Storm vs Cyclops

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2damnloud
big grin

golem370
Storm makes fog so Cyclops can't see her then she frys him with lighting.

golem370
She could also hover a few hundreds of feet above cyclops and then strike him there

crimsonphoenix
Originally posted by golem370
Storm gets shot before she makes fog so Cyclops win Even if storm make sthe fog, if Cyclops wants to kill everything, he takes his visor off and looks all around him, no way Storm is fast enough to do all this without getting killed by one eye.

8urs
She could just hit him with lightning. Fast and effective.

crimsonphoenix
Originally posted by 8urs
She could just hit him with lightning. Fast and effective. he could just blast her, fast and effictive. confused

starlock
storm 9/10

the way i see this is who is more defensive,storm has the potential to summon tornado's, wind shields and such to block a blast from cyclops(at any angle if she has a wind collumn around her) now on the other hand what can cyke do to protect himself from freezing to death,or multi direction lightnig strikes?
not that any of this will work,but in the just the fact that it can happen i have to go with storm

so if its a who goes first wins match,i have to give it to storm for the reasons i stated

Soljer
This has been done.

It's a fast draw scenario.

Blair Wind
Scott opens his eyes:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/howdysaysthedrow/X-Men/Blast3.jpg

He wins no expression

crimsonphoenix
Originally posted by starlock
storm 9/10

the way i see this is who is more defensive,storm has the potential to summon tornado's, wind shields and such to block a blast from cyclops(at any angle if she has a wind collumn around her) now on the other hand what can cyke do to protect himself from freezing to death,or multi direction lightnig strikes?
not that any of this will work,but in the just the fact that it can happen i have to go with storm

so if its a who goes first wins match,i have to give it to storm for the reasons i stated What is Cyke doing while Storm is getting all defensive? Taking a shit? I doubt that, Cyke will blast her before she does or in the progress of trying to do something and I don't even think the wind could stop a visorless Scott....

8urs
Originally posted by crimsonphoenix
he could just blast her, fast and effictive. confused

Since when is he faster than lightning?

Validus
Cyclops

crimsonphoenix
Originally posted by 8urs
Since when is he faster than lightning? Since when is storm fast enough to make the lightining appear and aim at scott? Cyke just has to look at her with his visor off....

starlock
What is Cyke doing while Storm is getting all defensive? Taking a shit? I doubt that, Cyke will blast her before she does or in the progress of trying to do something and I don't even think the wind could stop a visorless Scott....

ok why show a scan of cyke without his visor? do you think people dont know what he can do? or was that to scare me from my opinon? now what do we do have a contest of scans of feats hehehe sorry i dont play those games

we dont know if she can sheild herself from a full optic blast( as you say you dont think so) what about absorbing some of the kinetic damage?,but WE DO KNOW HE CANT PROTECT HIMSELF FROM HER ATTACK is that hard to understand? so objectivley who wins? i am not a fanboy of either of them just an honest opinon

he has to take off his visor(or glasses),he has to hit the switch on his hand to operate the blast to controll it
what does storm do? tell me

starlock
Since when is storm fast enough to make the lightining appear and aim at scott? Cyke just has to look at her with his visor off....
why leave out the important part ? how are his glasses in his hands bullsh*t

crimsonphoenix
ok why show a scan of cyke without his visor? do you think people dont know what he can do? or was that to scare me from my opinon? now what do we do have a contest of scans of feats hehehe sorry i dont play those games

we dont know if she can sheild herself from a full optic blast( as you say you dont think so) what about absorbing some of the kinetic damage?,but WE DO KNOW HE CANT PROTECT HIMSELF FROM HER ATTACK is that hard to understand? so objectivley who wins? i am not a fanboy of either of them just an honest opinon

he has to take off his visor(or glasses),he has to hit the switch on his hand to operate the blast to controll it
what does storm do? tell me You are talking about all kinds of crap for storm to do but you forget she has to do some type of aim, actually look where he is and then do her vudoo to summon w/e( if it takes 2 seconds to do itshe still loses) Scott taking off his visor is faster than storm period.

crimsonphoenix
why leave out the important part ? how are his glasses in his hands bullsh*t He takes it off like I said a billion times which is still shorter than what Storm could do. You ever read him taking it off? he doesn't dance around and sell stuff on ebay then take it off, it just doesn't take that long.

xjustice69x
storm for the majority
shes got to many options and cyclops is not durable enuff to with stand any off them.

he will pull a few wins though

don't shiv
storm puts the champ on ice

starlock
He takes it off like I said a billion times which is still shorter than what Storm could do. You ever read him taking it off? he doesn't dance around and sell stuff on ebay then take it off, it just doesn't take that long.

