Captain America In the News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alra121
Following Article from Newsarama. SPOILER ALERT It provides detail information on issue #25 due out today and also provides one page or artwork:

http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/CapAmerica/DDream/Cap25.html

I can't wait to pick up this issue.

grey fox
What a f*cking disgusting spectacle. This just PROVES how cheap Civil War is now.

Alfheim
Damn this should be interesting.....of course hes not going to die.

grey fox
Originally posted by Alfheim

Did you READ the Newsrama article.

jasonk3

Sounds like some one is in denial whistling

grey fox
Originally posted by jasonk3
Sounds like some one is in denial whistling

thumb up

Alfheim
Well why would he die? Too many Cap fans like Steve Rogers, when John Walker replaced Cap it was only temporary as well.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/Cap_pages-2.jpg

This country is going to hell. erm stick out tongue

Alfheim
Oh yeah I think Spiderman and Superman have been killed and they have come back, but im in denial confused

grey fox
Well why would he die? Too many Cap fans like Steve Rogers, when John Walker replaced Cap it was only temporary as well.

Once upon a time there was a bunch of writers.

They proposed the idea of a 'civil war' and upon implementing it they decided to out-hype the competition by saying they would 'kill major charahcters'. Unfortunately they failed to live up to their statement and thus have to kill off the only 'charahcter' who apparently doesn't matter anymore .

Thus Cap dies.

Alfheim
Originally posted by grey fox
Once upon a time there was a bunch of writers.

They proposed the idea of a 'civil war' and upon implementing it they decided to out-hype the competition by saying they would 'kill major charahcters'. Unfortunately they failed to live up to their statement and thus have to kill off the only 'charahcter' who apparently doesn't matter anymore .

Thus Cap dies.

But Cap is still a popular character why would they kill him off? Writers are always killing off characters and bringing them back. Just because they said they going to kill somebody does not mean they are going to do it for real, they did the samething with Superman but he came back. They said they were going to replace Batman he came back.

What is your point? Cap dies because they writers said so? Ive just proved that doesnt always mean anything.

jasonk3
Oh yeah I think Spiderman and Superman have been killed and they have come back, but im in denial confused

Just because he will be killed does not mean marvel won't resurrect the character at some point.

Lucid Lui
What's the point you say...

It's killing off Captain America. It's in the real world news. It's going to attract alot of attention, and therefore, alot of sales.

That's the point.

We all know he'll be back, and with Brubaker in charge of the title, it's still going to be a damn good read.

So i don't mind it that much.

Oh, and this topic title needs spoiler warnings.

Alfheim
Just because he will be killed does not mean marvel won't resurrect the character at some point.

Yeah thats my point, and its most likely that somebody as established and as popular as Cap will come back.

Sorry looks like I didnt express myself properly. Im not denying that he cant die, im just saying if he does he will come back.

Originally posted by Lucid Lui

We all know he'll be back, and with Brubaker in charge of the title, it's still going to be a damn good read.

Exactly.

jasonk3
Yeah thats my point, and its most likely that somebody as established and as popular as Cap will come back.

Sorry looks like I didnt express myself properly. Im not denying that he cant die, im just saying if he does he will come back.

Exactly.

cool No problem, and I apologize if I came across as a Jerk... I just meant to say that like many comic book characters he may be killed but marvel will probably bring him back...guess there was just some miscommunication...but its all good smile

Alfheim
cool No problem, and I apologize if I came across as a Jerk... I just meant to say that like many comic book characters he may be killed but marvel will probably bring him back...guess there was just some miscommunication...but its all good smile

Hey man your not a jerk after all. *punches him* stick out tongue

jasonk3
Hey man your not a jerk after all. *punches him* stick out tongue

boxed..... laughing out loud

inamilist
Originally posted in that article
"What I found is that all the really hard-core left-wing fans want Cap to be standing out on and giving speeches on the streetcorner against the Bush administration, and all the really right-wing all want him to be over in the streets of Baghdad, punching out Saddam," Brubaker said.

