300 Spartans versus Magnificent Seven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

masterbruce
300 of the greatest Spartan Warriors from the comic 300

versus

Captain America, Spiderman, Black Panther, Dare Devil, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, and Elecktra

Fight in the mountains. No prep.

Symmetric Chaos
I assume these Spartans are far more powerful than a SHIELD agent so . . . I think the 300 would win 7/10

Redatom65
these 300 soldeirs faced alot of persians and the best persian soldiers. Spartans just slay the crap out of em every time 10/10

Hercules
Originally posted by masterbruce

versus

Batman, Captain America, Black Panther, Dare Devil, Hawkeye, Night Wing, and Elecktra

If they're in a tight pass in a Phalanx, I don't see how they are penetrating it.

You have to take the Spartans on head on, can't flank them, can't get behind them, they have a serious reach advantage.

Spartans train from childhood to fight, extremley disciplined, not going to run away, very close to peak human stat wise.

Can't see the seven beating all 300 of them, their are just too many...

masterbruce
I've edited the team: replaced Batman and Night Wing with Spiderman and Iron Fist.

Soleran
Of course Spiderman alone could womp them

Hawkeye brings out the trick arrows!

King Kandy
If Spiderman can beat Firelord he sure as hell can beat some Spartans.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soleran
Of course Spiderman alone could womp them

Hawkeye brings out the trick arrows! Spartan: "Sir I've heard that they launch so many arrows they block out the sun"

Spartan Leader: "Then we shall have shade for the battle"

My favorite quote give or take some words.
stick out tongue

spetznaz
The Spartans would win against both team iterations (i.e. would win against the team with Batman, as well as against the team with Spiderman).

Why?

Well, you have 7 people going against 300.
Now, the 7 people are all super-amazing .....they are excellent combatants, above par strategists, and can flick a lightswitch with a batarang at 40 paces.

However the team of 300 is also no joke. While NONE of them approach ANY of the other team in pure fighting ability (well, that is actually debatable), the fact still remains that they are good. Very Very Very good at fighting.
Furthermore as Spartans they have been training in combat since they were tots.

Also consider their mental paradigm .....these guys do not believe in defeat. The only way to lose is to die, and the only way to die is if you take as many of the other people with you.

Anyways, what you have here is a situation that actually happens in the wilds of Africa .....the situation when a pride of lions comes against a pack of Hyena.

Now, one Hyena has no chance whatsoever against a lioness (let me use lioness since normlaly there are only one to two lions in a pride, and the rest is lionesses and cubs). One Hyena is dead meat.

This is also the case when you have two hyenas. One lioness will slay two just as easily as it can slay one.

However an issue starts to arise when you have a 3:1 ratio. While the lioness is defending against 2 the third one is free to nip at it from oblique angles, and with a hyena it just takes one good bite and that lioness is seriously injured (immediately degrading its fighting ability, and allowing the others to kill it).

Now, looking at a macro level. A pride of lions versus a pack of Hyena.

Same thing ....less than a 3:1 ratio and the lions will not abandon their kill. More than a 3:1 ratio (e.g. 5 lions against 15+ hyena) and the lions immediately abandon their kill rather than risk injury.

Same thing with the 7 versus 300 situation.
Any of them 7 can take out a Spartan.
Several of the 7 can take out several Spartan solo.
A couple from the 7 (e.g. Spiderman) can take out many Spartans and do it solo.

However in direct combat they cannot take out 300.

Why?

Well, it is called attrition (all combat degradation). Basically, you can kill 50 Spartans and the 250 remaining will still have more or less the same fighting ability that they had when they were 300.
However, kill 2 people out of 7 nd the remaining 5 do not have the same fighting ability.
Numbers matter.

Every Spartan killed will not degrade their fighting ability much until it comes down to less than 100 Spartans.

However, ever member of the 7 that is taken out affects the team.

Kill 3 Spartans and you still have 297 warriors left.
Kill 3 of the team and you only have 4 people left.

It is a definite that the Spartans will kill some of the team (the opposite is also true), and it will reach a point where enough of the team is dead or injured that even Spiderman will fall.

In direct combat, Spartans 10/10.

The only real option that the team has (since there is no immediate prep) would be to escape (which they should be able to do) and take time to come up with a strategy (i.e. prep). Without that, and in a confined space, they really have no chance.

Redatom65
300 spartans v.s spiderman and hawkeye.

10/10 spartans

Hercules
Originally posted by Newjak
Spartan: "Sir I've heard that they launch so many arrows they block out the sun"

stick out tongue

Mine is.

Phillip of Macedon: "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city".

Spartans reply: "IF"

Blair Wind
Originally posted by spetznaz
The Spartans would win against both team iterations (i.e. would win against the team with Batman, as well as against the team with Spiderman).

Why?

