Wolverine..........peak-human?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
I hear the word peak-human being thrown around repeatedly when ever wolverine is concerned by certain member even supports of his character. When has wolverine ever been reverenced as a peak-human in a comic book? I have asked this a few times and the only answer I get is he been said to be many times, but no one ever provides any evidence. I own almost all his appearances and I have never once seen him ever referenced as a peak-human. So can any one enlighten me were every one keeps getting these wild notions?

Priest
I don't know if he was ever referenced as peak human, but i always thought he was enhanced human due to his physiology of a combination of his addimantium skeleton and healing factor.

TricksterPriest
Minus the skeleton, he's actually a bit weaker. Marveldatabase says he can lift a ton with it, and 800lbs without it. I'd put him at peak human, maybe just over it.

capt it up
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Minus the skeleton, he's actually a bit weaker. Marveldatabase says he can lift a ton with it, and 800lbs without it. I'd put him at peak human, maybe just over it.
dude I know for a fact he can lift a lot more then a ton.

I just want you guys to answer if wolverine has ever been refferensed in a comic as peak-human?

marveldatabase= worthless info.

Priest
are u trying to suggest that he's super human?

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has never been said to be peak human on panel ever. He is low level superhuman.

End of story.

Scoobless
Originally posted by capt it up
dude I know for a fact he can lift a lot more then a ton.

How much is a lot?

And a few scans to clear the whole thing up might actually get people to drop it.

Priest
I would accaully like to see wolverine lift 2000 pounds, im not even sure if captain america could do that imo.

masterbruce
Originally posted by Priest
I would accaully like to see wolverine lift 2000 pounds, im not even sure if captain america could do that imo.

Yeah, I see Logan's limit to be around 1 ton.

When I say lift, I mean lift something off the ground, not just raising it.

Priest
Originally posted by masterbruce
Yeah, I see Logan's limit to be around 1 ton.

When I say lift, I mean lift something off the ground, not just raising it.
well in that case i would want to see him press 2000 pounds.
then we can see iF he is a class one to say the least.

Soljer
Via bios, Wolverine is enhanced human.

Via feats, I've never seen him do anything that Captain America couldn't do.

TricksterPriest
We've seen Cap possibly do that. But it might also have been 1100 lbs. the scan is ambiguous.

capt it up
it was 1,100 period.

also as I thought no one has pannel evidence of such a statement?

capt it up
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

Wolverine punching a guy who says he his brother in water so hard he slams into the wall and his head goes through it.
http://img73.imageshack.us/my.php?image=strength21yp.jpg

this feat would require at least 2 tons of strength. Though to tell you the truth it would most deffinetly require more.

back on topic has wolverine ever been stated as peak-human?

Soljer
it was 1,100 period.

also as I thought no one has pannel evidence of such a statement?

It wasn't '1100' period, unless you can point me towards a writer saying that.

The electronic dials representing the weight of each plate makes just as much sense as the dials representing the total weight.

masterbruce
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

Wolverine punching a guy who says he his brother in water so hard he slams into the wall and his head goes through it.

this feat would require at least 2 tons of strength. Though to tell you the truth it would most deffinetly require more.

actually that doesn't prove anything.

it's just how the artist depicts things in comics, they show people break through walls from any punch...makes comics more exciting you know.

If I threw you against a brick wall, no matter how hard I throw you, the wall won't even crack, although your bones will be broken.

comics is not meant to be accurate.

masterbruce
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

do you have any scans where Logan actually lifts something fully off the ground that weighs about a ton?

capt it up
Originally posted by Soljer
It wasn't '1100' period, unless you can point me towards a writer saying that.

The electronic dials representing the weight of each plate makes just as much sense as the dials representing the total weight.
not really. think about it if you go to the gym. the enw equipment has you put a set wieght down not one for both sides.

there really no way to proof it either way, but one can nto simply assume it it the highest when it was simply shown on one side.

also remeber the guy next to him. It showed the amount he was doing as well. go look up how much that guy can lift.

capt it up
actually that doesn't prove anything.

it's just how the artist depicts things in comics, they show people break through walls from any punch...makes comics more exciting you know.

If I threw you against a brick wall, no matter how hard I throw you, the wall won't even crack, although your bones will be broken.

comics is not meant to be accurate.
pepople with super human strength.

no it was a strength feat don't try and write it off as the artist dispictio n crap when in the same runs logan hed up a elevator, fought a water demond under water as well as throw a shark from the water into a boat.

capt it up
do you have any scans where Logan actually lifts something fully off the ground that weighs about a ton?
why? That feat a lone put him ove 1 ton easily.

there always the shark feat. or throwing the trash container. or lifting 12 full grown men at once or so on.

marvelprince
Via bios, Wolverine is enhanced human.

Via feats, I've never seen him do anything that Captain America couldn't do.

The Fighter
HOW DARE YOU!sad
Brother, the defination of a peak-human is the one who has comed the closest to reaching their upper limits of understanding of life, and you talks about is a fighting capacility?sad
Brother, snap out of it. I can help you, if you can not do it yourself? In the same way my sensai helped me away from drugs and gangwars!
I am always here, brothersmile

The Fighter
Originally posted by The Fighter
HOW DARE YOU!sad
Brother, the defination of a peak-human is the one who has comed the closest to reaching their upper limits of understanding of life, and you talks about it as a fighting capacility?sad
Brother, snap out of it. I can help you, if you can not do it yourself? In the same way my sensai helped me away from drugs and gangwars!
I am always here, brothersmile

NiņoAraņa
SHUT. UP.

The Fighter

DigiMark007
An underwater punch that send a guy into some concrete >> 2 Tons?!?!

It's a cool feat, but it's nothing more than sketchy speculation to assign a Ton-value to it.

Btw, "1,100" would be less than a ton. 1 Ton = 2,000 lbs. S

So yeah, give or take a little, peak human sounds about right (which is roughly half a ton (1000 lbs.) bench press).

Disappear
also, considering he's punching, the strength of impact is increased due to his far denser than average adamantium skeleton. have somebody hit you with a sock as hard as they can, then have them hit you with a sock full of rocks as hard as they can. their strength level isn't increasing, but the rocks definitely do more damage.

also, you have to realize that at the time you're referencing, EVERY character was being portrayed as having incredible strength. daredevil beat up a group of thugs by swinging around a 400 pound barbell like it was just a stick, then literally throwing it across the room into a guy suspend your disbelief for a second already.