your acting like a fanboy(fangirl),which i can respect believe it or not, i like cyclops a million times more than storm, but i am being objective

really how does she aim a tornado,or a hurricane,OMNIDIRECTIONAL ATTACKS ,she does not need to aim to lower the temp,she is immune
keep arguing instead of calmly analizing it and i will debate,but you acting like a child having a tantrim

starlock
Originally posted by xjustice69x
storm for the majority
shes got to many options and cyclops is not durable enuff to with stand any off them.

he will pull a few wins though
i can respect that ok he gets a couple of wins (and you did not resort to acting like a baby thank you)

crimsonphoenix
your acting like a fanboy(fangirl),which i can respect believe it or not, i like cyclops a million times more than storm, but i am being objective

really how does she aim a tornado,or a hurricane,OMNIDIRECTIONAL ATTACKS ,she does not need to aim to lower the temp,she is immune
keep arguing instead of calmly analizing it and i will debate,but you acting like a child having a tantrim I didn't know Tornados take no time at all to make and build up, I didn't know it goes faster than the speed of light and that it instantly forms around scott because he could simply take off his visor....

crimsonphoenix
i can respect that ok he gets a couple of wins (and you did not resort to acting like a baby thank you) How he get a couple wins then, when you can't beleive he gets a shot on her and she kills him instantly with 0 chance for cyke huh?

xjustice69x
I didn't know Tornados take no time at all to make and build up, I didn't know it goes faster than the speed of light and that it instantly forms around scott because he could simply take off his visor....
no thay do but it takes her no time to move her body to fly with the winds .
whats to say she cant just do the same to him ?
toss him around so he cant get a bead on her then zap!!!!!!!!

crimsonphoenix

whats to say she cant just do the same to him ?
Do you read Xmen? confused It doesn't seem like it sick

xjustice69x
not religously but i have. im not saying its a curb stomp just that she takes the majority7/10 or 6/10

to me it seems the women of the xmen comics are usualy the most power full members of the team.

now if you said hand to hand cyce wins 10/10 in my opinion

starlock
How he get a couple wins then, when you can't beleive he gets a shot on her and she kills him instantly with 0 chance for cyke huh?
do you read? i gave him one win because he is a leader and means more to me than storm and yeah he can get a quick win i did not say 0 percent so dont put words in my mouth,but i try and be objective cyke is a one trick pony,i can except that and still love him

starlock
not religously but i have. im not saying its a curb stomp just that she takes the majority7/10 or 6/10

to me it seems the women of the xmen comics are usualy the most power full members of the team.

now if you said hand to hand cyce wins 10/10 in my opinion

6/10 is a little much for me,and 10/10 in hand to hand,well he was an original student so i wont argue
hey did not storm beat cyclops for the rite to lead the xmen?

starlock
i have for 29 years how long have you?

Lord Rock
Cyclops wins. He shoots. She dies.

starlock
Originally posted by Lord Rock
Cyclops wins. He shoots. She dies.
awesome bebating skills you got there
she shoots he dies got you now eek!

Lord Rock
His optic blasts speed combined with his great aiming = she dies, int he case that you was ironic

starlock
His optic blasts speed combined with his great aiming = she dies, int he case that you was ironic
ok hard to understand but i will try,
1)how does he triiger his blast?
2) in character he wont kill her cmon,he will knock her out,i did not see the thread starter make any certain rules or to the death did you?
3) do you know his optic blast exact speed,ok if you do whats storms attack speed? hmmmm
4)what does storm do to start an attack?
if you are not informed try the respect threads they do wonders

Lord Rock
if cyclops holds back, it doesnt counts. and his blasts is fast as... a blastsmile thats faster than storm can activate her lightnings, and they are somewhat inaccurate

HandOfFate

Luckily, she has the uncanny ability of movement. wink

What I've always found interesting about that pic of Cyke blasting the sentinel is that it actually show a limit to the distance of his optic blast.

starlock
if cyclops holds back, it doesnt counts. and his blasts is fast as... a blastsmile thats faster than storm can activate her lightnings, and they are somewhat inaccurate

again hard to undertsand but...whats inacurate his speed of his blast or storms? or their target aim? how will storm aim a hurricane? cmon use logic,it hits from all angles,
of course it counts, for as a fan of cyke you should know that,i am not using it to put down cyke,cmon have long have you been debating

i asked you how does cyke blast? he has to take off his glasses or activate the visor from his palm of his hand? am i making a mistake please let me know?

so since he has to activate it in some manner other than thought be reasonable, if any of this is not clear than by logic storm wins the majority as i have stated my reasons in this thread(SHE HAS A CHANCE TO DEFEND HERSELF FROM A OPTIC BLAST! HE CANNOT PROTECT HIMSELF FROM 90% OF HER ATTACKS), i can understand someone debating how many wins i gave storm thats cool, i never put scott down he is by far my favorite over storm,but i can be objective
even my most hated enemy on these boards(if i have one) would agree

Lord Rock
Cyclops win. I dont wanna debate this debate.

