Canibus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juntai
Give it up for the illest alive.

Anyone else a fan?

Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's the best alive, but he can be pretty good.

-AC

Juntai
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't think he's the best alive, but he can be pretty good.

-AC I didn't say best, I said illest.
Best is up to any individual mind on who they're feeling or not.
Him being the illest is not up to interpretation.

Have you heard Poet Laureate 2?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Juntai
I didn't say best, I said illest.
Best is up to any individual mind on who they're feeling or not.
Him being the illest is not up to interpretation.

Have you heard Poet Laureate 2?

I own all of his albums.

He's good, really good at times. He's nowhere near as good or as smart as he thinks he is. For all his philosophy references, the guys in Cannibal Ox walk a hole in him, lyrically.

-AC

The Core
I remember he and LL Cool J's feud a long time ago. Hell, I was in high school at the time.

Juntai
Originally posted by The Core
I remember he and LL Cool J's feud a long time ago. Hell, I was in high school at the time. You heard any of his newer stuff?

-hh-
his new stuff is AWFUL. i can't imagine how a gifted lyricist fell off so bad. his best album was probably 'Rip The Jacker'. Stoupe has incredible beats.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by -hh-
his new stuff is AWFUL. i can't imagine how a gifted lyricist fell off so bad. his best album was probably 'Rip The Jacker'. Stoupe has incredible beats.

I agree, but notice how his best album was his best album because of someone else, not even him.

If he had standard Canibus production, which is still fair enough, it'd just have been Mic Club 2 or something.

-AC

-hh-
I agree, but notice how his best album was his best album because of someone else, not even him.

If he had standard Canibus production, which is still fair enough, it'd just have been Mic Club 2 or something.

-AC definitely. same goes for JMT. Without Stoupe, i wouldn't be able to listen to Paz or Jus Allah. Nothing special lyrically (most of the time).

sithsaber408
Canib!tch?

He still makes music...?

I thought Em destroyed him. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Canibus has been, for most of his career, better than Eminem.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Canibus vS. Eminem. Hm. Imo/view, lyrically i don't know who'd eat up who being that both sick as hell with it, verbally, but Eminem's certainly had a better carrer than Canibus has. And can i still remember hearing about how Canibus has always had hard time freestyling or battle-rapping, while it comes norrmally to Eminem.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Canibus vS. Eminem. Hm. Imo/view, lyrically i don't know who'd eat up who being that both sick as hell with it, verbally, but Eminem's certainly had a better carrer than Canibus has. And can i still remember hearing about how Canibus has always had hard time freestyling or battle-rapping, while it comes norrmally to Eminem.

Better career?

One great album while Canibus has had a few really good ones. Eminem's one great one is better than all of Canibus' albums, but that doesn't mean he's had a better career.

A more successful one, sure. He's also a rabid sell out.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Better career?

One great album while Canibus has had a few really good ones. Eminem's one great one is better than all of Canibus' albums, but that doesn't mean he's had a better career.

A more successful one, sure. He's also a rabid sell out.

-AC

A rabid sell-out... How'd he sell-out; to you.. And what's the difference in-between a better and/or a more successful career.

Deathblow
Better career = higher standard of music produced
More successful career = sold more records

The latter is very rarely a reflection on an artist's actual musical talent these days.

Alpha Centauri
A rabid sell-out... How'd he sell-out; to you.. And what's the difference in-between a better and/or a more successful career.

You're asking me how he sold out? That's a genuine question?

He went from holding the stance of not caring what anybody thought because he genuinely though he had nothing to lose, and not much to gain, to altering his style so that it was just pretend-controversial. It appeared to be controversial, but it was tame enough for the parents to allow their 12 year old girls to buy it.

He realised the mothers he was pissing off were the ones who he needed to make him rich, as they give their kids the money for the CDs, so he started singing songs about his daughter and making shit suchs as Ass like That.

In short, he didn't care, he had morals and integrity. Then he did care, because he wanted more and more money. Next thing you know he's selling iPods, posing with his shirt off in Rolling Stone and shaking hands with Justin Timberlake.

Before you reply with "He just evolved." or some other bs, no, he didn't. He sold out. He started doing things in direct contradiction to what he started out believing, when he coincidentally produced one of the greatest hip hop albums ever, in my opinion. He went from saying "Put my tape back on the rack, go run and tell your friends my shit is wack, I just don't give a f*ck.", to becoming a record label owner and caring about how much money he earned, how much he could make off others, and how much was in his account.

