Anyone else just hates Mindwipes in Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
I've always found Mind wipes in stories rather lame. It's like the writers use them as a last minute option when the story gets confusing. I'm wondering how many of you don't like them much?

(After reading this I promise you won't forget this Topic)

TricksterPriest
Well, Identity Crisis handled it well. Having Bats go apeshit over Zatanna mindwiping the villains was good. I thought that was one of the better mindwipe stories. Usually, like with the first two times the white martians broke their conditioning nosweat, it gets annoying. That part was bad, the rest of the story was pretty good.

I think Marvel tends to screw up more when writing that kind of story than DC does.

WrathfulDwarf
It was okay, but then there was the horrendous mess with Catwoman's mindwipe. It was one of the major issues why I drop the book.

ScarletSpider
I find most telepathic shit just boring. Examples being, primely, the X-Men, all the astral mind-power shit gets annoying. Just read any recent Claremont story, Rachel Grey, Emma Frost, all the Phoenix crap, etc. it's tedious.

Draco69
Catwoman was horrible. YEARS of watching Catwoman evolve from a thief to a thief with a hero complex down the f**king drain because it turns out Zatanna made her good in the first place.

It's a complete tarnishing of her character. It's like saying Batman didn't really become Batman because of his parents' death but because Zatanna used her magic mojo to inspire him to fight crime.

Bullsh**.

roughrider
I see Sentry doing a MAJOR mindwipe of the Marvel Universe within a few years (like how he erased himself from everyone's memory), in the wake of all the damage after Civil War.
Spider Man and Daredevil will have their secret identities back etc.
You heard it here first...

Badabing
I hate when I see people debate that Superman wins via T-Vo. no expression

Validus
I agree with ScarletSpider. Telepathy as handled in comics is about the most boring power out there.

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by Validus
I agree with ScarletSpider. Telepathy as handled in comics is about the most boring power out there.

Yeah.

I mean, geez, doesn't Marvel have enough Telepaths already? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Martian_mind
Jonn mindwipes everyone so that no-one remembers that mindwipes exist.

There,problem solved.

grey fox
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I find most telepathic shit just boring. Examples being, primely, the X-Men, all the astral mind-power shit gets annoying. Just read any recent Claremont story, Rachel Grey, Emma Frost, all the Phoenix crap, etc. it's tedious.

Definitely Agree , telepathy is overused , drawn out and boring. Telekinesis needs more of a highlight.

I demand a telekinetic with a trench coat and a Katana !

Martian_mind
For awhile Cable met half the qualification...

Juntai
Captain Comet is good though. smile

Superherovandal
I actually think Emma's like the only telepath in comics that actually does some really imaginative and cool stuff with telepathy. I mean orgasm-inducing is just priceless.

TricksterPriest
blink When did she do that and which issue? stick out tongue

Martian_mind
Jonn has given Flash X-ray Vision with Telepathy.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by Martian_mind
<Insert generic MM fanboyism here>

petpet

TricksterPriest
laughing btw, that smiley still creeps me out.

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing btw, that smiley still creeps me out.

I could understand the creepiness if the hand was a tad lower... hmm

Martian_mind
Would a smilie have genitals?

SpunkySmurph
Would a smilie have genitals?

Smilies can have anything when it suits them.

Oh, dammnit, I just gave you a huge opening to exercises more fanboyism. mhm

Martian_mind
It's too easy....

I'm remaking the respect thread!!!

Symmetric Chaos
It's too easy....

I'm remaking the respect thread!!!

eek!

A SMILEY RESPECT THREAD w00t

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
eek!

A SMILEY RESPECT THREAD w00t

No,a jonn one....

Move over Namor....

SpunkySmurph
No,a jonn one....

Move over Namor....

I like SC's idea better. ermm

Martian_mind
Oh quiet you sack of large distasteful barnacles.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
blink When did she do that and which issue? stick out tongue

http://img319.imageshack.us/img319/8769/newxmen11811nn1.jpg

ScarletSpider
Yeah, but in addition to some wavering telepathy, he has superstrength, telekinesis and the cool spaceman motiff. Plus he doesn't go around mind-wiping people like it's his job. The new Mystery in Space series has been a fun read so far.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.