Assassin's Creed [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Koala MeatPie
(Due to server load search cancelled bla bla bla)

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

WOAH.

The Graphics, they gameplay, the Everything, VERY intressting,(Note: I had trouble watching the movies from the site itself, downlaod them to your computer)

It sounds like Ubi's Hitman Series, Just without any restrictions, MUCH more freedom and lot more content AI and such and such.

Cerberus
Kewl...

SnakeEyes
I'd be interested if it was for something other than PS3 (only).

Koala MeatPie
It's Ubisoft, it's in montreal, I KNOW them (Personally), its not only going to be for PS3, it will also be for PC like a month after the release.

They are saying PS3 because it will not be for PS2, also because its PS3, and are advertising FOR the PS3 saying that "This 'kick ass game' will be available for PS3"

Its different, hope you understand.

Koala MeatPie
Oops, real offisicial Website and not a Mirrior

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/

MadMel
lol....i saw the vids for this..its asmazin..

Darth_Hexus
we'll use this thread to countdown the amazing arrival of this perfect game, what are your thoughts.

oh and when it does happen to come out we'll discuss here too. smokin' begin discussion

RedAlertv2
Looks amazing. Too bad I will most likely never buy a PS3

AstroFan
Perfect? Its not even out. erm

Smasandian
Exactly.

Also, there's rumors abound about the exclusivity of this game.

Has anybody actually seen realtime game videos of this game or just trailers?

I just checked gamespot, and they dont have any actual gameplay footage of the game, so nonbody knows if it will be good or not.

Darth_Hexus
i've read a few articles on this game, seen some teaser posters and thats about it...

and its rumored to be coming out for 360 and Wii but i don't know how true that is

Smasandian
I'm pretty sure it's going to come out on the 360 sooner or later.

With higher developing costs for videogames, most companies with original franchises will want to sell it on more than one console.

MadMel
theres already a thread for this game..

LinixCobra

Phat J
Originally posted by LinixCobra

- You have to build a reputation with the crowd around you. Each person in the crowd that surrounds you has individual Artificial Intelligence, something not possible without the power of the PlayStation 3.

so what, that aspect of the game isnt going to be in the pc or xbox version?

Magee
No cause x-box sucks. stick out tongue

LinixCobra
Thats exactly what I thought of... they are basically saying the best version will be on PS3 because supposedly PS3 is capable of having better AI.

Burning thought
there is nothing a console version can best in a PC version, the PC evolves faster than any other machine and is always changing...however i dont kno bout the Xbox sad

SaTsuJiN
lol.. that whole "can only be experienced with the power of (random system name)" is such crap

programming is programming... you either can or cant do it

I am very much looking forward to this game though.. its quite unconventional

Magee
So this game would be the same on ps1 as on ps3? big grin

InnerRise
Originally posted by Magee
So this game would be the same on ps1 as on ps3? big grin no expression

I am looking forward to this game as well. I loved the Prince of Persia Series.

anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Lana
Merged threads, as there was a couple others already.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol.. that whole "can only be experienced with the power of (random system name)" is such crap

programming is programming... you either can or cant do it

I am very much looking forward to this game though.. its quite unconventional

Dude, what your saying right now IS a total pile of crap. I advice you to read up on PS3's Cell Proccesor info.

I think this game is a very crucial step for the PS3, as it will start to show PS3's possibilites. It is also announced that the PS3 will look and proccess better for the PS3 then the Xbox 360. Kinda of like the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has better graphics and quality then the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The graphics are smoother and stuff.

Phat J
im sure the 360 can do it, the consoles arent that much different.

LinixCobra
Why do people insist this game will come out in August when on the Ubisoft website there is no information on it.

Spidervlad
Originally posted by Phat J
im sure the 360 can do it, the consoles arent that much different.

Wrong.

Originally posted by LinixCobra
Why do people insist this game will come out in August when on the Ubisoft website there is no information on it.

