Darkseid vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think it's time to revisit this one. Cuz there are too many people thinking Thanos is sky lvl and too many people thinking DS is only sky lvl instead of the entity that he is. So here we all can post ideas, scans, theories or what ever and dedice who is truly the toughest stone face in comics.

Accel
Thanos 10/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
DS 1million/10

Big Sexy
Wow this is the first Time I've ever seen a thread like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Wow this is the first Time I've ever seen a thread like this roll eyes (sarcastic)

The mods let repeat threads go up if it's a hot issue and something widely debatable and stuff. They let the surfer thor thread go on for the very same reasons.

Accel
Thanos 3.3 billion/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Accel
Thanos 3.3 billion/10

Now explain why?

Jesse7
Ds 10/10, lets go by feats and scans, DS takes this easily.

Accel
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Now explain why?
Cuz he's Marvel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Cuz he's Marvel.

Then you prolly wanna get lost. I"m putting you on ignore. So dont' waste your time posting to me any more. As this thread is serious.

darthgoober
How can Thanos NOT be considered a skyfather, when he was able to take on the TOP skyfather, BEFORE his upgrade? And what evidence is there to support that DS is ABOVE skyfather?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
How can Thanos NOT be considered a skyfather, when he was able to take on the TOP skyfather, BEFORE his upgrade? And what evidence is there to support that DS is ABOVE skyfather?

The great Darkness Saga, DS absorbing THOUSANDS of pantheons and thier Sky father's power and adding it to his own, DS being able to totally Halt ARes witht he God wave, to name a few.

Accel
Then you prolly wanna get lost. I"m putting you on ignore. So dont' waste your time posting to me any more. As this thread is serious.
7900f44c82a964c25f448263bcfaa7a6

batdude123
Darkseid takes this. Darkseid>>>Thanos. It's quite simple actually.

darthgoober
The great Darkness Saga, DS absorbing THOUSANDS of pantheons and thier Sky father's power and adding it to his own, DS being able to totally Halt ARes witht he God wave, to name a few.
And where's the proof that he still HAS all that power, and hasn't used it up? For that matter, where's the proof of how much it increased his power?

Inhuman
Originally posted by Jesse7
Ds 10/10, lets go by feats and scans, DS takes this easily.

no PC scans smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
And where's the proof that he still HAS all that power, and hasn't used it up? For that matter, where's the proof of how much it increased his power?

The proof is in the fact that Takion , the avatar of the SOURCE was only able to stall Ares and Protect the heroes, DS, was able to completely Halt Ares. Where's your proof of Thano's upgrade lvl and how much of thanos is his own power. he upgrades himself with tech. We dont' know if the tech has ran out, or outdated itself or worn out. You see how rediculous it sounds to go into speculation tangets. Until it is shown that DS depleted the power, he still has it.

batdude123
Originally posted by Inhuman
no PC scans smile

The Crisis didn't even affect Darkseid you donkey!!! mad

Juntai
no PC scans smile He doesn't need them, as 90% of his appearances have been post Crisis, ala JKFW, Orion, etc. But the Crisis, per continuity, didn't effect him anyways. He remained outside of its influence.

Inhuman
Originally posted by batdude123
The Crisis didn't even affect Darkseid you donkey!!! mad

yada, yada , yada, roll eyes (sarcastic)
Bring in supes in this thread so he could lay down darkseid.
Or Batman even. smokin'

darthgoober
The proof is in the fact that Takion , the avatar of the SOURCE was only able to stall Ares and Protect the heroes, DS, was able to completely Halt Ares. Where's your proof of Thano's upgrade lvl and how much of thanos is his own power. he upgrades himself with tech. We dont' know if the tech has ran out, or outdated itself or worn out. You see how rediculous it sounds to go into speculation tangets. Until it is shown that DS depleted the power, he still has it.
Actually, Thanos DID have tech upgrades, but when Mistress Death brought him back, I'm pretty sure she didn't include all the tech upgrades. But to assume that DS STILL got the power that he absorbed from those patheons, is kinda like assuming that Thanos still has the power he absorbed right before his battle with Tyrant. Which would put him at a MUCH higher level of power.

rotiart
What absorbed power are you talking about...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Actually, Thanos DID have tech upgrades, but when Mistress Death brought him back, I'm pretty sure she didn't include all the tech upgrades. But to assume that DS STILL got the power that he absorbed from those patheons, is kinda like assuming that Thanos still has the power he absorbed right before his battle with Tyrant. Which would put him at a MUCH higher level of power.

