Eye Beams Vs Hand Beams

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Which are better?

Ok, if you were, somehow, given the option to have eyebeams or handbeams which would you pick? (both will be at the same power level)

Let's say it's heat beams (for example)

Eye-beams mean that while in a grapple with somone of equal or greater strength you have another avenue of attack - burn their face.

Hand-beams mean that you can fire in two directions at once and in a grapple you could burn their hands.

Glowing eyes look cool ... but so do glowing fists.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Symmetric Chaos
Eyebeams.

Harder for people to prevent you from using them, better accuracy, potentially easier to hide when you use them.

Juntai
Interesting.

Priest
Hand beams for me

Blair Wind
So basically like Havok or Cyclops?

Well in that case I would pick Havok because he can generate it from anywhere, but....lets pretend it was only hands and eyes.

Say like Superman's heat vision compared to Majestic's hand blasts?

I really dont know. Each have their own pros and cons erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
It depends on who's Eye beams and who's hand beams. Darksied's Eye beams are UBER over most anyone's hand beams. Except then you have someone like Infinity Man who's hand beams pwn anything they touch quite easily.

King Kandy
Hand beams generally create explosions when they hit the ground, making them harder to dodge.

Scoobless
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
It depends on who's Eye beams and who's hand beams. Darksied's Eye beams are UBER over most anyone's hand beams. Except then you have someone like Infinity Man who's hand beams pwn anything they touch quite easily.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Ok, if you were, somehow, given the option to have eyebeams or handbeams which would you pick? (both will be at the same power level)

It's the exact same power, the choice is only between where you want them to emit from.

We'll call it Superman heat beam level to make it easier.

smile

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
Hand beams generally create explosions when they hit the ground, making them harder to dodge.

HandBeams tend to get dodged more. EyeBeams are more I look at you and you die.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Eye Beams give you the Option of using ur fist more as well if you have super strength to go along with it.

Validus
I dunno. To me it comes down to the accuracy of eye beams against the wide range damage of hand beams.

I would probably go with eye beams just because you can be more stealthy about it plus you can do that badass shit that Superman does when he makes his eyes glow and gets in somebody's face.

DarkC
Wristblades.

Oh wait, that's not an option. Dammit!

Redatom65
well i'd be the only person on earth with this chose let alone power. Give me the hands

endrict
Hands beams for me...you can point them in any direction look else where ...eyebeams had to go where you look...

grey fox
Eyebeams , it's much easier to look at someone then it is to hit them with your hands (if you get what I mean)

Symmetric Chaos
How are HandBeams winning in the polls?

golem370
How about using every hair strain to release they beam. Like right before the beam is released you hair rises and points and then the energy collectively releases for your hair strains

Validus
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How are HandBeams winning in the polls?
Everyone who wants eye beams chooses them because they're too lazy to aim their hands so it makes sense they're too lazy to vote in a poll.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Validus
Everyone who wants eye beams chooses them because they're too lazy to aim their hands so it makes sense they're too lazy to vote in a poll.

HandBeamFanboy glare

Redatom65
no one on earth has beams. I can go all dragonballz on sh!t

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Redatom65
no one on earth has beams. I can go all dragonballz on sh!t

I think you would need flight, superspeed, superstrength, martial arts training and 20lbs of hair gel to do that.

Validus
laughing out loud

DarkC
I'd go handbeams.

TricksterPriest
eyebeams. Glowing eyes are pwnage. big grin Though fists AND eyes are better. wink

UniOmni
Eyebeams for me.

It'll always be cooler to merely look at a planet in the cosmos, and reduce it to ash, than it'll be to point with a hand gesture.

That'll be so corny in real life.

Hercules
Hand Beams, I would be afraid of accidently triggering my eye beams say when I was looking deep into a womans eyes and burning her face off.

Or looking at a microwave meal in the supermarket and cooking it right there and then.

Plus with hand beams I can charge em up and punch someone with it and I can do Ryu impressions in my backyard!

Ok I've really put to much thought into this!

Scoobless
I think Hand beams would be a little more useful as you could hit things behind/around you and you could subtly blow stuff/people up without having to turn your head.

no expression

xmeat
rather have hand beams than eye beams.

Soljer
I think Hand beams would be a little more useful as you could hit things behind/around you and you could subtly blow stuff/people up without having to turn your head.

no expression

You can't just glance? I mean, if you're gonna aim with your hands, you're gonna have to look in the general direction anyways.

