Ulic Quel-Droma versus Exar Kun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allfg
Saber duel, TSW incarnations, same place where they originally fought.

Spidervlad
It would be an OK duel, but Exar Kun would win.

Darth Sexy
Kun has clearly persued his nice style and saber while it's unlikely Qel Droma has done the same, or at least not to the same degree. Kun wins.

jollyjim311
I'm taking Kun on this one. I don't see why you would go with Ulic...

allfg
I see it as being pretty close. I'd say for sure that Ulic's the better duelist of the pair; defeating a very powerful darkside driven jedi master after having been cut from the force, out of practise for 20 years and holding back from going full out is far beyond beating Vodo who by his own admission was holding back at the time. However Exar Kun possesses a specific advantage against Ulic in that his saber weapon and style is alien to him. I don't know, this is pretty close.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by allfg
I see it as being pretty close. I'd say for sure that Ulic's the better duelist of the pair; defeating a very powerful darkside driven jedi master after having been cut from the force, out of practise for 20 years and holding back from going full out is far beyond beating Vodo who by his own admission was holding back at the time. However Exar Kun possesses a specific advantage against Ulic in that his saber weapon and style is alien to him. I don't know, this is pretty close.

I love how your opinions reflect nothing, other than goign against fact. There is nothing to suggest Ulic is better than Kun, but at the very best he's on par. And he was out of practice for 9 years, not 20.

Advent
I see it as being pretty close.

Of course it's not going to be a complete domination, and undoubtedly Qel-Droma will give Kun an immense amount of trouble, but he's not going to walk out the victor in this bout.

Then you'd be wrong. They were sheer equals during their battle in DLotS, as described by the omniscient narrator:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6656/ulickunmastersgf7.th.png

"Both Jedi are master swordsman -- neither can claim an advantage with the lightsaber!", which clearly indicates that, indeed, neither would be able to overcome the other.

To go along with that, there are a few excerpts which cite that there'd be no winner, or at the least, "their battle might have gone on for hours" (Darkside Sourcebook, p. 76). That, along with, "they were too evenly matched for one to claim the advantage" (paraphrased from DSSB).

Now, as you've mentioned, Exar later goes on to create the double bladed saber weapon, which disregarding the fact it was the first known (and thus unfamiliar to Ulic), we know numerous things about the blade itself. It's similar to a dual phase lightsaber, except Exar can modify the blades' length, which can be contracted to half a meter or protracted to a meter and half (which is longer than a customary blade).

Furthermore, he could adjust the degree of intensity the blade generates, through which could cause an opponent to lose their balance and be left open for a death blow (from Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology). Now, his hilt is also shorter than a standard hilt, too.

And Ulic Qel-Droma hasn't been shown to greatly improve from DLotS to TSW (at least, not enough to surpass Exar), so I don't see Ulic taking down Exar, especially if he's armed with the aforementioned weapon.

"Defeating"? I don't recall such a thing happening in Redemption, what I do recall, however, is this:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9747/thatdamnulicdw9.th.png

Ulic trying to rationalize with Sylvar, and explaining to her that "the dark side is slippery", and eventually, he gave up ("I will not fight you"wink. He didn't "defeat" her in the sense that you would seem to be insinuating. As well, like Sexy mentioned, it wasn't twenty years, it was ten.

Albeit, the fact that he was even able to contend for the amount of time speaks volumes for him alone, though. Still, I see no viable evidence that would indicate he'd be able to take down Exar Kun as of TSW.

xxXAcStylesXxx
Off topic: Advent I love your sig, I'd give my left nut to bang Jessica Alba

darthsith19
Same place where they originally fought? It's a tie, the comic even says that they are even. So I don't know why they wouldn't be, but if this is Kun w/ the double bladed saber then he wins because Ulic has no experience fighting against double bladed lightsabers.

Advent
Kun in The Sith War has his double bladed lightsaber, as even the TC has stated in his previous post. So, why wouldn't he have it? Learn2read.

Edit:

Yeah, Alba's pretty sexy, I'll admit that. If I were a guy, though, I'm not sure I'd give up my "left nut" for her, lmao. Then again, I still don't understand how guys think.

jollyjim311
Advent, don't be so insensitive.

Maybe he has testicular cancer. no expression

xxXAcStylesXxx
Dude, if I had cancer and lost my left nut, I'd give up my good right one for an all night romp with Alba...sad isn't it...

Darth Sexy
I wouldn't give anything for Jessica Alba, except all of my man juice.

Riverollv
Saber duel, TSW incarnations, same place where they originally fought.

Id say it would be kinda close, but Kun would win

Tangible God
I'd give up $40 for Jessica Alba. Then I wouldn't call again.

Kadesh
Originally posted by Tangible God
I'd give up $40 for Jessica Alba. Then I wouldn't call again. Shes not worth 40$ come on, i gotta take her to never land and i will fcuk her all night long!