-AC

FistOfThe North
He went from holding the stance of not caring what anybody thought because he genuinely though he had nothing to lose, and not much to gain, to altering his style so that it was just pretend-controversial. It appeared to be controversial, but it was tame enough for the parents to allow their 12 year old girls to buy it.

He realised the mothers he was pissing off were the ones who he needed to make him rich, as they give their kids the money for the CDs, so he started singing songs about his daughter and making shit suchs as Ass like That.

In short, he didn't care, he had morals and integrity. Then he did care, because he wanted more and more money. Next thing you know he's selling iPods, posing with his shirt off in Rolling Stone and shaking hands with Justin Timberlake.

Before you reply with "He just evolved." or some other bs, no, he didn't. He sold out. He started doing things in direct contradiction to what he started out believing, when he coincidentally produced one of the greatest hip hop albums ever, in my opinion. He went from saying "Put my tape back on the rack, go run and tell your friends my shit is wack, I just don't give a f*ck.", to becoming a record label owner and caring about how much money he earned, how much he could make off others, and how much was in his account.

-AC

Don't you think perhaps he held the I just don't give a fcuk stance because he really did have nothing to lose? What'd he have.. nothing. I wouldn't give a fcuk neither on top of i don't think Eminem knew how successful he would become which is why he was talking all the sh*t. But he became super successful after all, and that's just what happened. The man become a corporation. But something else happened, as well. The businessman in Eminem came out. His corporate child. It seems to me that you have a problem with his taking advantage of the situation, and to you, as a result, produced watered-down music. And anyway. I think alot of his fans, i know me and my boys were staring to get tired of the same Eminem from the first to albums. Eminem matured in the industry and wanted to branch out and produced music that now everyone can listen too. I won't listen to it but i've had my good share of Eminem how i've like it as a listener. But i don't see anything wrong with other nontraditional Eminem fans sharing his music either. And if h wants to show a side of his that non-traditionalist can relate too like shaking hands with other superstars and talking about his daughters on songs the so be it, but don't call the man sell out because he doesn't show you how much he doesn't care anymore. Wake up.

imo I don't think he sold out.

Alpha Centauri
Don't you think perhaps he held the I just don't give a fcuk stance because he really did have nothing to lose? What'd he have.. nothing. I wouldn't give a fcuk neither on top of i don't think Eminem knew how successful he would become which is why he was talking all the sh*t. But he became super successful after all, and that's just what happened. The man become a corporation. But something else happened, as well. The businessman in Eminem came out. His corporate child. It seems to me that you have a problem with his taking advantage of the situation, and to you, as a result, produced watered-down music. And anyway. I think alot of his fans, i know me and my boys were staring to get tired of the same Eminem from the first to albums. Eminem matured in the industry and wanted to branch out and produced music that now everyone can listen too. I won't listen to it but i've had my good share of Eminem how i've like it as a listener. But i don't see anything wrong with other nontraditional Eminem fans sharing his music either. And if h wants to show a side of his that non-traditionalist can relate too like shaking hands with other superstars and talking about his daughters on songs the so be it, but don't call the man sell out because he doesn't show you how much he doesn't care anymore. Wake up.

imo I don't think he sold out.

The Slim Shady LP made him rich, don't even think for a second that it didn't, he could live off that album alone probably, and if he couldn't, it CERTAINLY didn't leave him in poverty. It made him a millionaire, he became a millionaire by doing what he wanted, how he wanted, when he wanted to do it. He got greedy, he wanted more, he sold out.

You dare tell me to wake up when you're sitting there making excuses for the man becoming a greedy, money hungry corporate whore? Precisely what you said is right. He became a corporation and took advantage. He took advantage of all the little kids, all the parents, and he made as much money as he could because he realised that by doing a 180, kissing his morals goodbye and becoming a whore, becoming NOTHING MORE than a salesman who raps, he could become a filthy rich man. He sold out, and only the blind can't see it.

He made music everyone can listen to because he simply wanted everybody to buy it so he could fill his pockets. You're providing more and more evidence as to why he did sell out than why he didn't. I'm not calling him a sell out because he's not showing me how much he doesn't care, I'm calling him a sell out for all the reasons I've told you above and in previous posts.