Jyppe
Wolverine...................meta-human? show me a scan/issue number where it is stated on panel that wolverine's strenght/he is enhanced.

Juntai
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

back on topic has wolverine ever been stated as peak-human? So Batman would be low level superhuman then? He's done better.

long pig
Originally posted by Juntai
So Batman would be low level superhuman then? He's done better.
Dude, you know damned well that Batman has superhuman feats out his ass.

The worst was when he gathered his "inner strength" and punched a 10 foot deep hole in the side of a giant rock.

StarsNeverFall7
So does this prove that wolverine is roughly around the captain america area give or take a few lbs?

MightyEInherjar
It irritates me to have guys like Daredevil, Cap, even Logan to be labeled 'peak human' when they're drawn like they are.

"Peak Human," as far as strength goes, looks like this:
http://www.worldsstrongestman.net/images/pic1.jpg
Marius Pudzianoski, 6' 1" 290lbs, who is the current strongest man in the world.

He's considered a "lean" build, and presses around 600 pounds...

Which is why I roll my eyes every time theres a feat, like mentioned, of Daredevil swinging around a 400lb barbell like a stick.

Swanky-Tuna
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

That feat would require telekinesis to push the man into the wall and possibly shield him from getting his skin ripped off. If he's strong enough to hurl a guy that far and crack the wall out of water, he's just going to tear a chunk of his flesh off with his hand when underwater. Or if it was a punch he would of just gone straight through the guy's body.

Alfheim
Originally posted by DigiMark007

Btw, "1,100" would be less than a ton. 1 Ton = 2,000 lbs. S

So yeah, give or take a little, peak human sounds about right (which is roughly half a ton (1000 lbs.) bench press).

Yeah we know but the point is that Cap lifted it easily, he was doing reps with it and he went to do acrobatics afterwards and wasnt even breathing hard. Therefore Caps maximum could easiy be a ton or even slightly above it. 2 tons under extreme duress.

So no Cap has superhuman strength.

Judge 64
Wolverine has strenght around the same level as Ivan Drago from Rocky 4. They are bith Class 1smile
Wolverine has 1 tons strenghtsmile

Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
It irritates me to have guys like Daredevil, Cap, even Logan to be labeled 'peak human' when they're drawn like they are.

"Peak Human," as far as strength goes, looks like this:
http://www.worldsstrongestman.net/images/pic1.jpg
Marius Pudzianoski, 6' 1" 290lbs, who is the current strongest man in the world.

He's considered a "lean" build, and presses around 600 pounds...

Which is why I roll my eyes every time theres a feat, like mentioned, of Daredevil swinging around a 400lb barbell like a stick.

Marius can not Press 600lbs. I'm almost certain that he could Bench it though. As for Deadlift, he'd be around 800lbs.

I agree with you on Daredevil though, I saw that panel and thought it was ridiculous. Swinging a 400lb barbell like it is a baseball bat would require superhuman strength at least in the 5 ton range.

As for Logan -- If I were the writer, he would be able to press 300lbs over his head, and possibly lift 600-700 lbs from the floor (Deadlift). He does not have superhuman strength.

DarkCrawler
In comics though, "peak human" doesn't really mean what it does in real world.

Alfheim
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
In comics though, "peak human" doesn't really mean what it does in real world.

lets put it this way in the MU the human strength limit is put at around a 1000lbs. Superheroes like Cap can lift well over a 1000lbs but are still called peak human. Its not that the term peak human means something different in the MU, its basically incorrect to use that term to describe certain humans.

Apolloknight
The only way to figure this out is to define superhuman.

How strong would you have to be to be considered Superhuman, once that is figured out, you can then put....

1. Wolverine (Who I considered the strongest peak human, due alot to his adamantium skeleton allowing him to brace more, and hit with more force)
2. Cap (right behind Wolverine in strength)
3. BP (right behind Cap in strength)

Alfheim
Originally posted by Apolloknight
The only way to figure this out is to define superhuman.

Yeah thats what im saying. Superhuman in terms of strength is defined as starting around a 1000lbs. Therefore if you can lift much more than that you are superhuman.

MightyEInherjar
Yeah, having all the street level guys at "peak" human is ridiculous. So when they come across a 300lb man of muscle in a bar, they should be able to out lift that guy, punch harder, etc even though they're half his weight? Ridiculous.

Only exception in my head is Cap, because of the super soldier serum.

MightyEInherjar
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

I have scans of Nightcrawler punching people with the strength to "knock out 12 men," but it doesn't put him at 2 tons.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah we know but the point is that Cap lifted it easily, he was doing reps with it and he went to do acrobatics afterwards and wasnt even breathing hard. Therefore Caps maximum could easiy be a ton or even slightly above it. 2 tons under extreme duress.

So no Cap has superhuman strength.

No. Cap does not have superhuman strength. Let it go. Cap can probably, at the very highest limit, lift around 1,500 lbs. I could never see Cap actually lifting 2,000 lbs. Nor have I seen it yet.

Apolloknight
Yeah thats what im saying. Superhuman in terms of strength is defined as starting around a 1000lbs. Therefore if you can lift much more than that you are superhuman.

Is that quoted from Marvel, or did you just make that up?

willRules
I think this is the part where someone steps in and explains the problem.....

batman

Wha? eek! Oh right you want me to explain why wolverine is so strong? IT.....IS.....A...... (brace yourselves.)............(prepare for it).............

COMIC!!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

capt it up
so no one has any evidence that suggest Logan ever once been stated ever in a comic as a peak-human?

capt it up
Originally posted by Jyppe
Wolverine...................meta-human? show me a scan/issue number where it is stated on panel that wolverine's strenght/he is enhanced.

he was stated as such in the new thunder bolts enemy of the state tie in.

Accel
so no one has any evidence that suggest Logan ever once been stated ever in a comic as a peak-human?
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1995/mustrengthcharttf8.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
Who the crap is Johnny No-Pants on the left? He looks a little too smug, like he knows he ruined a picture.

bigbran
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/6650/whatifv23409ci2.jpg

capt it up
Originally posted by Accel

ya and it was changed your point? The not comic pannel evidence. That some crap in the back of the book lol.

