RKT + Superman Prime vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Does the 2some have what it takes to take down the mighty Galactus?

Discuss....

Galan007
Originally posted by BobbyD
Does the 2some have what it takes to take down the mighty Galactus? Assuming this is the average powered Galactus........ Yes, the team could win.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Galan007
Assuming this is the average powered Galactus........ Yes, the team could win.

yaaaay me and Galan finally agree...team beats Galactus

Thanos_THOTU
Hard to say really, Run King Thor and Prime could win through Magic.

guy222
Does the 2some have what it takes to take down the mighty Galactus?

Discuss....

I like Galactus. RKT was said to rival Living Tribunal. I read that. Superman Prime>/=Galactus. That's my answer smile

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
RKT was said to rival Living Tribunal. no

A being more powerful than Odin is not even remotely close to LT's level.

Whomever/wherever you heard that from is definatley not a reliable source.

guy222
no

Sometimes ppl make mistakes. Am I correct about Superman Prime. U are part of my cosmic team smile

Galan007
Originally posted by guy222
I am correct about Superman Prime.Assuming Prime has the GL ring here, then he might be around Galactus level, given the few feats he does have, (i.e. bestowing the Superman Dynasty with, "powers beyond those held by any other metahumans ever", and defeating Solaris)...

guy222
Assuming Prime has the GL ring here, then he might be around Galactus level, given the few feats he does have, (i.e. bestowing the Superman Dynasty with, "powers beyond those held by any other metahumans ever", and defeating Solaris)...

Thanks, Galan

Flame On!!
no

I think it was Mr Master, in fact i'm certain it was!!

- FO!!

Galan007
Originally posted by Flame On!!
I think it was Mr Master, in fact i'm certain it was!!

- FO!! Throwing gas on the fire huh?

-By Crom! stick out tongue

Flame On!!
Throwing gas on the fire huh?

-By Crom! stick out tongue

smile

- FO!!

BobbyD
Assuming this is the average powered Galactus........ Yes, the team could win.

A full powered G?

Galan007
A full powered G? What is a "full-powered" Galactus?

Is it this rumored being that is supposed to equal Eternity?

Or is it the most impressive Galactus has actually been on panel, and under his own power?

BobbyD
What is a "full-powered" Galactus?

Is it this rumored being that is supposed to equal Eternity?

Or is it the most impressive Galactus has actually been on panel, and under his own power?

Interesting comeback, Galan.

Perhaps, we need some more G experts to chime in.

Hello? Anyone? Crickets? confused

Utrigita
We will never witness a fully powered Galactus because I believe that he can never reach that level, he can continue to feed indefinently, but will never do so, the closest we have seen Galactus is in the Secret Wars, but we don't know if that would have filled him to full capacity

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
We will never witness a fully powered Galactus because I believe that he can never reach that level, he can continue to feed indefinently, but will never do so, the closest we have seen Galactus is in the Secret Wars, but we don't know if that would have filled him to full capacity When Galactus was going to devour his World Ship in SW, it wouldn't have put him at full-power.

It was even mentioned that after he devoured his Ship, Galactus was going to consume the nearby Planets/Stars so he was better prepared to do battle with the Beyonder.

This solidifies the fact that G wouldn't have been at full-power after he wolfed down his Ship.

IMO, the most impressive Galactus has been seen at, was in the Black Celestial arch, when he threatened to devour the entire Universe.... and more.

Utrigita
When Galactus was going to devour his World Ship in SW, it wouldn't have put him at full-power.

It was even mentioned that after he devoured his Ship, Galactus was going to consume the nearby Planets/Stars so he was better prepared to do battle with the Beyonder.

This solidifies the fact that G wouldn't have been at full-power after he wolfed down his Ship.

IMO, the best Galactus has been at was in the Black Celestial arch, when he threatened to devour the entire Universe, and more.