It's not my business what he does, it's his life, but the fact that the overwhelming, more or less factual evidence shows that he sold out, is something you cannot deny, even when you are trying to prove otherwise. You choose to ignore that he sold out, that's what's happening, and that is evident. How? Because your "proof" backs ME up more than it backs YOU up.

-AC

sithsaber408
Eminem's one great one is better than all of Canibus' albums, but that doesn't mean he's had a better career.

-AC

So you agree?

One of Em's albums pisses all over Canibus's combined?

Good.

I win T3H thread. stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Considering I believe it to be The Slim Shady LP, where as you think Encore is a great album, I don't think you win anything.

-AC

sithsaber408
I think Encore has 4 or 5 songs that are cool, yeah.

I personally like MMLP and EM Show as my fave albums.

But we both agree, Em mops the floor with Canib!tch.

Alpha Centauri
We don't agree.

The Slim Shady LP is better than Canibus' work, the rest isn't. If they were to battle now, Canibus would take him apart, and if anything, he did when they feuded.

You only heard Eminem's side of the story and lapped it up. Eminem's side of the beef got better exposure, which to his fans means he won.

LL got at Canibus better than Eminem ever did.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I think Encore has 4 or 5 songs that are cool, yeah.

But we both agree, Em mops the floor with Canib!tch.

"Can-I-Bus" destroys "The Show" and "Encore" put together, to me. Even with Wyclef spoiling it with the beats.

Alpha Centauri
"Can-I-Bus" destroys "The Show" and "Encore" put together, to me. Even with Wyclef spoiling it with the beats.

Might as well throw The Marshall Mathers LP in there too, with the abomination that is Stan.

-AC

FistOfThe North
Nah.. mmlp's a classic, man... To me it's his best solo effort.

-hh-
'Rip the Jacker' is better than anything Eminem has released. But it's obvious Stoupe takes majority of the credit, but even lyrically Canibus did great.

Alpha Centauri
The Marshall Mathers LP, to me, was the start of his self-parody that just spiralled out of control.

-AC

C3PS
i've actually only heard one song by him, buckingham palace. it's pretty boring to be honest.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by C3PS
i've actually only heard one song by him, buckingham palace. it's pretty boring to be honest.

Buckingham Palace is my favorite track on "Can-I-Bus" i thought he ripped it the most on that track out of all the other songs on that album.

"Yo whoever grabs the mic after me'll get booed,
get everything in the club thrown at you and your crew,
from Moet bottles to bar stools, fruits and food,
you got an album out?,
you'll get hit wit your CD too...
Runnin' outside crying, lyiin', denyin'
that you ain't the gay rapper but you got fcuked by him..."

haha

That verse is my favorite part of that track.

C3PS
i'll listen to it again.. i liked the beat at least.

FistOfThe North
It's not my business what he does, it's his life, but the fact that the overwhelming, more or less factual evidence shows that he sold out, is something you cannot deny, even when you are trying to prove otherwise. You choose to ignore that he sold out, that's what's happening, and that is evident. How? Because your "proof" backs ME up more than it backs YOU up.

-AC

You're looking at it pessimistically. We both don't know what Eminems intentions were. Your meaning of taking advantage of mothers and kids is that he did it for money cause he became a "corporate whore" and my meaning is that he took advantage of being heard by many more, newer ears. On top of him making more money in the process. which he knew would come anyway, because he was so popular. We don't know if his own daughter influenced him or not or if the corporation in him influenced him. So your saying "he sold out" is really assumption and practically baseless. As my assumption may be. So im not ignoring anything. And proof my ass. We both have no proof of what his intentions were.

C3PS
i don't really belive in the term "sold out" but i dont think eminem's latest albums have anything to do with him making more money, i think he's just lost his touch. if anything sslp marked the beginning of his career as a sell out. he found out he wasnt selling records with that "infinite" bullshit so what did he do? he changed his style up and became a millionare. wouldn't that be selling out?

Alpha Centauri
The Slim Shady LP was quite clearly post-Infinite in BOTH senses of the phrase. It came after and was also a reaction to. It was his defeatist attitude that he adopted and the style that was born out of being UNSUCCESSFUL and accepting that this will always be the case.

As a result, he clearly didn't care, and that's what made him great.