Because most websites that offer it for preorder say it's going to come out on August. The website states it's going to be in 2/4 of 3/4 of 2007.

LinixCobra
For the record I go by what the company says and not what some game site says because I notice they happen to change dates (its just me)...

As for the AI being better than XBOX360.... there both the same. The only difference is that by having 1 cell processor which is equal to 8 CPUs on the PS3, they can pipe seperate coding to 8 different CPUs for a specific type of job... XBOX360 has 3 CPUs and they havent been able to utilize all 3 cores.

Gears of War only takes up about 1 core and maybe a bit of the 2nd. In general nobody in the software industry knows how to utilize more than 1 core, ask any PC expert. They may tell you "yes having 2 CPUs is better because you can run a program on 1 and use the other core for something else" yet the only thing that can run on the other core is probably minor system processing.

I have yet to see a program that shines above all else using more than 1 CPU on a dual core system. So with that in mind why would it be better than the other system?

If they have found a way to utilize something close to 8 cores (maybe not all of them) on the PS3 why couldnt they do something similar on the xbox360. Heck... Elder Scrolls 4 was amazing and has AI that is total random at times.

WrathfulDwarf
Enjoy the New Trailer!

igMuNjwCsvQ

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Spidervlad
Dude, what your saying right now IS a total pile of crap. I advice you to read up on PS3's Cell Proccesor info.

I think this game is a very crucial step for the PS3, as it will start to show PS3's possibilites. It is also announced that the PS3 will look and proccess better for the PS3 then the Xbox 360. Kinda of like the PS3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has better graphics and quality then the Xbox 360 version of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The graphics are smoother and stuff.

oh well.. if it has you sold I guess their press agent has done their job

cha-ching~ $$$$$$$$

every developer thus far has complained about the difficulty of developing for Ps3, which tells me that there will be few games tapping its full potential

and sorry but 1 botched port doesnt have me running to buy a Ps3 smile

I play elderscrolls on PC

AI isnt as advanced in gaming as you'd like to think.. theres still too many "If" "Then" statements for the AI to efficiently think for itself

so when I see the "zomg cell CPU AI genius!!" in action.. I'll make my final decision.. right now I'm certainly not expecting much

Smasandian
Looks awesome.

3 cores is perfectly fine for a game nowadays. Especially console.

Are you going to expect the AI to be better for the PS3 because of how many cores it has. Nope, they're not going to make the extra effort and something that takes a ****long time to developer (AI).

Phat J
so no release date then?

kamikz
Release date has been announced.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/794/794743p1.html

November 2007.

Mišt
Cant wait for this, is it on PC too?

MadMel
i think it still is big grin
if so im definatly getting it, along with spore evil face

WrathfulDwarf
From the 360 E3 show:

rezoykrlLS8

Morridini
Looks good but a bit buggy. Look at the vases that some citizens were dropping, they were floating down and then simply disappearing. But they have still got 3 and a half month left to perfect it.

Tattoo
Originally posted by Morridini
Looks good but a bit buggy. Look at the vases that some citizens were dropping, they were floating down and then simply disappearing. But they have still got 3 and a half month left to perfect it.

Also that one person he killed ended up floating in mid-air.

I am confident they will work out the bugs.

Morridini
Ah that's right too, probably more bugs if you go through the trailer over and over again.

But WD, I didn't watch the link earlier because I saw it in the MS conference, but you only have the first half, not the whole demonstration.

Morridini
Darn E3, was about to go log off and go to bed when suddenly Assassin's Creed is up next on Gamespot's live coverage.

InnerRise
Well those are very small bugs that aren't huge issues and will most definitely be fixed in all due time and the Floating in Mid Air Man has been fixed already.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Superboy Prime
The game has so much promise.

Mišt
Cant wait for this game, everything looks so freakin' sweet. Love it when he shoves that beggar chick and she goes flying, owned. I dread the system requirements...

