRISTIANS WOULD OBSERVE THE LAW, IF THEY DID NOT KNOW WHY IT WAS INSTITUTED.

"For since you have read, O Trypho, as you yourself admitted, the doctrines taught by our Saviour, I do not think that I have done foolishly in adding some short utterances of His to the prophetic statements. Wash therefore, and be now clean, and put away iniquity from your souls, as God bids you be washed in this layer, and be circumcised with the true circumcision. For we too would observe the fleshly circumcision, and the Sabbaths, and in short all the feasts, if we did not know for what reason they were enjoined you,--namely, on account of your transgressions and the hardness of your hearts. For if we patiently endure all things contrived against us by wicked men and demons, so that even amid cruelties unutterable, death and torments, we pray for mercy to those who inflict such things upon us, and do not wish to give the least retort to any one, even as the new Lawgiver commanded us: how is it, Trypho, that we would not observe those rites which do not harm us,--I speak of fleshly circumcision, and Sabbaths, and feasts?

Capt_Fantastic
I will repeat myself:

Okay. But we have already established that. So in that caase we've already answered the topic question. But, if they're the chosen people of the one true god, where the hell was god before the exodus and after the first few kings of Israel? Because they seem to have taken a lot of shit before that and since then.

(which is my point. they call themselves the chosen people of god because they've got a lot of compensating to do.)

lord xyz

(Do Catholics (or any other branch) do that as well, or am I way off?) Yes, catholics do aswell. But the jews invented it. And howe come you're not saying anything about the jews stealing money?

FeceMan
Does anybody else notice that he didn't really answer my questions ? erm
Shitty-ass questions get shitty-ass answers.

*Shrugs.*
Okay. But we have already established that. So in that caase we've already answered the topic question. But, if they're the chosen people of the one true god, where the hell was god before the exodus and after the first few kings of Israel? Because they seem to have taken a lot of shit before that and since then.

(which is my point. they call themselves the chosen people of god because they've got a lot of compensating to do.)
God was there...and I am doubtful that they call themselves the chosen of God because they want to compensate for themselves.

Capt_Fantastic
God was there...and I am doubtful that they call themselves the chosen of God because they want to compensate for themselves.

Dude, that's because you believe god chose them, right?

FeceMan
Dude, that's because you believe god chose them, right?
DUDE, WHERE'S MY JESUS?

(And, yes.)

Lord Urizen
Shitty-ass questions get shitty-ass answers.

*Shrugs.*

Another cowardly answer roll eyes (sarcastic)

You couldn't actually answer them, because you don't know the answer. Just admit ignorance, and earn respect for your views.

FeceMan
Another cowardly answer roll eyes (sarcastic)
Ask a better question to get a better answer.

Lord Urizen
Ask a better question to get a better answer.

The answer is that you do not know. Please stop acting as if you have some kind of insight that the rest of us lack. Cut the bullshit already

Capt_Fantastic
(And, yes.)

Well, then I can understand that you would doubt much of the Jewish religion is compensation.

FeceMan
The answer is that you do not know. Please stop acting as if you have some kind of insight that the rest of us lack. Cut the bullshit already
Ask a better question and receive a better answer.

Lord Urizen
Ask a better question and receive a better answer.

Do not answer a question you do not have the ability to answer

Quiero Mota
Sure, a lot of the Jews I know aren't very zealous.

That's true; Jews arent. Unlike Muslims and Christians, they don't lead a monastic lifestyle. Unlike Muslims and Christians, they arent supposed to attempt to convert people.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
That's true; Jews arent. Unlike Muslims and Christians, they don't lead a monastic lifestyle. Unlike Muslims and Christians, they arent supposed to attempt to convert people.

Isn't converting to Judaism really hard and stuff? I heard rabbi turns you away few times, before saying yes.

Quiero Mota
Three times.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Three times.

It sounds like they're getting you ready for the ****ed up relationship god apparently has with his chosen people.

FeceMan
Do not answer a question you do not have the ability to answer
Don't ask a question that I have the ability to answer but have already answered for you.

Lord Urizen
Don't ask a question that I have the ability to answer but have already answered for you.

You have not answered it. My questions were:

1)- Why aren't Christians God's chosen people ?

2)- Why is it that Jews have been tormented by EVERY other culture, not just by ONE dominant culture

3)- IF they are truly God's people, why is it they suffer so ? If suffering is a requirment to be a child of God, then I'd rather not be a child of that God.

4) How do you know the Jews are truly God's chosen people, and not simply a religious people who have been persecuted so.

* if you cannot answer the actual questions, instead of displaying loophole half ass answers, then do not reply.

FeceMan
You have not answered it. My questions were:

1)- Why aren't Christians God's chosen people ?
Christians aren't a "people." Christians are those who have accepted the salvation given by Christ--there is no set "group" like the Jews.

Because Satan and his angels know this.

See the answer to number two.

Becaus I'm choosing to believe what's written in Deuteronomy, part of the Jewish and Christian religions?

Lord Urizen
Christians aren't a "people." Christians are those who have accepted the salvation given by Christ--there is no set "group" like the Jews.

What exactly separates you from the Jews...what does it mean to be "God's Chosen people"...?

Because Satan and his angels know this.

How do you know they exist ?

See the answer to number two.

See the question to number 2

Becaus I'm choosing to believe what's written in Deuteronomy, part of the Jewish and Christian religions?

Which means you dont know

Finally, you answered the question. Thanks

FeceMan
What exactly separates you from the Jews...what does it mean to be "God's Chosen people"...?
To be...to be chosen by God? I'm not really sure how to make this any more clear.

Because the Bible says so. And, since this entire discussion has been with the assumption that God exists, that's perfectly logical.

You fail.

Lord Urizen
To be...to be chosen by God? I'm not really sure how to make this any more clear.

What are they chosen for ? What are they chosen to do.....

Because the Bible says so. And, since this entire discussion has been with the assumption that God exists, that's perfectly logical.

The Bible is a book of myths...how is that proof of anything ?

You fail.

Logic says otherwise wink

FeceMan
What are they chosen for ? What are they chosen to do.....
I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS A PAGE BACK. YOU CAUSE ME SO MUCH PAIN.

Lord Urizen
I ALREADY ANSWERED THIS A PAGE BACK. YOU CAUSE ME SO MUCH PAIN.

Sorry, I'll use more LUBE next time droolio

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.