You're looking at it pessimistically. We both don't know what Eminems intentions were. Your meaning of taking advantage of mothers and kids is that he did it for money cause he became a "corporate whore" and my meaning is that he took advantage of being heard by many more, newer ears. On top of him making more money in the process. which he knew would come anyway, because he was so popular. We don't know if his own daughter influenced him or not or if the corporation in him influenced him. So your saying "he sold out" is really assumption and practically baseless. As my assumption may be. So im not ignoring anything. And proof my ass. We both have no proof of what his intentions were.

No, I'm looking at it realistically from the evidence given. You're looking at it from the view of "I refuse to believe he sold out.", because you think it's ok to be greedy. You confuse business with artistry.

You're wrong, it's not about our "interpretations", because if one looks at the events that occured, you can clearly see what happened and the way his attitude changed. You are making excuses for him to save him from the "sell out" tag, seeing things as you wish to see them, not how they actually did unfold. I'm not seeing them how I wish, I wish he never sold out, but he did.

Baseless? Baseless as in every single decision and action he made after The Slim Shady LP? Baseless as in every single change in attitude that eventually led to him becoming just another puppet? No, they're not baseless. YOU are the one saying "Maybe he...what if he...". You're just clutching at straws because you don't want to admit what he clearly did.

-AC

-hh-
new canibus album cover

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/micclub/canibus_cd_front_02.jpg

C3PS
The Slim Shady LP was quite clearly post-Infinite in BOTH senses of the phrase. It came after and was also a reaction to. It was his defeatist attitude that he adopted and the style that was born out of being UNSUCCESSFUL and accepting that this will always be the case.

As a result, he clearly didn't care, and that's what made him great.

oh.. i see what you're saying. that makes sense. i do like mmlp and the eminem show personally but i do see where you're coming from now.

Deathblow
Pretty cool cover.

Got a release date for that hh?

B dot Rob
Here's some truth for your ass

MMLP is the best Em album and shits on any Bis album.
MMLP, Em Show, Infinite are all better then any Bis album.
SSLP is ehhhhhh at best. Really, just mediocre music.
The only real rap sell-outs are Black Eyed Peas.
Can-I-Bus and Mic Club are the only Canibus albums that are listenable.
Both beef tracks were godaweful and Em would have won if he ignored the irrelevant rapper that had his career ended by Cool James, but he lost by giving him attention (kinda like Jay and Jim).

Though Square Dance was entertaining.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by B dot Rob

Both beef tracks were godaweful and Em would have won if he ignored the irrelevant rapper that had his career ended by Cool James, but he lost by giving him attention (kinda like Jay and Jim).

Though Square Dance was entertaining.

Speaking of "ass", it looks like you pulled that "truth" out of yours.

-AC

Juntai
And about the Sell out thing?
Apperently you guys didn't hear the track on The ReUp.
Em says
"I thought the idea was to sell out and mainstream, baby."
That's almost word for word, I don't have the album in at the moment.

Juntai
Eminem made a couple of albums better than Can, but lyrically, Canibus takes it between them, he can outrap Em in his sleep.

Juntai
So I've got sort of a leak of the new Poet Laurette Infinity track for his upcoming album.
1000 bars.

Juntai
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=8450

Here's an interview with XXL, talking about his upcoming album, and the Poet Laurette Infinity track, the third installment of Poet Laurette.

It's kind of complicated, give it a read.

Juntai
I guess he meant it when he said he could 'kick a rhyme longer than your whole album'.

Juntai
http://www.poetlaureateinfinity.com/

The Infinite rhyme is live.

Poet Laureate.

-hh-
Originally posted by Deathblow
Pretty cool cover.

Got a release date for that hh? i dont have a release date. i dont like the cover.

Juntai
If you can't figure out the Poet Laureate Infinity mixboard, let me know.

This is amazing.

-hh-
If you can't figure out the Poet Laureate Infinity mixboard, let me know.

This is amazing. i checked it out 2 days ago. it's good but it's too much.

Juntai
Apperently he's backing up the infinite track with an infinite album.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=8912

Rip the Jacker II: Infinity.

-hh-
Apperently he's backing up the infinite track with an infinite album.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=8912

Rip the Jacker II: Infinity.

if Stoupe doesn't produce it, i probably wont give it a listen.

ragesRemorse
Give it up for the illest alive.

Anyone else a fan?

how can he be the illest rapper when L.L cool j beat him in free style?

i mean really MR 100 bars had nothing to combat, my hat is like a sharks fin?