Morridini
Aparently the science-fiction thing is not time travels, anyone got any theories?

the_satan32

Morridini
Well it's from Wikipedia and all official AC people and sites still keep it secret, so I'll take that info with a grain of salt, considering it's almost one year old.

Morridini
Originally posted by Morridini
Darn E3, was about to go log off and go to bed when suddenly Assassin's Creed is up next on Gamespot's live coverage.

And here it is: http://www.gamespot.com/video/0/6174521/videoplayerpop?rgroup=e32007_live

I really liked the interview when I watched it last night, lots of gameplay footage.

Phat J
ballin

xNIXSONx
this game looks absolutely incredible, watched the e3 demo, AMAZING

Smasandian
Watched the 1up show and they were kinda on the fence for this game. They played the demo and were talking about how complex the controls were and the gameplay isnt as smooth as the trailer looks to be.

They werent totally impressed.

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Smasandian
Watched the 1up show and they were kinda on the fence for this game. They played the demo and were talking about how complex the controls were and the gameplay isnt as smooth as the trailer looks to be.

They werent totally impressed.

it won so much Best of Shows for this years E3 though, including best of PS3, best looking and etc. even won viewers best of show from g4techtv's attack of the show

Smasandian
I didnt know that, I'm just going on what they said.

Gamespot, IGN, 1up and Joystiq havnt handed out their awards yet, so I wouldnt know.

I'm still exicted about the game, but I'm not going to write it off as an sure thing, or classic for that matter.

xNIXSONx
i just wikied it, but i know for a fact it won viewers voted best of show on Attack of the Show.

Morridini
Being voted best of PS3 doesn't really say much at all though....

But considering they have 3 months left I think they can iron out the flaws we see in the gameplay Smasandian.

Smasandian
This is just what I heared.

Being voted viewes choice means nothing either. They havnt played the game yet, how would they know it was good or not.

InnerRise
Well a live demo was played in front of them. That's pretty much all they have to go off. It was rather impressive in my opinion.

brainchild81
I loved POPersia & the same guys are making it. It'd be a must have if money grew on trees & I owned the mega expensive PS3

Smasandian
Originally posted by InnerRise
Well a live demo was played in front of them. That's pretty much all they have to go off. It was rather impressive in my opinion.

True. It probalby was impressive, and its probably going to be a fun game.

But E3 is an industry event, no public was allowed and I'm pretty sure it was heavily enforced. Joystiq had an article that all passes were photo ID.

The general public didnt play the game, and only saw gameplay videos, thats not really an indication that the game is amazing.

The only complaint that the guys at 1up had about the game was that the videos were the same videos they've already seen and that the demo showed the gameplay vidoes are not an indication of the gameplay.

IceJaw
Originally posted by brainchild81
It'd be a must have if money grew on trees & I owned the mega expensive PS3 Buy a 360 then.

brainchild81
Oh Shit! Just watched some E3 footage & you're right. It is going to be on 360.(GTA 4 too) I might just have to get one

InnerRise
True. It probalby was impressive, and its probably going to be a fun game.

But E3 is an industry event, no public was allowed and I'm pretty sure it was heavily enforced. Joystiq had an article that all passes were photo ID.

The general public didnt play the game, and only saw gameplay videos, thats not really an indication that the game is amazing.

The only complaint that the guys at 1up had about the game was that the videos were the same videos they've already seen and that the demo showed the gameplay vidoes are not an indication of the gameplay. Well the live demo was new to everyone else. I mean, it was live, it wasn't some copy of an old demo.

Mairuzu
Oh man, i just wanna gank someone

SaTsuJiN
Templar Trailer - http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25538.html

Morridini
Saw that one a few days ago.

Even tho it doesn't show any gameplay, I like it. Fun teaser.

WrathfulDwarf
Feast your eyes on the Collectors set!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/10/10/assassins-creed-collectors-set-is-super-sexy/

Sweeeeet.....

Lana
Wow.

I really want this game...

Morridini
I really want it too, please please don't be a flop.

Any words on what else the CE have other then a figurine?