That is certainly the impression I got from reading the civil war report thread..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
He'll be back

We all know he will

The real question is how?

My guess? Cosmic Cube

Soljer
Originally posted by Grimm22
He'll be back

We all know he will

The real question is how?

My guess? Cosmic Cube

Makes sense with the lead up of Cap titles....

But Bucky destroyed it, didn't he?

Rewmac
I suppose yeah. But they won't take out Cap from Marvel for a long time. He is the idol of the "Americal "dreamers"...He is classic.

Soljer
Originally posted by Rewmac
I suppose yeah. But they won't take out Cap from Marvel for a long time. He is the idol of the "Americal "dreamers"...He is classic.

No one stays dead for long.

But DC kept Superman dead for an entire year. I wonder if Marvel'll take that as precedent.

WrathfulDwarf
This is the way Marvel wants to salvage the CW.

roughrider
Hmmm...

Makes me think what the future is for the Ultimate Universe.
If Ultimate Cap somehow came over to 616 as a replacement...

Oooh, there will be some asses kicked around. Yep.

Anyway, I've been thinking - it's only four years until Marvel's 50th Anniversary. No way that happens without Steve standing there for it.

Maybe Superboy Prime escapes to the Marvel Universe, and punches reality until Steve comes back to life. stick out tongue CRISIS ON INFINITE MARVEL EARTHS!!!

Validus
Cap laughs at death.

pr1983
this is what worries me...

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer

But Bucky destroyed it, didn't he?

Bah cosmic cubes are always getting destroyed and being recreated.

TricksterPriest
jawdrop There is no god in Marvel............. mad2 I'm boycotting Marvel Earth for awhile. You don't kill a great man like Cap, what they should have done was shoot Sally and then that ***** shield director. Let Tony get mauled by Hulk. evil face

The damn cubes are a dime a dozen. Besides, if you really need a plot device, use the one who's in the arctic. Dr. Strange. stick out tongue I really REALLY hope they retcon this shit.......... *crosses fingers*

masterbruce
Captain America WILL NOT return, ever.

This isn't like Superman's death. Superman never really even died, he was just out of energy.

Captain America got shot in the head, there is no coming back from that.

He doesn't have super healing or some other gimmick that writers can use.

RIP Cap.

pr1983
the supersolider serum could easily have some sort of regenerative side-effect... i woudlnt be surprised if he was back soon enough...

masterbruce
Originally posted by pr1983
the supersolider serum could easily have some sort of regenerative side-effect... i woudlnt be surprised if he was back soon enough...

it cannot regenerate from Death

Marvel has already made Wolverine a demigod by making his HF crazy

they're not going to dilute Logan's importance by making Captain America a super healer as well

Cap is gone forever

pr1983
Originally posted by masterbruce

they're not going to dilute Logan's importance by making Captain America a super healer as well

Cap is gone forever

thats awful cynical imo...

masterbruce
thats awful cynical imo...

its a realist perspective

what's gonna prob happen is someone will take the mantle of Captain America

they'll prob have a new costume and everything and be the Captain America of a new generation

also, I think outside of KMC, Captain America isn't as popular so the writers prob thought he was expendable to gain buzz for the comics

pr1983
its a realist perspective

what's gonna prob happen is someone will take the mantle of Captain America

they'll prob have a new costume and everything and be the Captain America of a new generation

also, I think outside of KMC, Captain America isn't as popular so the writers prob thought he was expendable to gain buzz for the comics

i didnt even like captain america until civil war, and i think he gained alot of new fans...

how is it realistic? this is comics, they've killed heroes before, only to have them resurrected afterwards...

they might have a new guy as cap, but i don't think it'll last that long, steve i think will always be captain america to alot of people...

masterbruce
i didnt even like captain america until civil war, and i think he gained alot of new fans...

how is it realistic? this is comics, they've killed heroes before, only to have them resurrected afterwards...

they might have a new guy as cap, but i don't think it'll last that long, steve i think will always be captain america to alot of people...

usually ppl who come back either die in an explosion or some other mysterious event that leaves their existence in a question mark.