I asked on pannel evidence that far from on pannel. That not even part of the comic.

Rick/Genis
ya and it was changed your point? The not comic pannel evidence. That some crap in the back of the book lol.

I asked on pannel evidence that far from on pannel. That not even part of the comic. It kindof looks like a two page spread, actually.

capt it up
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
It kindof looks like a two page spread, actually.
in the abck of the comic which had nothing to do with the story.

that no better then a hand book. Hell thats talking about a hand book which again was changed.

Rick/Genis
I'll be the first to say it... No where on panel has it been stated that wolverine is peak human.

I believe everyone on this forum that is arguing with you is saying the only thing that makes him ABOVE peak human is his bones.

It is much easier to lift something when you know it won't break your bones. The force of your punch will hit harder when it's backed by metal.

At least I think that's what everyone is trying to say. But you're right... this does make him beyond peak human (in a sense). However, has it ever been stated that he is BEYOND peak human anywhere on panel? Specifically (just curious).

capt it up
I'll be the first to say it... No where on panel has it been stated that wolverine is peak human.

I believe everyone on this forum that is arguing with you is saying the only thing that makes him ABOVE peak human is his bones.

It is much easier to lift something when you know it won't break your bones. The force of your punch will hit harder when it's backed by metal.

At least I think that's what everyone is trying to say. But you're right... this does make him beyond peak human (in a sense). However, has it ever been stated that he is BEYOND peak human anywhere on panel? Specifically (just curious).

yes actaully in the new thunder bolts as well as in the wepaon x novel.

He also been stated in other stories such as in the ba'al arch.

Rick/Genis
yes actaully in the new thunder bolts as well as in the wepaon x novel.

He also been stated in other stories such as in the ba'al arch.

Well what exactly is it they say?

I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to make it so you understand what almost everyone on KMC is talking about when they say he's not superhuman. Don't you think his Skeleton is kindof what makes his strength more enhanced?

Alfheim
Originally posted by Metalmanx
No. Cap does not have superhuman strength. Let it go. Cap can probably, at the very highest limit, lift around 1,500 lbs. I could never see Cap actually lifting 2,000 lbs. Nor have I seen it yet.

Well if you cant understand the concept that cap:

1. lifted 1100lbs with ease.

2. was doing reps with it

3. wasn't even breathing hard

4. Did acrobatics straight afterwards.

Then I cant help you.

I could have sworn earlier on you said you believed that Cap could lift a ton, but I cant be bothered to find the quote. Anyway I thought 1500 wa superhuman?

Is that quoted from Marvel, or did you just make that up?

C'mon man dont accuse me of that, I might get my facts wrong but im not making stuff up. Well this is were I got the information.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels/index.htm

I havnet read a Marvel universe since 1993, but this site seems to get alot of stuff from Marvel Universe. One thing I have noticed about this site is that I have seen information that has been taken from Marvel Universe but they have updated it as well, so I kinda trust them. If you look at the link it shows superhuman strength starting at 1000lbs.

Theres also this :

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Talk:Wolverine_(James_Howlett)#Strength_Level

This is also stated in the updated versions of the Marvel Universe. In the Marvel Universe Master Editions issues 4 and issues 21 Wolverine's strength level is listed as enhanced (800 lbs to 2 ton range). In the Marvel Universe Editions of 2005 and after he is listed on level 4 (same range).

Well I think enhanced can be considered to be superhuman.

It stated in the original Marvel Universe that Sabretooh had Superhuman strength enabling him to lift at least 900 pounds

The problem is as well if you look at Marvel peak human, enhanced human and superhuman can be the same thing. But since Marvel has stated that superhuman strength starts at least at 900lbs then Cap is superhuman.

Apolloknight

Honestly Accel, thats kinda an old scan (judging form the looks). People get upgrades all the time, and I know at least a few of those guys have grown more powerful over the years.

. Don't you think his Skeleton is kindof what makes his strength more enhanced?

That is exactly why I believe he has a degree of superhuman strength, that and his healing factor not allowing his muscles to tear and such.

C'mon man dont accuse me of that, I might get my facts wrong but im not making stuff up. Well this is were I got the information.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/strengthlevels/index.htm

:

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Talk:Wolverine_(James_Howlett)#Strength_Level

It stated in the original Marvel Universe that Sabretooh had Superhuman strength enabling him to lift at least 900 pounds

The problem is as well if you look at Marvel peak human, enhanced human and superhuman can be the same thing. But since Marvel has stated that superhuman strength starts at least at 900lbs then Cap is superhuman.

Thats fantastic, I would agree, judging from feats and going by some of that info, wolverine does posses a degree of superhuman strength.

But by going from marvel.com, where would you rate BP!? It says he is also Superhuman!?

Alfheim

But by going from marvel.com, where would you rate BP!? It says he is also Superhuman!?

Well this is the thing. To be quite honest with you superhuman in street level terms is the same damn thing as peak human and enhanced.

Cap has peak human strength but could probably lift a ton, Wolverine has enhanced strength and can lift a ton. Its been said that superhuman strength starts at 900 lbs or 1000lbs, but if superhuman strength starts at 900 or 1000lbs why is Caps strength classified as peak human?

It also says that enhanced strength starts at 800lbs...so er...ok...whats greater enhanced strength or superhuman strength? Some sources imply that enhanced human is below superhuman, others do not. Do you see the problem?

The fact of the matter is this in street level terms the words peak human, enhanced human and superhuman are just thrown around carelessly. I dont know how much BP can lift but for all we know it could be 1 ton and as you can see 1 ton can be enhanced, peak and superhuman at the same time. I think 2 or 3 tons is something that everbody would agree on being superhuman, but since marvel.com doesnt state exactly how much he can lift and the fact that he is a street leveler...I would put BP at 2 tons.

Hercules
I have to admit I'm with Alf on the Cap issue, if you can show me a normal human, who can rep with 1,000lbs then I would agree hes peak Human.

Fact is by real world standards Cap has superhuman strength, he was reping with more than the (unoffcial) World record one rep max at for a guy who weighs between 230-240 like Cap does that is Superhuman.