Phat J
why would you put a figurine in there, that makes me not want it.

General Kaliero
The collector's edition almost makes me want to just go ahead and buy a damn 360.

The PC version being delayed does NOT help. ermm

It's practically the successor to the Prince of Persia trilogy, I need this game.

Lana
Originally posted by Phat J
why would you put a figurine in there, that makes me not want it.

So then buy the regular version...

Originally posted by General Kaliero
The collector's edition almost makes me want to just go ahead and buy a damn 360.

The PC version being delayed does NOT help. ermm

It's practically the successor to the Prince of Persia trilogy, I need this game.

Same here, on all counts.

Morridini
Bunch of new video updates today.

Ok this dev Diary is actually a week old: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26024.html

However, these are all added the 12th of October:

Massive Montage: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26308.html

Montferrat Part 1: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26310.html
Montferrat Part 2: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26312.html
Montferrat Part 3: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26314.html

Only seen the Dev diary so far, but I guess the threeparter is a mission preview or something.

Morridini
Silly 15 min edit rule...

Anyhow, watched them all now.
Must say that the AI still troubles me, I hope they really dumbed it down for that preview. Some of those guards actually stood 15 centimeters from Altairs back with their swords raised for like 20 seconds while Altair was busy with someone else, I hope they are smart enough to attack by release.

WrathfulDwarf
Those videos make feel good that I pre-order my copy.

BackFire
I'm calling it early, this game's going to disappoint.

Just a feeling I have.

Hope I'm wrong, because I'm going to be getting it.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm calling it early, this game's going to disappoint.

Just a feeling I have.

Boooo!!!!! Hisss!!!! Foul!!!!

Blasphemer or Prophet? hm

I love it when you call it early.

BackFire
I know you do. Kinda hurts the surprise, though.

Hehehehe

WrathfulDwarf
Oh, you little devil, you....

Morridini
So, one week left for USAsians, and about one week and 3 days for the rest of us. Anyone picking it up right away? Or are you gonna wait for reviews?

InnerRise
Picking it up right away.

Of course reviews will come out more than likely before the game actually comes out so I'll probably read some reviews before I actually pick it up anyway.

Smasandian
It looks very interseting but I'm not buying unless the reviews are very good.

I read the preview from EGM and they have some problems with the game. More importantly the controls, and a fear that the game will get stale.

General Kaliero
Holy crap, already a single week away? I don't even have a bloody 360 yet! ermm

Morridini
It looks very interseting but I'm not buying unless the reviews are very good.

I read the preview from EGM and they have some problems with the game. More importantly the controls, and a fear that the game will get stale.

Di they test the PS3 or 360 version?
I read a GameSpot hands on on the 360 not so long ago, and to me it didn't look like they had any problems.

Holy crap, already a single week away? I don't even have a bloody 360 yet! ermm

Go, go, go get it!!!

Smasandian
I have no idea.

I assume both versions are identical.

They just said they had some worriesomes.

They talk about how each limb of the character has an corresponding mapped button and that was decision to make the player to be immersed in the experience and eas to remember, but the had qualms with it because they've noticed that some actions requires holding down numerous buttons and that the character on the screen wasnt obeying some of the commands.

They gave an example on how to bound building to building which requires holding to the RT button, A button and using the analog stick to move and jump. Also, they gave an example on how if you miss the jump, unlike some games on where the character automatically grabs the cliff, you have to hit the B button to grab the cliff while your falling.

Overall, they didnt know what to make of the game until the play it. I also feel the same way. If what they said is true, it seems to be a very complex game that doesnt look alot of fun. One thing I hate is very complex controls for no reason.

They could be wrong, but I'm going to wait until the reviews.

Morridini
Also, they gave an example on how if you miss the jump, unlike some games on where the character automatically grabs the cliff, you have to hit the B button to grab the cliff while your falling.

Well that one sounds fantastic, now you have to pay for your mistakes.