Juntai
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how can he be the illest rapper when L.L cool j beat him in free style?

i mean really MR 100 bars had nothing to combat, my hat is like a sharks fin? I'm not sure what you're listening to, but they never freestyle battled. Sounds like you're listening to something a net-head may have doctored.

LL doesn't even write his own songs, a childhood friend of his does, this is well documented thoughout his history. One became the writer, the other was the image.

The closest they came to even rapping together was on 4,3,2,1 and Canibus stepped onto the Mic and kicked like a 4 minute freestyle off of the top. Later on he had to come back and re-write his verse for LL, and then LL laid his vocals after Cani. Thus began their battles.

And as far as battles on wax went, Bis ripped him... and more than once.

Canibus DID however beat the Wu in a parking lot battle rap.
wink

And these days a 100 bars ain't impressive to Canibus.

Deathblow

Actually, he ''held his own'' against Wu, then got beaten by Killah Priest. Is what I heard.

And Canibus seems to think quantity equals quality these days.

manorastroman
canibus never lived up to the hype. dude's average.

Juntai
Actually, he ''held his own'' against Wu, then got beaten by Killah Priest. Is what I heard.

And Canibus seems to think quantity equals quality these days. Actually, Killah Pries just started freestyles according to an interview, he wasn't actually part of the battle rap. By the way, Canibus just bought Priests music portfolio.

Juntai
Originally posted by manorastroman
canibus never lived up to the hype. dude's average. His wordsmithing and lyricism is off the charts.

Everyone has their own opinion on who they're feeling, but none can deny his skill.

Zoron
I own all of his albums.

He's good, really good at times. He's nowhere near as good or as smart as he thinks he is. For all his philosophy references, the guys in Cannibal Ox walk a hole in him, lyrically.

-AC wtf sick canibus >> cannibal ox lyrically for sure no contest

Zoron

And Canibus seems to think quantity equals quality these days. embarrasment

Zoron
man forget all these haters canibus is the illest and they know it all underground fans know that only people who only heard second round K.O or haven't heard him at all says he sucks or is just ok canibus has outshined the best of em redman, big pun, lost boyz, vintage cam'ron,, noreaga, ras kass, killah priest (later on), kurupt, daz, the lox, common, pharoah monch, most of the wu members, heltah skeltah, chino xl, crooked I, phantom, Vinnie paz, rakim, journalist, az, nas, nature, shit the list goes on thats why nobody wanted to work with bis like that cause of fear of getting outshined by him on his or their own track angel

Wei Phoenix
I'm not sure what you're listening to, but they never freestyle battled. Sounds like you're listening to something a net-head may have doctored.

LL doesn't even write his own songs, a childhood friend of his does, this is well documented thoughout his history. One became the writer, the other was the image.

The closest they came to even rapping together was on 4,3,2,1 and Canibus stepped onto the Mic and kicked like a 4 minute freestyle off of the top. Later on he had to come back and re-write his verse for LL, and then LL laid his vocals after Cani. Thus began their battles.

And as far as battles on wax went, Bis ripped him... and more than once.

wink

And these days a 100 bars ain't impressive to Canibus.

Uh Canibus and LL did have beef in the past and LL killed him. It wasn't even funny. Some say that was the final nail in the coffin of his mainstream career.

Dr. Leg Kick
Canibus and Can Ox are on different spectrums.

Canibus = lyrical mc

Can Ox= poets/artists

Personally, Can Ox > Canibus, no question.

Zoron
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Uh Canibus and LL did have beef in the past and LL killed him. It wasn't even funny. Some say that was the final nail in the coffin of his mainstream career. mad wow LL cool j sucks canibus wins hands down

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by Zoron
mad wow LL cool j sucks canibus wins hands down nah, both are great in their own aspects.

red g jacks
Buckingham Palace is my favorite track on "Can-I-Bus" i thought he ripped it the most on that track out of all the other songs on that album.