My point precisly, and that have maked me believe that when not even the greatest source of energy in this universe and when a entire universe is in danger of being absorbed (know it is a speciel case but the possibility for him doing it himself exist), When he reach full power even if he can I think he will be more powerful then eternity. just a theory

Galan007
My point precisly, and that have maked me believe that when not even the greatest source of energy in this universe and when a entire universe is in danger of being absorbed (know it is a speciel case but the possibility for him doing it himself exist), When he reach full power even if he can I think he will be more powerful then eternity. just a theory All the Black Celestial arch shows us is what Galactus is capable of, under optimal/abnormal conditions.

We can't just say that G can go out and absorb a Universe whenever he feels like it, because he has never demonstrated such an ability completely on his own.

What came from that arch, helps us to better define what Galactus's potential may be.

But IMO, we will never see a "full-power" Galactus.

BobbyD
Well said, and very informative. Thus, I suppose it needs to be turned around and speculated whether or not, RKT and SPrime (combined) can take out a universe. My guess is highly unlikely, but anyone care to speculate?

Utrigita
All the Black Celestial arch shows us is what Galactus is capable of, under optimal/abnormal conditions.

We can't just say that G can go out and absorb a Universe whenever he feels like it, because he has never demonstrated such an ability completely on his own.

What came from that arch, helps us to better define what Galactus's potential may be.

But IMO, we will never see a "full-power" Galactus.

Yet we doesn't know if he can if he want to, nothing show a desire in him to do such thing against the universe.

But agreed on one thing we will never see full powered galactus most likely Galactus about 80% and he will still be dangerous.

Priest
Well said, and very informative. Thus, I suppose it needs to be turned around and speculated whether or not, RKT and SPrime (combined) can take out a universe. My guess is highly unlikely, but anyone care to speculate?
I doubt that a average galactus that we see in comics can destroy a universe.
RKT would alone give a average galactus a run for his money.

Galan007
Well said, and very informative. Thus, I suppose it needs to be turned around and speculated whether or not, RKT and SPrime (combined) can take out a universe. My guess is highly unlikely, but anyone care to speculate? To defeat Galactus doesn't require the destruction of a Universe.... Look at the Fantastic Four.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Priest
I doubt that a average galactus that we see in comics can destroy a universe.
RKT would alone give a average galactus a run for his money.

what makes you think that RKT would give Galactus average a run for his money??? the observation that he cannot destroy a universe then neither can RKT as far as i know.

Priest
what makes you think that RKT would give Galactus average a run for his money???
Simple Logic, Odin was able to easilly destroy galaxies, so can Galactus as normal power levls..
RKT>>Odin because Thor weilds The Odin Power plus Rune Magic So its safe to say RKT can so anything Odin can plus more..
Galactus has always had trouble with magical attacks, its a known fact (See Doc Strange, and Classic Thor battles)...
RKT weilds the most potient magic in MU, not good for Galactus.
Im not saying that RKT can solo Galactus, galactus can deff take the majority over Thor one on one, but throw in SMP, and we have a winning team.

the observation that he cannot destroy a universe then neither can RKT as far as i know.
yeah, i know RKT cant destroy a universe.

Galan007
Simple Logic, Odin was able to easilly destroy galaxies, so can Galactus as normal power levls..
RKT>>Odin because Thor weilds The Odin Power plus Rune Magic So its safe to say RKT can so anything Odin can plus more..
Galactus has always had trouble with magical attacks, its a known fact (See Doc Strange, and Classic Thor battles)...
Im not saying that RKT can solo Galactus, galactus can deff take the majority over Thor one on one, but throw in SMP, and we have a winning team. thumb up

BobbyD
To defeat Galactus doesn't require the destruction of a Universe.... Look at the Fantastic Four.

Point taken. However, my curiosity now on this topic is whether or not RKT & SPrime can take out a full powered G, (whatever a full powered G is)?

Thus, it then begs to be questioned whether the fantastic 4 can take out a full powered G?

Galan007
Point taken. However, my curiosity now on this topic is whether or not RKT & SPrime can take out a full powered G, (whatever a full powered G is)?

Thus, it then begs to be questioned whether the fantastic 4 can take out a full powered G? Since you are the thread starter, you need to describe to us exactly what Galactus's power will be.

Because my definition of full-powered Galactus could be different than yours.