Thanos never absorbed any power from the tyrant orb. He was using the orb itself in the battle. And it wasn't even the real one.

batdude123
yada, yada , yada, roll eyes (sarcastic)
Bring in supes in this thread so he could lay down darkseid.
Or Batman even. smokin'

How about we bring in Wolverine for Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Originally posted by rotiart
What absorbed power are you talking about... btw, Rotiart, noticing you have a mention of Ninja Scroll in your signature- Did you pick up issue one of Ninja Scroll today? They have a new ongoing through DC comics.

Juntai
How about we bring in Wolverine for Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic) Or SQuirrel Girl.
Or the cops.

Hell, Spiderman rocked Thanos with a kick.

batdude123
Originally posted by Juntai
Or SQuirrel Girl.
Or the cops.

Hell, Spiderman rocked Thanos with a kick.

laughing out loud

Accel
Squirrel Girl beats every body.

darthgoober
Yeah, that's not really a bad showing, she's something like a multiversal reality warper(who'd kick the sh*t out of Darkseid too). laughing out loud

batdude123

So does Superman. Moot point.

Inhuman
How about we bring in Wolverine for Thanos. roll eyes (sarcastic)

First off Wolverine cuts whomever he pleases.
Second there is a big difference between cut & beating the crap out of. As in supes and darky.

squirrel girl. If you cant see that SG is a humorous type thing then your beyong help. erm

rotiart
btw, Rotiart, noticing you have a mention of Ninja Scroll in your signature- Did you pick up issue one of Ninja Scroll today? They have a new ongoing through DC comics.

actually no. im talking about the movies... animes.. i don't really read the manga.. or the dc comics version. :P

So far i've listed my favorite anime for others who want to try to watch them.

darthgoober
Thanos never absorbed any power from the tyrant orb. He was using the orb itself in the battle. And it wasn't even the real one.
Fine then, the power he absorbed from THOU. There is that better?

Accel
So does Superman. Moot point.
Squirrel Girl's victories were never retconned.

ExodusCloak
Squirrel Girl's victories were never retconned.

eek! laughing How true...

Juntai
Fine then, the power he absorbed from THOU. There is that better? Yet, we know for a fact he doesn't have that power.

As long as Darkseid doesn't Omega Beam himself, he's going to crush Thanos.

darthgoober
Yet, we know for a fact he doesn't have that power.

As long as Darkseid doesn't Omega Beam himself, he's going to crush Thanos.
And how do we know for a fact that DS still has the power that he absorbed? Didn't that arc have his best showings?

Inhuman
Didnt the OE not erase Thanos?
If they fight in a neutural universe(no source(dc), or marvel). Who would win. Were DS cant resort to the pis effect.

Scarlet315
Thanos takes this and easily too. Thanos is always battleready. He relies on both brain and brawn, not to mention that he is made immortal by death. There is a site, ill try looking for it that says that Darkseid relies to much on his omega effect that he is not that good when it comes to throwing down so there...

Juntai
And how do we know for a fact that DS still has the power that he absorbed? Didn't that arc have his best showings? No, his showings are all through time.

We know he has it, because absorbing Pantheons is how he came to power.

They even made mention of him doing it later, in JKFW in the late 90s.

We've seen him create Takion's equal opposite, Stayne, by simply reaching out with a giant starry hand. Assuming you know how powerful Takion is.

Darkseid's feats are awesome.

darthgoober
No, his showings are all through time.

We know he has it, because absorbing Pantheons is how he came to power.

They even made mention of him doing it later, in JKFW in the late 90s.

We've seen him create Takion's equal opposite, Stayne, by simply reaching out with a giant starry hand. Assuming you know how powerful Takion is.

Darkseid's feats are awesome.
I know he has good showings that happen. I'm saying wasn't that when his BEST showings happen.

Juntai
Didnt the OE not erase Thanos?
If they fight in a neutural universe(no source(dc), or marvel). Who would win. Were DS cant resort to the pis effect. .... How about no. We aren't taking characters powers away.

Otherwise, we'll say Superman vs Thor, Dr Strange, and Odin, only it's in a nuetral universe where Magic and Odinforce don't exist.

rotiart
No magic???? omg superman loses... Her jobber aura is due entirely to magic!

Accel
Superman's a girl now?

Inhuman
.... How about no. We aren't taking characters powers away.

Otherwise, we'll say Superman vs Thor, Dr Strange, and Odin, only it's in a nuetral universe where Magic and Odinforce don't exist.

So you would be totally fine with the statement "Darkseid erases Thanos in a second 10/10"? (even though he cant)
This would be totally exceptable to you?

Juntai
So you would be totally fine with the statement "Darkseid erases Thanos in a second 10/10"? (even though he cant)
This would be totally exceptable to you? I never said that, but Darkseid has more powers avaiable through the Omega than just erasing people. Taking it away, you're taking away a lot of his character.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This would be totally exceptable to you?