I'd say, assuming the power is the same, that eye beams would be better. Mostly due to accuracy, and stealth.

Skeets
Eye beams.I'll do that Darkseid pose with my hands behind my back,then eye beam your ass.

Bentley
If I had super speed or like, weapons, eye beams would be it, but since my hands aren't that cool being free and all hand beams for the win.

Years of videogames are going to give me great accuracy with my hands anyways. Also, Merasoma and a blast from each finger is just plain cool.

Utrigita
Eyebeams there is none saying that the eyebeams cannot act like Darkseids omega Beam twisting and turning, so you would still be capable of shoting someone behind you. smile

Blair Wind
also if you have eyebeams and want to carry around extra weapons you can erm

Utrigita
but you cannot wair sunglases thumbup1

wink

Redatom65
so it's eaither be superman and cyclops or captain atom and havok...

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Utrigita
but you cannot wair sunglases thumbup1

wink

Yea you can....same way Cyclops does (just pretend you have control over them)

Scoobless
Eyebeams there is none saying that the eyebeams cannot act like Darkseids omega Beam twisting and turning, so you would still be capable of shoting someone behind you. smile

That's not an option, we limited it to Superman style beams.

Utrigita

Damm mad

Utrigita
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Yea you can....same way Cyclops does (just pretend you have control over them)

We can do that yes, and Cyclops has Emma Frost what has Havok nothing, which means Eyebeams>Handbeams

wink

Scoobless
We can do that yes, and Cyclops has Emma Frost what has Havok nothing, which means Eyebeams>Handbeams

wink

Havok's bangin' Polaris again.

stick out tongue

Utrigita
magnetos daugther, what a father is law wink

jrodslam
Im going with the hands. I can shoot in 2 different dsirections that way. With the eyes, they are pretty much gonna be the same direction parallel to each other. That kinda sucks.

Bentley
The Vision is probably the weirdest in-law Magneto will ever have. What can you say when your daughter dates a robot?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Bentley
The Vision is probably the weirdest in-law Magneto will ever have. What can you say when your daughter dates a robot?

"I must have been a bad father my daughter is dating a Robot that can defeat the entire avengers" wink

Mindship
All else being equal: eyebeams. Advantages...

1. Faster and easier to look at something than point your hand.
2. More accurate. If you're looking at it, you're on target (and while you might be able to shoot in two different directions with your hands, you can still only look in one direction at a time to aim).
3. Less conspicuous, harder to anticipate.
4. Glowing eyes (should one choose this option) do look cooler than glowing fists because "the eyes are the window to the soul," thus suggesting powerful energies emanating from the very core of one's being.

twisted

inamilist
Originally posted by Soljer
You can't just glance? I mean, if you're gonna aim with your hands, you're gonna have to look in the general direction anyways.

I'd say, assuming the power is the same, that eye beams would be better. Mostly due to accuracy, and stealth.

This raises a really interesting point

do the beams fire straight out from the eye sockets (ala superman and cyclops) or from the pupil of the eye itself?

Most often, humans do not turn their head the whole way to look at things, they just move their eyes. So, if the beams do fire straight out of the face, you would still have to take time to properly target something with your head as opposed to just looking at it out of the corner of your eye. It would still be quicker than your hand, but the range of things you can directly face is much smaller than the range of things you can see.

lol, and if the beams are generated by the pupils, then it would be almost impossible to hit something. Saccidic movement refers to very small and quick movements your eyes make every second, averaging like 6-7 a second. They are unconscious and uncontrollable smile Eyebeams like this would be more like shotguns than precision instruments.

but wow am i a nerd

anyways, hand beams for multi directional blasts

grey fox
Versatility could possibly go to HB's though , you could melt objects at a touch , reinforce your punches and possibly do the whole 'Punch the ground energy shockwave' shtick.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inamilist
This raises a really interesting point

do the beams fire straight out from the eye sockets (ala superman and cyclops) or from the pupil of the eye itself?

Most often, humans do not turn their head the whole way to look at things, they just move their eyes. So, if the beams do fire straight out of the face, you would still have to take time to properly target something with your head as opposed to just looking at it out of the corner of your eye. It would still be quicker than your hand, but the range of things you can directly face is much smaller than the range of things you can see.

lol, and if the beams are generated by the pupils, then it would be almost impossible to hit something. Saccidic movement refers to very small and quick movements your eyes make every second, averaging like 6-7 a second. They are unconscious and uncontrollable smile Eyebeams like this would be more like shotguns than precision instruments.

but wow am i a nerd

anyways, hand beams for multi directional blasts

Wow talk about over analyzing stick out tongue

Based on how EyeBeams work in comics none of that should be a problem.