Utrigita
Im not saying that RKT can solo Galactus, galactus can deff take the majority over Thor one on one, but throw in SMP, and we have a winning team.

yeah, i know RKT cant destroy a universe.

Thanks that was the impression I got that you was saying that RKT could solo Galactus

I suppose you are thinking of the blast that strange fired that toppled Galactus with didn't hurt him in any way, and the Godblast didn't hurt him but drew away the energy Galactus uses to feed on, so actually it was draining him.

Priest
I suppose you are thinking of the blast that strange fired that toppled Galactus with didn't hurt him in any way, and the Godblast didn't hurt him but drew away the energy Galactus uses to feed on, so actually it was draining him.
thier are also the battles with Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto that on paper galactus should of won easilly, but had some trouble with.

Utrigita
thier are also the battles with Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto that on paper galactus should of won easilly, but had some trouble with.

In mephistos own realm where he is practically unbeatable felt throught out severel realities? he defeated Agametto in his own realm, who is also magic, and virtually omnipotente in that realm. don't know about that Shuma-Gorath but didn't strange dominate it through telepathy.

Priest
In mephistos own realm where he is practically unbeatable felt throught out severel realities? he defeated Agametto in his own realm, who is also magic, and virtually omnipotente in that realm. don't know about that Shuma-Gorath but didn't strange dominate it through telepathy.
I accually got mixed up, i ment Agametto instead od Shuma, thanks for pointing that out.

Utrigita
that okay cool

We are both interestet in Galactus so its cool

BobbyD
Since you are the thread starter, you need to describe to us exactly what Galactus's power will be.

Because my definition of full-powered Galactus could be different than yours.

Ugh...so much pressure. roll eyes (sarcastic)

stick out tongue

Utrigita
if you say 100% Galactus for instance then this team goes down I don't care how they is.

Galan007
if you say 100% Galactus for instance then this team goes down I don't care how they is. But what is 100% Galactus? confused

See, that's my point.

We have never seen G at 100%/full power, so anything said about him in such a state would be nothing but speculation.

Utrigita
By 100% powered I mean a assumption on what a weaken Galactus is capable of, feed can do, and the assumption that eternity=fullpowered Galactus. A fully powered Galactus would be capable of laying wast to this universe.

Galan007
By 100% powered I mean a assumption on what a weaken Galactus is capable of, feed can do, and the assumption that eternity=fullpowered Galactus. A fully powered Galactus would be capable of laying wast to this universe. But that's what I'm saying.

If we debate on assumptions, then others may assume that Superman Prime>FP Galactus simply because that's how they feel. Can we do that? no

Galactus at his most impressive power-set, (during the Black Celestial arch), was going to consume the Universe he was in..... And potentially more. But remember that this was not "his" power.

The Black Celestial made his Hunger endless, it isn't normally that way..... So we know it is possible for G to absorb a Universe, but it's not likely something he could do completely on his own.

So again, how does one define a "full-powered" Galactus, based on feats?

Utrigita
But that's what I'm saying.

If we debate on assumptions, then others may assume that Superman Prime>FP Galactus simply because that's how they feel. Can we do that? no

Galactus at his most impressive power-set, (during the Black Celestial arch), was going to consume the Universe he was in..... And potentially more. But remember that this was not "his" power.

The Black Celestial made his Hunger endless, it isn't normally that way..... So we know it is possible for G to absorb a Universe, but it's not likely something he could do completely on his own.

So again, how does one define a "full-powered" Galactus, based on feats?

For a beginning you doesn't know if the Galactus in 616 can continue to feed indefinetly.