"Yo whoever grabs the mic after me'll get booed,
get everything in the club thrown at you and your crew,
from Moet bottles to bar stools, fruits and food,
you got an album out?,
you'll get hit wit your CD too...
Runnin' outside crying, lyiin', denyin'
that you ain't the gay rapper but you got fcuked by him..."

haha

That verse is my favorite part of that track. i never really listen to any of his actual albums cause everytime i hear him he sounds pretty boring. but those lyrics you quoted looked pretty good so i just listened to that song to see if maybe i misjudged him and nope, looks like the same boring old canibus.

that part that you quoted was misleadingly good.. most of the rest of the song was him using boring similes to compare himself to bombs and porn flicks and clothes that "white boys be wearin"

liked the beat though

Zoron
Originally posted by red g jacks
i never really listen to any of his actual albums cause everytime i hear him he sounds pretty boring. but those lyrics you quoted looked pretty good so i just listened to that song to see if maybe i misjudged him and nope, looks like the same boring old canibus.

that part that you quoted was misleadingly good.. most of the rest of the song was him using boring similes to compare himself to bombs and porn flicks and clothes that "white boys be wearin"

liked the beat though embarrasment how are canibus' lyrics boring???? huh

Dr. Leg Kick
embarrasment how are canibus' lyrics boring???? huh It's subjective, but I agree.

red g jacks
he just tries too hard, i dunno. it's one of those cases where less is more. he uses too many corny similes. that whole song was just simile after simile. i'm so _____ im like ____. or i'm as ____ as ____. that was it, that was the whole formula. just didn't find it entertaining.

"me without lyrics is like a porno flick without sex"

if a rapper like 50 cent said that people wouldn't hesitate to call it wack or bland, why does canibus get a pass? that's really no better than "i luv u like a fat kid luv cake" and at least that was MEANT to sound corny.

im not saying his whole career is like that cause i've never cared enough to listen to one of his albums. just the random songs i've heard like the one mentioned above.

Dr. Leg Kick
when i said "i agree", i meant I agree that he is boring.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't like Canibus. He is like a gangster, Del the Funkee homosapien but i will say that i think Canibus got the better of Eminem during their beef. I'm not sure why so many people say that LL cool J beat Canibus like LL is some poser amateur. LL Cool J has a lot of history in the industry and when he wants to be, he is a great performer and rapper. Canibus tries to hard. His album Canibus 2000 B.C was good but he hasn't done anything to live up to that since, other than getting the better of Eminem, of course.

MildPossession
I just heard Canibus for the first time last week, his song No Return came onto the radio and I really enjoyed it, I take it this is off the Rip the Jacker album? and that's the best album to go for first by this guy?

Juntai
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Uh Canibus and LL did have beef in the past and LL killed him. It wasn't even funny. Some say that was the final nail in the coffin of his mainstream career. I guess you didn't actually pay attention to what I posted. Which must be a habit. Because I also guess you never paid attention to the beef.

Canibus' flop of a debut album is what cost him his career.
Everyone knows he ripped LL.
And everyone knows he's a million times the lyricist.

Juntai
he just tries too hard, i dunno. it's one of those cases where less is more. he uses too many corny similes. that whole song was just simile after simile. i'm so _____ im like ____. or i'm as ____ as ____. that was it, that was the whole formula. just didn't find it entertaining.

"me without lyrics is like a porno flick without sex"

if a rapper like 50 cent said that people wouldn't hesitate to call it wack or bland, why does canibus get a pass? that's really no better than "i luv u like a fat kid luv cake" and at least that was MEANT to sound corny.

im not saying his whole career is like that cause i've never cared enough to listen to one of his albums. just the random songs i've heard like the one mentioned above. Try listening to some songs off of the Curriculum, or Rip the Jacker. Like Poet Laureate 1 and 2, Curriculum 101, No Return, Master Thesis.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by MildPossession
I just heard Canibus for the first time last week, his song No Return came onto the radio and I really enjoyed it, I take it this is off the Rip the Jacker album? and that's the best album to go for first by this guy? Easily, and thats cuz of the production by Stoupe.

Zoron
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't like Canibus. He is like a gangster, Del the Funkee homosapien but i will say that i think Canibus got the better of Eminem during their beef. I'm not sure why so many people say that LL cool J beat Canibus like LL is some poser amateur. LL Cool J has a lot of history in the industry and when he wants to be, he is a great performer and rapper. Canibus tries to hard. His album Canibus 2000 B.C was good but he hasn't done anything to live up to that since, other than getting the better of Eminem, of course. mad canibus doen't try too hard u people just don't wanna give the guy any credit he is a top mc bottom line!