EDIT
watch the fantasic four 2 trailer, silver surfer and galactus ftw

allfg
Originally posted by Advent
Of course it's not going to be a complete domination, and undoubtedly Qel-Droma will give Kun an immense amount of trouble, but he's not going to walk out the victor in this bout.

Then you'd be wrong. They were sheer equals during their battle in DLotS, as described by the omniscient narrator:

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6656/ulickunmastersgf7.th.png

"Both Jedi are master swordsman -- neither can claim an advantage with the lightsaber!", which clearly indicates that, indeed, neither would be able to overcome the other.

To go along with that, there are a few excerpts which cite that there'd be no winner, or at the least, "their battle might have gone on for hours" (Darkside Sourcebook, p. 76). That, along with, "they were too evenly matched for one to claim the advantage" (paraphrased from DSSB).

Now, as you've mentioned, Exar later goes on to create the double bladed saber weapon, which disregarding the fact it was the first known (and thus unfamiliar to Ulic), we know numerous things about the blade itself. It's similar to a dual phase lightsaber, except Exar can modify the blades' length, which can be contracted to half a meter or protracted to a meter and half (which is longer than a customary blade).

Furthermore, he could adjust the degree of intensity the blade generates, through which could cause an opponent to lose their balance and be left open for a death blow (from Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology). Now, his hilt is also shorter than a standard hilt, too.

I've already taken into account that Kun may win because of his saber and style, which would be unfamiliar to Ulic, however what you've written in no way proves that Kun was a better duelist than Ulic. Now using what you already posted, they were basically sheer equals by the time they fought. Well the way I see it, from that point onwards, Kun spent the majority of his time studying sith magic, and not only that, but instead of focusing on the form he had been training under for his entire life, he had to balance that out with learning a new form (for his saber staff), which would only ever act as a replacement for his regular style. Ulic on the other hand didn't go off trying to master sith magic, and didn't go off creating new sabers and forms, but instead would have expanded on the form he had been training his entire life. I see no reason why Kun should be considered a better duelist. Ulic has better dueling feats, and logic points to his improvement after the point where they stalemated as being greater than Kun's.

Just because he didn't show improvement, doesn't mean he actually didn't improve as much as, or even to a greater degree than Kun did.

Ok, I don't know why I wrote that, I actually meant 'hold back'.

My bad, I thought it was twenty.

It sure does. Sylvar was pretty damn uber, and being driven by the darkside at the time. Ulic had been cut off from the force, was out of practice for ten years, and was holding back against her. Holding her off in that state is far beyond anything Kun has done. If Kun could ever take him, it would be because of his unique style, and Ulic's unfamiliarity with it. Ulic's quite clearly the better duelist.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Advent
Kun in The Sith War has his double bladed lightsaber, as even the TC has stated in his previous post. So, why wouldn't he have it? Learn2read.

Damn, calm down, I don't f*cking pay attention to which comic is which.

Darth Sexy
I've already taken into account that Kun may win because of his saber and style, which would be unfamiliar to Ulic, however what you've written in no way proves that Kun was a better duelist than Ulic. Now using what you already posted, they were basically sheer equals by the time they fought. Well the way I see it, from that point onwards, Kun spent the majority of his time studying sith magic, and not only that, but instead of focusing on the form he had been training under for his entire life, he had to balance that out with learning a new form (for his saber staff), which would only ever act as a replacement for his regular style. Ulic on the other hand didn't go off trying to master sith magic, and didn't go off creating new sabers and forms, but instead would have expanded on the form he had been training his entire life. I see no reason why Kun should be considered a better duelist. Ulic has better dueling feats, and logic points to his improvement after the point where they stalemated as being greater than Kun's.
Of course Kun is better. He logically kept up with his saber skills while Ulic did not. And your logic and argument fail again because while Kun kept up with sith magic, he also invented a new style and saber, which means he would have to practice it. And Uluc has better dueling feats? You're right, Kun WOULDNT wtfpwn Mandalore... Good logic there.

Just because something is stated and you can't prove otherwise doesn't make it logical right? Oh wait.

It sure does. Sylvar was pretty damn uber, and being driven by the darkside at the time. Ulic had been cut off from the force, was out of practice for ten years, and was holding back against her. Holding her off in that state is far beyond anything Kun has done. If Kun could ever take him, it would be because of his unique style, and Ulic's unfamiliarity with it. Ulic's quite clearly the better duelist.
And yet again with this Sylvar is uber crap. Guess what, that argument was defeated every single time. Nothing even remotely suggests that Sylvar was better than average. Nobody here cares about your illogical opinions. And holding her off has absolutely no bearing on what Kun has done, nor in any way proves anything besides Ulic being a good duelist and Sylvar being average or crap. Damn Noobaris, I've never seen anyone so illogically retarded and constantly arguing against facts. But now I understand where the anti depressants come in.

allfg
Oh my days, we've already been through this before Sexy, quit arguing already proven points.

