Post-Civil War: Yay or Nay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Anti-Registration Lost.

The Initiative is enstated.

America is now a police state.

Iron Man is head of SHIELD.

Heroes can be drafted against their will at anytime.

Oh and Captain f***ing America was gunned down like dog.

As of now are you pro-reg or anti-reg?

capt it up
ant-i I can't wait to see wolverine and spiderman beat in some heads.

Nick fury and winter soldier as well

also I think the falcon is ronin

TricksterPriest
Hulk needs to come back and beat some pro-reg ass. cool

SpunkySmurph
Personally, I'm tired of anti and pro reg, and am now in full antipication for WWH.

I suppose I'm just waiting for Yoda to pop in right before WWH and solemnly say, stick in hand:

"Over, the SHRA is. Just begun, this war has."

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Personally, I'm tired of anti and pro reg, and am now in full antipication for WWH.

I suppose I'm just waiting for Yoda to pop in right before WWH and solemnly say, stick in hand:

"Over, the SHRA is. Just begun, this war has."

hysterical Co-signed. and that yoda part is hilarious. "Strongest, Hulk is." "Hulk like little green friend."

capt it up
yoda would rape the hulk and make him his *****

Martian_mind
and then do the same to Windu..... shifty

capt it up
in his dreams .

Martian_mind
No,In his prime Qui-gon was able to stalemate Windu in a lightsaber contest,and Yoda tought Qui-gon,Yoda pwns.

Lucid Lui
Haven't seen enough of how the whole SHRA operates regularly for me to really be able to decide just yet.

But i'm naturally inclined towards Anti.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
No,In his prime Qui-gon was able to stalemate Windu in a lightsaber contest,and Yoda tought Qui-gon,Yoda pwns.
no he was not, stop listing to wiki bull shit

mace was the grand master of all light saber styles. it means he was the most skilled light saber fighter in the jedi order. He would stomp all over qui-gon.

jumpmann
i bet i could take him

Martian_mind
Originally posted by capt it up
no he was not, stop listing to wiki bull shit

mace was the grand master of all light saber styles. it means he was the most skilled light saber fighter in the jedi order. He would stomp all over qui-gon.

.....He never did anything to prove his superiority over Yoda.

Yoda was weakened by the feelings of death fromall the dead Jedi and he fought Sidious in an area far more beneficial to Sidious style then Mace did,as Sidious was an acrobatic fighter like Yoda,and he was cramped in that office,not to mention it could be easily argued that he lost to Windu on purpose to lure Anakin to the Darkseid.

Yoda has shown more skill,speed and attunement to the force then Windu ever did.

DarkCrawler
I say yay. As anti-climatically as Civil War itself was handled, the post-CW Marvel seems interesting and new.

Darth Macabre
I'm anit....I think post-civil war Marvel is gross, personally. That's why, even though I hate Brubaker's writing, Uncanny X-Men is my favorite book right now.

Symmetric Chaos
At this point anti-reg. However I want to see how Shield handles WWH by using the Initiative.

capt it up
.....He never did anything to prove his superiority over Yoda.

Yoda was weakened by the feelings of death fromall the dead Jedi and he fought Sidious in an area far more beneficial to Sidious style then Mace did,as Sidious was an acrobatic fighter like Yoda,and he was cramped in that office,not to mention it could be easily argued that he lost to Windu on purpose to lure Anakin to the Darkseid.

Yoda has shown more skill,speed and attunement to the force then Windu ever did.

false he stated as the best fighter. His style was supierior and it granted him speed beyond any other jedi.

sideous had all the room he needed to flipp around he got beat by his superior. Also you can argue that all you wish the sid le thim self lose, but you be lieing. The official site it self neevr makes refferences to it at all it simply said mace wins.

also yoda was feelign weak because the jedi died? Dude don't give me that bull. That was never stated or in any way true

"V"
Take it to the Star Wars forum.

I'm with DC, Marvel Earth looks extremely interesting and there are definetly several things to look forward to.