In a merged universe, the OE wouldnt be able to erase Thanos becuz thanos is out side of fate or something like that. kinda like warlock and surfer and stuff.(akin to being imporant to the source) But DS could do to thanos what thanos did to the runner. His OE can pretty much do anything the Time, reality or space gem can do on thier own. DS could Turn thanos into a baby again or something nasty like that. IF it where hand to hand, I dont know. They both can fight hella well. But I think DS has many more life times of exp than thanos.

Juntai
In a merged universe, the OE wouldnt be able to erase Thanos becuz thanos is out side of fate or something like that. kinda like warlock and surfer and stuff.(akin to being imporant to the source) But DS could do to thanos what thanos did to the runner. His OE can pretty much do anything the Time, reality or space gem can do on thier own. DS could Turn thanos into a baby again or something nasty like that. IF it where hand to hand, I dont know. They both can fight hella well. But I think DS has many more life times of exp than thanos. Mostly true, however I don't see how Thanos couldn't be transported to Oblivion. Which is how both teleportation through space/time and erasing people happens.

Inhuman
In a merged universe, the OE wouldnt be able to erase Thanos becuz thanos is out side of fate or something like that. kinda like warlock and surfer and stuff.(akin to being imporant to the source) But DS could do to thanos what thanos did to the runner. His OE can pretty much do anything the Time, reality or space gem can do on thier own. DS could Turn thanos into a baby again or something nasty like that. IF it where hand to hand, I dont know. They both can fight hella well. But I think DS has many more life times of exp than thanos.

I see. So your saying DS basically has the Infinity Gauntlet in his eye Omega beams. Hmmm I get it now. I dont see why he would obses so much over ALE if he has the damn IG at his disposal.
Thanks for clearing that up. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
I see. So your saying DS basically has the Infinity Gauntlet in his eye Omega beams. Hmmm I get it now. I dont see why he would obses so much over ALE if he has the damn IG at his disposal.

You don't have to be sore at the fact that Darkseid is above Thanos. erm He just is...

Juntai
Thanks for clearing that up. roll eyes (sarcastic) Oddly enough, he can and has done all of that stuff. Just not quite on the universal scale as the gems can in the right hands. -That- is why Darkseid wants the ALE.

Inhuman
Oddly enough, he can and has done all of that stuff. Just not quite on the universal scale as the gems can in the right hands. -That- is why Darkseid wants the ALE.

Yea I can see him doing some of those things to weaker beings. But not to the more powerful foes.

Also not realating to anything but the IG>ALE as far as we seen.

batdude123
But not to the more powerful foes.

Even though he pwns pantheon's of gods and skyfathers? huh

nvrbeenwthagirl

The Omega effect is more than his eye beams. It's part of the source, and he has used it to affect reality, control aspects of time, aspects of space, and more. the IG can affect souls and minds. I dont know if DS can affect souls, but he sure as hell can minds. So He kinda does resemble a mini IG.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yea I can see him doing some of those things to weaker beings. But not to the more powerful foes.

Also not realating to anything but the IG>ALE as far as we seen.

This would be including Ares with the GODWAVE trapped in time and space? I guess he doesn't really use it on more powerful foes. YOur right.

Juntai

Also not realating to anything but the IG>ALE as far as we seen. Why not? He runs around fighting Pantheon Gods, New Gods, and teams of the highest end heros?
He's created skyfather level beings with a fraction of his power.
He turned Secret, who was a being of phenominal power, training with Spectre and New Gods, to be an aspect of death and void, of sorts, into a human girl.
In one comic, he killed Kalibak, nearly a Superman level baddie, with a touch.

Let's face it, Darkseids really only bad showings are losing to Supes, but hey, Supes beats everyone. And it's taken him shooting himself with his most powerful attack in all of his recorded losses so far.

I've read most every Thanos appearance, ranging from his 12 issue series, Thanos Quest, Infinity Watch, the Infinite Gauntlet series, The End etc... I'm a fan of the guy, but he's not beating Darkseid without prep when Darkseid is fighting to optimum, as per forum rules.

Inhuman
Why not? He runs around fighting Pantheon Gods, New Gods, and teams of the highest end heros?
He turned Secret, who was a being of phenominal power, training with Spectre and New Gods, to be an aspect of death and void, of sorts, into a human girl.

Let's face it, Darkseids really only bad showings are losing to Supes, but hey, Supes beats everyone. And it's taken him shooting himself with his most powerful attack in all of his recorded losses so far.

I've read most every Thanos appearance, ranging from his 12 issue series, Thanos Quest, Infinity Watch, the Infinite Gauntlet series, The End etc... I'm a fan of the guy, but he's not beating Darkseid without prep when Darkseid is fighting to optimum, as per forum rules.