What I am more worried about then the controls are the AI. Even in the latest AC videoes the AIs have been morons, they should up their intelligence by 1000 times or more before release.

Smasandian
I dont agree with that, the controls shouldnt be the reason you die and hitting B to grab on the ledge is clunky.

General Kaliero
I dont agree with that, the controls shouldnt be the reason you die and hitting B to grab on the ledge is clunky.

He said, having not even touched the controls yet... ermm

Three buttons at once is insanely complex? Shadow of the Colussus had a grab button as well, and a run button, and a jump button, and a running jump off a ledge to grab onto a handhold worked just fine there.

Morridini

The controls wouldn't be the reason you would die, the reason you would die wold be because you were too slow to grab the ledge, which just adds another bit of realism to the gaming world. If you want to hold on to something and not die, you have to do the act of grabbing.

Hidden Lotus
cant wait to buy this....

EDIT: get my 360 this weekend woot

Morridini
New Dev diary:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27509.html

Smasandian
He said, having not even touched the controls yet... ermm

Three buttons at once is insanely complex? Shadow of the Colussus had a grab button as well, and a run button, and a jump button, and a running jump off a ledge to grab onto a handhold worked just fine there.

Your right I havnt tried it yet, so I'm just speculating.

I wouldnt know if the controls are complex or not because I havnt played the game, I'm just saying that EGM had some worries about the game, they werent entirely thrilled with the demo they played and the problems were with they thought as complex controls, gameplay that could be stale after awhile, and the combat, which they thought wasnt that fun.

Morridini
The dev diary btw speaks somewhat about the control-scheme, if only for half a minute.

Smasandian
Yeah.

We'll see when the game comes out.

Too bad there isnt a demo because its not really a buy for me.

Morridini
Pretty weird indeed, multi-platform games usually end up with demoes before release.

WrathfulDwarf
First Review!

http://gameinformer.com/Games/Review/200712/R07.1106.0938.00452.htm

Morridini
I'm embarrassed by myself, I spent like 2 min trying to see the score...
But let's hope this keeps up.

Smasandian
Interesting.

InnerRise
Makes me all the more excited to own this game.

H. S. 6
Cannot wait to play this.

Morridini
Yeah just one review is enough to make me not wanna wait one whole more week.

General Kaliero
9.5, very nice. Need 360, damnit.

I'm getting the feeling that this will be a game I would play long after completing the story, just for the sheer freedom of flying about the environment.

Morridini
I wonder, has anyone said if we can be bad if we want to? Can we kill innocents just out of evilness? Always fun sometimes to go all nuts when you are bored, ie like in GTA.

General Kaliero
You are able to kill innocents, but you run the risk of people forming a mob and stoning you to death. And enough innocents dead will bring the city guard down on you.

Morridini
Yeah I am aware that it wouldn't be a wise thing to do, but I am glad that if I just wanted to go nuts and not save my progress I could go on an all out rampage.

InnerRise
Unless it saves your progress automatically at check points.....then you'd just have to make sure to stay within a specific area/location and not pass any check points.

WrathfulDwarf
If this game comes with Stealth attacks....I'm going to love it!

(Splinter Cell: The Crusades Mission) stick out tongue

General Kaliero
Well, the game is Assassin's Creed, WD. stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
If this game comes with Stealth attacks....I'm going to love it!

(Splinter Cell: The Crusades Mission) stick out tongue By the looks of the Playthroughs....it looks to have Stealth Kills. tongue

General Kaliero
Oh, by the way, an amendment to my earlier statement: Apparently, aside from the mob effect killing an innocent takes away a 3rd or your HP. Sorry, Morridini.

General Kaliero
Sorry for the double post, but...

Gamepro and GamesRadar reviews are in. They both gave Assassin's Creed a perfect score! eek!

So far everyone has praised the game's unique controls.

Morridini
Awwwwww, to the loose HP part.

Yaaaaaaay, to the good reviews.