A good asumption again and yes this is pure speculation lets take the annihulus wave, here Galactus after having fought T&A being imprisond for some time still has the power to eradicate at least 3 starsystems that combined with the fact that he was hungry/starwing/weaken etc etc, out from his you can assume that if Galactus wishes to he can probably destroy a Galaxy, at a average powerlevel seen again how he very weakend destroyed three starsystems and still he wave didn't slow down, at that point I realized why it was called the annihulation laughing

Galan007
For a beginning you doesn't know if the Galactus in 616 can continue to feed indefinetly. And you don't know that he can feed indefinitely....... See what I mean? erm

A good asumption again and yes this is pure speculation lets take the annihulus wave, here Galactus after having fought T&A being imprisond for some time still has the power to eradicate at least 3 starsystems that combined with the fact that he was hungry/starwing/weaken etc etc, out from his you can assume that if Galactus wishes to he can probably destroy a Galaxy, at a average powerlevel seen again how he very weakend destroyed three starsystems and still he wave didn't slow down, at that point I realized why it was called the annihulation laughing Destroying 3 Star Systems while Hungry is very impressive, but in Marvel, Universes are composed of an infinite amount of Space, which in turn would equate to Googolplexes of different Star Systems and Galaxies....

I don't see how it is assumed that Galactus could destroy the entirety of a Universe, when he has never destroyed anything close to this, completely under his own power.

Mr Master
Throwing gas on the fire huh?

-By Crom!

You know he's full of shit

As you know I would never say RTK is LT level.

Socks are running rampant in KMC.

laughing

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
You know he's full of shit

As you know I would never say RTK is LT level.

Socks are running rampant in KMC.

laughing Yeah right, I saw you say that RKT>>>LT laughing out loud j/k

Nah,
For some reason this particular sock just has it out for you man! stick out tongue

Mr Master
When Galactus was going to devour his World Ship in SW, it wouldn't have put him at full-power.

While I can't say what level of power his Ship would put him on,

(definitely Universal Warper at the very least, like Korvac)

I must add,

it was Reed speculating that Galactus would do that.

Nor the Narrator or Galactus said that.

So we can't be too sure. smile

Mr Master
Nah,
For some reason this particular sock just has it out for you man! stick out tongue

I've come to realize that it's dangerous to Own cats in here,

I have several Socks that follow me around the forum,

just to disagree with me and agree with whom ever is opposing me,

regardless of who's right. laughing out loud

It's almost entertaining if it wasn't so pathetic.

Utrigita
And you don't know that he can feed indefinitely....... See what I mean? erm

Destroying 3 Star Systems while Hungry is very impressive, but in Marvel, Universes are composed of an infinite amount of Space, which in turn would equate to Googolplexes of different Star Systems and Galaxies....

I don't see how it is assumed that Galactus could destroy the entirety of a Universe, when he has never destroyed anything close to this, completely under his own power.

Yet he nearly aborbed one wink but all we are doing at this point is speculating what Galactus is capable of if powered to 100% but thats difficult jo judge from considering how there is nothing on panel.

Yet it I just a question of math really lets say hungry Galactus is about 3 % perhaps lower we don't know but then we can asume his powers to be enormous and maybe it was 10% we don't know all speculation and sometimes thats funny to big grin destroying a galaxy maybe we should start putting a size on them a galaxy can vary in size. But again all this is pure speculation

Galan007
While I can't say what level of power his Ship would put him on,

(definitely Universal Warper at the very least, like Korvac)I agree,

But IMO that still wouldn't have put Galactus at full-power, based on what Reed said...

I must add,

it was Reed speculating that Galactus would do that.

Nor the Narrator or Galactus said that.

So we can't be too sure. smile Well Reed isn't exactly known as a liar, and I doubt that the Marvel writers would have had him make such a claim, if it weren't to be the case....

And also a bit before G was going to absorb his World Ship, he "healed" the volcanic eruptions on Beyonder's planet so that it was more suitable for absorption.

So my thinking is, why would he go through that trouble if he didn't mean to absorb that Planet afterwards?

But who really knows? srug

I've come to realize that it's dangerous to Own cats in here,

I have several Socks that follow me around the forum,

just to disagree with me and agree with whom ever is opposing me,

regardless of who's right. laughing out loud

It's almost entertaining if it wasn't so pathetic. Socks can be entertaining, annoying, and just flat out pathetic, all wrapped into one giant Springer show...... laughing

Galan007
Yet he nearly aborbed one wink Once again, G DID nearly devour a Universe, but only after the Black Celestial made his Hunger endless....