Cap's brains got blown out...it's not like he died of blood loss or some bodily injury...thus his very essence has died.

I think the writers deliberately chose to kill him with a headshot...its much more gruesome a death than if someone shot him in the heart even. The writers chose the headshot to represent the finality of cap's death.

thats my opinion.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Validus
Cap laughs at death.

Cap is the employer of Death big grin

pr1983
usually ppl who come back either die in an explosion or some other mysterious event that leaves their existence in a question mark.

Cap's brains got blown out...it's not like he died of blood loss or some bodily injury...thus his very essence has died.

I think the writers deliberately chose to kill him with a headshot...its much more gruesome a death than if someone shot him in the heart even. The writers chose the headshot to represent the finality of cap's death.

thats my opinion.

i can understand that, but we've seen gwen stacy die, and didnt she come back? hawkeye too... most of the x-men have died at least once...

i just dont see it as being as final as you do...

Black Adam
It was a Lmd/ fake out.

I just spoiled a story from a year from now. Seriously How can anyone at this point still believe death is permanent in Marvel or DC?

Priest
Why couldent they kill Woverine instead of Captain America?
shifty

roughrider

Cap is gone forever

Marvel 'kills' Cap while they're preparing to make a new big-screen movie for him?
I don't think so.
I didn't fall for it when DC claimed they were going to kill Superman, either.
Wait and watch...

masterbruce
Originally posted by roughrider
Marvel 'kills' Cap while they're preparing to make a new big-screen movie for him?
I don't think so.
I didn't fall for it when DC claimed they were going to kill Superman, either.
Wait and watch...

Superman IS DC.

Captain America is much less important to Marvel. He's behind Spiderman, Wolverine and Fantastic Four on the totem pole.

Sorry, but Cap is gone....forever.

pr1983
Originally posted by Priest
Why couldent they kill Woverine instead of Captain America?
shifty

i know... sad

Superman IS DC.

Captain America is much less important to Marvel. He's behind Spiderman, Wolverine and Fantastic Four on the totem pole.

i still don't buy it... cap is iconic...

Priest
i know... sad
ah dont worry about, he'll be back.
i wondering wat the hell is Thor gonna say when he returns and Caps no where to be found. erm

roughrider
Superman IS DC.

When I saw Jason Todd walking around in the DC Universe again (after all the hand-wringing about his death in 1988), thanks to Superboy Prime punching reality walls roll eyes (sarcastic) ...
...then Bucky turns out to be Winter Soldier, after decades of death...

Nothing is truly permanent, my friend.

Newjak
i wondering wat the hell is Thor gonna say when he returns and Caps no where to be found. erm Talk about ramifications

Thor comes back looking to talk to his good friend and Steve is dead because the mortals allowed things to go bad.

It could be King Thor all over again.

Either that or Odin would ressurect him stick out tongue

Validus
LOL @ anyone thinking this death is even semi-permanent laughing out loud

This isn't even the first time Cap has died.

pr1983
i wondering wat the hell is Thor gonna say when he returns and Caps no where to be found. erm

lol, not that, i was sad that they hadnt done in logan rather than cap...

i can't see cap staying dead for too long...

jgiant
No way he will stay dead. I beat he will punch outta his casket or somethin, or they will bring him back with science or clone him or somethin. This will be a moment in comic history that will be forgotten i think, like when Punisher was a demon killer. Let us never speak of it again.

Priest
lol, not that, i was sad that they hadnt done in logan rather than cap...
laughing out loud

i can't see cap staying dead for too long...
yep, he's deffinalty gonna be back sooner or later.

Black Adam
Originally posted by jgiant
This will be a moment in comic history that will be forgotten i think, like when Punisher was a demon killer. Let us never speak of it again.