Superboy Prime
Scott doesn't even need his visor anymore. He won't waste time taking his visor off and unload on her with the full power optic blasts. He will just look at her and bam. She's destroyed along with everything in the block.

Besides they once fought for leadership of the X-men, and although she won she did it because she removed his visor, and since then he had no control over his powers he quit. Such a scenario will not happen again.

starlock
Cyclops win. I dont wanna debate this debate.

i can see that,your not addresing my points so i kinda figured that
and should it not be i cant debate this debate?

starlock
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Scott doesn't even need his visor anymore. He won't waste time taking his visor off and unload on her with the full power optic blasts. He will just look at her and bam. She's destroyed along with everything in the block.

Besides they once fought for leadership of the X-men, and although she won she did it because she removed his visor, and since then he had no control over his powers he quit. Such a scenario will not happen again.

oh my god i cant believe it,btw did you read the comics that cyclops says he cant use his powers? thats why he does not use a visor, show me or tell me what issue it is from that he just BAM OPENS HIS EYES and does not need a visor?

storm won the leadership end of story,dont try and put it in a different light,do i need to post the rules of the forum? it says unless otherwise noted characters will be in character for the forum fights

Swanky-Tuna
2cloud, do you look up any of your threads before making them?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369741& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Storm+Cyclops%29+forumid%
3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=332935& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Storm+Cyclops%29+forumid%
3A77

Superboy Prime
LoL. True he is powerless. God knows what came over me...still Cyclops should still beat storm. As some posters mentioned earlier it is a quickdraw scenario and Cyclop's powers works great for that.

starlock
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
2cloud, do you look up any of your threads before making them?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=369741& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Storm+Cyclops%29+forumid%
3A77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=332935& amp;highlight=title%3A%28Storm+Cyclops%29+forumid%
3A77
man you must really wanna be a moderator huh,this must be the third thread you have pointed that out in good looking out.

i dont believe in the search function because of the threads being 4- 5 years old and according to the rules we have to use current characters unles other wise stated so it really does not make sense,
they just want to save space which is good and all but does not help the threads

starlock
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
LoL. True he is powerless. God knows what came over me...still Cyclops should still beat storm. As some posters mentioned earlier it is a quickdraw scenario and Cyclop's powers works great for that.
well at least you can laugh at it lol i like that

we can disagree but i do make some good points, she has a chance to defend herself he does not,i think in my opinon thats seals the debate
ok we can argue who is faster cool,but my point can it be argued? thats all i am saying when looked at and thought out,to me it makes it in her favor

Swanky-Tuna
man you must really wanna be a moderator huh,this must be the third thread you have pointed that out in good looking out.

i dont believe in the search function because of the threads being 4- 5 years old and according to the rules we have to use current characters unles other wise stated so it really does not make sense,
they just want to save space which is good and all but does not help the threads
I don't like seeing big 20-40 page threads go to waste. And if threads are that old I'm sure nobody cares if they just hijack it for themselves and change the character versions or equipment.

starlock
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I don't like seeing big 20-40 page threads go to waste. And if threads are that old I'm sure nobody cares if they just hijack it for themselves and change the character versions or equipment.

try going thru 40 pages of scans and pointless arguments its a major pain,and this forum is i thought for fans of comic books,not historians and researchers but i know your trying to be polite and helpfull, so thats cool smile

janus77
Cyclops.

here's looking at you kid wink
*zapp*
Storm? Storm?? Stoooorm .... oh bugger, I knew I should have shagged her sad

starlock
Originally posted by janus77
Cyclops.

here's looking at you kid wink
*zapp*
Storm? Storm?? Stoooorm .... oh bugger, I knew I should have shagged her sad
and she errects a wind colomn around her to block the blast,now she goes first -here comes a hurricane(now its your turn what does he do?)

janus77
he gets dizzy spells, innit big grin

his optic blasts should be far quicker and extremely accurate, given his mathematical - trigonometric - skills.

2damnloud
Storm can dodge Thor's hammer.

Storm can errct a pressure dome to deflect his blast.

Cyc has ZERO defense againt her lightning, winds, temp, hail, etc. etc.

Storm wins 8/10 maybe 10/10

grey fox
Originally posted by 2damnloud
Storm can dodge Thor's hammer.

Storm can errct a pressure dome to deflect his blast.

Cyc has ZERO defense againt her lightning, winds, temp, hail, etc. etc.

Storm wins 8/10 maybe 10/10

Amazing how these things can happen ftl isn't it.

*Sigh*

Storm is over-rated. Cyclops kills her in one hit and then the storm fanboys can choke on their own idiocy.

2damnloud
^are you mad???confused

laughing

grey fox
^are you mad???confused

Not particularly , though you may be, considering you think Storm wins in a 10/10.

Visor goes down , Storm goes down.

