300 the best movie of the year

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

homer2.0
do you think this will be one of the best movies. or what other movies could be better. Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin'

AstroFan
do you think you could of posted in the 300 thread? Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

doan_m
In the action class genre... its in all likelyhood, the best damn movie of the year. But hey... it takes more then bloodbowling with persians to be considered a movie of the year type. And besides, lets just wait for more movies to come out this year.

Impediment
Duplicate thread.

FistOfThe North
Duplicate post:

meh. i just finish seeing it. It was ok. It wasn't a "Gladiator" but I would've waited for a movie like "300" on DVD if i'da known it was gonna be like this. "300" didn't wow me, like "Sin City" did, when i left the theatre.

Mr. director & Frank Millar, a.k.a. a graphic novelist, I expected more detail in the battles and less flamboyancy. I couldn't get into the plethora of slow motion shots, either. I expected more. More gore, more decapitations. Like 90% of all killings were spear stabs. The spewed CGi blood needed work, too.

This is a movie that would've fared well a few years back.

But like i said the story was ok. I just wished the King and his Spartan army of 300 realized that there's a thin line between courage and stupidity.

But I loved the way Xerxes looked and how he sounded. And how he was first presented. What was he like 8-9 feet tall.

To me, "Sin City" was way better. imho.

Grade: C

forumcrew
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Duplicate post:

But like i said the story was ok. I just wished the King and his Spartan army of 300 realized that there's a thin line between courage and stupidity.

I havnt seen it yet, but I am assuming I know what this comment is based on. Do you know the history of it?
What they did may seem stupid to you but it saved all of Greece and in fact was the only military tactic that would have stopped the Persian army from taking over all of Greece.

General G
Originally posted by homer2.0
do you think this will be one of the best movies. or what other movies could be better. Happy Dance Happy Dance smokin'

Originally posted by AstroFan
do you think you could of posted in the 300 thread? Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Dusty
Closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.