Morridini
Oh yes, just thought of something. When we start to talk about the plot can we keep the spoiler tags for a while? I have heard that the sci-fi twist will be revealed at the very beginning of the game, but I don't want it spoiled.

What is the normal policy for newly released games and spoilers? How old must a game be before spoilers are no longer needed for talk about plot?

EDIT: Found out that gametrailers added an Assassin's Creed launch section, with lots of videoes and interviews: http://www.gametrailers.com/assassinscreedlaunch.php

WrathfulDwarf
Well, the game is Assassin's Creed, WD. stick out tongue

By the looks of the Playthroughs....it looks to have Stealth Kills. tongue

Don't forget is brought to you by Ubisoft...the same ones that brought us PoP and Splinter Cell.

Ooohhh!!!!

InnerRise
Yeah, I think I kind of have an idea, a faint one, but an idea nonetheless as to what the big twist may be in the very beginning and some background on what's really going on.

The guy in the review said he didn't want to spoil it, but perhaps he said a little too much anyway, b/c I wouldn't even be thinking what I'm thinking if he hadn't said anything.

uhuh

Too what extent this idea of mine takes place in the game, I'm not sure, but here's hoping it's a big piece of the puzzle.

H. S. 6
I'm thinking something along the lines of not actually being in 1191, but instead you are partaking in something like virtual reality, a la Matrix.

General Kaliero
It's not virtual reality per se.

The near-future character is in a lab where they are unlocking his "genetic memory," as Altair was his distant ancestor. So Altair's bit is the main story, and the lab bit is a secondary story of how we're getting the main story.

Spidervlad
I can't wait to get this game...

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'm thinking something along the lines of not actually being in 1191, but instead you are partaking in something like virtual reality, a la Matrix.

That would put a weird twist to it. stick out tongue

BackFire
I think the main character's actually a ghost.

Oh man, that's so original!

WrathfulDwarf
An avenging ghost...Oh! I put my own twist.

General Kaliero
zOMG, gaiz! Now you've totally ruined the game for me! I'm never playing it and I hate you all.

wink

H. S. 6
It's not virtual reality per se.

The near-future character is in a lab where they are unlocking his "genetic memory," as Altair was his distant ancestor. So Altair's bit is the main story, and the lab bit is a secondary story of how we're getting the main story.

That sounds right.

Phat J
whats going to be in the limited edition package?

General Kaliero
Collector's tin, 3-inch Altair figure, and a bonus DVD, isn't it?

Morridini
Something like that yes.

Hidden Lotus
got my 360 todaywoot

WrathfulDwarf
Does anyone know if the PS3 also gets a limited edition like the 360?

(not poking fun at the PS3)

I'm asking becuase this was suppose to be an exclusive.

Lana
Yep, there's a PS3 limited edition.

WrathfulDwarf
See, that's really good. All multiplatformers should come with limited edition. It's nothing special but it's good.

BackFire
Reviews are rolling in for this game.

Gametrailers gave it a 91, 1UP, on the other hand, gave it a 7 out of 10.

While the scores are very different, they both had the same complaints -- Nasty repetition in objectives, bad combat, and poor AI.

Still, just watching the game in action during Gametrailer's video review is enough, it looks quite good, worthy of playing, at least.

AstroFan
Gametrailers review actually put me off quite a bit, the way the AI acts is just stupid, for a game of this nature you would figure that would be something they needed to nail. erm

I may pick this up after the new year, but im not rushing anymore.

It wasnt even the actual review that put me off, its just the video, the reviewer loved it. Just when they pointed out how stupid the AI was, it really let me down. They point out how intense the escapes are, but whats the point in running, just stop and slaughter the brain dead zombies. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morridini
Yeah the AI seems to be the way it has always been, disappointing.

However I am still getting this at the Norwegian release.

InnerRise
I'll get it later this week or next week hopefully.

I wouldn't mind getting it today but there's like a 7% chance of that happening.