All the primping from Hudlin and pumping from fanboys wont do JACK SHIT to stop it.

End of.

Superherovandal
She won leadership because he didn't want to hurt her. That's end of story. How's that for a cheap win? She can't dodge Thor's hammer at least not for long it follows her. No pressure dome is going to block a blast that blew a hole in Onslaught. Since when would Storm in-character lightning strike a person with human durability?

2damnloud
^feelings being caughtroll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx
Cyclops 9/10.

yestinchong
Talking of Storm, i also read a lot about who would win in a fight between these two. The simple answer is the winner would be decided by the writer of the comic. However, these two have squared off in the past....

1. UXM # 155-ish: the issue where Scott finds out Corsair is his father and they face off the Sidri with Storm. Scott and O are having an impromptu game of patball - and by the looks of things, are very evenly matched. In the end, the score is tied, and Storm concedes that Scott is still "the best". What people can read into that (seeing as it was years ago) and the fact that it was only a game is entirely up to them.....but it does show how evenly matches these two are.

2. UXM #201: a Storm fan's favourite to quote when they want to lay a whole load of hate on Cyclops! Let's look at it a little more closely. Storm was powerless. Cyclops was using his lowest power beams. Storm could dodge his blasts, but my opinion (and it's only that) is that she was reading his intentions and dodging those. She isn't otherwise fast enough to dodge a blast. Scott was thinking about other things in that issue (Maddie for one) - and as we all know, it was revealed later that she was messing with his mind during that fight (this is where the Storm fans begin to call it "retconning".....ah well, it's all opinions). Storm "wins" the fight because she manages to remove his visor, thus rendering Scott unable to continue for fear of pulverising her. Would she do that in a real fight situation? I highly doubt it. If she did get that close to Cyclops, i am sure she would have opted for an incapacitating blow. Either way, there is balance in both arguments. Storm was powerless and still "won". Cyclops' wasn't going all out either and was affected by Maddies (a fact that Wolvering picks up on by saying something wasn't right).

3. UXM # 175: a Cyclops' fan's favourite to use when they want to lay a whole load of hate on Storm! Everyone knows the scene: the team think Scott is Dark Phoenix and so attack him, he has broken ribs already from Colossus, and he succeeds in nailing Ororo with a blast. Of note is that Storm is under MIND CONTROL and even Scott notes she hesitates a bit. Nevertheless, he tags her. My opinion is this - if a Storm fan uses the fact that Scott hit her because she was being influenced, then it is only fair to say the same when they have their battle in #201. Heh. So go figure.

4. Inferno Saga: a brief skirmish between the two. This time both Storm and Cyke are either:
a) Not under mind control by the influences of Maddie
b) Or they both are

(ie. As far as i am concerned, they are on equal ground)

Storm has her powers back at this point. Wolverine and Archangel are fighting (might i add that Logan's getting beaten IMO), and Cyclops tells Warren to back off while Storm does the same to Wolverine. They then shout at each other a bit, and then Storm opts to use a gust of wind to knock Cyclops back. Bear in mind, from the way that they were arguing with each other, i don't think they were necessarily going to come to blows, but Storm takes the initiative and attacks first. Despite this, and while in the air, Scott successfully tags Storm again.....

To me, this is the only real fair reflection on how these two might fight if all parameters were equal (ie. NO MIND CONTROL FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!). Either they were both affected or they weren't....

5. X-Men volume 2, #65-ish: Scott, once again UNDER MIND CONTROL (can't these X-Men stop it???) atacks Storm, who promptly kicks his ass. no doubt about it.

So, these are the times the two main leaders of the X-Men have come to blows. A lotta mind control in there though.....who would win? My money is on Cyclops. I have a natural bias, but i feel that the nature of his powers is always more instantaneous than Storm's. People may quote that she can produce weather effects in the blink of an eye - but to that, i say that it has been written in the Dark Phoenix saga that Cyclops fires his beams at the speed of thought. So go figure. Are the writers engagign in hyperbole? Almost certainly. And when you rationalise and look at how their powers work, i still think Cyclops has a speed advantage with is powers, and thus takes the win.....

yestinchong
^^^

That was something i wrote a while back in a similar thread. I saved it back then because i knew this would come up again at some point. And my stance hasn't really changed that much in that time. I would like to clarify things a little further though.

This fight really is down to who can hit the quickest. Because as far as i am concerned, Cyke isn't gonna withstand a lightning blast from Storm (depsite what the comics i have scanned in his respect thread show, i still don't think he should ), and Storm ain't gonna withstand a blast from Cyke.

