Religon...gods practical joke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TRH
Could god have falsely created all religions as a joke and then when we get to heaven he will laugh his ass of then give us a joint??? confused

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH
Could god have falsely created all religions as a joke and then when we get to heaven he will laugh his ass of then give us a joint??? confused

No. Man created religion out of a need to understand the world around them and a thirst for power.

Alliance
Primarily need to understand the world. Thirst for power came later, around 200-300 CE.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TRH

Yes any god that would create a world like this is probably an ass.

TRH
OK then mister serious all the time

Alliance
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Yes any god that would create a world like this is probably an ass.

Or doesn't exist.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by TRH
OK then mister serious all the time

Hey! I was only joking, couldn't you tell. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Alliance
Or doesn't exist.

no expression

Its unbelievably stupid to ignore the whole point if a thread.

Shakyamunison
no expression

Its unbelievably stupid to ignore the whole point if a thread.

What if a thread does not have a point, or at least one that can be found? erm

Blaxican
My postwas edited out... sad

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blaxican
My postwas edited out... sad

confused How was it edited out? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What if a thread does not have a point, or at least one that can be found? erm

True but Alliance has a tendency to do things like just declare that god doesn't exist rather than bothering with the thread.

Alliance
tendancy impies a trend. If I think a question is pertenant I'll bring it up. I often argue given preconditions.

It was raised in response to your comment, not to the original question posed by the thread.

No religion really portrays an assy god. It doesn't make sense. If god is assy, no religion is correct, and then there is not a real good reason to belive in god in the first place.

Symmetric Chaos
tendancy impies a trend. If I think a question is pertenant I'll bring it up. I often argue given preconditions.

It was raised in response to your comment, not to the original question posed by the thread.

No religion really portrays an assy god. It doesn't make sense. If god is assy, no religion is correct, and then there is not a real good reason to belive in god in the first place.

The thread (and my comment) had nothing to do with god as described in religion.

Alliance
God is primarily described in religion, wheather it is a large org like Christianity or your own personal rituals.

I stand by my comment.

Imperial_Samura
The thread (and my comment) had nothing to do with god as described in religion.

How many Gods/gods are there without religions? If I am not mistaken most God's are delivered to the masses by a religious medium with that religions spin.

Gregory
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
How many Gods/gods are there without religions? If I am not mistaken most God's are delivered to the masses by a religious medium with that religions spin.

There's no particular reason you couldn't have a God without a religion. That is, just because God existed, it wouldn't follow naturally that some group of humans have managed to get the inside scoop on him.

King Nothing
God doesn't play jokes...but he might give us a joint.

Mindship
Well...

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
(Voltaire)

Though I imagine these days He might say something more like,
"Everyone...lighten up."

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Gregory
There's no particular reason you couldn't have a God without a religion. That is, just because God existed, it wouldn't follow naturally that some group of humans have managed to get the inside scoop on him.

Yet in most cases of a God or gods we learn of them and they are represented through a religion of some sort.

Of course it is possible to have a God without a religion, but then we likely wouldn't know of it, because the moment a God seems to become known a religion conveniently pops up to tell us all about it.

Tengu
Yes any god that would create a world like this is probably an ass. i dont see how? its not like its his fault the world is so ****ed up right now

Trickster
Without going into reasons as to why the state of the world is God's fault, he could easily fix it if he wanted.

Alfheim
True but Alliance has a tendency to do things like just declare that god doesn't exist rather than bothering with the thread.

Yeah he does stuff like that sometimes. roll eyes (sarcastic)

§P0oONY
Primarily need to understand the world. Thirst for power came later, around 200-300 CE.

laughing out loud

Thirst for power came long before that... Peloponnesian War as just a little example.

lord xyz

§P0oONY
Originally posted by lord xyz
I think he means the usage of religion as a way to get power came later. I don't know to be honest.
If that's what he meant why suggest dates?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by TRH

TRH, God did not create religion, society did. God intended for humanity to be reunited with Him in fellowship through His Son's sacrifice.

Jesus Christ came so that we may have LIFE--not myriads of religions and denominations--LIFE. This is the crux of the Bible. God wants EVERYONE to have eternal life not cling to some religion, tradition, or denomination. Let these words sink down into your ears.

The word religion is in the Bible (I know this) but Jesus never used it personally. What we saved folk have is fellowship with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, not religion.

Religion is a means to an end. The end being a relationship (fellowship) with God. That is what people are searching for. But instead of coming to God through Jesus (as the Bible instructs) people have tried to get to God through self-effort (i.e., this man-made thing called religion). Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is not some "thing" out in a vacuum. It is something that is man-made for the purpose of approaching God. But it is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. God and religion don't compute.

Religion is man's greatest effort and attempt to reach God. But Jesus is God's simple Way to God. God made it simple. Man through his trillions of false gods and religions has made getting to God difficult.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
TRH, God did not create religion, society did. God intended for humanity to be reunited with Him in fellowship through His Son's sacrifice.

Jesus Christ came so that we may have LIFE--not myriads of religions and denominations--LIFE. This is the crux of the Bible. God wants EVERYONE to have eternal life not cling to some religion, tradition, or denomination. Let these words sink down into your ears.

The word religion is in the Bible (I know this) but Jesus never used it personally. What we saved folk have is fellowship with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, not religion.

Religion is a means to an end. The end being a relationship (fellowship) with God. That is what people are searching for. But instead of coming to God through Jesus (as the Bible instructs) people have tried to get to God through self-effort (i.e., this man-made thing called religion). Religion has nothing to do with God. Religion is not some "thing" out in a vacuum. It is something that is man-made for the purpose of approaching God. But it is not the answer. Jesus is the answer. God and religion don't compute.

Religion is man's greatest effort and attempt to reach God. But Jesus is God's simple Way to God. God made it simple. Man through his trillions of false gods and religions has made getting to God difficult.

Man also created your God....and Christianity is a religion. Sorry to burst your bubble ....

TRH

I monitar this very closly no need for a PM and this was ment as a joke seeing as I do not belive in god and yes christianity is a religon

Symmetric Chaos

The word religion is in the Bible (I know this) but Jesus never used it personally.

What the f**k?

TRH
What the f**k? I know

Regret
The word religion is in the Bible (I know this) but Jesus never used it personally. Not much of the Bible was, particularly if you are reading an English translation.

fini
The Poorly retranslated english version mind you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tengu
i dont see how? its not like its his fault the world is so ****ed up right now

Last time I checked God was . . . a know . . . a supreme deity that created the universe.

Omnipotence + Creating A Universe + A Really F*cked Up World = God is impotent, irresponsibile or an ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.