Judging by the MU standards though there is an argument to be made for peak human, only because in general people in the MU seem to be quite a bit stronger than people in the real world.

Personaly I would put Cap at class one under duress, so its not something he does on a regular basis but he can push himself to his limits and do it.

To me that would be minor superhuman strength, to others it would be merely peak human, its all in the eye of the beholder.

He was curling 500lbs in the Korvac saga! 99% of men on the planet can't BENCH 500lbs let alone do bicep curls with it!

Alfheim
Originally posted by Hercules

Judging by the MU standards though there is an argument to be made for peak human, only because in general people in the MU seem to be quite a bit stronger than people in the real world.

Yeah but dont forget that Marvel has stated that superhuman strength starts at 900lbs. So even by marvel standards Cap is superhuman. There is also another feat were Cap has lifted Big Bertha who weighs 750lbs and thrown her.

Metalmanx
Well if you cant understand the concept that cap:

1. lifted 1100lbs with ease.

2. was doing reps with it

3. wasn't even breathing hard

4. Did acrobatics straight afterwards.

Then I cant help you.

I could have sworn earlier on you said you believed that Cap could lift a ton, but I cant be bothered to find the quote. Anyway I thought 1500 wa superhuman?

Alf, I understand your "concept" just fine. Clearly I just don't agree with it.

You know, I did in fact say earlier that I think Cap can lift 1 ton under the most extreme conditions. And I'll stick by it. But I mean like in a life-or-death situation, with adrenaline pumping hard and all that.

I would give him 1,000-1,500 lbs under most normal circumstances, however.

bigbran
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1995/mustrengthcharttf8.jpg The same book where Surfer was in Spider-Man's/Luke Cage's strength class?

Yup.

Disappear
during which time was this "1100 lb" panel shown? captain america's powers haven't been consistent throughout the years, and there was a stretch of time in which he had superhuman strength. actually, there were at least two, but one was from an exoskeleton designed by tony stark.

Accel
Originally posted by bigbran
The same book where Surfer was in Spider-Man's/Luke Cage's strength class?

Yup.
Yeah and you have Iron Man in the same class as Thor and the like.

Times sure were different then. rolling on floor laughing

capt it up
Well what exactly is it they say?

I'm not trying to argue with you I'm just trying to make it so you understand what almost everyone on KMC is talking about when they say he's not superhuman. Don't you think his Skeleton is kindof what makes his strength more enhanced?
no not at all. His skeleton really has nothing to do with it. he was born beyond human and the weapon x program enchanced his muscles further.

also one of logans best lifting feats was bone claws wolverine.

bigbran
Yeah and you have Iron Man in the same class as Thor and the like.

Times sure were different then. rolling on floor laughing For about two seconds...
http://www.hulkmovie.com/images/hulkmash/MU%20Strength%20Chart.jpg

laughing

Swanky-Tuna

I asked on pannel evidence that far from on pannel. That not even part of the comic.
Screw that, that scan isn't even from Marvel It's something from the back of a poorly xeroxed socialist newsletter!

Disappear
jesus is a "mediumweight"?

Alfheim

You know, I did in fact say earlier that I think Cap can lift 1 ton under the most extreme conditions. And I'll stick by it. But I mean like in a life-or-death situation, with adrenaline pumping hard and all that.

Well his limit is defintely not 1000lbs, I still think it would be above 1500. You do realise he needs to do only one rep right? If he can do 1100 that easily I would still put him slightly above 1500lbs.

Well ok you have done weights before if you could do 10 reps with a certain weight so easily that you didnt breath hard and could do something strenous afterwards easily would 400 more lbs be your limit?

Originally posted by Disappear
during which time was this "1100 lb" panel shown? captain america's powers haven't been consistent throughout the years, and there was a stretch of time in which he had superhuman strength. actually, there were at least two, but one was from an exoskeleton designed by tony stark.

Im not to sure to be quite honest the first time I saw D man in that outfit was 1987 I think. So it might be the late 80s but dont quote me on that.

Alfheim

Yeah your right if Cap was doing reps with 1100lbs then his 1 rep maximum would be approx 1500lbs. That however is still superhuman.

http://www.musclenet.com/1repmaxcalculator.htm

I worked it out with the link above, Hercules gave me the link.

Daredevil1
Originally posted by long pig
Dude, you know damned well that Batman has superhuman feats out his ass.

The worst was when he gathered his "inner strength" and punched a 10 foot deep hole in the side of a giant rock.

When did Batman do this?

Nataku8188
Logan roughly a 2 tonner

It's impossible to do that to a wall with someone's head. Concrete is tougher than your skull, so your skull would just smash. You could crack the concrete, possibly put a dent in it, but no, your head would never go into concrete. Take a coconut for example, a coconut take more PSI to shatter than the human skull, I can take a coconut outside, and hurl it into the ground and the thing will break. I could take your skull (Sans the flesh), bring that ***** outside and shatter it on the ground. I'm nowhere near 'peak-human', so this is a pretty good measure of how much BS that feat is. Much like 90% of comic feats, it's just for effect, you'll say "It's a comic, it's not real!" then don't try to use realistic comparisons to prove why said character is X strong. Wolverine is going to obviously be stronger than a peak human just because his ****ing skeleton weighs so much, it's like running with weights on, coupled with an accelerated healing factor, that would easily make it possible for him to exceed normal human capabilities. The term superhuman, however makes you think of throwing around cars like toys. I'd say he's enhanced human, with the capability to press slightly more than Captain America.

By the way, I hate Wolverine, and personally think most of his feats are nerdgasm fueled bullshit by fanboy writers, but I am just going to call this one as I see it.

capt it up
arnt you the same kid who tried to tell me that capt would defeat wolverine effortlessly?