Who fires the quickest? Well, as i always have said, it's down to the nature of their powers. Cyclops has to do this:

1. Think about hitting Storm
2. Look at her
3. Let visor open (this is a debatable area)
4. Wait for the blasts to travel to their intended target

Lots of people will say his visor is psionically controlled. I have to say, i also have read this somewhere, but i can't find the issues for it, so i'm happy to concede that fact. However, what i do know is that Cyclops HAS fired at the speed of thought - all you need to do is dig out the Dark Phoenix Saga and read it as plain as day there. It's the issue where he meets Dazzler for the 1st time. He cuts loose "with the suddeness of thought" against two armoured men. So as far as i am concerned, if we are assuming the quickest Scott can fire off a blast, it's "at the speed of thought".

No, for Storm. She has to go through similar step.

1. Thik about hitting Cyclops.
2. Look at him.
3. Decide what way to hit him (she has much more variety)
4. There is then the delay between what she has decided to hit him with and how quickly it comes out (also a big area for debate).

Now i've seen people saying that it takes her anywhere from >3-4 seconds to generate lightning (ironically in the latest issue of BP she dodges Clor's hammer but also demonstrates that it takes her time to generate an EMP to focus in on his head), to "quicker than the blink of the eye". Which one is it? The answer is, it all depends on the writer!

So, looking at their powers and their inhernt nature again - i just don't see how Storm is quicker in producing her powers. It's only an opinion, but i really can't see her bringing up tornadoes, lightning, wind...any weather pattern - THAT quickly. Maybe i'm wrong. People can say she can.

But if people say she can do this, then they also have to respect the fact that Scott CAN fire "with the suddeness of thought".

So.....if they can both fire as quickly as each other, i guess it comes dowm to which energy blast is quicker. And once again, Scotty wins here. All you need to do is look at his respect thread and there are scans showing his blasts move at the speed of light.

Sigh.....when it comes down to it, these debates are all about personal preference. My preference is Cyclops. I think, by the nature of their powers, he takes this 10/10.

And here are my links for some pics of him laying waste to a number of people....

http://www.twango.com/channel/yestinchong.public

starlock
Originally posted by yestinchong
^^^

That was something i wrote a while back in a similar thread. I saved it back then because i knew this would come up again at some point. And my stance hasn't really changed that much in that time. I would like to clarify things a little further though.

This fight really is down to who can hit the quickest. Because as far as i am concerned, Cyke isn't gonna withstand a lightning blast from Storm (depsite what the comics i have scanned in his respect thread show, i still don't think he should ), and Storm ain't gonna withstand a blast from Cyke.

Who fires the quickest? Well, as i always have said, it's down to the nature of their powers. Cyclops has to do this:

1. Think about hitting Storm
2. Look at her
3. Let visor open (this is a debatable area)
4. Wait for the blasts to travel to their intended target

Lots of people will say his visor is psionically controlled. I have to say, i also have read this somewhere, but i can't find the issues for it, so i'm happy to concede that fact. However, what i do know is that Cyclops HAS fired at the speed of thought - all you need to do is dig out the Dark Phoenix Saga and read it as plain as day there. It's the issue where he meets Dazzler for the 1st time. He cuts loose "with the suddeness of thought" against two armoured men. So as far as i am concerned, if we are assuming the quickest Scott can fire off a blast, it's "at the speed of thought".

No, for Storm. She has to go through similar step.

1. Thik about hitting Cyclops.
2. Look at him.
3. Decide what way to hit him (she has much more variety)
4. There is then the delay between what she has decided to hit him with and how quickly it comes out (also a big area for debate).

Now i've seen people saying that it takes her anywhere from >3-4 seconds to generate lightning (ironically in the latest issue of BP she dodges Clor's hammer but also demonstrates that it takes her time to generate an EMP to focus in on his head), to "quicker than the blink of the eye". Which one is it? The answer is, it all depends on the writer!

So, looking at their powers and their inhernt nature again - i just don't see how Storm is quicker in producing her powers. It's only an opinion, but i really can't see her bringing up tornadoes, lightning, wind...any weather pattern - THAT quickly. Maybe i'm wrong. People can say she can.

But if people say she can do this, then they also have to respect the fact that Scott CAN fire "with the suddeness of thought".

So.....if they can both fire as quickly as each other, i guess it comes dowm to which energy blast is quicker. And once again, Scotty wins here. All you need to do is look at his respect thread and there are scans showing his blasts move at the speed of light.

Sigh.....when it comes down to it, these debates are all about personal preference. My preference is Cyclops. I think, by the nature of their powers, he takes this 10/10.

And here are my links for some pics of him laying waste to a number of people....

http://www.twango.com/channel/yestinchong.public

alot of speculation but ok
1 storms summons a hurricane( or just uses the effort to fly) to effect cyclops,wheres that is it stops at 1,she wont need to aim she is immune
thats it no looking aiming done!
i debated your stance why not debate mine?
if it is a who goes first,do you believe cyclops always goes first?
ok that done,here is my main concern-what can storm do if he does goe first? what can cyke do if storm goes first?
since we cant definetly say for sure,to me it lies in defense
can storm defend(at any level) a optic blast-ok maybe not fully but that is the point
can cyclops defend against 90% of her attacks? AT ALL NO
she is way more versitle and has better defenses
Storm wins
P.S thanks for not insulting and putting me down for my views

2damnloud
Storm doesn't have to look at you to hit you. in Xtreme she hit Emma Frost with a lightning bolt and was NOT looking let alone AIMING, all while being mentally assaulted.