AstroFan
IGN called it one fo the biggest disappointments in recent memory, ouch! ermm

They gave it 7.7

FistOfThe North
Damn, i just found out A.C. came out today. Thought it was tomorrow.

Damn had i known i would've picked it during lunch. O well ill pick it up after work.

And i didn't even beat C.O.D.4 yet. Nice. I like having more than one cool game around that i haven't beaten.

But anyway this game is going to raise the video game bar. I think it'll graphically top "Gears of war" and top "Bioshock" storywise. I definitely going to contend for the game of the year award.

And that it doesn't have multiplayer or online capabilities makes it all the more better since those features lessen the quality of alot of games.

Israel, in the year 1191, here i come! (in silence)

Lana
Today's the ship date for it, most places will not have it until tomorrow.

InnerRise
I'm going out to get this game ahora mismo!

YAY for 7%!

w00t

General Kaliero
I want to get it tomorrow... but then again, I won't have my 360 yet... so... ermm

WrathfulDwarf
Most of the low score reviews make referrences to repetitive gameplay. Okay, so by that logic FPS should not get high scores...because you're repeating the same thing....shooting at things.

H. S. 6
I went to pick this game up today, and everyone told me they'd have it tomorrow.

Rats.

AstroFan
Im surprised by how mixed the reviews are, its rare to see a game get so many "greats" and so many "mehs" at the same time. lol

General Kaliero
Seems you either love it or "meh" it. ermm

I know I'll love it no matter the reviews. It's Prince of Persia on crack, and PoP is one of my favorite series.

Lana
Seems you either love it or "meh" it. ermm

I know I'll love it no matter the reviews. It's Prince of Persia on crack, and PoP is one of my favorite series.

Same here.

WrathfulDwarf
It's more like PoP on stealth not crack. stick out tongue

Lana
PoP has quite a lot of stealth in it stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
It did? I only was into Sands of Time (which is one of my all time favorites)

General Kaliero
Sands of Time was superb, but I think The Two Thrones was superior. And T2T was the one with stealth. To the point that it's possible to Stealth Kill more than twice the amount of enemies that you've fought in a playthrough.

Quietly ignoring Warrior Within...

InnerRise
I actually liked...no loved the whole "TIME TRAVELING/PARADOX" storyline of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I'm a whore for that kind of stuff. That made.....saved....the game for me.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm on my way to getting the game. happy

General Kaliero
I actually liked...no loved the whole "TIME TRAVELING/PARADOX" storyline of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

I'm a whore for that kind of stuff. That made.....saved....the game for me.

Oh, no no no. Got me all wrong. The time travel was great, and the story, in all fairness, was pretty good. The entire game, including the puzzles and the fighting, was a big step up from Sands. It's just that the Prince's attitude change, while completely justified by the years of running from the Dahaka, ruined the game for me. Also the change of soundtrack and the decidedly "immaturely-mature" turn of gratuitous violence and skimpy outfits.

I'm not saying it's a bad game, just bad compared to the other two. Which, considering the quality of Sands and Thrones, is not that bad.

Smasandian
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Most of the low score reviews make referrences to repetitive gameplay. Okay, so by that logic FPS should not get high scores...because you're repeating the same thing....shooting at things.

Completely different things.

I havnt played Assassins Creed but from the reviews, the one "minor" complaint most places had was the repetitive nature of the game.

Each city looks identical. Each target requires you to get to a viewing position, find the info, kill the guy and leave. I think the biggest thing was that they wanted some change in the overall structure.

Most good FPS add different elements to the game, while from the reviews of Assassins Creed, the first level is pretty much the same as the last.

Again, I havnt played it so I dont really know, but most sites gave it very good reviews and the repetitive nature is more of an minor thing.

I'm probalby going to get this tomorrow when I get Mario, then Mass Effect next week and I'll be set for awhile until I get a new computer and play Crysis.

General Kaliero
If the cities look identical, wouldn't that be because the actual cities looked identical? I mean, one of the main goals was to portray the Holy Land as it was in the 12th century.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>