Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End Delayed?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pirategirl85
The buzz around the internet is that AWE might be delayed because of late timing...Well here are two sources that explain everything, you be the judge of what you think might be true or a Rumor....

http://www.canmag.com/nw/6976-pirates-3-delayed

It looks like we are in agreement with the good folks over at Joblo when we ask, "what the hell is going on with Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End?"

Earlier this week we reported on a rumor claiming that the first trailer for Pirates 3 could be on its way this month. Well, it darn well should, considering the film's theatrical release is a little over two months out.

Think about it - two months to go before Disney's deepest goldmine and all they have to show for it are a couple of movie stills.

I tried to confirm the trailer with Disney and ended up with nothing, nada, zip (we'll see if I get a response by the end of the week).

Though our own rumor mill hasn't even begun to suggest postponement, Joblo does address the issue.

There is no official website yet, no teaser or trailer of any kind (remember last year when Disney released its awe-inspiring teaser for DEAD MAN'S CHEST during the Superbowl-- and that film was released in July, as opposed to May for this installment), almost no pictures that we can publish without receiving a "cease and desist" decree from the Man behind the Mouse, no posters, and now rumblings that things are going slower than anticipated in the editing room and that the film may not make its official May 25th release date? Heck, Disney is still mum about whether or not Rolling Stone Keith Richards is even making an appearance in the film (which I could seriously care less about myself)!.

: http://www.joblo.com/pirates-3-postponed

Pirates 3 postponed?

We don't normally run "rumors", but we've been getting a lot of emails from fans of the PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN flicks, asking why there has been so little information out there about the next installment, AT WORLD'S END, despite the fact that we're only about 2 1/2 months from its release (May 25th). There is no official website yet, no teaser or trailer of any kind (remember last year when Disney released its awe-inspiring teaser for DEAD MAN'S CHEST during the Superbowl-- and that film was released in July, as opposed to May for this installment), almost no pictures that we can publish without receiving a "cease and desist" decree from the Man behind the Mouse, no posters, and now rumblings that things are going slower than anticipated in the editing room and that the film may not make its official May 25th release date? Heck, Disney is still mum about whether or not Rolling Stone Keith Richards is even making an appearance in the film (which I could seriously care less about myself)!

I personally highly doubt that the film will get postponed, as studios claim their release spots like they were gold-mines, and hopefully Disney will start spraying the love for the film over the next few weeks, but in a year where films like WILD HOGS, STOMP THE YARD and NORBIT are the "big hits" so far, I've temporarily given up on making predictions. By the way, the film is officially called AT WORLD'S END, right? Right? So secretive, them buggers...

PirateDiva
OMG!!!!!! U Gotta Be Kidding Me!!! Well Thats JusT GreaT! embarrasment

CaptainJacksLuv
did u evn read it??? coz i didnt, lol

Thorin

katelovespirate
they're still trying to decide who will get Liz. wink

IheartPocky
Originally posted by katelovespirate
they're still trying to decide who will get Liz. wink

lol...

i dont think it will be postponed.. or maybe thats just me hoping it wont be..

katelovespirate
it won't. but they certainly are playing dumb with adverts. they should be building up and generating lots of attention. i would place a guess that they are having difficulties getting the digital animation perfect in such a short amount of time--- not to mention, making the choice on what to put in the trailer that will generate the most interest without giving the end away. could be any number of things. i really dont think they will postpone the date at this point though.

PirateDiva
but honestly dont u think the secrecy and stuff is a way of advetisment...i mean they are generating enough CURIOSITY thats gonna make ppl go watch it!!!!

I doubt they'll postpone it (cause that is the absolute last thing we need) Cause its a World Wide Release and they are openeing Memorial Day Weekend that s like Perfect weekend to open!!!

Chiki Mina
I smell BS

NOTHING AGAINST YOU PIRATEGIRL85!!!

Just the news...hmm

Pirategirl85
Yes I know that's why i want everyone's opinion on this "news"

Chiki Mina
Well....hmm....I really smell big BS in this news.

How can you post the movie on may 25th for almost a year and then say it is being postponed....

Seriously. This is really weird.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.