Storm has VER FAST superhuman reflexes due to her attunement to her enviroment that's why she was able to dodge Cycs blast, Thors Hammer, and a sno-ball hurled by Bishop witout even LOOKING.

Storm can also see the world as energy patterns and see Cycs impulses and know what he's going to do before he does it.

Lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cuncussive force with regard to ability to incapasitate

Storm's range>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cycs

She can affect the weather in a LARGE area.

Storm's powers work sub-conciously. She doesn't truly have to complete at thought in order for her powers to manifest.

Storm wins 8/10-10/10

yestinchong
Which brings up an interesting point in comics - if Storm is attuned to the environment and is able to anticipate attacks, how on Earth did Black Panther manage to sneak up on her in his most recent issue? I'm pretty sure Wolverine has does this on a number of occasions too. Why does she get hit in hand to hand fights with people if she can anticipate their actions? How come she HAS been tagged before by Cyclops if she can anticipate his blasts? Or anyone else's attacks for that matter?

I suppose you could say that she has this ability turned on and off at times, but if that is the case, then why does she still get hit in combat situations?

There's just too much inconsistency in the way comics are written to prove or disprove all of the above.

So that's why i'm going back to basics and giving you my opinion. And sure, it's only my opinion. I think it's actually quite silly to write stuff like, "lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>concussive force blast" when i have told you about and shown you the scans that show that his blasts move at the speed of light.

I still find it a bit difficult to comprehend how she can produce energy forms out of nowhere "instantly". It's a hard one to explain, but if she summons lightning let's say, she can't just produce it out of her hands or let it flow from her eyes in the same way that Cyclops does for his power. She's got to manipulate the weather patterns and energy spectrums she sees and then make them do as she pleases. Now, she might be able to do this VERY VERY quickly, and subconsciously for that matter, but the point i have is that the matter still has to come from somewhere from where it wasn't necessarily before. This is is going to create a delay, no matter how short. Personally, i would view it as a delay of seconds - which is still testimony as to how powerful Storm is - i mean, how quickly can a lightning bolt just appear out of nowhere in our world?

The difference with Cyclops (again, let me stress this is only my opinion), is that his power is always turned ON. Eyes are open = energy will come out. I've already said that his firing time is at the "suddeness of thought", and the scans show the blasts move at the speed of light. So in that argument of "who fires first?", i'm still plumping for Scott.

Now, to attempt to answer your questions starlock:

- First of all, what made you think i was debating your stance, and solely your stance, from my first post??? All i was doing was putting my opinion in based on everything i hd read on this thread. Having said that, i'm happy to addess your points now.

- You said she could summon up a hurricane or fly before he fired. That she didn't need to go through those thought processes i mentioned. I beg to differ. Are you saying to me that she doesn't need to think that she needs to fly up or summon a hurricane? That she acts purely autonomically with no higher functions to tell her that she is in danger? Again, if this was the case, why has she been hit before? I would say that Storm, like any other person, still needs to THINK about doing something before she does it. That's not me saying she is useless - merely that she is human in that particular respect.

- Yes, i do believe that Cyclops always goes first, for the reasons i stated in my first post.

- Can she defend against his blasts? Well, i think if she had time to build up a sufficient shield, then sure she could protect herself. A Storm fan may say she can build up Jovian pressur fields that could easily stop his blasts. To that, as a Cyclops fan, i simply quote an issue of UXM where it clearly states that Cyke could pulverise adamantium. Do i genuinely believe he can do that? Well, my opinion is no, but if people believe that about Storm, then i am certainly entitled to do the same for Scott.

- So it comes down to speed of firing again....and well, ^^^

- I am happy to concede that Scott wouldn't take any hits from Storm well at all. I am also happy to concede that she has far more defence and variety in her powers. It's just that thisd fight relies upon who hits first. And Cyclops can do that.

starlock
Which brings up an interesting point in comics - if Storm is attuned to the environment and is able to anticipate attacks, how on Earth did Black Panther manage to sneak up on her in his most recent issue? I'm pretty sure Wolverine has does this on a number of occasions too. Why does she get hit in hand to hand fights with people if she can anticipate their actions? How come she HAS been tagged before by Cyclops if she can anticipate his blasts? Or anyone else's attacks for that matter?

I suppose you could say that she has this ability turned on and off at times, but if that is the case, then why does she still get hit in combat situations?

There's just too much inconsistency in the way comics are written to prove or disprove all of the above.