I mean the OE will not just erase thanos if they ever fought.
Second I never said who would win this. Just stating certain things because to some it seems they are convinced that DS can just erase thanos in seconds 10/10.
Sorry aint going to happen. No matter how much you dislike the guy. He is on par with darky.

batdude123
Why not? He runs around fighting Pantheon Gods, New Gods, and teams of the highest end heros?

Well said. Thanos<<<Darkseid

It's as simple as that.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I mean the OE will not just erase thanos if they ever fought.
Second I never said who would win this. Just stating certain things because to some it seems they are convinced that DS can just erase thanos in seconds 10/10.
Sorry aint going to happen. No matter how much you dislike the guy. He is on par with darky.

Don't fool urself. He's not on par with DS. THanos is closer in power to Asmodel,Despero, GOG, or someone like that. He's definitely above Thor, Superman and those types. But most of the feats DS has accomplished, Thanos has to use some outside power up to do.

Inhuman
Don't fool urself. He's not on par with DS. THanos is closer in power to Asmodel,Despero, GOG, or someone like that. He's definitely above Thor, Superman and those types.

some think superman takes the majority over thanos.

nvrbeenwthagirl

As big a DC fan as you think I am, I'm no fool. Superman can't barely beat a DS avatar, I know Thanos would beat him.

Juntai
On a good day, Supes could take Thanos, but Thanos, being far more consistant would take the majority, imo. But these days Superman barely tries anymore, he's just so powerful.

nvrbeenwthagirl
On a good day, Supes could take Thanos, but Thanos, being far more consistant would take the majority, imo. But these days Superman barely tries anymore, he's just so powerful.

A Sun Dipped Superman may take Thanos A little. but to be honest, DS and Thanos have to many energy powers to be beaten Superman. DS doesn't even fight Superman correctly. Not when he can transmute matter and energy. Superman just makes me tired. He's not all that skilled, and he just pulls wins out of his ass. Superman is ruining DC comics.

Inhuman

my point exactly roll eyes (sarcastic)
Besides the "its superman" aura.
I have a hard time believing he would take one win from thanos.

Juntai
my point exactly roll eyes (sarcastic)
Besides the "its superman" aura.
I have a hard time believing he would take one win from thanos. Superman's taken on beings on his level and higher and with decent frequency, it's shouldn't be that hard to believe. You can chalk it up to whatever you want, but he pulls the W on them.

Inhuman
Superman's taken on beings on his level and higher and with decent frequency, it's shouldn't be that hard to believe. You can chalk it up to whatever you want, but he pulls the W on them.

If you want to go by that logic then Thanos takes on beings waaaay out of supermans league.
Also he slaps around surfer who imo takes the majority over supes.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If you want to go by that logic then Thanos takes on beings waaaay out of supermans league.
Also he slaps around surfer who imo takes the majority over supes.

I must agree that Superman cannot beat Thanos. Now, Superman and WW together can pull it off. Or Superman and Flash. But no way superman by himself. Thanos Fights herald lvl beings all the time. Superman is herald lvl.

Juntai
Also he slaps around surfer who imo takes the majority over supes. Way out of Supes' league, like a King Angel, a Lord of Hell, Imperiex, Dominus, Gods?
Yeah. Supes can match feat for feat.

I already said Thanos would take majority, imo.
But no way in hell he pulls 10/10 on the man of tomorrow.

batdude123
Way out of Supes' league, like a King Angel, a Lord of Hell, Imperiex, Dominus, Gods?

Don't forget Maggeddon and Queen of Fables. ermm

Juntai
Btw, if Surfer engaged Superman the way he does against Thanos, he would go down just as easily.

People on the forum consider Surfer over Superman assuming he's using POWERS which he doesn't when fighting Thanos.

Big Sexy
For me there are a number of scenarios that come to mind when I think of Darkseid vs thanos. First is what level Darkseids at In recent years I would say thanos take a majority. In the older eras such as when Darkseid was still feared than Darkseid wins decisively. Another thing is prep. Both have pretty good track records with prep but I would give the edge to Thanos who seems to make it a habbit of outsmarting universal and multiversal threats.

Inhuman
Way out of Supes' league, like a King Angel, a Lord of Hell, Imperiex, Dominus, Gods?

how many does supes take over darkseid in your opinion?

nvrbeenwthagirl
For me there are a number of scenarios that come to mind when I think of Darkseid vs thanos. First is what level Darkseids at In recent years I would say thanos take a majority. In the older eras such as when Darkseid was still feared than Darkseid wins. Another thing is prep. Both have pretty good track records with prep but I would give the edge to Thanos who seems to make it a habbit of outsmarting universal and multiversal threats.

Thanos outsmarts Universal threats. Darksied out powers them outright.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Superman didn't beat any of those people out right. He dind't beat asmodel. he just stalemated him. for a bit. He sure as hell didn't beat imperiex on his own. and he used that silly trick came out of his ass power called tvo. i'm not buying what ur selling.