Dan Slott's Avengers: The Intiative ongoing definetly at the top of my list.

Hercules
Originally posted by "V"

Co Signed.

Back on topic, I was always anti reg, the ends do not justify the means, I'm looking forward to a little retribution on Iron Man and Reed in WWH, if the rumour is true and Hercules is going to help him then it will be all the sweeter.

I agree its an interesting time in the Marvel Universe right now, people thought Cap getting killed was a cheap way to go out, I actually enjoyed the story.

The fact that he was assasinated rather than dieing in battle means that feelings will be stirred up, Cap was still an idol to an entire country despite that people didn't agree with what he was doing.

To see him die on the steps of a court house in front of the nation, should have some shocking repercussions down the line, I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it.

capt it up
Originally posted by "V"

I'm with DC, Marvel Earth looks extremely interesting and there are definetly several things to look forward to.

Dan Slott's Avengers: The Intiative ongoing definetly at the top of my list.
my bad.

new avenegers looks good and Is till think ronin is the falcon

marvelprince
Originally posted by Hercules
Co Signed.

Back on topic, I was always anti reg, the ends do not justify the means, I'm looking forward to a little retribution on Iron Man and Reed in WWH, if the rumour is true and Hercules is going to help him then it will be all the sweeter.

I agree its an interesting time in the Marvel Universe right now, people thought Cap getting killed was a cheap way to go out, I actually enjoyed the story.

The fact that he was assasinated rather than dieing in battle means that feelings will be stirred up, Cap was still an idol to an entire country despite that people didn't agree with what he was doing.

To see him die on the steps of a court house in front of the nation, should have some shocking repercussions down the line, I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it.

QFT. I'll also like to add that I looking reading way more titles now as a result of Civil War.

And is it just me or are the choices in the poll a bit extreme? I'm pro reg but I don't feel the need to take a piss on the legend of WWII.

grey fox
Was Anti then , am still Anti now .

Stark is a facist douchebag .

boriquaking55
Wheres the fifth option: ghey?

willRules
Loved Civil War, Loving post Civil War (Cap's gone, AAAAHH the MU just lost it's moral nougaty core and replaced it with a more creamy caramel initiative) I think both sides had valid points but I personally favoured anti-reg, that's why I loved it when Pro-reg won and Cap died. Shows Marvel has testicles yes

Superherovandal
Pro Reg was okay till Stark tried to instigate a war with Atlantis to achieve his ends. What a douchebag. I know that the SHRA is kinda important to him but to risk war with one of the most powerful nations on the planet with the most versatility when it comes to warground is plain stupid. I mean come on. They own 70-80% of the world and have tons of places from which to attack. I was anti-reg but i couldn't rule out Pro-reg. But now i am truly with Spidey. and i hate the way Sally shouted at Cap about how he didn't understand US because he didn't know Myspace or Paris Hilton and how an idiot he was for Civil War but she cockstroked Stark and praised him for basically almost starting a war with Atlantis on purpose and how she totally was behind him. She needs to be shot and so does Stark.

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
Anti-Registration Lost.

The Initiative is enstated.

America is now a police state.

Iron Man is head of SHIELD.

Heroes can be drafted against their will at anytime.

Oh and Captain f***ing America was gunned down like dog.

As of now are you pro-reg or anti-reg?

i was and still am anti reg... i hope the rebels do some serious damage to the new regime...

Grimm22
WWH? I'm done with crossovers for a while

I'm really not very hyped up about this.

And I'm sure as hell not picking up WWH: Frontline, after two crappy miniseries by Jenkins (Generation M and Frontline) I'm not going to give marvel any more of my money for such crap

Martian_mind
Don't worry......BRB and BB will make a team called the flying B's and pwn hulk

pr1983
i thought civil war in general was a bit of a let down... for a series thats supposed to define the future of marvel i was sort of expecting... i dunno... more...

xmeat
Don't worry......BRB and BB will make a team called the flying B's and pwn hulk right roll eyes (sarcastic)

NiņoAraņa
I SAY NAY!...

sad Cap is dead, you bastards....

