Captain Atom vs. Green Lantern(Hal)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Both going all-out who wins?

Redatom65
http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly63001greenla.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630022zr.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630035rv.jpg

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630044jy.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630059gm.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630067ju.jpg

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=actioncomicsweekly630070fz.jpg

been done. Atom wins

snoopdogg
Wasn't Hal physically weakened during that battle? He hasn't slept for like two days or something which was effecting his will-power if I remember right.

Redatom65
I'm not sure what your basing that off :-/

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Redatom65
I'm not sure what your basing that off :-/ In the issue before the fight Hal is mentions being tired from not getting any sleep.

Validus
Thanks for mentioning that snoop because it made me do a little research. Hal was so tired he could barely lift a building with his ring. Yeah, so much for CA's great victory over the premier GL. laughing out loud

Hal whoops that ass. Happy Dance

snoopdogg
Originally posted by snoopdogg
In the issue before the fight Hal is mentions being tired from not getting any sleep.

Redatom65
he didn't seem so tired in this issue. He definetly let him sleep in the end

jrodslam
What was the last attack? Hal went in head first into a blast from Atom or was there a collision? Also, if what snoop says is true about Hal being tired from not getting any sleep, shoujld that fight not count considering GL wasnt 100%

Redatom65
you guys might persuade me into a stalemate since this basically is a battle of will. But until someone states that he actually was tired in the following issue, i stick by my answer

Symmetric Chaos
you guys might persuade me into a stalemate since this basically is a battle of will. But until someone states that he actually was tired in the following issue, i stick by my answer

Hal said he was "on the verge of blacking out".

Soleran
Um if thats the case then shouldn't CA simply win from stamina and just outsurviving Hal?

Redatom65
in the previous issue. was the two issues a link or was there a gap between the two? Cause otherwise he may of had sleep between the two issues. Green Lantern seemed to have alot of angst with him

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Soleran
Um if thats the case then shouldn't CA simply win from stamina and just outsurviving Hal?

This fight is them both at full power.

Snoop posted evidence that the Hal vs Atom fight did not involve a FullPower Hal.

Validus
Except CA knew Hal was about to lay a beatdown on him right before his desperation move paid off. I doubt the fight lasts that long with Hal at full power.

Redatom65
of course Atom wasn't writtan to the best of his ability. The scan i showed kinda proved he didn't have to confused

Soleran
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
This fight is them both at full power.

Snoop posted evidence that the Hal vs Atom fight did not involve a FullPower Hal. Originally posted by Validus
Except CA knew Hal was about to lay a beatdown on him right before his desperation move paid off. I doubt the fight lasts that long with Hal at full power.

Yeah sometimes I should just keep my yap shut pirate

Validus
Yeah sometimes I should just keep my yap shut pirate
Yeah, "sometimes"....

stick out tongue

snoopdogg
I take it this particular fight has been debated before? I must have missed it.

Validus
I take it this particular fight has been debated before? I must have missed it.
Batdude has been hanging that fight in front of me since he discovered it. sad

Soleran
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, "sometimes"....

stick out tongue eek! whistle

Redatom65
i seriously wonder if you guys bump and make these threads just to interrogate me stick out tongue

snoopdogg
Batdude has been hanging that fight in front of me since he discovered it. sad Well now you have the antidote.

Skeets
Batdude has been hanging that fight in front of me since he discovered it. sad
Meh,that ass whooping Mary Marvel gave him,now that was bad(Capt Atom that is).

Redatom65
retconned

Validus
retconned
Myth

Redatom65
super buddies=retconned

Validus
super buddies=retconned
Myth

Skeets
I take it you're the new Capt atom fan around the block?
Well I know I'm not the first to say this,but he sucks balls.

Redatom65
never throw mary marvel beating atom in a fanboy's face. batdude probaly hates it as much as i do. That was so rediculous. Captain Atom holds the edge here imo.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Skeets
I take it you're the new Capt atom fan around the block?
Well I know I'm not the first to say this,but he sucks balls. He's a cool character.Originally posted by Redatom65
never throw mary marvel beating atom in a fanboy's face. batdude probaly hates it as much as i do. That was so rediculous. Captain Atom holds the edge here imo. Hal Jordan holds a edge imo.

Skeets
Meh,he's a second tier hero.
Any decent GL whoops his ass.

Validus
He's got potential. The powerset is cool. All his books have sucked though.

snoopdogg
Meh,he's a second tier hero.
Any decent GL whoops his ass. He's not second tier imo but I would call him a supporting character though.

Redatom65
actually i've bene a outspoken captain atom fan for a long time around here. Ask batdude that. We've pmed one another that and i've posted alot in the respect thread.

Skeets
He's not second tier imo but I would call him a supporting character though.
A.K.A second tier hero....ermm
actually i've bene a outspoken captain atom fan for a long time around here. Ask batdude that. We've pmed one another that and i've posted alot in the respect thread.
Ah,I haven't been in the VS forum much,as it sucks major ass.

snoopdogg
A.K.A second tier hero....ermm

Ah,I haven't been in the VS forum much,as it sucks major ass. Supporting charcters are guys who can be VERY powerful but don't have ongoing series or alot of appearances. Like Black Bolt and Norrin Radd for example.

Skeets
Supporting charcters are guys who can be VERY powerful but don't have ongoing series or alot of appearances. Like Black Bolt and Norrin Radd for example.
Doesn't Atom have a bunch of books?
His own series?

snoopdogg
Doesn't Atom have a bunch of books?
His own series? He had a mini recently but that's it. Mostly he guest stars.

Validus
Supporting charcters are guys who can be VERY powerful but don't have ongoing series or alot of appearances. Like Black Bolt and Norrin Radd for example.
Depending on the definition, that might equal 2nd tier hero. I would say the 1st tier are those heroes who've shown they can maintain long standing monthly solo books (at least 100 issues).

Redatom65
he held a good series in the late 80's. Was involved in alot of crap writing in the 90's That whole monarch thing where it turned out to be hawk instead of Atom because of leaked info. Then he was in Superman/Batman Public Enemies then Armageddon. Now he's talking about the Monitors. He might be getting interesting again

Roldz
C A P T A I N A T O M rulezzz.. I have to say tie, it needs to be a tie..
Tie there you go..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.