Quasar vs. Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Faceman
Both characters written to their best. Who wins???????????????

Redatom65
if both characters are writtan at best? Atom annihilates him on my basic knowledge of quasar. Since quasar is writtan at his best. it may be a fight. i've never seen what a definition 'at his best" quasar. But based off my knowedge of the character. Atom should win this.

ALSO!

Since this is him at his best his suit is unbreachable. Before wildstorm he had a solid form under that metel alloy.

DigiMark007
Erm, "unbreachable" is just another buzzword that only holds true until it doesn't. Comics are filled with them. Infinite, unstoppable, indestructible, etc.

Quasar can consistently hang with heralds, cosmics, etc. and has shown much more on the energy manip. front. I'll take him for the slight majority.

Redatom65
Captain Atom before his return from Wildstorm was unlike major Force.
Major Force was more like the cartoon version of Captain Atom while the actual Captain Atom couldn't be breached. If someone cut through his metel alloy he wouldn't explode. Captain Atom has taken down lanterns and superman level characters. Superman is often compaired to that of heralds also to note the universe creation of his. Captain Atom is often writtan terribly but our charlston hero has proud roots and still takes the edge until I see hear otherwise, though unfortinatly I think more users will agree with you Digi.

Blair Wind
erm

At their best? Captain Atom remakes the universe without quasar in it. Done deal no expression

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
erm

At their best? Captain Atom remakes the universe without quasar in it. Done deal no expression

Well yeah, excluding that, because it's obviously the worst decision in recent comic history, SM/FL and Wolverine/Lobo included.

So yeah, if he's allowed to do that, it's over.

...but if a character is "written down" enough times, it's more than a fluke. Quasar has jobbed too, but not as often. It would be a great match, and yes Atom is capable of taking out A-listers, but my original assessment holds. Q 6 or 7/10.

Redatom65
well when you see Captain Atom losing to the likes of Mary Marvel it'll make you cringe. Thank ceasar's ghost that was retconned. I'm pretty sure Atom has it in him to take whatever the quantom bands throw at him and reverse it or just to patton his own energy levels. For once Atom's been introduced to some new form of energy He can reuse it in other battled, though he's typically more comfortable with atom based power. Glad you can acknowledge Catain Atom Digi, dispite him being writtan pretty bad throughout the 1990's.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Quasar would depower atom since thier powers are basically nearly the same. Quasar has shown greater control and fine tuning of his use of the quantum field. Quasar wins 7/10

horrorwolf
Captain Atom runs away with this one due to fighting ability/strength/endurance.

Redatom65
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Quasar would depower atom since thier powers are basically nearly the same. Quasar has shown greater control and fine tuning of his use of the quantum field. Quasar wins 7/10

no one's really ever drained captain atom o his power erm His power is based off will. If quasar tried it he'd jsut drain to much thate ven he can handle.

Atom still has the edge

Blair Wind
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Well yeah, excluding that, because it's obviously the worst decision in recent comic history, SM/FL and Wolverine/Lobo included.

Its not all that "recent" erm

eh, he has total control of quantum energy, and he his a quantum elemental. Cpt. Atom remakes the universe (I'm sure I'm making Batdude happy stick out tongue )

Redatom65
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Its not all that "recent" erm

eh, he has total control of quantum energy, and he his a quantum elemental. Cpt. Atom remakes the universe (I'm sure I'm making Batdude happy stick out tongue )

and me for that matter yes

bigbran
Originally posted by Redatom65
if both characters are writtan at best? Atom annihilates him on my basic knowledge of quasar. Since quasar is writtan at his best. it may be a fight. i've never seen what a definition 'at his best" quasar. But based off my knowedge of the character. Atom should win this.

ALSO!

Since this is him at his best his suit is unbreachable. Before wildstorm he had a solid form under that metel alloy. Atom is overated...

Redatom65
no, he's actually under rated and that's the problem

bigbran
no, he's actually over rated and that's the problem If you say so... wink

Batman-Prime
Captain Atom would win I think, as far as I know he is almost if not exactly Supermans equal. Captain Atom has a wide range of powers, including strength, and if count nef was able to break through Quasars bubbles :P Captain Atom will too. No honestly, Quasar would put up a decent fight but I give 8/10 to Captain Atom.

Redatom65
Originally posted by bigbran
If you say so... wink

come on he only has 1 figure. ever. He's often writtan in a jobbing state. he doesn't get enough love

Hercules
They both manipulate energy don't they? has Atom ever gone up against a Green Lantern?

Just thinking that would be the closest comparison I can think of, seems a lot of people are basing this on Atom's strength but he brings a lot more to the game than the physical.

I can't help thinking they would just cancel each other out... confused

Redatom65
Atom beat hal Jordan yes

Hercules
Atom beat hal Jordan yes

Ahh ok then...Atom wins! big grin

Redatom65
check the respect thread if ya wanta see it. batdude posted it

UniOmni
Atom isn't the equal of Superman.

Thats not the case. Should, would and coulds all around.

Quasar has taken on cosmic entities, and faired well.

He can beat CA for the majority, i'd say.

And Cap may have the initial brute force edge, but Quasar won't hesitate to armor up, and duke it out.

Redatom65
uh buddy. Captain Atom has taken out Apollo and Majestic. Superman level characters.

Further. Atom, all he has to do is fire kryptonite energy blasts or make a Kryptonite supernova/explosion or pure fission. Atom like i said is often severely under writtan

UniOmni
Apollo is a superman analogue, but he's not Superman level.

He did take out Majestic, but then again, Majestic isn't Superman either when it comes to durability.

Nice feats though.

And just because he took out some Superman analogues, doesn't mean he trumps Quasar at all.

Redatom65
but, regardless with the energies he possesses he can create a supernova of kryptonite energy. That'd hurt superman pretty bad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.