Best Marvel Team Leader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
There are many and there were many teams in Marvel. Which Marvel team leader was the best suited for their team's leading and bythat who was the best leader?

Let's skip first place coz everyone is going to vote for Cap.

But there is Defenders,West Coast Avengers, X-Men, Brotherhood, Alpha Flight and so...

roughrider
The answer to your question...

...just got assassinated in the pages of CAPTAIN AMERICA. sad

masterbruce
Captain America by a landslide

- iconic figure to inspire citizens and teammates alike
- unfaltering belief in doing the right thing
- incredibly intelligent in battle tactics and strategy
- respected pretty much unanimously

TricksterPriest
He said skip first place cause Cap is gonna be #1. Much as I rag on him, I've gotta go with Cyclops. He's an excellent field leader.

roughrider
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He said skip first place cause Cap is gonna be #1. Much as I rag on him, I've gotta go with Cyclops. He's an excellent field leader.
Well, the thread title doesn't say '2nd Best Marvel Team Leader.'

masterbruce
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

I'd put Reed over Cyke.

He has to control Johnny and Thing.
He is much more intelligent and is much more important overall to his team than Cyclops is to the xmen, the xmen can afford to lose Cyke, but F4 can't lose Reed.

also, Cyke can't even get along with Logan.

Redatom65
Cyclops and Captain America always rank in the top 5 for me

Blair Wind
Originally posted by masterbruce
I'd put Reed over Cyke.

He is much more intelligent and is much more important overall to his team than Cyclops is to the xmen, the xmen can afford to lose Cyke, but F4 can't lose Reed.

also, Cyke can't even get along with Logan.

They have done just fine as IW as leader when Reed wasnt around.

I have to say Cyke, followed by Hawkeye.

Newjak
Honestly with out Cap I would have to go with Tony Stark. The guy basically plans for everything and everything. Even coming up with the idea of cloning Thor just because What If.

Reed I don't think is really the Leader of the FF. He just is the guy they can't really do without because his tech really adds a lot of stuff but none of the FF really listen to him like a leader.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Blair Wind
They have done just fine as IW as leader when Reed wasnt around.

I have to say Cyke, followed by Hawkeye. I would put maybe Hawkeye above due to the experience on the field and being a "soldier" makes him better than Cyclops. (pr is going to kill me)

On the other hand Tony Stark a good leader. He has the brains to do it.

Reed is intelligent but he has to only control 3 members.

Hawkeye,Cyclops,Tony or even Magneto has to have control over more and the way Eric does his job as the villian Magneto is just cool. I mean holding more or less an evil team kinda together and ordering them around is more than the good guys do. Good guys don't want to kill eachother every third issue on one team (exception of Civil War, talking about Classic Mags).

marvelprince
Cyclops. Tony is great and I like him more than Cyclops, but in terms of inspiring people, getting them to follow you and knowing how to react to things in the thick battle I put Cyclops over him.

"V"
Cyclops.

I would say Captain America but Cyke used to slap Wolverine around like a rag doll when he stood up to him. That gets my vote.

Flame On!!
Wasp..................

- FO!!

bigbran
Originally posted by Rewmac
There are many and there were many teams in Marvel. Which Marvel team leader was the best suited for their team's leading and bythat who was the best leader?

Let's skip first place coz everyone is going to vote for Cap.

But there is Defenders,West Coast Avengers, X-Men, Brotherhood, Alpha Flight and so... Thanos is better than Cap anyway...

He'll dump your ass somewhere, and leave you... cool

xmeat
best leader is cap hands down cyce sucks and tony can kiss my ass.

^Thor was a preety good leader to.

SpunkySmurph
After Cap?

Magneto.

capt it up
best xmen leader it depends on which team.

best alpha flight again depends on the team. Wolverine was there best leader for the original team however he would not be the best for some of there later teams

outavodka
Real Team Leaders:in my opinion
Cap
Cyclops
AOA Magneto
Ultimate Nick Fury
Baron Zemo

Drifter
Originally posted by masterbruce
I'd put Reed over Cyke.

also, Cyke can't even get along with Logan. -I think Reed is needed more as the team scientist than the leader.
-FF is a small team. Loss of anyone is going to be felt more than in a organization as large as current the X-Men.
-The worst thing a leader can do is to make himself irreplaceable. A team or organization that is dependant on one person is not a very functional one.
-Thing and Johnny may act childish from time to time but I don't see them as difficult team-mates. Especially since Reed is the best friend of one of them and a brother-in-law of the other.
-Cyke and Logan may bicker like an old married couple, but they also have a great deal of respect for one another and work very well together when necessary.

Also I'd like to suggest Storm. She's pretty much on the same level as Cyke as a strategist, but has much better social skills.

Lord Rock
Cyclops. Intelligent and caring for his team members. Also ahs courages and is respected by his team members.

Cyclops, with Cap just behind

But the black GL, John Steward, is also a very good leadersmile

stormfront13
after cap?

in no particular order.............

storm
cyke
hawkeye
wasp
Insivisble Woman
Reed

WrathfulDwarf
Captain America
Cyclops
Reed
Hawkeye

xmeat
thors been a decent leader

willRules
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Captain America
Cyclops
Reed
Hawkeye

thumb up What he said + Invisible Woman (By the way, schweet sig yes )

WrathfulDwarf
I really miss the West Coast Avengers. Hawkeye kick ass!

Originally posted by willRules
(By the way, schweet sig yes )

Thank you! Spidervlad made it for me.

HandOfFate
It Captain America, then after a couple of miles it's everybody else.

When big team up happen, Captain America is the overall leader of the group.

pr1983
Cap, Cyke (for me cyke is up there with cap in the case of strategic thinking, and the fact that at times he had alot less to work with than cap, and yet still took on the likes of Magneto and Apocalypse)

then Hawkeye, then pretty much everyone else...

and rewmac, yes, there will be words had...

celestialdemon
Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.