Alpha Flight vs Guardians of the Galaxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
ok

guy222
Originally posted by guy222
ok

Team 2

nvrbeenwthagirl
You should list the rosters first.

King_Mungi
Indeed, Alpha Flight has had like 20 members. Besides other than Starfox I don't see how many of the members of GotG actually matches up to the many heavy hitters of Alpha Flight.

guy222
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You should list the rosters first.

AF=Tanaraq, Snowbird, Sasquatch, Box and others
Guardians=Mainframe, Giruad, Ghost Rider, Starhawk, Vance Astro

guy222
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Indeed, Alpha Flight has had like 20 members. Besides other than Starfox I don't see how many of the members of GotG actually matches up to the many heavy hitters of Alpha Flight.

How does Mainframe and Autolycus compare with Tanaraq and Snowbird?

King_Mungi
Tanaraq and Snowbird are skyfathers.

Tanaraq is an Elder God, Snowbird can become one. So not very good.

guy222
Tanaraq and Snowbird are skyfathers.

Tanaraq is an Elder God, Snowbird can become one. So not very good.

Do u know about Mainframe? I did the thread to learn more about AF. Its a lot different when I read the comic many yrs ago

LORDSIDIOUS01
Do u know about Mainframe? I did the thread to learn more about AF. Its a lot different when I read the comic many yrs ago

GOTG. Autolycus and Giruad just too much

King_Mungi
Explain to me Giruid and Autolycus powers as from what I have read of them, they are hardly skyfather level.

guy222
Explain to me Giruid and Autolycus powers as from what I have read of them, they are hardly skyfather level.

I will. Finishing a report. I be back. Thanks for the input. As I said, learning about AF. Ur the expert. Its good to learn

Ethereal
Guardians of the Galaxy wins

They dealt with Cosmic types daily. Phoenix IX went toe to toe with an Absolute, thats not something to be taken lightly.

guy222
Originally posted by Ethereal
Guardians of the Galaxy wins

They dealt with Cosmic types daily. Phoenix IX went toe to toe with an Absolute, thats not something to be taken lightly.

Do u believe there's a connection with the Absolutes and Celestials?

Ethereal
Do u believe there's a connection with the Absolutes and Celestials?

No telling. The Absolutes as far as I know, were only referenced on panel one time. They stated most of them ascended into higher states, while a select few stayed behind. I believe Celestials were created by Eternity and most serve his purpose, save Tiamut who realized how powerful he was compared to the rest. I think The Absolutes may have some connection to the The Makers, but thats only in the similarities of appearance + powers and enigmatic use of powers.

guy222
No telling. The Absolutes as far as I know, were only referenced on panel one time. They stated most of them ascended into higher states, while a select few stayed behind. I believe Celestials were created by Eternity and most serve his purpose, save Tiamut who realized how powerful he was compared to the rest. I think The Absolutes may have some connection to the The Makers, but thats only in the similarities of appearance + powers and enigmatic use of powers.

It's a wild theory. I believe they are Celestials. Who knows? Can u tell me who are The Makers? What issue did the Absolutes appear?

King_Mungi
Ummm....Alpha Flight dealt with cosmics and Elder Gods daily, and Guardian himself defeated a weakened Galactus.

guy222
Ummm....Alpha Flight dealt with cosmics and Elder Gods daily, and Guardian himself defeated a weakened Galactus.

I didn't know Guardian stopped Big G

King_Mungi
I didn't know Guardian stopped Big G

Alpha Flight Special #4 of 4 or reprinted in Alpha Flight #100 (Vol.1)

guy222
Alpha Flight Special #4 of 4 or reprinted in Alpha Flight #100 (Vol.1)

I am at the comic store. Guy222 says thank u

LORDSIDIOUS01
The Gaurdians of the Galaxy easily.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
The Gaurdians of the Galaxy easily.

Care to explain how?

King_Mungi
I am at the comic store. Guy222 says thank u

I have posted the scans in the Guardian respect thread

guy222
I have posted the scans in the Guardian respect thread

I will look smile

Ethereal
Giraud has the Phoenix Force. The same Phoenix beat a Normal Big G.

In GotG he Destroyed several planets.

I'll post scans if need be.

guy222

Please smile

King_Mungi

Actually no at that time Galactus was vastly weakened and hungry.

Shaman and now Talisman as she now has his medicine pouch has excess to an entire universe and if the Void is unleashed could engulf everything.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Care to explain how?

Giruad has the PF. Too powerful. Meh

King_Mungi
Not really, Alpha Flight has rountinely fought people who are Elder Gods or cosmic beings and defeated them. A Pheonix avatar is no different.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Not really, Alpha Flight has rountinely fought people who are Elder Gods or cosmic beings and defeated them. A Pheonix avatar is no different.

Lord Sidious knows the PF is powerful. It will always live. Elder Gods/Certain Cosmic beings are nothing to the immortal Force. But meh

leonidas
girayd is part of the galactic guardians, not the guardians of the galaxy. af owns gotg whose biggest gun is the very inconsistent starhawk. galactic guardians would beat them.

phoenix. spirit of vengeance. firelord. hollywood (wonderman, prolly shown at his strongest, most invulnerable levels), mainframe (future vision whose scope of power and intelligence was enormous). i think keeper was considered at one point part of the team as well -- ss + quantum bands -- or at least he was associated with them.

galactic guardians were beasts and had too much power over all.

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
girayd is part of the galactic guardians, not the guardians of the galaxy. af owns gotg whose biggest gun is the very inconsistent starhawk. galactic guardians would beat them.

phoenix. spirit of vengeance. firelord. hollywood (wonderman, prolly shown at his strongest, most invulnerable levels), mainframe (future vision whose scope of power and intelligence was enormous). i think keeper was considered at one point part of the team as well -- ss + quantum bands -- or at least he was associated with them.

Do u know when the Guardians became Galactic Guardians? Looking for the issues now. It is Giruad. I know who he is. smile

leonidas
galactic guardians first appeared in a gotg annual (i think . . .) -- not sure what issue. i'd need to look. they later had a mini series that was actually pretty damn entertaining. smile

Hercules
galactic guardians first appeared in a gotg annual (i think . . .) -- not sure what issue. i'd need to look. they later had a mini series that was actually pretty damn entertaining. smile

They first apeared as a team in the gotg annual, they formed a few issues prior IIRC, I have the issues somewhere, when I get a moment I will have to dust them off.

But I'm pretty certain their first apearence as a team was in the annual.

King_Mungi
Lord Sidious knows the PF is powerful. It will always live. Elder Gods/Certain Cosmic beings are nothing to the immortal Force. But meh

Except he DID not have complete and control over the entire force. You think Rachel since she is an avatar can frequently take elder gods and skyfathers? I beg to differ.

Also the fact, you can't kill a Great Beast. Their older than the Earth and are the personification of death on Earth when it was first commencing alive.

Cosigned.

guy222

I have em all. I will read later. Thanks for post

guy222
Except he DID not have complete and control over the entire force. You think Rachel since she is an avatar can frequently take elder gods and skyfathers? I beg to differ.

Also the fact, you can't kill a Great Beast. Their older than the Earth and are the personification of death on Earth when it was first commencing alive.

Cosigned.

I will let an expert smile discuss the PF. I believe, there isn't too much greater than the PF. Jean/Rachel/Giruad all avatars. I know Celestials embarass Skyfathers.

King, how do u stop a Great Beast. Is it a spell?

guy222
Giruad has the PF. Too powerful. Meh

Welcome backcheers I believe as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.