Please your opinion means nothing to me and is based off pure bias.

darthgoober
arnt you the same kid who tried to tell me that capt would defeat wolverine effortlessly?
But he would, wouldn't he... shifty

capt it up
Originally posted by darthgoober
But he would, wouldn't he... shifty
lol

capt it up
how much strength would it take for a person to throw a 130 pound person roughly 50 feet in the air

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Nataku8188
It's impossible to do that to a wall with someone's head. Concrete is tougher than your skull, so your skull would just smash. You could crack the concrete, possibly put a dent in it, but no, your head would never go into concrete. Take a coconut for example, a coconut take more PSI to shatter than the human skull, I can take a coconut outside, and hurl it into the ground and the thing will break. I could take your skull (Sans the flesh), bring that ***** outside and shatter it on the ground. I'm nowhere near 'peak-human', so this is a pretty good measure of how much BS that feat is. Much like 90% of comic feats, it's just for effect, you'll say "It's a comic, it's not real!" then don't try to use realistic comparisons to prove why said character is X strong. Wolverine is going to obviously be stronger than a peak human just because his ****ing skeleton weighs so much, it's like running with weights on, coupled with an accelerated healing factor, that would easily make it possible for him to exceed normal human capabilities. The term superhuman, however makes you think of throwing around cars like toys. I'd say he's enhanced human, with the capability to press slightly more than Captain America.

By the way, I hate Wolverine, and personally think most of his feats are nerdgasm fueled bullshit by fanboy writers, but I am just going to call this one as I see it.

I'm glad someone said it.

So because you don't like what he said, it makes it false? confused

Darth Macabre
I'm glad someone said it.

So because you don't like what he said, it makes it false? confused Yup, that about sums it up.

Nataku8188

Kid? I'm no kid, you idiot. No kid would willingly put his life on the line so ignorant idiots like you could live in their own little fantasy worlds. Have some ****ing respect for the people who fight so you can have your own deluded views of reality.

Secondly, I never said Captain America would defeat Wolverine effortlessly, but he would most likely beat Wolverine.

Third, you're saying *I* am basing my opinion off bias? Hello Mr. Pot! I'm also black!

capt it up
It's impossible to do that to a wall with someone's head. Concrete is tougher than your skull, so your skull would just smash. You could crack the concrete, possibly put a dent in it, but no, your head would never go into concrete.
Unless your skull was far denser then concrete such as how about adamatium which by the way the guys body was laced with if I am not mistaken.

Wolverine is going to obviously be stronger than a peak human just because his ****ing skeleton weighs so much, it's like running with weights on, coupled with an accelerated healing factor, that would easily make it possible for him to exceed normal human capabilities. The term superhuman, however makes you think of throwing around cars like toys. I'd say he's enhanced human, with the capability to press slightly more than Captain America.
his skeleton really has nothing to do with it at all. He done feats with as well as with out his adamatium skeleton. His normal skeleton is a lot tougher then even that of a peak humans.

Though so of his most impressive strength feats was prior to being popular.

capt it up
Kid? I'm no kid, you idiot. No kid would willingly put his life on the line so ignorant idiots like you could live in their own little fantasy worlds. Have some ****ing respect for the people who fight so you can have your own deluded views of reality.

Secondly, I never said Captain America would defeat Wolverine effortlessly, but he would most likely beat Wolverine.

Third, you're saying *I* am basing my opinion off bias? Hello Mr. Pot! I'm also black!
"Cap is far more skilled and intelligent than Wolverine. He can KO him with little effort."

thats a direct quote from you. Little effort and effortlessly are pritty dam close to the same thing.

so now I am an idiot and a deluded fan boy, becuase I find you to never bring any thing usefully or un bias to the table?

metalmax by the way no I did not ignore his arguement, becuase I did not agree with it I ignored it, becuase he normally has the dumbest things to say time and time again.

capt it up
so ya how strong do you have to be to through 130 pounds 50 feet into the air?

Soleran
I'm still not buying Wolverine as a 2 tonner.

Swanky-Tuna
Unless your skull was far denser then concrete such as how about adamatium which by the way the guys body was laced with if I am not mistaken.
That still doesn't explain the velocity. You can't even fire a bullet much further than a foot into the water before it tears apart and loses all its momentum. Granted, he was probably moving much slower than a bullet, but he also has much more surface area to cause resistance against the water.

Metalmanx

Wait, wait. Aren't we talking about the guy that Wolverine punched into the concrete? He DID not have an adamantium skeleton. Concrete is harder than a human's skull. Hell, concrete would still be harder than even Wolverine's bone skull. So it's pretty much irrelevent.

Metalmanx
metalmax by the way no I did not ignore his arguement, becuase I did not agree with it I ignored it, becuase he normally has the dumbest things to say time and time again.

Uh...that's no excuse for ignoring it the way you did though. If we all applied those same rules, there would be an exponentially smaller number of posts actually being read.

Soljer
Hell, concrete would still be harder than even Wolverine's bone skull. So it's pretty much irrelevent.

Not true. Captain America's skull has been put through concrete on SEVERAL occasions, and bone claws Wolverine is probably about as durable as Steve.

Nataku8188

The amount of force it would take, even IF your body was laced with adamantium, is beyond anything even remotely feasable for anyone even near 'peak human' strength. You know how hard it is to put a ****ing rockbreaker (A 20lb piece of metal that ends in a point) through concrete? You have to sit there for at LEAST an hour picking away at the shit to even get a respectable amount of concrete out of the way. NEVERMIND the fact that this guy has FLESH, which will seriously dampen the impact, over his ROUND skull. There is no way Wolverine could do what the comic shows, hell, I don't think anyone below 2-3 ton could do it. If it was out of the water, I could see Wolverine using an adamantium skull to make an impact crater on a concrete surface. That wouldn't be a big shock, but UNDERWATER? No. Not going to happen.

The skeleton has to do plenty with his strength. If you've ever trained with ankle/wrist weights you'd know that having that extra weight everyday really increases your strength. Once you can move like normal with that extra weight, you're much stronger than someone without them. He still has them in him at all times, so his muscles have developed to put him at a level above what any human could attain unless they wore the same amount of weight difference as the adamantium provides. Goddamn kid, you're dense as shit.

Like regenerating from a skeleton? Wolverine has been popular from square one, it's only gotten worse over time.

Alfheim

Like regenerating from a skeleton? Wolverine has been popular from square one, it's only gotten worse over time.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Tell me about it....

marvelprince
The "skull through concrete isn't really a very good argument for strength though. Putting aside the fact that it takes into account durabilty more than anything, most street levelers have gone through it at some point. Everyone from Batman, to Punisher, to Cap, to Wolverine has had that time where they've meet up against someone who's much stronger than them and is flinging them through walls.

