I need sum advice from the people who get the book at midnight plz????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Anakin16
Hope u can help me out here. well anyways i've never gone out to get the book at midnight and this yr i'm actually thinking about going because its the last book.

so i'm just wondering what time do u sugest that i go to a book store at. coz i don't want to be waiting in line forever.

also somebody told me u have to get a ticket is this true.

Thanx in advance for replying.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Darth Anakin16
Hope u can help me out here. well anyways i've never gone out to get the book at midnight and this yr i'm actually thinking about going because its the last book.

so i'm just wondering what time do u sugest that i go to a book store at. coz i don't want to be waiting in line forever.

also somebody told me u have to get a ticket is this true.

Thanx in advance for replying. Depends what store your going to.

Gravitation
At the store I go to (Borders) we get a ticket number. And when they call your group of numbers,you go and get your book.

H. S. 6
I've actually got a story to tell about this.

When the sixth book was coming out, a couple of friends and I left at about 11 to see how the local Barnes and Nobles was. Turns out, the line was out the damn door and down the street. You have to understand, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic, but even I wasn't prepared to wait in a line like that.

Anyway, we stopped at the CVS on the way back to my house, and on a whim, we thought we'd ask the guy if they'd be selling the book at midnight. Sure enough, the guy said they were, so we waited maybe forty minutes and got the books midnight on the dot. The only other person in the store (besides the worker) was a mom who stopped in to get some items, heard they'd be selling HBP, and decided she'd stick around to buy one for her daughter.

Long story short, go to a CVS near you. The only thing you're missing out on is the creepy thirty-somethings dressing up like fictional teenage characters. And really... who the hell needs that?

The Phantom
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I've actually got a story to tell about this.

When the sixth book was coming out, a couple of friends and I left at about 11 to see how the local Barnes and Nobles was. Turns out, the line was out the damn door and down the street. You have to understand, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic, but even I wasn't prepared to wait in a line like that.

Anyway, we stopped at the CVS on the way back to my house, and on a whim, we thought we'd ask the guy if they'd be selling the book at midnight. Sure enough, the guy said they were, so we waited maybe forty minutes and got the books midnight on the dot. The only other person in the store (besides the worker) was a mom who stopped in to get some items, heard they'd be selling HBP, and decided she'd stick around to buy one for her daughter.

Long story short, go to a CVS near you. The only thing you're missing out on is the creepy thirty-somethings dressing up like fictional teenage characters. And really... who the hell needs that? o.o Sounds smart.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by The Phantom
o.o Sounds smart.

It really was. We went in there expecting the guy to say, "No, we're not going to sell them," and came out beaming. stick out tongue

d-fly_girl008
I randomly go to a big party around 6 and stay at the store until 12... and I always reserve a book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.