1. Given that he was a Sith Lord, the Jedi would inevitably come to defeat him. Ulic would know this, the jedi naturally feel that it's their responsibility to take care of their fallen students, it's how they act. So if Ulic didn't keep up with his saber skills, it would be pretty dumb of him, don't you think?

2. If he didn't keep up with his saber skills, a Dark Jedi would naturally attempt to take his position as Sith Lord. Ulic wouldn't want that now, would he?

3. As a war general, there was always the chance that he would face combat in some form or another. Ulic would prepare for such a scenario, and wouldn't be a dumbass and neglect his skills.

4. There's always the chance that he would have wanted to take Kun's position, he would naturally have kept up his skills in order to prepare for such a thing.

5. It's likely that if he completely neglected his skills, Kun, or The Ancient Sith would have him removed of his title.

6. What non Ro2 sit doesn't strive to be as powerful as he/she can be?

Seriously man, there's no reason to suggest that Ulic wouldn't have kept up his skills. Your 'army' rebuttal has already been defeated, and for Ulic to completely give up on his skills, he would quite frankly have had to be a moron given the points above. Given how well he did against Mandalore and his brother supports him having not given up on his skills.

Yay for twisting people's arguments! Now my logic would only fail if my original argument was that Kun only kep up with Sith Magic. In fact, if you knew how to read, you'd be able to see that I fully acknowledged that while he would also focus on his saber skills, it would be much more balanced out in comparison to Ulic who wasn't going off creating new forms and mastering sith magic.

Right, because that's what I was talking about when I said better dueling feats. roll eyes (sarcastic)

What the **** are you trying to say?

Not really. In fact, let me remind you:

1. She defeated Exar Kun in a training duel when they were both padawans. Exar kun was a prodigy, and Sylvar was quite possibly one too, given how well she seemed to compare to him as a padawan.

2. She snuck up behind Oss Wilum, who had previously been described as 'exceptional', and knocked him to the ground with the hilt of her lightsaber.

3. She owned three strong Massasi Warriors with just her bare hands in seconds. These Massasi were stated to be able to 'use the darkside with great skill and precision', and were stated as being a match for a Jedi Knight.

4. She was considered as one of the heroes and champions of the Sith Wars, and by Redemption, she would have been as uber as ever given her experience, and the fact that she was now a Master when before she was simply a Knight, all implying some heavy sort of improvement.

5. She was also being driven by the darkside when up against ulic, which would both make her stronger, and more aggressive.

Given that Ulic was able to defend against her for quite some time, and after having been cut off from the force and out of practise for ten years, as well as holding back at the same time, it's quite safe to assume that his natural grasp of the lightsaber is well above pretty much anyone else (Bane, Nomi, Luke etc.).

It actually proves that Ulic's natural grasp of the saber is likely well beyond Kun's.

Darth Sexy
Oh my days, we've already been through this before Sexy, quit arguing already proven points.
Proven points? Good lord frodo do you just spend your entire life telling yourself something that is contradictory to reality? Once again, you making a post or wasting text does not mean you have proven something, nor does it mean you can debate. Seeing as how you're the worst debater on here and you haven't won a single debate(Despite your denial), I'd say you need to stop wasting Rex's bandwidth.

I forgot, the great Noobaris is the authority on what the Jedi would do.
By your logic, once Sidious discovered Anakin's offspring lived, he would have naturally started practicing with his saber again because he knew they would "inevitably" come for him. Good thing things don't work out like you predict. Ulic had an entire army, and so did Sidious. Neither one of them thought it was THAT important to continue the saber training.

I didn't know bullshit assumptions counted as logic, but hey you're still in denial.

So you've proven you're allergic to intelligence, and your focal points include you predicting what would happen. Thanks GL..

More bandwidth wasted..

I was wrong. For your logic to fail, you'd have to have basic logic in the first place. Since you've proven incapable of having any kind of logic or common sense since you first came here, I guess my original point si moot. Kun had sith magic and a new saber, ergo Kun had a reason to practice. Ulic had the armies of Mandalore and Teta so he had NO need for it.

That you're a blabbering buffoon who can't comprehend common sense.

Defeated Kun? You mean in a saber fight where there was no hands allowed and she unexpectadly cut his face, followed by Exar Kun kickstomping her to the ground? Wow Noobaris you sure live in a dream world. Nothing even remotely suggests that Sylvar was a prodigy, but keep arguing and keep losing.

I have DLOTS and TSW, I don't see "Oss Wilum" and exceptional anywhere in there. But please, continue.

They weren't stated to be a match for a Jedi Knight but you love to lie when you get pwned in a debate. And after she defeated these so called "Strong" massassi, an actual big massassi wtfpwned her. Good one.

She wasn't considered one of the heroes nor champions, stop making shit up. Lying+stupid assumptions=/logic.

It actually proves that you have no concept of logic, and that you argue out of ignorance based on your dream world. Good job getting pwned.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.