So that's why i'm going back to basics and giving you my opinion. And sure, it's only my opinion. I think it's actually quite silly to write stuff like, "lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>concussive force blast" when i have told you about and shown you the scans that show that his blasts move at the speed of light.

I still find it a bit difficult to comprehend how she can produce energy forms out of nowhere "instantly". It's a hard one to explain, but if she summons lightning let's say, she can't just produce it out of her hands or let it flow from her eyes in the same way that Cyclops does for his power. She's got to manipulate the weather patterns and energy spectrums she sees and then make them do as she pleases. Now, she might be able to do this VERY VERY quickly, and subconsciously for that matter, but the point i have is that the matter still has to come from somewhere from where it wasn't necessarily before. This is is going to create a delay, no matter how short. Personally, i would view it as a delay of seconds - which is still testimony as to how powerful Storm is - i mean, how quickly can a lightning bolt just appear out of nowhere in our world?

The difference with Cyclops (again, let me stress this is only my opinion), is that his power is always turned ON. Eyes are open = energy will come out. I've already said that his firing time is at the "suddeness of thought", and the scans show the blasts move at the speed of light. So in that argument of "who fires first?", i'm still plumping for Scott.

- First of all, what made you think i was debating your stance, and solely your stance, from my first post??? All i was doing was putting my opinion in based on everything i hd read on this thread. Having said that, i'm happy to addess your points now.

- You said she could summon up a hurricane or fly before he fired. That she didn't need to go through those thought processes i mentioned. I beg to differ. Are you saying to me that she doesn't need to think that she needs to fly up or summon a hurricane? That she acts purely autonomically with no higher functions to tell her that she is in danger? Again, if this was the case, why has she been hit before? I would say that Storm, like any other person, still needs to THINK about doing something before she does it. That's not me saying she is useless - merely that she is human in that particular respect.

- Yes, i do believe that Cyclops always goes first, for the reasons i stated in my first post.

- Can she defend against his blasts? Well, i think if she had time to build up a sufficient shield, then sure she could protect herself. A Storm fan may say she can build up Jovian pressur fields that could easily stop his blasts. To that, as a Cyclops fan, i simply quote an issue of UXM where it clearly states that Cyke could pulverise adamantium. Do i genuinely believe he can do that? Well, my opinion is no, but if people believe that about Storm, then i am certainly entitled to do the same for Scott.

- I am happy to concede that Scott wouldn't take any hits from Storm well at all. I am also happy to concede that she has far more defence and variety in her powers. It's just that thisd fight relies upon who hits first. And Cyclops can do that.

i am being objective, if you can say for sure he goes first evey time are you being objective? i have not seen nowhere that scott activates his visor psychicly(in any roleplaying system there are rules as is on these forums)
but you think he goes first cool,she can do nothing?(in any comic they try to dodge,errect a forcefiled)
so if he always goes first and she has a slim chance to defend well(every comic role-playing system has these rules as depicted in comics where dodging and force fields are shown) that is an edge for her

scott has to at least activate his visor for control,or take his glasses off,(i will even say his eyes are always open)
Storm what does she have to do? i gave it to you at 1 in your table i stated my hurricane(omni directional) attack
this is where it is debatable he goes first EVERYTIME?

can we debate who goes fist always! in my opinon yes
can we debate storm has a chance(even if slim) to defend herself- no
can we debate cyke has no defence against storm- no
(all in my opinon)
its a forum fight with standard rules( the thread starter did not specify)
i think they know they are going to fight right? so no prep time k
even if all this is debatable then as a objective reader i go to defence

can storm in any way protect herself from an optic blast?
can cyke defend against a hurricane,lowering of temp,etc.etc
thats why i choose storm over cyke
pleasure debating with you smile

HandOfFate
As Yestinchong said it all depends on the writer. IMHO, both characters have shown an amazing level of power and skill, which make this a difficult fight.

Now, I personally think that Storm would win majority because she can create lightning bolts several inches around Cyke's head. Some of you forget that Storm can make a lightning bolt appear wherever she wants it. Also, thanks to Black Panther # 25, this now includes the inside of a foe's body.

There also an issue of Wolverine that states that as easy as it is for Jean to project a Tk bolt (which some feel move at the speed of thought), it is just as easy for Storm to conjure up a hurricane force winds. Now I don't know if that a direct comparison of speed but it dose give you an idea on how fast Storm can command the weather.

2damnloud
did she create that EMP inside clor's head, or did she shoot it at him???

Metalmanx
Storm doesn't have to look at you to hit you. in Xtreme she hit Emma Frost with a lightning bolt and was NOT looking let alone AIMING, all while being mentally assaulted.

Storm has VER FAST superhuman reflexes due to her attunement to her enviroment that's why she was able to dodge Cycs blast, Thors Hammer, and a sno-ball hurled by Bishop witout even LOOKING.