Zoron
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Easily, and thats cuz of the production by Stoupe. and the lyrics

Zoron

""me without lyrics is like a porno flick without sex

im not saying his whole career is like that cause i've never cared enough to listen to one of his albums. just the random songs i've heard like the one mentioned above. sick sick mad sad sick come on man 50 cent LOL believe me if 50 cent says the stuff canibus says then 50 would be a top mc no doubt but 50 doesn't say amazing things so....yeah and how is "me without lyrics is like a porno flick without sex" corny your the only person I've seen say that everybody said is was tight u just don't wanna give the guy any credit & even if it was "wack" 50 cent sucks nothing but mainstream rubbish canibus reps real hip hop thats why he would get a pass and the "i luv u like a fat kid luv cake" line is decent not corny for someone of 50 cent's calibur but hey its your opinion laughing

Zoron
Try listening to some songs off of the Curriculum, or Rip the Jacker. Like Poet Laureate 1 and 2, Curriculum 101, No Return, Master Thesis. I'm a big canibus fan like u but there seem to be too many canibus haters here or the "he's ok 2 bit" thing

Dr. Leg Kick
and the lyrics not as much.

Zoron
his new stuff is AWFUL. i can't imagine how a gifted lyricist fell off so bad. his best album was probably 'Rip The Jacker'. Stoupe has incredible beats. so u say "For whom the beat Tolls" is awful its a classic just like RTJ shifty

Zoron
Canib!tch?

He still makes music...?

I thought Em destroyed him. stick out tongue mad canibitch come on man who still says that it still doesn't take away the fact that he completley destroys em and LL fool gay on the mic mad

Zoron
So you agree?

One of Em's albums pisses all over Canibus's combined?

Good.

I win T3H thread. stick out tongue LoL laughing laughing laughing the only thing u won is a not knowing your hip hop award wise guy canibus kills em lyrically and u know it

Zoron
'Rip the Jacker' is better than anything Eminem has released. But it's obvious Stoupe takes majority of the credit, but even lyrically Canibus did great. laughing laughing what do u mean even canibus did great lyrically?????? wacko

Zoron
Originally posted by Uncle Moses

Though Square Dance was entertaining. sick u don't listen to underground hip hop do u mad laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing confused

Dr. Leg Kick
laughing laughing what do u mean even canibus did great lyrically?????? wacko i'm hear to listen to music, not get ready to take the SAT's or MCAT.

Dr. Leg Kick
so u say "For whom the beat Tolls" is awful its a classic just like RTJ shifty your opinion.

red g jacks
Try listening to some songs off of the Curriculum, or Rip the Jacker. Like Poet Laureate 1 and 2, Curriculum 101, No Return, Master Thesis. aight thanks, will do

sick sick mad sad sick come on man 50 cent LOL believe me if 50 cent says the stuff canibus says then 50 would be a top mc no doubt but 50 doesn't say amazing things so....yeah and how is "me without lyrics is like a porno flick without sex" corny your the only person I've seen say that everybody said is was tight u just don't wanna give the guy any credit & even if it was "wack" 50 cent sucks nothing but mainstream rubbish canibus reps real hip hop thats why he would get a pass and the "i luv u like a fat kid luv cake" line is decent not corny for someone of 50 cent's calibur but hey its your opinion laughing why would i just not wanna give him credit? what do i stand to gain from that?

im starting to think you are canibus.

Zoron
aight thanks, will do

why would i just not wanna give him credit? what do i stand to gain from that?

im starting to think you are canibus. U haven't given him any credit so far all I've seen u say is hes boring, and his lyrics are corny then u try to compare him to 50 cent laughing laughing laughing but hey like I said man its your opinion live it up laughing

red g jacks
i say those things cause i believe them, not because i have some sort of personal grudge against him (you)

redlake
Got all his albums some where poor, he's definitely in my top 5 as a battle mc and makes it in my top twenty for lyricist and overall rappers. For me battle on wax Em beat him on. But as a 1on1 stage battle Canibus would win. He beat LL in my book Second RD ko is a classic,i like LL but ill will always by Canibus shit he is undeniably heavy how can you say you love Hip Hop and not recognise his lyrics he's relevant and has earned he's due. Got him there with Planet Asia Chino XL Mad Skillz and many more

Dr. Leg Kick
Went back and listened to this classic album. Brought back great memories.

Pacewon- Won

http://etalonhiphop.blogspot.com/2007/10/pace-won.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.