Juntai
how many does supes take over darkseid in your opinion? Since OWAW, he's 3 for 3.

Big Sexy
Thanos outsmarts Universal threats. Darksied out powers them outright. Like who AM. Thats debatable. Sure wasn't Imperiex. He stalmated Highfather, hardly a universal threat. If Darkseid was Universal, his battle with New Genesis would have been over years ago.

Juntai
Superman didn't beat any of those people out right. He dind't beat asmodel. he just stalemated him. for a bit. He sure as hell didn't beat imperiex on his own. and he used that silly trick came out of his ass power called tvo. i'm not buying what ur selling. Came out of his ass power...?
Sorry, it was something taught to him in a storyarc, he didn't invent it. Do you read Superman?

batdude123
Came out of his ass power...?
Sorry, it was something taught to him in a storyarc, he didn't invent it. Do you read Superman?

Apparently not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Like who AM. Thats debatable. Sure wasn't Imperiex. He stalmated Highfather, hardly a universal threat. If Darkseid was Universal, his battle with New Genesis would have been over years ago.

Yeah, he outpowered ares tho. at least for a little while. and ares was every bit multiversal. able to create universes and such with mere thoughts.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Like who AM. Thats debatable. Sure wasn't Imperiex. He stalmated Highfather, hardly a universal threat. If Darkseid was Universal, his battle with New Genesis would have been over years ago.

High Father is the balance to DS. The source makes it so. DS cannot defeat NEw genesis. And DS has absorbed a hell of a lot of powre. Ares was multiversal, and he got stopped dead in his tracks.

Big Sexy
Yeah, he outpowered ares tho. at least for a little while. and ares was every bit multiversal. able to create universes and such with mere thoughts. Actually If I remembered correctly he outsmarted Ares similar to what zemo recently did to genisvelle.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Came out of his ass power...?

Out of his ass meaning it doesn't even go with the character. Superman is ruining DC comics.

Big Sexy
Out of his ass meaning it doesn't even go with the character. Superman is ruining DC comics. You are aware TVo had nothing to do with beating Imperiex.

nvrbeenwthagirl
You are aware TVo had nothing to do with beating Imperiex. [/QUOTE

YEs. Tvo was for dominus. THe strange visitor had alot to do with super's victory.

Juntai
Out of his ass meaning it doesn't even go with the character. Superman is ruining DC comics. Superman built DC comics.

Big Sexy
Out of his ass meaning it doesn't even go with the character. Superman is ruining DC comics. Its a little contradicting. If Darkseid was universal, he wouldn't have needed the AlE in the first place.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Its a little contradicting. If Darkseid was universal, he wouldn't have needed the AlE in the first place.

The ALE is beyond universal. It's multiversal. And Darkseid is not Universal in the sense that he can control the entire universe at any one point in time. But he is a threat to the entirety of the cosmos.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Superman built DC comics.

And Now he's ruining. it. He keeps all the other characters from operating at thier maximum potention. He keeps Dc from being original. Every thing originates from him or books he's in. Especially space and cosmic beings. every one and their mother in dc has super speed, flight, and super strength, just like him. he needs to be banished.

Big Sexy
The ALE is beyond universal. It's multiversal. And Darkseid is not Universal in the sense that he can control the entire universe at any one point in time. But he is a threat to the entirety of the cosmos. Dude in the arc Cosmic Odyssey darkseid states that even a piece of the ALE would bring his univese to its knees. I have see no proof (scans perhaps ) that Darkseid is this big universal destroyer. Please provide some scans.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Dude in the arc Cosmic Odyssey darkseid states that even a piece of the ALE would bring his univese to its knees. I have see no proof (scans perhaps ) that Darkseid is this big universal destroyer. Please provide some scans.

Where did you see me say Darkseid is a universal destroyer? He does have the power to Attack and slow down universal destroyers. Such as the AM and Ares with the Godwave.

Big Sexy
Where did you see me say Darkseid is a universal destroyer? He does have the power to Attack and slow down universal destroyers. Such as the AM and Ares with the Godwave. This all started when I stated Thanos has outsmarted universal and multiversal destroys. You told me they he just plain beats them. If you can beat a universal destroyer such as AM(which is a croc) The ALe wouldn't be needed specially considering what it took to defeat it.
Anyway talk to you later, gotta go for now

Juntai
This all started when I stated Thanos has outsmarted universal and multiversal destroys. You told me they he just plain beats them. If you can beat a universal destroyer such as AM(which is a croc) The ALe wouldn't be needed specially considering what it took to defeat it. Anti-Monitor was a multiversal threat.

nvrbeenwthagirl
This all started when I stated Thanos has outsmarted universal and multiversal destroys. You told me they he just plain beats them. If you can beat a universal destroyer such as AM(which is a croc) The ALe wouldn't be needed specially considering what it took to defeat it.
Anyway talk to you later, gotta go for now

Ttyl. I guess I could say it's a croc for Thanos to be able to do that much Dmg to big G as well. It would help my case for DS.