Well, you have 7 people going against 300.
Now, the 7 people are all super-amazing .....they are excellent combatants, above par strategists, and can flick a lightswitch with a batarang at 40 paces.

However the team of 300 is also no joke. While NONE of them approach ANY of the other team in pure fighting ability (well, that is actually debatable), the fact still remains that they are good. Very Very Very good at fighting.
Furthermore as Spartans they have been training in combat since they were tots.

Also consider their mental paradigm .....these guys do not believe in defeat. The only way to lose is to die, and the only way to die is if you take as many of the other people with you.

Anyways, what you have here is a situation that actually happens in the wilds of Africa .....the situation when a pride of lions comes against a pack of Hyena.

Now, one Hyena has no chance whatsoever against a lioness (let me use lioness since normlaly there are only one to two lions in a pride, and the rest is lionesses and cubs). One Hyena is dead meat.

This is also the case when you have two hyenas. One lioness will slay two just as easily as it can slay one.

However an issue starts to arise when you have a 3:1 ratio. While the lioness is defending against 2 the third one is free to nip at it from oblique angles, and with a hyena it just takes one good bite and that lioness is seriously injured (immediately degrading its fighting ability, and allowing the others to kill it).

Now, looking at a macro level. A pride of lions versus a pack of Hyena.

Same thing ....less than a 3:1 ratio and the lions will not abandon their kill. More than a 3:1 ratio (e.g. 5 lions against 15+ hyena) and the lions immediately abandon their kill rather than risk injury.

Same thing with the 7 versus 300 situation.
Any of them 7 can take out a Spartan.
Several of the 7 can take out several Spartan solo.
A couple from the 7 (e.g. Spiderman) can take out many Spartans and do it solo.

However in direct combat they cannot take out 300.

Why?

Well, it is called attrition (all combat degradation). Basically, you can kill 50 Spartans and the 250 remaining will still have more or less the same fighting ability that they had when they were 300.
However, kill 2 people out of 7 nd the remaining 5 do not have the same fighting ability.
Numbers matter.

Every Spartan killed will not degrade their fighting ability much until it comes down to less than 100 Spartans.

However, ever member of the 7 that is taken out affects the team.

Kill 3 Spartans and you still have 297 warriors left.
Kill 3 of the team and you only have 4 people left.

It is a definite that the Spartans will kill some of the team (the opposite is also true), and it will reach a point where enough of the team is dead or injured that even Spiderman will fall.

In direct combat, Spartans 10/10.

The only real option that the team has (since there is no immediate prep) would be to escape (which they should be able to do) and take time to come up with a strategy (i.e. prep). Without that, and in a confined space, they really have no chance.

Whats funny about all this is that it is true (and I would agree, logically it is correct), HOWEVER.....those 300 Spartans? The REALLY famous 300 that fought the 5,283,220* Persians? They proved the rule wrong on the foundation that numbers matter. I still see the 300 hundred winning, but I wanted to point that out.

*Number taken from Wiki and that composed of more than JUST Persians, and yes it was more than JUST the 300 Spartans, but hey they are what mattered laughing out loud

Validus
How about the 300 Vs the Big 7? shifty

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus

hmm

Give me some time this requires pondering . . .

TricksterPriest
The Big 7? most of the big 7 can solo the field.

Symmetric Chaos
*is still pondering*

Redatom65
what could the spartans do to superman. nothing

Validus
Originally posted by Redatom65
what could the spartans do to superman. nothing
"THIS IS SPARTA!"

*kicks Superman in the chest and watches his leg completely shatter*

Symmetric Chaos
"THIS IS SPARTA!"

*kicks Superman in the chest and watches his leg completely shatter*

"Aww, snap!" - random audience member

Redatom65
laughing

guy222
Originally posted by masterbruce

versus

Captain America, Spiderman, Black Panther, Dare Devil, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, and Elecktra

Spidey team

Soujaboy
Spartan: "Sir I've heard that they launch so many arrows they block out the sun"

stick out tongue

"Their arrows will blacken the sun"

"then we shall fight in the shade"

spetznaz

Nice one Val.

It would probably be a competition between WW, MM, GL, SM, and Flash on who would be able to kill all of the Spartans before the completion of one heartbeat.

srankmissingnin
... shit

I thought his fight was going to be about the gunslingers from the Magnificent Seven movie. sad

Anyway... Spider-man strolls in and slaughters the Spartans in record time.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soujaboy
"Their arrows will blacken the sun"

"then we shall fight in the shade" Thats it I told you give or take a few words stick out tongue

Soleran
I do think it's funny to see folks pumping up the hype of the "300" when in all actuality they would view these 7 as gods.

Team of 7 wrecks them.

Symmetric Chaos
I do think it's funny to see folks pumping up the hype of the "300" when in all actuality they would view these 7 as gods.

