Miss the old?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Rock
Other who miss the good ol comics from the 60s? When it was ACTION, not talking all the time. Where the drawings was simple and attractive, and not the art that makes it too serious to be fun today?

I miss good oldschool comicssad Other who does so?

OB1-adobe
If comics stayed the same since the 60's there would be no reason to appreciate them like you do now.

Its like 50 years from now people are going to be like "Remember when comics used to be on paper, ah the good old days!"

Lord Rock
It would be great if they started a new thing, like the Ultimate Universe, where it was drawn in the old style...

And yeah, but back then, you could TRUELY enjoy comicssad

OB1-adobe
I'm a strong advocate on believing Comics, or just Marvel and DC, should stop in the next 20 years. Meaning end their universes. For the sake of not continuesly beating a dead horse.

Save all a that paper and start releasing their legacy as the DC archives and Marvel masterworks books

Lord Rock
They should stop in 5 years and do so. Comics are getting old... AND THEN, there should rise a new company filled with originality and GOOD fights and simple drawingssmile

Lord Rock
wrong thread...
i saydes something wrong, edited

Galan007
I don't know about the 60's, but I miss comics from the 80's..... IMO that was the comic era's best years.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
If comics stayed the same since the 60's there would be no reason to appreciate them like you do now.

Its like 50 years from now people are going to be like "Remember when comics used to be on paper, ah the good old days!"

We can say that now, actually. Considering that comics already exist in digital or flash format; it's just a matter of time before paper is completely obsolete.

Lord Rock
GG, paper wont die. Think of the schoolswink

Mindship
Originally posted by Lord Rock
Other who miss the good ol comics from the 60s? When it was ACTION, not talking all the time. Where the drawings was simple and attractive, and not the art that makes it too serious to be fun today?

I miss good oldschool comicssad Other who does so?

I do.

First a sidenote: though today's comic art sometimes has me thinking, "This guy can't draw!" for the most part, it is stunning. Today's art is as far beyond the art then as the art then was beyond my own Flair and colored-pencil comic drawings.

I also like some of the variations, eg, Marvel's Ultimate series (though not at first; it grew on me). It's cool seeing some stories done with modern sensibilities

Plus, I think DC has done a bang-up job with character development, instead of the outright silliness which characterized so much of their stuff in the 60s.

That said: what I miss about the '60s comics is the simplicity and novelty that today is just plain gone (remember when Galactus was King, and that's it?).

Plus I miss Stan and Jack at the helm.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't know about the 60's, but I miss comics from the 80's..... IMO that was the comic era's best years.

I second that *sigh* No bloody Wolverine series.

Alfheim
edit

Flame On!!
I miss the older comics. I enjoy the newer ones. Supermans never ending battle will never permenantly end and the day comics are only downloaded is when I will stop reading them.

Flame On!!
I miss the older comics. I enjoy the newer ones. Supermans never ending battle will never permenantly end and the day comics are only downloaded is when I will stop reading them.

Flame On!!
I miss the older comics. I enjoy the newer ones. Superman's never ending battle will never permanently end and the day comics are only downloaded is when I will stop reading them.

Flame On!!
I miss the older comics. I enjoy the newer ones. Superman's never ending battle will never permanently end and the day comics are only downloaded is when I will stop reading them.

Flame On!!
what the hell four posts!!

"V"
Not in the slighest.

I miss them in the way you miss things from your childhood, "oh it used to be so great back then" but it wasnt ALL good. Either way, I'd be a fool and a liar if I said I didn't enjoy new comics just as much.

Lord Rock
Originally posted by Mindship
I do.

First a sidenote: though today\\\'s comic art sometimes has me thinking, \\\"This guy can\\\'t draw!\\\" for the most part, it is stunning. Today\\\'s art is as far beyond the art then as the art then was beyond my own Flair and colored-pencil comic drawings.

I also like some of the variations, eg, Marvel\\\'s Ultimate series (though not at first; it grew on me). It\\\'s cool seeing some stories done with modern sensibilities

Plus, I think DC has done a bang-up job with character development, instead of the outright silliness which characterized so much of their stuff in the 60s.

That said: what I miss about the \\\'60s comics is the simplicity and novelty that today is just plain gone (remember when Galactus was King, and that\\\'s it?).

Plus I miss Stan and Jack at the helm.

Yeah, when the storys were simple, but enjoyable

Flame On!!
Yeah, when the storys were simple, but enjoyable

lol \\ smile

- FO!!

Lord Rock
Originally posted by \"V\"
Not in the slighest.

I miss them in the way you miss things from your childhood, \"oh it used to be so great back then\" but it wasnt ALL good. Either way, I\'d be a fool and a liar if I said I didn\'t enjoy new comics just as much.

The new art is kinda tooo... welldrawn. realistic

Flame On!!

\\ agreed

smile

- FO!!

"V"

I don't think so.

Comics have come into a newer age, the things you see in comics now a days wouldn't be allowed back in the "good old days" (like the stuff you see in some MAX or Vertigo comics). The realism of the comics increase, as does the art. Everything improves over time.

Lord Rock
Realism ruins the comics. If you want to read Captain America, you dont want conversions and boring emotions, you actually want to see fight and action

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I'm a strong advocate on believing Comics, or just Marvel and DC, should stop in the next 20 years. Meaning end their universes. For the sake of not continuesly beating a dead horse.

Save all a that paper and start releasing their legacy as the DC archives and Marvel masterworks books

Let me semi rephrase my opinion a little.

It may be a better idea to stop doing continous issues every month.

and start releasing graphic novels or trade paperback and have that be the continuity.

Its simpler, they'll gain more readership that way. Probably lose some too though.

Have a certain title and what not come out with one 3 times a year.

Does anybody else thinks its a little redundant anymore when you walk in on Wesndays and see how books come out in one week.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.