Big Sexy
Anti-Monitor was a multiversal threat. No what I mean is the statement that Darkseid overpowered antimonitor.

Juntai
No what I mean is the statement that Darkseid overpowered antimonitor. Weakened from his original self, due to fighting Spectre. But yes, he powered himself up with an entire universe and got rocked.

Mr Master
ALE is NOT Multiversal at all.

It is surely more powerful than a Universal destroyer, but it CAN'T even leave it's own Realm.

As a matter of fact, the ALE CAN'T Survive outside it's own Realm.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/5678/ale3zr7.th.jpg

Therefore the ALE would Never be able to attack or damage any other Universe.
(hence, NOT Multiversal)

Big Sexy
Weakened from his original self, due to fighting Spectre. But yes, he powered himself up with an entire universe and got rocked. My point was darkseid overpowering multiversal threats is an exaggeration on what actually happened.

nvrbeenwthagirl
IF the Ale couldn't live outside of it's own wrealm, Dr. Fate woudln't have destroyed countless lives and asked for forgiveness for destroying that universe just to trap the ale. A small fraction of the ale's power would give DS all the power he ever wanted. So the entirety of the ALE makes it multiversal. Just to clear somethings up for anyone who thinks the ALE in it's entirety isn't all that it supposed to be. But since this is my thread and not about the ALe persay, let's stay on topic about Thanos and DS.

nvrbeenwthagirl
bumpity bump bump bump

newyorkcares
Ok according to wikipedia, Thanos and Darkseid have basically the exact same powers.They are both effectively immortal, both evil incarnate ,both insanely powerful. Of all the comics,threads, heresay and facts, I really cant say how one could conceivably beat the other.
If I get rich i will buy marvel and dc,combine the universes and the last three people alive will be Thanos, Darkseid and that guy who has to die last from the great lakes avengers. This is draw. They'll be like Jack and Barbossa doomed to fight until judgement day.

Jimmy-Chan
Darkseid didn't "overpower" Anti-Monitor so much as leave him dying with a sucker shot.

juggernaut66666
Cut it out with this Superman bullshit Thanos also got owned by guys like Squirrel Girl ,Thor,even Wolverine

Inhuman
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Cut it out with this Superman bullshit Thanos also got owned by guys like Squirrel Girl ,Thor,even Wolverine

Yes lets all post low showings.
was this post nessesary? The exact same post was posted by nvr and jesse7 plenty of times before.
Plus Wolverine scartching thanos is owning i guessroll eyes (sarcastic)
good one.

batdude123
Darkseid wtfpwns Thanos.

Inhuman
Darkseid wtfpwns Thanos.
DS low showings>Thanos low showings.
Ds has gotten the crap beat out of him in a worst way. Asskicking delux.
No way to repair that by the writters. smile

anyhow ds may take 5.5/10 from thanos. as it stands now. Thanos has no showing in his current state.

juggernaut66666
DS low showings>Thanos low showings.
Ds has gotten the crap beat out of him in a worst way. Asskicking delux.
No way to repair that by the writters. smile

anyhow ds may take 5.5/10 from thanos. as it stands now. Thanos has no showing in his current state.
So squirrel girl is above superman ???

Inhuman
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
So squirrel girl is above superman ???

Of coarse she is above supes!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Of coarse she is above supes! \\

Superman doesn't have to fight her to win. he can destroy the entire area she's in . Same with thanos. Her win was BS against Thanos. SHe shoudl only be able to win against people who have to fight with in her area. Superman could drop a mountain on her from the sky. Thanos could do much worse.

Kutulu
\\

Superman doesn't have to fight her to win. he can destroy the entire area she's in . Same with thanos. Her win was BS against Thanos. SHe shoudl only be able to win against people who have to fight with in her area. Superman could drop a mountain on her from the sky. Thanos could do much worse.

Superman would get friggin' owned by squirrel girl!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Kutulu
Superman would get friggin' owned by squirrel girl!

Unless of course he didnt' actually fight her. He could just start a storm in her area, heat vision all the oxygen away, or blow a car on top of her.

Lord Urizen
Unless of course he didnt' actually fight her. He could just start a storm in her area, heat vision all the oxygen away, or blow a car on top of her.

You know its actually starting to piss me off how they are making Thanos job now..first to fkn Squirrel Girl, and then to the Fantastic Four....

They are turning Thanos into the modern day Darksied, and i dont fkn know why...

Why ruin a great character like that ?