Lets face it, in comics, concrete walls job too.

Disappear
His normal skeleton is a lot tougher then even that of a peak humans.

that's physically impossible, you realize. wolverine's healing factor is regulated to simulating normal human healing at a highly advanced rate and allowing him to survive otherwise fatal injuries. he heals like a regular person, but "better." so, even assuming that his healing factor would consistently correct flaws or weaknesses in his skeletal structure, he couldn't heal beyond human perfection. and a peak human, being the perfect physical specimen, would also be at the level of human perfection in the very same sense. the only things different about his skeleton are that his claws are abnormally dense, and his skeleton heals incredibly quickly. as long as cap's taking his vitamins, his skeleton'll be in perfect physical condition, too.

Jyppe
The skeleton has to do plenty with his strength. If you've ever trained with ankle/wrist weights you'd know that having that extra weight everyday really increases your strength. Once you can move like normal with that extra weight, you're much stronger than someone without them. He still has them in him at all times, so his muscles have developed to put him at a level above what any human could attain unless they wore the same amount of weight difference as the adamantium provides. Goddamn kid, you're dense as shit.

People shouldn't wear wrist/ankle weights 24/7. Your body doesn't have time to adjust to the weight and you'll damage your own tendons & joints.It puts awful lot of strain on your joints. It's not suggested to wear them daily either. So kids, don't wear ankle/wrist weights if you're not working out.

But wolverine shouldn't have this problem as his whole skeleton is/was coated by it and he has a healing factor so it wouldn't really matter.

Btw, IMo it's kinda stupid to see Wolverine doing sit up exercises. I mean, the guy has super human endurance, what are endurance exercises going to do? Nothing at all. Maybe Wolverine isn't that smart after all big grin

Nataku8188
"Cap is far more skilled and intelligent than Wolverine. He can KO him with little effort."

thats a direct quote from you. Little effort and effortlessly are pritty dam close to the same thing.

But they aren't the same thing. Little effort, that's like 20% effort. Most likely to win, thats like 80% odds. Seems about right

If I labeled a bottle of anti-freeze 'Irony', you'd be dead by now.

I actually laughed. Read my last comment.

Nataku8188
This one's for you.

Rick/Genis
so now I am an idiot and a deluded fan boy, becuase I find you to never bring any thing usefully or un bias to the table?

You should really stop swinging this "bias" accusation cudgel around, because it works both way you know.

sapphiremouse
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Who the crap is Johnny No-Pants on the left? He looks a little too smug, like he knows he ruined a picture. thinks that is Kazar from the savage land.

sapphiremouse

his skeleton really has nothing to do with it at all. He done feats with as well as with out his adamatium skeleton. His normal skeleton is a lot tougher then even that of a peak humans.

Though so of his most impressive strength feats was prior to being popular. The adamantium and his healing factor have everything to do with wolvine having superhuman strength. Healing factor lets him push muscle far beyond human limits without any injury. also adding the extra 100 pounds of adamantium that his muscles work against every day. hence superhuman stamina and strength.

that's in black and white for all to see, not just my opinion. Happy Dance

Disappear
there are plenty of 300+ pound people out there. that doesn't mean they're lifting tons of weight. and a healing factor wouldn't increase his overall ability to lift by any great amount, it would allow him to lift the same amount of weight over a longer period. that's like saying if you recovered immediately doing a one-rep max, you'd be able to lift more. you wouldn't, you'd simply be able to lift again.

unless he's undergoing massive protein synthesis after every spec of physical exertion, which he's clearly not considering he hasn't become bloated with muscle after decades of high-intensity physical activity, a healing factor won't make him considerably stronger.

long pig
But, when Wolverine goes into blind berserk mode, his stats raise. Once, while being studied by instruments, the machines said his strength, speed and what-not raised nearly 10x what they were before when he went berserk. I don't know if anyone has talked about this or not, but there it is.

So, yes, he's peak human until he goes berserker, then he's a good bit above peak human but loses his intelligence.

capt it up
But, when Wolverine goes into blind berserk mode, his stats raise. Once, while being studied by instruments, the machines said his strength, speed and what-not raised nearly 10x what they were before when he went berserk. I don't know if anyone has talked about this or not, but there it is.

So, yes, he's peak human until he goes berserker, then he's a good bit above peak human but loses his intelligence.
your right and wrong. he does not lose any intelligence when he goes berserker.

capt it up

long pig
He doesn't "lose" it, but he's unable to use it. He didn't know even when he's stabbed his own teammate when he went berserk.

In fact, his enemies have forced him into a berserker rage just because they know he's easily outwitted when he goes into the rage.

All control of his human, logical traits leave when he goes berserk, he's essentially an animal.

capt it up
He doesn't "lose" it, but he's unable to use it. He didn't know even when he's stabbed his own teammate when he went berserk.

In fact, his enemies have forced him into a berserker rage just because they know he's easily outwitted when he goes into the rage.

All control of his human, logical traits leave when he goes berserk, he's essentially an animal.

true and false. He will kill pritty much any thing in sight. He can not decern friend from foe however fighting and tactic wise his brain is still in prefect form even to the point of being said to beat 4 chest computers while doing a olympic gold metal ruteen.

no enemy has ever forced him into a berserker rage in order to out witt him. Hell wolverine has never really lsot in a berserker rage. You may be getting berserker rage and ferla rage confused there completely different states of being.

feral rage is when he animal berserker still retains the tactical skills and prowess of the human side.

Soljer
*laughs*

Yes. His mind is in the prefect form.

Wolverine's mind is on the level of chest computers, and gold metal ruteens.

laughing

Sorry. Just the irony.

capt it up
*laughs*

Yes. His mind is in the prefect form.

Wolverine's mind is on the level of chest computers, and gold metal ruteens.

laughing

Sorry. Just the irony.
? not really sure whats so funny?

Soljer
I'm just in a dick-ish mood tonight, ignore me.

I was just pointing out the irony of you speaking about how terribly advanced Logan's mind is, using 'words' like 'ruteen,' and 'prefect,' followed by phrases like 'chest computer.'

capt it up
I'm just in a dick-ish mood tonight, ignore me.