Mindship
Another interesting point/question: what does the world look like to someone who's shooting energy out of his/her eyes?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Mindship
Another interesting point/question: what does the world look like to someone who's shooting energy out of his/her eyes?

I assume it depends on the color of the EyeBeam . . .

inamilist
Wow talk about over analyzing stick out tongue

Based on how EyeBeams work in comics none of that should be a problem.

LOL

ya, i do try really hard sometimes smile

The first part should actually be a problem (ie, you would loose some ability to target things with eye beams due to head movement being more restricted then hand movement) but ya, the seccade stuff is just me blowing smoke out of the bum

Honestly, it seems like a really even balance between speed and versatility on the eye vs hand thing

Symmetric Chaos
LOL

ya, i do try really hard sometimes smile

The first part should actually be a problem (ie, you would loose some ability to target things with eye beams due to head movement being more restricted then hand movement) but ya, the seccade stuff is just me blowing smoke out of the bum

Honestly, it seems like a really even balance between speed and versatility on the eye vs hand thing

Well its hard to target at anything you can't see (unless you have some additional supersensory power or decades of MA experience). Also you could just turn your whole body to face an opponent.

I think that EyeBeams have the additional advantage of also making it so that if someone ties of you hands you can still blast them.

grey fox
Well its hard to target at anything you can't see (unless you have some additional supersensory power or decades of MA experience). Also you could just turn your whole body to face an opponent.

I think that EyeBeams have the additional advantage of also making it so that if someone ties of you hands you can still blast them.

...But then you can't blast off your bonds. Wheras if you had handblasts you'd be incapable of having your wrists tied.

Mindship
Saccidic movement refers to very small and quick movements your eyes make every second, averaging like 6-7 a second.
Eyebeam energy discharge temporarily stifles the saccades, thanks to evolution. Those superorganisms in which eyebeam firing did not stifle the saccades (making target-strike less likely) were less likely to survive and have offspring.

inamilist

hehe

its not that you can't see them, its that there is a big difference between "looking" at something and "aiming" your head at something. Honestly, the majority of the time when you are looking at something, your head is not directly facing it.

Very true on the last part, though hand beams could theoretically get out of being bound unless it is a special alloy metal or whatever, but then the same could be said for blindfolds of the like smile

I can see advantage to both of them, I just prefer the advantages of handbeams. The speed and accuracy advantages, once accustomed to the power, are going to be almost negligible and the multi directional shooting is something I'd really like.

inamilist
Eyebeam energy discharge temporarily stifles the saccades, thanks to evolution. Those superorganisms in which eyebeam firing did not stifle the saccades (making target-strike less likely) were less likely to survive and have offspring.

*bows*

i am not worthy

H. S. 6
Handbeams, hands down.

*cough*

Mindship
*bows*

i am not worthy
I only stand on the shoulders of those before me.
pile

Jyppe
Handbeams. Imagine if your powers malfunctioned and you burnt off your eyes!. And I wouldn't like any side effects either. Brain cancer isn't what I'd wish for. Neither would I like a "hand" cancer stick out tongue

Endless Mike
I pick to have eyes on my hands, and shoot beams from there

Hand beams can be dangerous while masturbating.

The Fighter
Stop this voting!
You can not make one thing seem more important than other things!
You need one thing to be superior to another to make it superior, but never highlight the subject! That is wrong, brotherssad

Evil_Ash
Originally posted by The Fighter
Stop this voting!
You need one thing to be superior to another to make it superior, but never highlight the subject! That is wrong, brotherssad

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/domonews.jpg

Validus
So we also get that wide beam he used when destroying that army of Doomsday clones?

MightyEInherjar
Stop this voting!

http://www.forumspile.com/Stupid-Internet_Police.jpg

The Fighter
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
http://www.forumspile.com/Stupid-Internet_Police.jpg

Those who calls other stupid shows they can not outsmart them, thus making a fool of them self.
Do what is written in my sig, brothersmile

Scoobless
So we also get that wide beam he used when destroying that army of Doomsday clones?

Sure, why not ... but that did give him a major headache and he said he wouldn't have been able to do it twice.

MightyEInherjar
Oh, and to stay on topic, hand beams.

Scoobless
Those who calls other stupid shows they can not outsmart them

Scans?

The Fighter
Scans?

Brother, you confuses mesmile

MightyEInherjar
Get out.