Storm can also see the world as energy patterns and see Cycs impulses and know what he's going to do before he does it.

Lightning>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cuncussive force with regard to ability to incapasitate

Storm's range>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cycs

She can affect the weather in a LARGE area.

Storm's powers work sub-conciously. She doesn't truly have to complete at thought in order for her powers to manifest.

Storm wins 8/10-10/10

Hah! eek!

Oh, man. I can't even begin to say how inaccurate all of that is.

Cyclops wins 9/10. He's faster on the draw.

juggernaut66666
Cyclops takes off his visor.....

HandOfFate
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Cyclops takes off his visor.....

In the two or three seconds it would takes for him to do that, Storm would have already struke him with a lightning bolt.

God save him, if he has to unhook or remove something first. wink

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
This has been done.

It's a fast draw scenario.

pretty much...

starlock
who goes first ....debatable
what is not is the fact that cyclops has no defense against her attacks that are
non aiming
from every angle
and activated with out any need for
movement
a gesture
verbal command

can storm defend herself in any way ,i think so

Storm wins

phillipan

Wow. You put it excellently, what alot of people are unwilling to do is admit that they are putting in alot of their own opinion not just facts.

pr1983
who goes first ....debatable
what is not is the fact that cyclops has no defense against her attacks that are
non aiming
from every angle
and activated with out any need for
movement
a gesture
verbal command

can storm defend herself in any way ,i think so

Storm wins

he doesn't need a defence if he hits her first, which he is entirely capable of doing... erm

thing is if not for his reflexes, he'd probably have been killed a long, long time ago...

yestinchong
^^^
Thanks!
And that's fine by me, if we didn't have opinions, the world will be a very boring place.

starlock: i'm now a bit confused as to what you are saying. You just said you were being objective, and have questioned whether or not i was being the same......i don't remember writing anywhere in that long post reply to you that i was being objective. In fact, i do recall writing i was going back to basics and giving you my OPINION. And that is what i am continuing to do.

HandofFate: you made an interesting comment about how Ororo could generate her powers as easily and as quickly as Jean would a TK bolt. Cool, i can't remember reading that so thanks for the education. What still boggles my mind is WHERE she generates it from. When i said i was going back to basics, i would still like to know how she does what she does. Scott's powers are easier to understand to me (God forbid i'm trying to understand comic book fiction). His eyes are gateways to a non-Einsteinian universe and energy from that universe comes straight from there when open. It's about as simple as that.

Now let's look at Storm. MY understanding of things (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) is that she is sees the world as an energy pattern - and she can manipulate it as she sees fit. So if she wants to make it rain, she has to shift the relevant water molecules/humidity/cloud cover/air pressure to do so. Then it rains. Same goes for lightning, wind, snow....

Therefore she is kinda defined by her surrounding environment. If there's not much water in the air at the time and she wants to make a massive tsunami, she's gonna have to pull those water molecules in from somewhere. And i think that is going to take her SOME time to o so. She can't do it instantly like Cyclops can with his power, because hers are still partially governed by the "normal" universe's laws.

Is this making any sense??? Haha.....anyway, THAT is why i say she can't be as quick on the draw as Scotty, and why he always gets the first attack off.

Let me put it to people again - she clearly had to concentrate to generate that EMP in Clor's head in BP's latest issue. Whilst it's an amazing feat in its own right and she was flying away and multi-tasking, the panels in that comic are definitley showing her focussing on generating a specific energy pattern before employing it. So how can people say she doesn't have a delay, albeit a minor one?

Now - as i also said, it is open to debate how quickly Scott can get his visor open. Some sources will say he has to press a stud on his glove or the visor itself. Others will say it's psionically controlled now (and i still don't recall where it came from....but it's not just me on these forums that things that). I have used that quote that he can fire with the "suddeness" of thought".

Now there's a pretty big spectrum of exactly how fast he can fire....a matter of nanoseconds to a full blown second or two. What is the truth? The answer is nobody knows.....

But this inconsistency plagues Storm as well.....

And that is why i said i would try and break it down and look at it from a more logical standpoint....and well, my opinion hasn't changed on who fires first....

Phew....

ExodusCloak
http://img447.imageshack.us/img447/6214/page0085ir.jpg
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2691/xmen190005qg7.jpg

http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4080/allnewofficialhandbookocb6.jpg
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1576/page036hh5.jpg

2damnloud
Storm could just Ionise the ATMOSPHERE and electrocute him. He has to aim at her and shoot her. Notwithstanding the fact that she can either dodge his optic blast or block the concussive force with a high density pressure dome.

I think people underestemate Storm's control over the weather.

The EMP in Black Panther was bad writing in that in Xtreme, she did an EMP with a SMILE on her face without ANY effort or concentration.

Storm controls the fundemental forces that govern the universe by DEFAULT because of her weather munipulating abilities.

Storm wins 8/10-10/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.