I was just pointing out the irony of you speaking about how terribly advanced Logan's mind is, using 'words' like 'ruteen,' and 'prefect,' followed by phrases like 'chest computer.'
ugg I see. I really need to review what I type lol.

Not to mention use spell check

Disappear
actually, you didn't contradict anything i said about his healing factor. all humans are capable of regenerating the tissue logan does, but he does so far more quickly and from greater states of damage. i'm pretty sure, but i'll double check, that "healing at a highly advanced rate and allowing him to survive otherwise fatal injuries" covers that.

yep, it does. and by the way, humans are completely capable of healing damage done to their heart or nervous system, jack.

his healing factor does not heal him, nor his skeleton, into having a non-human physiology. it doesn't heal his bones with the same fortifications quicksilver's bones have. if you'd like to point out where it's been said his bones and muscles are beyond human standards i'd be glad to reconsider my opinion. i mean, you already know it's true, it shouldn't be hard for you to dig out an issue number. unless you're just, i don't know, making it up.

Nataku8188
there are plenty of 300+ pound people out there. that doesn't mean they're lifting tons of weight. and a healing factor wouldn't increase his overall ability to lift by any great amount, it would allow him to lift the same amount of weight over a longer period. that's like saying if you recovered immediately doing a one-rep max, you'd be able to lift more. you wouldn't, you'd simply be able to lift again.

unless he's undergoing massive protein synthesis after every spec of physical exertion, which he's clearly not considering he hasn't become bloated with muscle after decades of high-intensity physical activity, a healing factor won't make him considerably stronger.

It'd have to do with the growth of his muscles, his muscles would heal faster, and thus, he'd be able to increase the growth rate of his muscles. That's how having the extra weight would make his muscles, per pound, stronger than a humans. He'd be able to handle the extra weight and benefit from it. His endurance has nothing to do with how fast his muscles heal, it has to do with how much oxygen can get to the muscles. When you run, your legs initially get tired because your heart and lungs aren't getting enough oxygen-rich blood to the muscles fast enough. After a certain amount of time, the muscles themselves do start to tear, but that takes MUCH longer than the exhaustion caused by a lack of oxygen and just plain 'ole glucose.

So in the end, he'd end up slightly stronger than a peak human, just because he ISN'T a human, his physiology allows his muscles to heal from stress beyond what the normal limits are, you can only push yourself so far before your muscles just can't heal themselves.

His stats rise because of adrenalin. Humans have lifted cars (Tilted them, not over their head, it's still a HUGE amount of weight to lift, in most cases over 1000 lbs) in situations where their body overloaded them with adrenalin. Just as with all people, when your adrenalin kicks in, the blood vessels in your brain expand because of the amount of blood being pumped, thus it's harder to think. If you've ever been in a real fight, any sort of life-threatening emergency or a firefight, you'll know that once that adrenalin gets pumping it's very hard to think, everything goes back to muscle memory. Hence why Wolverine can still fight, as fighting is tied to muscle memory, in the military and martial arts it's constantly taught to drill techniques so that when you get that adrenalin rush all the skills you need come naturally to you. However, there is no way to make logical thought patterns come naturally in this state, it just doesn't happen. Even if you COULD, it would take insane amounts of training, and the more adrenalin you get going, the harder it would be, hence why Wolverine has such a hard time thinking logically in his berserker state, his adrenalin is just through the ****ing roof.

Soleran

Not that I am supporting Wolverine in being a multiple ton lifter because I am not.

However when reviewing a "lifting" feat rather then looking at say the regenerative factors on his muscles it could enhance his neurological system allowing him to recoupe and send the flow of Acetyl choline to his nerve receptors faster as well as recover, who knows, it could be his strength is increased in a manner that reflects an explosive response.

Sliding muscle filament theory be damned I say!

long pig
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. But, it still means, in berserk mode, he's at least a 4ton character. His speed and healing also increase.

But he's as smart as a wounded dog when that happens.

Nataku8188
Yeah, that's pretty much what I said. But, it still means, in berserk mode, he's at least a 4ton character. His speed and healing also increase.

But he's as smart as a wounded dog when that happens.

Was stating it to clarify for the slower crowd, I.E. Capt.

long pig
He's not slow, he's completely friggin' stopped.

Swanky-Tuna
I still don't see how it's justified as a "berserk" mode. Almost every instance I've seen of it, it makes the person reckless and animalistic and they end up getting hit more. Granted, they don't really care because they're going crazy and they just power through it. Even in a lot of games you take more damage to simulate the recklessness.

however fighting and tactic wise his brain is still in prefect form even to the point of being said to beat 4 chest computers while doing a olympic gold metal ruteen.
Didn't we already have a big discussion about how that comparison was incredibly stupid?

Disappear
nataku, i was assuming wolverine's respiratory system was significantly enhanced to the point where oxygen deprivation would become a non-issue, given how tirelessly he's able to continue rigorous activity. i see the flub in what i said v. what i meant, though.

long pig
nataku, i was assuming wolverine's respiratory system was significantly enhanced to the point where oxygen deprivation would become a non-issue, given how tirelessly he's able to continue rigorous activity. i see the flub in what i said v. what i meant, though.
If he had to, he probably doesn't need to breathe. I mean, it's a logical step the writer could take one day if they wanted to.

Tha C-Master
It'd have to do with the growth of his muscles, his muscles would heal faster, and thus, he'd be able to increase the growth rate of his muscles. That's how having the extra weight would make his muscles, per pound, stronger than a humans. He'd be able to handle the extra weight and benefit from it. His endurance has nothing to do with how fast his muscles heal, it has to do with how much oxygen can get to the muscles. When you run, your legs initially get tired because your heart and lungs aren't getting enough oxygen-rich blood to the muscles fast enough. After a certain amount of time, the muscles themselves do start to tear, but that takes MUCH longer than the exhaustion caused by a lack of oxygen and just plain 'ole glucose.

So in the end, he'd end up slightly stronger than a peak human, just because he ISN'T a human, his physiology allows his muscles to heal from stress beyond what the normal limits are, you can only push yourself so far before your muscles just can't heal themselves.

