Trade Paperback..My new best Friend

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
For as long as I can remember I have always been kinda against them. I always wanted to have the actual issues if it didn't cost me an arm and leg.

But I have been Buying some Trade paperbacks latley, and its really the way to go.

Pros:

1. There is no adds ( I can't read 52 without being reminded I need to buy a Pontiac Solstice.

2. Better quality (for the most part) older issues are being put on better paper and color than their orignal counterpart

3. All of the issues are there (and then some sometimes)

4. The overall quality of the book makes the purchase more enjoyable (introductions or forwards by authors, and extra stuff like drawings, and/or concept art)

Cons:

1. Some charcters don't get them very often, so inbetween books was years apart of story

2. Some you don't get the whole story (Batman no man's land I guess is a summary rather than the actual issues reprinted

3. some are ridicously priced

4. Some charcters have them come out too often

Validus

How is that a negative?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
3. some are ridicously priced

Which ones are you talking about?

Most of the expensive ones are some kind of limited edition, Golden edition, etc. of some sort.

Black Adam
up until a few months ago I was mostly a single issue guy. But since I started college I've been sticking to trades.

Trades are great for the most part.

I don't have to go out every two weeks to the shop and waste money on both bus trips so thats a plus. I don't have to worry about my shop running out of an issue and not being able to get more so I then have gap in my collection until I can find it over the internet somewhere else for even more then it was originally priced plus the expenses of shipping and handling.

Since I order them from amazon not only do they usually have two or three bucks knocked off the price but with the Free Super Saver Shipping thing I don't have to pay the extra 8 or more dollars I would usually need to spend.

The only bad things I find is that a) you have to wait months for a story to be traded. that's a lot of time and a lot of chances you can have the story spoiled for you.

b) for new books that are not as popular as some of the other big names and that require a set number of monthly sales just to survive their first story arcs people waiting for the trade can mean cancellation. That's why I usually just buy trades from some of the more popular characters that are in no danger of being canceled anytime soon.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Validus

How is that a negative?

Spider-man there is a bazillion and I don't even know where to begin

willRules
I have been a comic book fan most of my life, but when I really started to get into comics I would buy mostly Marvel trades, now I buy Marvel trades, Marvel single issues of the stuff I can't wait for in trade and I buy DC trades but not any DC issues yes I'm hoping to buy a lot more Batman trades sometime soon yes

Black Adam
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Spider-man there is a bazillion and I don't even know where to begin

google. or just use this http://tplist.millarworld.net/index.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.