I forgot about that....but then you spoke of it again mad

pr1983
laughing out loud

yep, he's deffinalty gonna be back sooner or later.

yeah, i agree, he can't stay dead for too long...

Newjak
I'm telling you Odin will ressurect him stick out tongue

jgiant
Originally posted by Black Adam
I forgot about that....but then you spoke of it again mad Yeah, sorry bout that.

Priest
Originally posted by Newjak
NO HE WONT! mad

wait, .....Cap is worthy enough to hold the mjnior
shifty

Soljer
Head shot? Wasn't he sniped in the shoulder, and shot three times in the gut?

Regardless, he'll be back. It'll be a LMD, or a clone, or a hologram, or....etc.

Death is never permanent in comics. Hell, even Jason Todd made it back.

Soljer

Hmmm...maybe when Thor returns....

Oh yeah, he won't have the Odin power. The guy writing him is TOTALLY ignoring the events of ragnarok...

Great.

Validus
Saw this on Newsarama and got a pretty good chuckle from it. You should all get the reference.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/Frost327/cyborgcap.jpg

Soljer
Saw this on Newsarama and got a pretty good chuckle from it. You should all get the reference.

laughing

Evil_Ash

I'll be back.

Priest

Capt-Borg laughing out loud

LORDSIDIOUS01
Marvel has killed one of their beloved and iconic characters. Thats said. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow returns.

King_Mungi
He's not dead. as stated in the Initiative he is in the Raft and people are saving his life. Ms. Marvel told Spider-Woman this.

Validus
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He's not dead. as stated in the Initiative he is in the Raft and people are saving his life. Ms. Marvel told Spider-Woman this.
I believe that takes place before the official "He's dead" announcement.

King_Mungi
Don't think so, SPider-Woman believed he was actually killed and they had an arguement about if he is dead or not and that they are helping him in the Raft.

Validus
Don't think so, SPider-Woman believed he was actually killed and they had an arguement about if he is dead or not and that they are helping him in the Raft.
Spider-Woman don't know shit.

Grimm22

Good god, first we get Clor

Now we have Cy-Cap laughing

Grimm22
Nah, he's dead

But he'll be back by the end of 2009

My guess is Red Skull is going to bring him back with the cosmic cube. Why? I donno, its just a guess

King_Mungi
Spider-Woman don't know shit.

Of course, that's why she was directly told he was not dead. Mrs.Marvel tells her that.

Validus
Of course, that's why she was directly told he was not dead. Mrs.Marvel tells her that.
Ms. Marvel was drunk when she told her that.

Seriously though, I haven't even bothered to read these books myself but why would Marvel parade it all over mainstream news outlets if Cap wasn't in fact dead at present time? I just read over all Newsarama that the next issue involves his autopsy.

"V"
Originally posted by Grimm22
Good god, first we get Clor

Now we have Cy-Cap laughing

Nah man, Cy-Cap's too long..

Now we have the Clap embarrasment bwaha.. STD's FTW.

King_Mungi
Ms. Marvel was drunk when she told her that.

Seriously though, I haven't even bothered to read these books myself but why would Marvel parade it all over mainstream news outlets if Cap wasn't in fact dead at present time? I just read over all Newsarama that the next issue involves his autopsy.

Ms.Marvel said they hid him secretly in the Raft and are helping him, and SPider-Woman is shocked and asks how is it even possible he is even still alive? then Ms.Marvel she doesn't know how the super solider serum works, but he's alive.

Validus

King_Mungi
Ta da...so back to meh!

Newjak
Seriously though even though he will most likely come back if he dies by being shot that isn't right.

The guy has dodged more bullets then a small Aferican Warlord's army has. The guy basically smells the residue of guns miles away.

Him being killed by a gun shot wound is like Superman clinching his chest and dieing from a heart attack it just doesn't happen that way.

Validus
Him being killed by a gun shot wound is like Superman clinching his chest and dieing from a heart attack it just doesn't happen that way.
Actually based on how often Cap has "dodged" gunfire, it'd be more like Superman dying from K-nite poisoning.