Galactus didn't just decide one day that he wanted to wolf down a Universe, nor has he done so since then. wink

Without the Celestial, that event would not have occurred.

but all we are doing at this point is speculating what Galactus is capable of if powered to 100% but thats difficult jo judge from considering how there is nothing on panel. Right, it's all speculation, and speculation does not equate to fact/evidence...

My opinion on the matter is that if G was at his "full-potential" (i.e. The power he had in the Black Celestial arch), then he would be eating Universes how he eats Planets now.

This in turn means Galactus would be > Eternity...

But again that's just my opinion.

Galactus has never done anything completely under his own power which would lead me to conclude that he is =/> Eternity.

Kutulu
Once again, G DID nearly devour a Universe, but only after the Black Celestial made his Hunger endless....

Galactus didn't just decide one day that he wanted to wolf down a Universe, nor has he done so since then. wink

Without the Celestial, that event would not have occurred.

Right, it's all speculation, and speculation does not equate to fact/evidence...

My opinion on the matter is that if G was at his "full-potential" (i.e. The power he had in the Black Celestial arch), then he would be eating Universes how he eats Planets now.

This in turn means Galactus would be > Eternity...

But again that's just my opinion.

Galactus has never done anything completely under his own power which would lead me to conclude that he is =/> Eternity.

Well... Eternity did treat Galactus as an equal in the one Silver Surfer comic. It takes a lot for Eternity to treat someone as an equal.

In the Black Celestial Fantastic Four arc, all the Celestial did was make Galactus infinitely hungry - he did not in any way directly increase the ability of Galactus to consume - Galactus did that all on his own.

It shows therefore that if Galactus was hungry enough, he would be well within the ability to start a mass consumption device to convert time and space (in other words the material of Eternity & Infinity) into living energy for him to feed upon.

Superman Prime I would put at on par with Galactus after having recently fed. If Galactus ate a couple planets in a row he would be above Superman Prime IMHO. So average showing Galactus would most likely lose against this team. Galactus after having fed upon several worlds in a row would probably take a win. He is capable of destroying Galaxies, and that is Marvel 616 not an alternate version, that has already destroyed galaxies in the past. His fight with Mephisto was pretty damn impressive considered that he was fighting Mephisto in his own realm and reaching a stalemate until he started to consume his shard realm.

Galactus seems to restrain himself from reaching his potential levels though, as he has in the past been presented with the ability to satiate his hunger but did not follow through. Example being his fight with Mephisto, I mean why bother reaching a truce when he had the upper hand? He could have continued on feeding on his shard realm until it was all gone, and Mephisto would be history, leaving Galactus a heck of a lot stronger after eating an entire dimensional realm.

Batman-Prime
SMP wins this one pretty easy, solo.

UniOmni
SMP did nothing to ensure such a claim.

The character shows up, smiles, makes a sign with a gl ring, and gets infinite props for it.

Amazing.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Kutulu
Well... Eternity did treat Galactus as an equal in the one Silver Surfer comic. It takes a lot for Eternity to treat someone as an equal.

In the Black Celestial Fantastic Four arc, all the Celestial did was make Galactus infinitely hungry - he did not in any way directly increase the ability of Galactus to consume - Galactus did that all on his own.

It shows therefore that if Galactus was hungry enough, he would be well within the ability to start a mass consumption device to convert time and space (in other words the material of Eternity & Infinity) into living energy for him to feed upon.

Superman Prime I would put at on par with Galactus after having recently fed. If Galactus ate a couple planets in a row he would be above Superman Prime IMHO. So average showing Galactus would most likely lose against this team. Galactus after having fed upon several worlds in a row would probably take a win. He is capable of destroying Galaxies, and that is Marvel 616 not an alternate version, that has already destroyed galaxies in the past. His fight with Mephisto was pretty damn impressive considered that he was fighting Mephisto in his own realm and reaching a stalemate until he started to consume his shard realm.