Lord Urizen
Darkseid wtfpwns Thanos.

You wish bro, we've been through this a million times....Thanos owns Darksied...he is way smarter, has always been more successful, and is way more dangerous.

Darksied is a joke...

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
You know its actually starting to piss me off how they are making Thanos job now..first to fkn Squirrel Girl, and then to the Fantastic Four....

They are turning Thanos into the modern day Darksied, and i dont fkn know why...

Why ruin a great character like that ? Squirrel girl was a christmas special though. And more so it happened right after Thanos had given up being a Universal Destroyer. I doubt it was in continuity.

Priest
Squirrel girl was a christmas special though. And more so it happened right after Thanos had given up being a Universal Destroyer. I doubt it was in continuity.
it isent cannon

thedude1948
Squirrel Girl beating Thanos IS canon.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by thedude1948
Squirrel Girl beating Thanos IS canon. Can it be proven?

Horrificus
I hope it isn't canon, but it seems like they did everything they could to POUND it into Marvel continuity. For some reason.
Even going as far as having Uatu say it was the one and only Thanos.
I don't know why they did it, but it really screws it all up.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by Horrificus
I hope it isn't canon, but it seems like they did everything they could to POUND it into Marvel continuity. For some reason.
Even going as far as having Uatu say it was the one and only Thanos.
I don't know why they did it, but it really screws it all up. Yeah but it goes against continuity. At That time Thanos gave up trying to destroy everything. Even the artwork is kiddie

bigbran
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

Why ruin a great character like that ? In all fairness, Squirrel Girl is a god.

Plus, Fantastic 4?

bigbran
I don't remember Thanos jobbing to the 4.

thedude1948
Can it be proven?

The Christmas Special was basically a wrap-up to the whole GLA mini which is in continuity. Just because Squirrel Girl beating Thanos is "ridiculous" to some doesnt mean the story is out of continuity. And losing to Squirrel Girl isnt really a low feat seeing as how she has beaten Dr. Doom and others almost effortlessly. It isnt anymore ridiculous than everything Karate Kid has done.

great_dane
ds over thanos. he can simply erase him from time

OneDumbG0
Did Darkseid come back after getting punked by Superman in Superman/Batman? When did all this stuff where he takes down skyfather level characters happen? Before or after? I was under the impression that everybody knew Darkseid was a Thanos wannabe and severely whored out as a punching dummy by DC.

ExodusCloak
Squirrel Girl is God...it's not that much of an embarassment considering...her power is to take beings down who are way out of her league powerset-wise....and she practically owns everyone...anyway the GLX special is canon...

Where'd I post those scans now...

http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page09tj7.jpg
http://img364.imageshack.us/my.php?image=page19hj9.jpg

It seems her powers are more devastating off panel..so yeah she'd take down Supes too... stick out tongue

She also handed Terrax his ass too..

Superboy Prime
I want to marry Squirrel Girl.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Since everyone seems to think Thanos beats everyone under skyfather, Why is he even compared to the likes of DS who is at the very least the very strongest of Sky Fathers?

Soljer
Since everyone seems to think Thanos beats everyone under skyfather, Why is he even compared to the likes of DS who is at the very least the very strongest of Sky Fathers?

Strongest of skyfathers?

Think not.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
Strongest of skyfathers?

Think not.

Highfather is part of the quint. They are all at the very least, the strongest sky fathers. DS in the past has stalemated Highfather and grew to be more powerful than HF. So you tell me.

Soujaboy

When has current DS defeated sky fathers?

Soljer
Highfather is part of the quint. They are all at the very least, the strongest sky fathers. DS in the past has stalemated Highfather and grew to be more powerful than HF. So you tell me.

In addition to what Souja just stated, you're only taking into account DC skyfathers.

I'd be inclined to believe that Odin or Rune King Thor would embarrass Darkseid.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soujaboy
When has current DS defeated sky fathers?

When he destroyed thousands of Pantheons and ABSORBED thier power. When he had the entire Gaurdians not even wanting a confrontation with him. When the lords of chaos and order shut the **** up in his presence.

nvrbeenwthagirl
In addition to what Souja just stated, you're only taking into account DC skyfathers.

I'd be inclined to believe that Odin or Rune King Thor would embarrass Darkseid.

FO course you would. it's called fanboyism.

Soljer
FO course you would. it's called fanboyism.

If, by fanboyism, you mean the basest of common sense.

nvrbeenwthagirl
If, by fanboyism, you mean the basest of common sense.

No it's called fanboyism, since you have no bases upon which to say DC sky father's are any weaker. Actually, DC"s magic is much more powerful than Marvel's and DC has many more Cosmic sources as well.

Soljer
No it's called fanboyism, since you have no bases upon which to say DC sky father's are any weaker. Actually, DC"s magic is much more powerful than Marvel's and DC has many more Cosmic sources as well.

