Little Big Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Since alot of you prefer the Wii, I figured you'd like "Little Big Planet".

It's weird-looking but quite beautiful though. Nice textures:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17548&type=mov

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17602&type=mov

MadMel
now theres a ps3 game that i would acutally buy
too bad im not paying $1000 for a ps3 erm

Draco69
Another vid:

It's kinda like Myspace. You can design your own levels and have them available for download on Home. Very Cool:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17579&type=mov

The brown zipper bear is adorable....

smile

§P0oONY
How the hell is it anything like Myspace?

Draco69
Sony seems to be going towards the Myspace angle with their games and online system Home.

You can design your home and levels like you can design your webpage for everyone to see.

Ness
Originally posted by Draco69
Sony seems to be going towards the Myspace angle with their games and online system Home.

You can design your home and levels like you can design your webpage for everyone to see.

More like Second Life than MySpace..

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2509/piece5dp7.jpg

InnerRise

G U I T A R
Originally posted by MadMel
now theres a ps3 game that i would acutally buy
too bad im not paying $1000 for a ps3 erm

They dont cost that much lol. bash

General Kaliero
Originally posted by G U I T A R
They dont cost that much lol. bash

Madmel's in Australia. PS3 is $1000 over there.

Little Big Planet looked interesting in the demo. Consoles need more 2.5D sidescrollers.

And was anyone else watching it thinking "this must be Sony's answer to Viva Pinata"?

As for the other thing... yeah. It's Second Life.

InnerRise
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the exact same thing.

And I was one of the idiots who bought that GOD AWFUL GAME. weep

When I get a Playstation Three, I'll probably get this too. sadwalk

Am I the only one who thought HOME was kind of like a rip off of THE SIMS as well?

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

SaTsuJiN
omg awesome... this game will sell the ps3, IMO...
and this is the kind of creative thinking that sony should have been all over to begin with

General Kaliero
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
omg awesome... this game will sell the ps3, IMO...
and this is the kind of creative thinking that sony should have been all over to begin with

Agreed. While this alone isn't enough to make me want a PS3, it's definitely helping.

The level editor is great, too. Especially being able to upload and picture you like and then add it.

...now that I think about it, that will mean SOMEBODY will create a Mario-styled level.

SaTsuJiN
cant stop..watching...those videos... *eyes glazed over with images of squishy sack-people*

Lana
Okay, that looks insanely cute.

My little sister (who's 5) thinks it looks cool, too stick out tongue

Puzzle
Originally posted by General Kaliero
...now that I think about it, that will mean SOMEBODY will create a Mario-styled level.

That would be ****ing awesome. shock

MadMel
lmao GK stick out tongue

General Kaliero
You can edit the characters, right? Just you wait, soon after the game comes out there'll be a red-shirt-and-overalls pattern going around.

MadMel
and green tunics with a tri force symbol on them laughing

General Kaliero
This game needs the ability to upload music, too... Little Big Planet could potentially become anything... this is one awesome game!

MadMel
yea
bout time the ps3 did something right big grin

Draco69
I never realized this game would be so popular here....

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks.

I'm personally more excited about Heavenly Sword.

Impediment
(Peach & GK: I used the engine to find an existing thread, and this is all that came up.)

I just downloaded the PS3 demo and WOW! WOW! WOW!

I am so buying this game! I never gave Little Big Planet much of a thought, but now that I have played the demo, I am sold.

Impediment
Nobody has any info about this game? I'd really appreciate some input as I am very enthusiastic about this game.

Neo Darkhalen
It looks (and from what my friends say, is) an amazing game.

They are also adding Water to the game very soon.

TheOneBumGun
Originally posted by Impediment
Nobody has any info about this game? I'd really appreciate some input as I am very enthusiastic about this game. You need people for that? Try IGN or something. no expression

I need to buy some skins and download peoples levels, I haven't used it to its potention much. Too hard and time consuming making up a level.

Are there any Mario levels people have made or other game levels?

§P0oONY
There are plenty of Mario levels.

TheOneBumGun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ1rWNUbjRQ

I want!!

Impediment
Originally posted by TheOneBumGun
You need people for that? Try IGN or something.

I want to hear the opinions from other members on this board.

The game, so far, is awesome! I love the awesome graphics and physics.

Playing online is kind've a pain in the ass. since all, or 99% of, the players I've met, are dumbasses who can't play worth a damn.

I wont try to create a level, just yet.

Impediment
I'm currently taking a break from FF XIII and I decided to dust off LittleBigPlanet for the afternoon.

I forgot how much fun this game is!

I've been playing some amazingly cool stages created by other players.

The best one I have played, so far, is a very cool Star Wars: Episode V level.

It's a shame that nobody else is playing this game.

§P0oONY
It was the tipping point in my decision to purchase a PS3 and it's a game with more charm than Hugh Grant. I have not played it in ages. Last thing I did was play through the story missions again with a friend (which has to be the most annoying thing in the world, as he was dreadful and he kept on eating up the lives.) Really fun game, I enjoy looking through the online content but I wish there were more missions added by the developers. The online levels are so hit and miss. (granted, looking up 9/11 is still ****ing hilarious.)

Warden
9/11? Now I have to go search that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.