Galactus seems to restrain himself from reaching his potential levels though, as he has in the past been presented with the ability to satiate his hunger but did not follow through. Example being his fight with Mephisto, I mean why bother reaching a truce when he had the upper hand? He could have continued on feeding on his shard realm until it was all gone, and Mephisto would be history, leaving Galactus a heck of a lot stronger after eating an entire dimensional realm.

Not a whole lot here to disagree with. perusing the thread I see a few claims that Galactus is unable/incapable of absorbing/destroying a universe, as it's never happened on panel.

The problem here is (sorta) like the surfer, Galactus holds back. a LOT. Even that ridiculous outfit he has is designed to contain and regulate his hunger. He's not written to be a villain i.e. Imperiex- destroying worlds and universes just because he CAN, but only does so when NECESSARY. We'll likely never really see a full-powered, infinitely hungry galactus for this reason.

However, it has been implied numerous times that galactus does have the ability to absorb dimensions and universes (black celestial arc, and vs. mephisto) and also that he does or may eventually have the ability to restore the marvel universe at it's end.

Consider also that a large portion of galactus' power was dedicated to containing/holding back abraxas (who is himself massively powerful) and another aspect of his power is tied up in the nullifier, which HAS been demonstrated to be able to eliminate the entire multiverse at once.

RKT is powerful, but not "primal force of the universe" powerful, and Superman Prime has no feats that don't involve a lantern ring, so this contest kinda has to go to galactus all things considered.

nvrbeenwthagirl
RKT and Superman Prime have nearly no feats. Galactus for the win.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by UniOmni
SMP did nothing to ensure such a claim.

The character shows up, smiles, makes a sign with a gl ring, and gets infinite props for it.

Amazing.

Yes he crushes Solaris, smiles, can't even save an reality, because it was destroyed to fast. He did nothing to claim anything, almost anything. You can say he is on par with LT or the Spectre and you can say he is on par with Galactus. Both are claims, right? So my opinion is as good and true as anyones, because we know next to nothing about SMP, maybe we shouldn't use him for vs threads then wink.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Yes he crushes Solaris, smiles, can't even save an reality, because it was destroyed to fast. He did nothing to claim anything, almost anything. You can say he is on par with LT or the Spectre and you can say he is on par with Galactus. Both are claims, right? So my opinion is as good and true as anyones, because we know next to nothing about SMP, maybe we shouldn't use him for vs threads then wink.

uh, do you have that issue? he crushed an essentially ALREADY DEFEATED Solaris by using a lantern ring. At that point Solaris had already been forced to go supernova and could barely form coherent sentences. It's scarcely even a feat, all things considered.

On the other hand, every other hero in the DC universe present at the time was straight out panicked that a kryptonite bullet would STILL be able to kill him when he emerged from the sun.

There really isn't anything on panel anywhere to put Superman Prime on the level of LT or Spectre.

It's my opinion that no, SMP should not be used for Vs. Fights, as he has no on panel feats using his own abilities. not one.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kutulu

It shows therefore that if Galactus was hungry enough, he would be well within the ability to start a mass consumption device to convert time and space (in other words the material of Eternity & Infinity) into living energy for him to feed upon. You're right in saying that the Celestial made Galactus infinitely hungry, but that is not within his "normal" range of power.

Had the Black Celestial not made Galactus's hunger infinite, he could have never accomplished such a feat, on his own...... If you have any evidence to the contrary showing Galactus absorbing the equivalent of a Universe completely on his own, then please post it.

If not, it's flawed logic to say that absorbing a Universe is within G's normal range of power.

Sure it shows his potential, but that's only his potential when "enhanced" by another being.

Galan007
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
RKT have nearly no feats. Galactus for the win. Galactus's weakness has always been to magic, and RKT possesses the most powerful form of magic in Marvel....

Space M ummy
Galactus's weakness has always been to magic, and RKT possesses the most powerful form of magic in Marvel....

Galactus does not have a "weakness" to magic i.e. Superman. He's been hurt by magic before, but his power levels are literally all over the place.

His fight with Agamatto (in his own dimension, no less) was more or less a stalemate with neither getting the upper hand. If Agamatto and Mephisto can't put Galactus down via magical means, RKT CERTAINLY can't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.