You keep using that word....

Meaning it MUST be equated with 'the basest of common sense,' as there is no other explanation for it's context....

nvrbeenwthagirl
You keep using that word....

Meaning it MUST be equated with 'the basest of common sense,' as there is no other explanation for it's context....
You are the one who decided to say that DC's skyfather's were somehow less than Marvels. When clearly DC has much more powerful magic.

Soljer
You are the one who decided to say that DC's skyfather's were somehow less than Marvels. When clearly DC has much more powerful magic.

Where did I say the words "Marvel Skyfathers> DC skyfathers?"

That's a wee bit general.

I simply said that Odin or Rune King Thor could take Darkseid, not that ANY marvel Skyfather could take darkseid...

Soujaboy

By showings most if not all DC skyfathers are under Odin. wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Where did I say the words "Marvel Skyfathers> DC skyfathers?"

That's a wee bit general.

I simply said that Odin or Rune King Thor could take Darkseid, not that ANY marvel Skyfather could take darkseid...

You keep thinking Odin can Take DS when DS has just as many awesome feats. More so considering The respec DS gets from abstract beings like the lords of Chaos and Order and the Entire race of guardians.

Soujaboy
When he destroyed thousands of Pantheons and ABSORBED thier power. When he had the entire Gaurdians not even wanting a confrontation with him. When the lords of chaos and order shut the **** up in his presence.

when was this?

Soujaboy
You keep thinking Odin can Take DS when DS has just as many awesome feats. More so considering The respec DS gets from abstract beings like the lords of Chaos and Order and the Entire race of guardians.

When did respect equate to power?

and can we get scans of these supposed events?

nvrbeenwthagirl
when was this?

Check The DS respect thread. It's pretty good.

Soujaboy
Check The DS respect thread. It's pretty good.

Why don't you get it for me, you claimed it so the burden of proof is on you.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Why don't you get it for me, you claimed it so the burden of proof is on you.

In the end, it wont' matter, your still going to have your opinion and you will claim something like PIS, or DS is weaker or WTF ever. But I'll post the links.

Soujaboy
In the end, it wont' matter, your still going to have your opinion and you will claim something like PIS, or DS is weaker or WTF ever. But I'll post the links.

good laughing

nvrbeenwthagirl
good laughing

This is the guardians talking about a fight with DS

http://img519.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fb51e29ejpgorig7xs.jpg

DS hurts the Spectre, Let's see Odin do this to the LT

http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fbd7b508jpgorig7uu.jpg

DS beats Highfather down, who is easily a match for Odin( make Special Note DS is using his comsic powers that have nothing to do with the OE.

http://img67.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventure460292wo.jpg

Desaad
When did respect equate to power?

and can we get scans of these supposed events?

While I agree that its not concrete proof, its clear (to me at least) that these lords of Chaos and Order were actually AFRAID of Darkseid.

Now, he didn't defeat them in a fight or anything, but these are very cosmicly tuned beings, so I'm quite sure that they would know exactly how powerful he is, in comparison to their power.

Keep in mind, Nabu is a Lord of Order.

I'd post the links to the events myself, but apparently I don't have enough posts under my belt to do that.

That said, if you are trying to find the Darkseid respect thread, go to the Comic Edge Battleboard.

I do think Thanos would win, though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Desaad
While I agree that its not concrete proof, its clear (to me at least) that these lords of Chaos and Order were actually AFRAID of Darkseid.

Now, he didn't defeat them in a fight or anything, but these are very cosmicly tuned beings, so I'm quite sure that they would know exactly how powerful he is, in comparison to their power.

Keep in mind, Nabu is a Lord of Order.

I'd post the links to the events myself, but apparently I don't have enough posts under my belt to do that.

That said, if you are trying to find the Darkseid respect thread, go to the Comic Edge Battleboard.

I do think Thanos would win, though.
How can thanos beat the most powerful of all DC skyfathers when he can't Odin. And what does Thanos have in his arsenal to beat the OE?

Desaad

Odin would almost assuredly destroy Darkseid, just as he did Thanos.

He has many feats that Darkseid doesn't, not the least of which being the destruction of GALAXIES in his battle with an elder god.

Its really not even a contest, unless you are specifically talking about the Darkseid from the Great Darkness Saga.

Desaad
How can thanos beat the most powerful of all DC skyfathers when he can't Odin. And what does Thanos have in his arsenal to beat the OE?

The most powerful of all DC Skyfathers?

I don't know about that. Odin created a pocket universe. Has Darkseid ever done that?

I agree that with the Wipeout beams, Darkseid would kill Thanos. That said, we've seen energy deflect them twice before (Orion and Superman). So its not inconcievable that he could deflect them somehow.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>