Newjak
Actually based on how often Cap has "dodged" gunfire, it'd be more like Superman dying from K-nite poisoning. Yeah that is a better analogy stick out tongue

LORDSIDIOUS01
I will get both books and judge for myself.

Flame On!!
Steve Rogers will be back, they even brought back Bucky. Might take a couple of years, but...... It's inevitable

- Flame On!!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider
When I saw Jason Todd walking around in the DC Universe again (after all the hand-wringing about his death in 1988), thanks to Superboy Prime punching reality walls roll eyes (sarcastic) ...
...then Bucky turns out to be Winter Soldier, after decades of death...

Nothing is truly permanent, my friend.

Gwen Stacy? Captain DeWolff? Bruce Wayne's Parents? Uncle Ben? stick out tongue

Validus
Don't forget Aunt May or did she just die again?

WrathfulDwarf
Aunt May is Cosmic God in disguise...she can't die. wink

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Gwen Stacy? Captain DeWolff? Bruce Wayne's Parents? Uncle Ben? stick out tongue

I was going to say, if Uncle Ben ever came back from the dead, I would quit being a Spidey fan.

Gwen Stacy - they've cheated a little bit, with those clones of her that walked around.

And Bruce's parents were dead before the first comic came out.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Aunt May is Cosmic God in disguise...she can't die. wink

Agreed, no matter how many heart attacks and strokes she has had over the years. I have a question has anyone ever counted this up!!

-FO!!

SpunkySmurph
When exactly did Captain America #25 take place?

Because... it seemed like the scene in it was right after Cap's arrest (obviously I could be wrong), but CW: Frontline #11 showed him already behind bars.

jumpmann
There's really no story if those brought those characters back in any event. Stacy was replaced by MJ, Aunt May is the only family Spidey ever needs, and would be blasphemous to bring back Bruce's parents.

manjaro
i saw the same story on my bellsouth homepage and in it it says he definatley dies... no just got critically wounded, or fake his death to gt out of the spotlight nonsense. however you know its a gimmick on marvel's part, cuz they are never gonna give cap the barry allen or mar-vell tratment and make sure he stays dead..

the all importnat question is how they are gonna bring him back cloning? plucking younger version from time stream? have the FF go to "heaven" again and have "god" return his soul to earth

long pig
He wasn't in on it? They didn't even tell him first??

That's ****ed up, dude.

alra121
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
When exactly did Captain America #25 take place?

Because... it seemed like the scene in it was right after Cap's arrest (obviously I could be wrong), but CW: Frontline #11 showed him already behind bars.

It takes place a few weeks after his arrest.

The Red Skull mentions that it took time to pull some strings to arrange the hearing in the courtroom or something to that affect.

Superguy
Originally posted by manjaro
i saw the same story on my bellsouth homepage and in it it says he definatley dies... no just got critically wounded, or fake his death to gt out of the spotlight nonsense. however you know its a gimmick on marvel's part, cuz they are never gonna give cap the barry allen or mar-vell tratment and make sure he stays dead..

the all importnat question is how they are gonna bring him back cloning? plucking younger version from time stream? have the FF go to "heaven" again and have "god" return his soul to earth Um... Mar-Vell's back... sad

Dreampanther
I am really, REALLY NOT HAPPY about this. mad mad mad mad mad miffed miffed miffed miffed miffed

Symmetric Chaos
This just came up on the ColbertReport

Grimm22
Actually based on how often Cap has "dodged" gunfire, it'd be more like Superman dying from K-nite poisoning.

Thats kind of the point of why Crossbones was aiming for the police officer and not Cap himself

Cap could have easily gotten out of the way in time, but while he was handcuffed he couldn't save the officer without sacrificing himself in a sense

jasonk3
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This just came up on the ColbertReport

So Alberto Gonzalez is the new Captain America and his arch nemesis...Habaes Corpus ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.