Team of 7 wrecks them.

Why would they view them as gods?

Kutulu
I'm going to go with the Spartans on this one. They approached low level metahumans in terms of power. Raised since birth to be only the finest of the species, taught from childhood the ways of combat, taught to never give up - to never back down. In the Frank Miller book they even take on monsters and what not, and kill them, so they even have training in fighting supernatural beings.

Soleran
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Why would they view them as gods?

Spiderman with his super abilities and webbing?

No one in that time period would be dressed they way the 7 would be nor use weapons like them.

Symmetric Chaos
Spiderman with his super abilities and webbing?

No one in that time period would be dressed they way the 7 would be nor use weapons like them.

I can see them viewing BP as a god because of his tech.

But the other would seem like very impressive warriors, at best people aided by the gods not gods themselves.

Newjak
You know thinking about it.

This how 300 real Spartans would deal with the JLA.

"THIS IS SPARTA!"

*Begins to erase the JLA on a piece of paper*
shifty

Symmetric Chaos
You know thinking about it.

This how 300 real Spartans would deal with the JLA.

"THIS IS SPARTA!"

*Begins to erase the JLA on a piece of paper*
shifty

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soljer
So much three hundred hype....

Elektra's taken on hundreds of ninjas in direct combat.

Captain America's cleared entire batallions of heavily armed, well trained men.

The Iron Fist can be used as a spread-attack, not just a direct one, so Danny Rand would be sending dozens of spartans flying with each blow.

Spiderman could just lay down one of his city-block-sized-web-traps and put all three hundred spartans down himself - especially if they are in a tight-phalanx.

Hercules
Originally posted by Soljer
The Iron Fist can be used as a spread-attack, not just a direct one, so Danny Rand would be sending dozens of spartans flying with each blow.

Spiderman could just lay down one of his city-block-sized-web-traps and put all three hundred spartans down himself - especially if they are in a tight-phalanx.

True but Spiderman and Iron fist were added later, the original OP didn't have them in it.

Scales tend to swing the other way when you have one guy who can juggle Volvo's and another who's Fist can punch through re-inforced steel.

I would put a Spartan, especially one of Frank Millers Spartans above a hand ninja to be fair.

Soljer
Originally posted by Hercules
True but Spiderman and Iron fist were added later, the original OP didn't have them in it.

Scales tend to swing the other way when you have one guy who can juggle Volvo's and another who's Fist can punch through re-inforced steel.

I would put a Spartan, especially one of Frank Millers Spartans above a hand ninja to be fair.

As would I - no doubt.

But it isn't like each of them are a walking Captain America.

That's taking it a bit far.

Hercules
Originally posted by Soljer
As would I - no doubt.

But it isn't like each of them are a walking Captain America.

That's taking it a bit far.

I wouldn't say they were either, the odds along with the terrain were in the Spartans favour before Iron Fist and Spiderman joined the merry band though imho.

Things changed some what when MB introduced that particular duo!

Tassadar
100 Spartans could take this team. 300 is overkill.

Flame On!!
If this is to the death Spiderman stays out of there range and hurls things at them with spider strength eventually killing enough the others can destoy them.

- FO!!

outavodka
...vs
Jamie Madrox
Sabertooth
Wolverine
Deadpool
AgentX

Redatom65
Originally posted by Flame On!!
If this is to the death Spiderman stays out of there range and hurls things at them with spider strength eventually killing enough the others can destoy them.

- FO!!

your an idiot. Go read an actual book no expression

T.E.A.M hold me back! *snarls*

TricksterPriest
*morphs arms into giant hands and holds Red back* Simmer down, boy. cool You'll get your chance to kill fanboys soon. stick out tongue

Redatom65
*flails wildly trying to escape. Foams at mouth til I settle down*

FO needs to read a book.

Flame On!!
Yul Brenner and Co. win 6shooter> spears

- FO!!

Flame On!!
your an idiot. Go read an actual book no expression

T.E.A.M hold me back! *snarls*

Not really he stays out of range using class 25 strength to throw objects at them. It's that easy.

- FO!!

Rick/Genis
This kindof reminds me of the Wolverine Vs. 8 million grizzlies... just too many.

Flame On!!
Originally posted by Rick/Genis
This kindof reminds me of the Wolverine Vs. 8 million grizzlies... just too many.

Not really he has time they don't, he has greater range, spider speed, strength, aim and endurance. 300 rocks thrown at spiderspeed at normal humans. I give it 1 hour.

Redatom65
these are among the greatest fighters in history. with superb tactics and the will to kill Spiderman can not beat 300 spartans

Ptr_Grifin
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Whats funny about all this is that it is true (and I would agree, logically it is correct), HOWEVER.....those 300 Spartans? The REALLY famous 300 that fought the 5,283,220* Persians? They proved the rule wrong on the foundation that numbers matter. I still see the 300 hundred winning, but I wanted to point that out.

