The many talents of Ronald Weasley?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

doan_m
It appears that for the most part every major character has some really special talent going for them, or they possess a distinct and unique trait that makes them who they are as a character. Hermoine Granger is the biggest bookworm around, Harry Potter is a talented Seeker who knows how to make a good Patronus at what is considered to be a very young age, Snape was a highly talented potion's master, Fred and George are famous(if not infamous) for having one of the better joke shops around with unique products that they made themselves, and Hagrid is very knowledgeable in magical creatures. Unfortunately I cannot actually see any distinct or unique talents for Ronald Weasley, who for me, mainly remains distinct because of his arachnophobia. Now... is there any distinct talent that Ronald Weasley possesses that I am not aware of?

siriuswriter
Besides being an extremely loyal friend...?

Barker
Comic relief..?

Fred and George don't get too much book time.

doan_m
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Besides being an extremely loyal friend...?
Being a loyal friend is a nice thing and all but it certainly does not count as actual talent. Harry is also a loyal friend towards Ron and so is Hermoine(6th book points to them going beyond friendship)

Unicor777
Ronald is the best chess player in Hogwarts, if you have forgotten he beated the chess charm that Minerva casted to protect Nikola's stone

TragicFairyTale
Originally posted by Unicor777
Ronald is the best chess player in Hogwarts, if you have forgotten he beated the chess charm that Minerva casted to protect Nikola's stone

Very true. I had forgotten all about that. With all the drama revolving around everyone else, its easy to forget something that rarely comes up like that, but he is the best chess player. That can certainly be considered a talent. -Nods-

H. S. 6
The chess is a good point.

This is actually a good question. I'll have to think about it...

Denniz234
woopdy f****n doo he can play chess, i will bet my life that playing chess wont help to defeat voldemort. The only reason he is in the book is coz rowling didn't want ginger people to feel left out

The Phantom
Originally posted by Denniz234
woopdy f****n doo he can play chess, i will bet my life that playing chess wont help to defeat voldemort. The only reason he is in the book is coz rowling didn't want ginger people to feel left out *Watches as respect level lowers*

H. S. 6
i will bet my life that playing chess wont help to defeat voldemort.

It already has.

So there goes that theory.

Barker
Originally posted by H. S. 6
It already has.

PWNT.

Denniz234
Originally posted by H. S. 6
It already has.

No it didn't. If it did then Voldemort would not have been around in the last 5 books.

H. S. 6
No it didn't. If it did then Voldemort would not have been around in the last 5 books.

Actually, if Ron wasn't the master he is at chess, Voldemort would have acquired the Sorcerer's Stone, and gained virtual immortality, beyond what he has even now.

Perhaps his abilities at chess didn't defeat Voldemort completely, but to suggest that they didn't help at all is nothing short of denial.

Sorry.

TragicFairyTale
If you want to get into it like that, than wouldn't the same be said for Harry or Hermione and even the Ministry of Magic or Dumbledore as no one has been able to defeat Voldemort? Do their talents not matter because they also didn't defeat him?

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by doan_m
It appears that for the most part every major character has some really special talent going for them, or they possess a distinct and unique trait that makes them who they are as a character. Hermoine Granger is the biggest bookworm around, Harry Potter is a talented Seeker who knows how to make a good Patronus at what is considered to be a very young age, Snape was a highly talented potion's master, Fred and George are famous(if not infamous) for having one of the better joke shops around with unique products that they made themselves, and Hagrid is very knowledgeable in magical creatures. Unfortunately I cannot actually see any distinct or unique talents for Ronald Weasley, who for me, mainly remains distinct because of his arachnophobia. Now... is there any distinct talent that Ronald Weasley possesses that I am not aware of?

In the 2nd book, he stole the car, and drove it to school with Harry. Now I don't know how to define that, maybe as shrewdness and resourcefulnesssrug. Hadn't it been for that car, and indirectly Ron's resourcefulness, they'd have been eaten in the forest by those spiders and would have died.

doan_m
You know I just completely forgotten he was a good Keeper for the gryffindor team when he is on form.

melane
You know I just completely forgotten he was a good Keeper for the gryffindor team when he is on form.
...Good for you??

Demonic Phoenix

But how will he being a keeper for the team help? Especially since JKR said that there won't be quidditch in the last book?

doan_m
thats really not a point of discussion to bring it up since I was merely trying to find anything that would be considered talent worthy. It does not necessarily have to be a talent against Voldemort.

~Pielover~
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
But how will he being a keeper for the team help? Especially since JKR said that there won't be quidditch in the last book? Doesn't mean there won't be a situation where Quidditch skills would be applicable.

I.E: 4th book. No quidditch, but Seeker skills helped Harry.

Maybe the Horcrux will be flung at a fireplace 50 feet in the air, and Ron'll have to catch it.

doan_m
Originally posted by melane
...Good for you??

I'm the OP, so its blatantly obvious that the answer is: yes. Yes it is good for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.