His stats rise because of adrenalin. Humans have lifted cars (Tilted them, not over their head, it's still a HUGE amount of weight to lift, in most cases over 1000 lbs) in situations where their body overloaded them with adrenalin. Just as with all people, when your adrenalin kicks in, the blood vessels in your brain expand because of the amount of blood being pumped, thus it's harder to think. If you've ever been in a real fight, any sort of life-threatening emergency or a firefight, you'll know that once that adrenalin gets pumping it's very hard to think, everything goes back to muscle memory. Hence why Wolverine can still fight, as fighting is tied to muscle memory, in the military and martial arts it's constantly taught to drill techniques so that when you get that adrenalin rush all the skills you need come naturally to you. However, there is no way to make logical thought patterns come naturally in this state, it just doesn't happen. Even if you COULD, it would take insane amounts of training, and the more adrenalin you get going, the harder it would be, hence why Wolverine has such a hard time thinking logically in his berserker state, his adrenalin is just through the ****ing roof. I miss these posts, reminds me of when I was in training, and yes it's all true. Which is why fighting "classes" and skills are overrated on this board. People don't realize it takes LOTS and LOTS of practice before they are able to use their "fighting" in a real fight, because their mind just reverts to instinct.

Alfheim
By the way, when did Wolverine get an upgrade and what got upgraded?

Murda Ma$e
Don't know about Wolverine's upgrades, but here are my new Wolverine upgrades. Yessir

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5573/p3060170ga2.jpg

Alfheim
Originally posted by Murda Ma$e
Don't know about Wolverine's upgrades, but here are my new Wolverine upgrades. Yessir

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/5573/p3060170ga2.jpg

Yeah thanks, that was of absolute no help to me at all.

Murda Ma$e
I don't care.

Disappear
how much did that set you back?

Murda Ma$e
My brother bought them and was gonna sell them, but I threw him some cash ($200)and comics to add up to what he paid for them. smile

Disappear
quite the steal. both shops near me that carry "collector" items have those priced at about 200-400 bucks each. i think giant size is 190 and wolverine's first appearance is just over 400. it's ridiculous

Murda Ma$e
Yeah it was a good deal, he was cool about it cause he knows I love the X-Men and Wolverine's my favorite character. Have you tried ebay? During the summer time check on there, they usually have good deals for expensive comics then, cause people aren't bidding that much with their tax returns.

Alfheim
I don't care.

no expression

capt it up
My brother bought them and was gonna sell them, but I threw him some cash ($200)and comics to add up to what he paid for them. smile
for those two issue?

yes and actaully you were correct there were some upgrades and down grades between those issues

Swanky-Tuna
Why'd you put your name in the picture? Just so we have to crop it out if we want to claim the comics are ours?

Murda Ma$e
for those two issue?

Yeah

Why'd you put your name in the picture? Just so we have to crop it out if we want to claim the comics are ours?

lol You're lame.

Soljer

Either that, or to prove that he didn't just find the picture on the net and claim it as his.

capt it up
Yeah

lol You're lame.
why lol?

I own both those issues and I got them for like 10 dollars for both

Murda Ma$e
How did you get them for that much?

Swanky-Tuna
Either that, or to prove that he didn't just find the picture on the net and claim it as his.
Pffft, he could just 'shop it.

Murda Ma$e
LoL you don't believe me.laughing out loud

capt it up
How did you get them for that much?
found them at my comic shop and bought them lol.

Juntai
According to my issue of Civil War the battle damage report, Wolverine's physical stats are 'enhanced', as in beyond normal human range.

Black Panthers herb raised him to peak human, according to it as well.

capt it up
According to my issue of Civil War the battle damage report, Wolverine's physical stats are 'enhanced', as in beyond normal human range.

Black Panthers herb raised him to peak human, according to it as well.

you mean the civil war ironman files?

Juntai
you mean the civil war ironman files? The Damage Report.

Juntai
http://marvel.com/catalog/?book_id=6031
It goes through and gives detailed run downs of the stances of several major countries and organization and their stances on the registration act, as well as several dozens of characters and their current status, and their current abilities.

capt it up
The Damage Report.
when did this come out?

I remeber the civil war files, but not the damage report hmmm I wanna get this book.

Juntai
when did this come out?

I remeber the civil war files, but not the damage report hmmm I wanna get this book. This week.
I posted the link for you. And description.

capt it up
This week.
I posted the link for you. And description.
thanks a lot .

Juntai
By the way, the profile also states about his martial arts skills....

"He is a remarkable hand-to-hand combatant in almost every fighting style imaginable."

So they're not saying he's a master of every martial art, but he's decently well versed and can fight in nearly all known styles.

capt it up
By the way, the profile also states about his martial arts skills....

"He is a remarkable hand-to-hand combatant in almost every fighting style imaginable."

So they're not saying he's a master of every martial art, but he's decently well versed and can fight in nearly all known styles.

whats it say for capt's?

also remarkable can still be debate as having mastered it. since if you are remarkable at some thing you tend to be a master at it.
but enough of that whats capt say about him?

Juntai
whats it say for capt's?

also remarkable can still be debate as having mastered it. since if you are remarkable at some thing you tend to be a master at it.
but enough of that whats capt say about him? "Cap is the pinnacle of human perfection with peak human strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, and reflexes. He was highly skilled in hand-to-hand combat and a master of several martial arts."

Juntai
whats it say for capt's?

but enough of that whats capt say about him? Well,it tends to say exactly what it means having read many of the profiles in it. Remarkable suggests a good level to me, master is master, or in the case of Moon Night "accomplished hand to hand combatant" suggests he's a notch or so down from "remarkable". At least that's how I take it.

Validus
Accomplished is the nice way of saying they suck.

Juntai
Originally posted by Validus
Accomplished is the nice way of saying they suck. lmao.

capt it up
Well,it tends to say exactly what it means having read many of the profiles in it. Remarkable suggests a good level to me, master is master, or in the case of Moon Night "accomplished hand to hand combatant" suggests he's a notch or so down from "remarkable". At least that's how I take it.
see, but then you run into the whole problem with when he been stated as a master of bishudop and other styles in comics

so if you were in fact correct then that would mean this bio says he has never mastered a single style when he been stated in comics as mastering certain styles of combat.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>