Evil_Ash
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/aaf.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
I would choose eye beams so I can say "X begats Y. Y consumes worlds." to people then cablebuster them. We'll see how the world feels without left arms.

Plus, sometimes you can do it with an invisible beam. Then who's going to know who's eyebeaming who?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I would choose eye beams so I can say "X begats Y. Y consumes worlds." to people then cablebuster them. We'll see how the world feels without left arms.

Plus, sometimes you can do it with an invisible beam. Then who's going to know who's eyebeaming who?

Perhaps, but if you wore glasses or contacts then eyebeams would just be a pain in the ass.

Also, extremities, such as hands, are the first thing to get frosbite in really cold weather - generating your own heat solves that problem.

smile

Hercules
Its a dead heat! eek!

I like the use of hand beams to warm your hands on cold days! but it would make snowball fights a bit of a problem, your getting pelted by snow as water trickles through your fingers.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Hercules
Its a dead heat! eek!

I like the use of hand beams to warm your hands on cold days! but it would make snowball fights a bit of a problem, your getting pelted by snow as water trickles through your fingers.

I would imagine you would be able to turn it off.

stick out tongue

Hercules
I would imagine you would be able to turn it off.

stick out tongue

Your soo sensible! stick out tongue

Swanky-Tuna
Perhaps, but if you wore glasses or contacts then eyebeams would just be a pain in the ass.

Also, extremities, such as hands, are the first thing to get frosbite in really cold weather - generating your own heat solves that problem.

smile
It would, but I wouldn't want to ruin my opera gloves with hand beams. Don't judge me.

And in a cold weather situation, I can just kill whoever's with me and stick my hands in their dead body. Or start a fire. Whichever I feel like doing.

TricksterPriest
I'm still gonna liking the idea of being able to do the Darkseid pose and having flames shooting out my eyes. cool *shoots eyebeams at a random bystander* OWWWWWW!!!! I SHOT MY EYEBEAMS WITH SHADES ON! MY EYES, THEY'RE MELTING!!!! YEE GODS, THE PAIN!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

And that children, is why you never wear shades when you can shoot eyebeams. Otherwise you'll melt them onto your head. stick out tongue

superkronick92
Eye beams, pinpoint accuracy, plus they can be invisible, imagine, someone won't shut up and wham, insant lobotomy.In al seriousness, Supes has 3 kinds of eye beams, pinpoint laser vision, heat vision and widespread heat vision(Hits everything in the line of his sight.)
would you get one or all three?

MightyEInherjar
I imagine if you had one, you could eventually learn to emulate the others with practice.

Priest
Hand beams are better
u can fire them at two different directions.
amped punches would be awesome.
and most importantly, u can pretend to do a KAMEHAMEHA!

Symmetric Chaos
People seem to be forgetting that some people with EyeBeams could be crosseyed.

bigbran
With eyebeams you could be hitting someone, and kicking them in the balls, then when they least suspect it, you could melt their face off.

SpunkySmurph
Eyebeams ftw.

Better aim
Faster to fire (looking vs. pointing)
Looks less dumb

Redatom65
People seem to be forgetting that some people with EyeBeams could be crosseyed.

laughing

qqqqqqq
see eye beam, see omega beam

Newjak
Seriously though each have their strengths.

Hmm.
Eyes Beams:
Better accuracy
Quicker draw
Harder to block

Hand Beams:
Shoot in multiple directions
Can be used to charge fists
Bigger Beams=more area Damage

I would go with the eyes beams myself and become an assassin.

Priest
Originally posted by Newjak
I would pick hand beams and become a boxer

Mindship
I see in the poll that eyebeams now lead. 'Bout time. Even the word "eyebeams" looks cooler than "handbeams" (sounds almost like "hand creams"wink.

Also, I've noticed that, generally speaking, DC seems to prefer eyebeams (probably because of Superman), while Marvel appears to prefer more handbeams (probably as a reaction to DC).

Too bad a third option wasn't presented, where you suddenly manifest energy at a given location with a mere thought. But I guess this would shut down both eye- and hand-beams lickity-split.

Priest
Too bad a third option wasn't presented, where you suddenly manifest energy at a given location with a mere thought.
Like shooting beams out of my butt? stick out tongue

dvampire
Originally posted by Newjak
Seriously though each have their strengths.

Hmm.
Eyes Beams:
Better accuracy
Quicker draw
Harder to block

Hand Beams:
Shoot in multiple directions
Can be used to charge fists
Bigger Beams=more area Damage

Bigger beams can be made with eye beams also. Cyke, Supes, and MM has shown this.