Black Adam
Originally posted by pr1983
i thought civil war in general was a bit of a let down... for a series thats supposed to define the future of marvel i was sort of expecting... i dunno... more...

Yeah. I still trust Bru and slott to come out with Gold out of this whole mess. I'm eagerly awaiting the initiative ongoing and waiting to see what Bru has planned for the cap book now that cap is dead.

Grimm22
If anything this is just a sign that Mark Millar was right, the comic industry is due for another downfall

I mean look at the similarities between right now and the 90's

-To many crossovers

-To many books

-And books just aren't very well written anymore

I seriously am considering to stop reading comics. I don't know if this is because i'm trying to focus on school or if its because how I seem to shell out $40 bucks every week for a bunch of mediocre crap

Don't get me wrong there are still some awesome comics out there, but the majority of books just aren't living up to their potential and are just used to get more sales.

Just looking back at what I bought this week, litterley half of the book I got I really found to be a waste of money (The Initiative, Uncanny Xmen, The Authority, Mighty Avengers, Bullet Points and 52).

And killing off one of my favorite characters (Cap) just for the shock factor really pisses me off.

Grimm22
I've decided I'm going to drop quite a few books from Marvel..

-Mighty Avengers

-New Avengers

-Uncanny Xmen (NOTHING HAPPENS!)

-Punisher: War Journal

and a bunch of others

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
If anything this is just a sign that Mark Millar was right, the comic industry is due for another downfall

-To many crossovers

-To many books

I seriously am considering to stop reading comics. I don't know if this is because i'm trying to focus on school or if its because how I seem to shell out $40 bucks every week for a bunch of mediocre crap

Don't get me wrong there are still some awesome comics out there, but the majority of books just aren't living up to their potential and are just used to get more sales.

Just looking back at what I bought this week, litterley half of the book I got I really found to be a waste of money (The Initiative, Uncanny Xmen, The Authority, Mighty Avengers, Bullet Points and 52).

And killing off one of my favorite characters (Cap) just for the shock factor really pisses me off.

I don't really see how you can compare right now to the 90's, considering sales are doing quite well. Too bad you're dropping books, especially when I'm picking up new titles. Aw well, circle of life I guess

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
I don't really see how you can compare right now to the 90's, considering sales are doing quite well. Too bad you're dropping books, especially when I'm picking up new titles. Aw well, circle of life I guess

Sales were good in the 90's to, but then they dropped horribly because people began to realize that the industry had lost its magic

pr1983
Originally posted by Black Adam
Yeah. I still trust Bru and slott to come out with Gold out of this whole mess. I'm eagerly awaiting the initiative ongoing and waiting to see what Bru has planned for the cap book now that cap is dead.

it'd better be good... marvel could be digging its own grave if it doesnt handle this properly...

-To many crossovers

-To many books

i see what you mean, and i agree pretty much, both companies could do with some serious sorting out...

still though, for all the crap but there are some damn fine books...

Soujaboy
First Thor, now Cap. Iron Man, well he's become a *****. What has happened to my beloved Avengers? What has happened to Marvel comics?cry

willRules
I've decided I'm going to drop quite a few books from Marvel..

-Mighty Avengers

-New Avengers

-Uncanny Xmen (NOTHING HAPPENS!)

-Punisher: War Journal

and a bunch of others

eek! Ok I agree except for the art, mighty avengers was very meh, but New, new, new, newer than new, post-civil war, cool street level except naff Dr Strange with rainbow magic, new, new Avengers is good.

I enjoyed the Civil War initiative one shot, I'm enjoying Cap at the moment as well as some stuff I'm trying to get in trade (Batman/Red hood stuff)

And I'm really looking forward to the Fallen Son mini series ad the Namor miniseries yesn

tjcoady

Count Dooku taught Qui-gon how to use a lightsaber, not Yoda. Mace Windu probably comes about a notch below Yoda in terms of skill, mainly because they use such different fighting styles.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.