*Number taken from Wiki and that composed of more than JUST Persians, and yes it was more than JUST the 300 Spartans, but hey they are what mattered laughing out loud

The movie mentioned 1,000,000 Persians or something like that.

But in the real battle I believe it was 300 Spartans + 1000+ other Greeks versus roughly 100,000 Persians.

That line up has a chance. All the Spartans can't attack at once since there is only a few. Spidey and Captain America probably have the best chance to come out alive. Cap alone could take out, dare I say 10, with one throw of his shield. Spidey could Web the same amount or more and just hurl them away from the battle field. Steve's and Pete's speed should also be taken into account. The Spartans wore heavy armor (not sure about the GN). That will slow them down immensely.

Cindy Bear
these are among the greatest fighters in history. with superb tactics and the will to kill Spiderman can not beat 300 spartans

Of course he can. He can stay out of range and beat them as Flame on!! said. He is a living Trebuchet. In fact no Trbouchet could move 25 tons or move as easily as he can or reload at Spider speed.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Trebuchet.jpg Spider strength is a greater force multiplier than this and can move at Spider speed.

LORDSIDIOUS01
No contest, the magnificent seven win.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
The movie mentioned 1,000,000 Persians or something like that.

But in the real battle I believe it was 300 Spartans + 1000+ other Greeks versus roughly 100,000 Persians.

I got the numbers from Wiki about the real battle, not the movie. It was the Persians plus a whole lot of more people on their side....sure the Spartans had some allies, but it was them that made the difference erm

Cindy Bear
I got the numbers from Wiki about the real battle, not the movie. It was the Persians plus a whole lot of more people on their side....sure the Spartans had some allies, but it was them that made the difference erm

Well I think Spidey as a ranged weapon would still rout them.

- Cindy

Hercules
Well if were talking history, then there were more than 5,000 Greeks total.

Once Xerxes and his forces had found the pass however only the Spartans and the Thespians remained as Leonidas sent the rest back, about 1,000 troops in total, 300 of which were the Spartans.

Depending on who you listen to the Persians could have been anywhere from 250,000 to 5,283,220 men, including support troops and Greek allies, as some of the city states had sided with the Persians.

It was the terrain that made the difference, it was a bottle neck and the Persians couldn't bring their numbers to bear.

Plus the Greeks would have probably fought on a rotating system so that their frontline troops were always fresh. Even to this day that battle is shown as an example of how superior tactics and terrain can overcome numbers.

Spiderman and Iron Fist though do make a big difference here, they have the sheer power to disrupt the Phalanx and once the fomation is split, they are not nearly so effective.

Blair Wind

Once Xerxes and his forces had found the pass however only the Spartans and the Thespians remained as Leonidas sent the rest back, about 1,000 troops in total, 300 of which were the Spartans.

Depending on who you listen to the Persians could have been anywhere from 250,000 to 5,283,220 men, including support troops and Greek allies, as some of the city states had sided with the Persians.

It was the terrain that made the difference, it was a bottle neck and the Persians couldn't bring their numbers to bear.

Plus the Greeks would have probably fought on a rotating system so that their frontline troops were always fresh. Even to this day that battle is shown as an example of how superior tactics and terrain can overcome numbers.

Spiderman and Iron Fist though do make a big difference here, they have the sheer power to disrupt the Phalanx and once the fomation is split, they are not nearly so effective.

But....but....they are descendents of Hercules shifty

Cindy Bear

Spiderman and Iron fist close each end of the bottleneck with landslides trapping the spartans then go to work.

- Cindy

Hercules
But....but....they are descendents of Hercules shifty

LOL, yes indeed, Leonidas was said to be a direct descendant of Heracles and an oracle fortold that one of the Kings of Sparta who was a descendant of Heracles had to fall to keep Sparta safe.

It was the Spartans who held the Greeks together and they even gave the Thespians their cloaks and made them honourary Spartans because they stood with them at the end.

They also wore red cloaks so as their wounds wouldn't show on the battlefield, Spartans in real life, regardless of Frank Miller were badass no doubt!

SpunkySmurph
Why wouldn't BP just solo them all? Actual question.

I mean... they couldn't do any damage to him. He could just slice them and their weapons/shields apart.

Tassadar
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Why wouldn't BP just solo them all? Actual question.

I mean... they couldn't do any damage to him. He could just slice them and their weapons/shields apart.

Because he would get tackled and then they would rip his ****ing armor off. That would take maybe 8 Spartans.

Grimm22
The 300 took down an army of Ninjas, a gollum, a giant rhino and Hundreds of Thousands of Persians without much trouble

Yeah, the "Magnificent" Seven are screwed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.