Glenn Beck of Headline News

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Anyone else out there a fan of his?

Lately, my wife and I have been tuning in to this character on weekday evenings as we eat our dinner. I mean, he's a little arrogant/egocentric, but for the most part brutally honest and dead on. He is a right winger so you Dem's might find him a touch distasteful. Even so, I think you'll appreciate his (melo)drama and charisma.

If you've never tuned in once, just give it one try. You'll either love him or hate him. There will likely be no inbetween.

Cheers. smile

Soleran
I like the show from time to time.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Soleran
I like the show from time to time.

He's pretty entertaining, ain't he?

Capt_Fantastic
He's alright. I actually enjoy watching him on occasion.

Tangible God
He's a nice change from Nancy Grace, I hate her. Good to see someone just saying it like it is, pointing out the stupidity in the world. Fun fun fun.

docb77
I started listening on the radio occasionally just a little before the headline news show first aired. I think he's right more often than he would actually admit - "rodeo clown" and all.

J-Beowulf
Yep, I too have been watching him lately.

I disagree with some things he says, but hey, I wasn't expecting to agree with everything.

I love how he tells it how it is and really shows you some of the stupidity running rampant in this country.

Alliance
Originally posted by BobbyD
Anyone else out there a fan of his?

Lately, my wife and I have been tuning in to this character on weekday evenings as we eat our dinner. I mean, he's a little arrogant/egocentric, but for the most part brutally honest and dead on. He is a right winger so you Dem's might find him a touch distasteful. Even so, I think you'll appreciate his (melo)drama and charisma.

If you've never tuned in once, just give it one try. You'll either love him or hate him. There will likely be no inbetween.

Cheers. smile

I hate him. I hate is drama. He should die.

Strong opinion, but its there. No other person outside of FOX news aggravates me so. He's a stupid sensationalist bent on being a know-it-all-syndicated kiss-ass.

No situation is as simple as he makes it and anyone who thinks it is should rexamine the situation a bit. THe only issues he has are mental ones.

I'm a devoted CNN fan, but I have abandoned Headline News during Headline Prime.

Darth Jello
I think he's a dumb, racist, insensitive ******* and further proof that unless your keith olbermann or on comedy central or air america, you have to be slightly to the right of hitler and devoid of talent to have a talk show.

docb77
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think he's a dumb, racist, insensitive ******* and further proof that unless your keith olbermann or on comedy central or air america, you have to be slightly to the right of hitler and devoid of talent to have a talk show.

He'd probably agree with you on the dumb and insensitive part, but racist? Where the heck are you getting that? To the right of Hitler?? You must have been on some pretty strong stuff when you watched his show to get that. Or perhaps your just so far to the left that mainstream America seems Right Wing to you.

Alliance
Can we stop monopolizing "mainstream America,." No one is mainstream, least of all the people who claim to represent it.

docb77
Originally posted by Alliance
Can we stop monopolizing "mainstream America,." No one is mainstream, least of all the people who claim to represent it.

I just use mainstream as meaning where the majority opinion lies.

example, mainstream KMC thought is that Bush sucks. There are some who disagree who would sit to the "right" of mainstream thought, then there are those who actually think he's as bad as Hitler, those would be way to the left.

No if he'd said that Beck was conservative, or right wing, I wouldn't have argued, Beck says that himself. But what he said was that Glenn Beck is to the right of Hitler. And to that I have to take exception.

speiderman
Glen Beck is a douchbag
and a dick

Alliance
Originally posted by docb77
I just use mainstream as meaning where the majority opinion lies.

There is no majority opinion. There is no one person defined as a moderate, people are a weird combinations of political hypocrisies. You're looking at the situation too narrowly by focusing on one issue like a pollster. When you actually look at all the issues, taking a full scope, you're mainstreams lie all over the place.

You can find the "majority" for one issue, but people care about more than one issue, and different people care about different issues. choosing the 13% "majority" people because they share 50% of their one primary opinion and neglecting the other 87% of Americans is not a real good system. Especially when a large portion of Americans are not well educated on the policies and would rather just whine and *****.

They'd rather just sit and listen to Glenn Beck or FOX news tell them "how it really is" when all these broadcasters are doing is leeching onto people's dissatisfaction with a system that they neither understand nor really care about beyond a superficial bases. They feed on ignorance, and perpetuate it.

Actually, that’s starting to sound a lot like Hitler. Too bad that’s your view of "mainstream."

Originally posted by docb77
No if he'd said that Beck was conservative, or right wing, I wouldn't have argued, Beck says that himself. But what he said was that Glenn Beck is to the right of Hitler. And to that I have to take exception.

That doesn't matter, if mainstream is actually a fixed variable, no matter where you are looking from it remains in the same position. So your point doesn't make much sense.

Besides, it was clearly meant as an overexaggeration.

docb77
So by that logic I should be able to say that Al Franken and most of Hollywood are to the left of Stalin and no one should raise an eyebrow?

Alliance
Well, you could say that to Jello.

BobbyD

Zoiks!

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree then. wink

BobbyD
Originally posted by Alliance
I hate him. I hate is drama. He should die.

Strong opinion, but its there. No other person outside of FOX news aggravates me so. He's a stupid sensationalist bent on being a know-it-all-syndicated kiss-ass.

No situation is as simple as he makes it and anyone who thinks it is should rexamine the situation a bit. THe only issues he has are mental ones.

I'm a devoted CNN fan, but I have abandoned Headline News during Headline Prime.

I think you're embellishing (a little, anyway).
smile

Darth Jello
"What I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies'"

-Beck on Muslim congressman Daniel Ellison implying that an entire group of people are enemies of the state due to their faith.

Your comparison to Stalinism is retarded because the only real difference between hitler and stalin are words and names considering the similarity of tactics and motivations.

BobbyD
"What I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies'"

-Beck on Muslim congressman Daniel Ellison implying that an entire group of people are enemies of the state due to their faith.

Your comparison to Stalinism is retarded because the only real difference between hitler and stalin are words and names considering the similarity of tactics and motivations.

At least that's better (given the benefit of the doubt) than what would happen to an American (if it were even hypothetical in the first place) if they held a political position in a suspected terrorist country (regardless of faith).

Beck is no where Stalin, nor Hitler. I hope I'm reading this incorrectly. But, if I'm not, how do you come to that conclusion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.