Symmetric Chaos
Too bad a third option wasn't presented, where you suddenly manifest energy at a given location with a mere thought. But I guess this would shut down both eye- and hand-beams lickity-split.

Blackbolt blasts from the mouth, sort of.

Neji (from Naruto) can relese energy from all over his body simultaneously.

Goku (from DBZ) once performed an energy blast with his feet.

dvampire
A mouth beam would be sorta cool, but you won't be able to see what's in front of you.

Priest
Originally posted by dvampire
A mouth beam would be sorta cool, but you won't be able to see what's in front of you.
piccolo, napa(i think), and buu can do that.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Priest
piccolo, napa(i think), and buu can do that.

BlackBolt as well.

Buu can also shoot from his antennae.

Priest
BlackBolt as well.

Buu can also shoot from his antennae.
u know wats cool, beams from each of the finger tips.

Symmetric Chaos
u know wats cool, beams from each of the finger tips.

Thats also one of the most painful ways to kill someone. Skewer thier body on 10 beams of energy with pretty good accuracy.

don't shiv
eyebeams cyke and darkseid have demonstrated their flight path can be manipulated to tag a target outside the line of sight.

disadvantage with eyebeams is headaches.

eyebeams for me.

invisiblewoman
eye beems for me

Mindship
Like shooting beams out of my butt? stick out tongue
Deadliest of them all.
Thanos would beg for mercy, for sure.

Metalmanx
Eyebeams.

Harder for people to prevent you from using them, better accuracy, potentially easier to hide when you use them.

Indeed. Fully agree. thumb up

manjaro
Eyebeams FTW..anyone who favors hand beams have obviously never seen when superman mixes his heat vision with his telescopic vision and levels a wide area, plus with hand beams, your arms would get tired from having them stretched out to aim all damn daybig grin while with eyebeams you can just post up and look cool, and not fruity

Swanky-Tuna

It would, but I wouldn't want to ruin my opera gloves with hand beams. Don't judge me.

And in a cold weather situation, I can just kill whoever's with me and stick my hands in their dead body. Or start a fire. Whichever I feel like doing.
I like how two of the three uses of eyebeams I use involve hurting others for no reason. It's three for three if the fire is used to burn people.

The Fake Macoy
Eyebeams since it's WAY easier to aim with them and you don't need to look stupid while using them.

Scoobless
Bump fest '08 continues.

Raoul
Eyebeams.

and you'd get to wear a funky looking visor if you wanted...

if they used contact lenses instead of rings in the gl corps you'd choose eyebeams too...

Lord Feron
EYEBEAMS! and no not motivated by supes stick out tongue . Glowing eyes is sexy and you would look like a true god. I imagine using eyebeams would require less effort. And there is no draw like a gun in you hands. If someone is fast enough they would be able to draw their gun and shoot you before you lift your hand and as with eyes your pretty much already aiming at them. Then again if you handcuffed it would be a bit*h to get out lol (i mean if someone could handcuff me) Wait now that I think of it. With eye beams someone can restrict your movement of your neck and capture you. With hands I don't see how they would be able to contain you indefinitely (i guess they can cut off your arms). Damn it I was starting this post all gungho about eyebeams but Idk hand beams seem to have more utility in case sh*t happens. Idk what do you think about such situation guys?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Raoul

if they used contact lenses instead of rings in the gl corps you'd choose eyebeams too...

laughing laughing

llagrok
Hand Beams.

I could get that cool glow Thanos and some other characters has.

psycho gundam
eye beams for damn sure.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BvcLGY7hwA8&feature=related

"run atreyu....RUN!!!!"

you don't get that reaction from hand beams.

starlock
Eye beams for the win

Hannibal-Lector
This is a REAL tough 1... Hand for now

fangirl101
Eye beams. Tyrant used them and they were uber. Galactus uses them and makes herals. Darksied uses them to erase people. Superman uses them to power up world engines. Cyclops has the most powerful blast of any of the xmen. Eye beams for the win.

Scoobless
Originally posted by fangirl101
Eye beams. Tyrant used them and they were uber. Galactus uses them and makes herals. Darksied uses them to erase people. Superman uses them to power up world engines. Cyclops has the most powerful blast of any of the xmen. Eye beams for the win.

Kind of missed the point of the thread.... but ok.

h1a8
Hand beams for me

With hand beams your aim would be worst plus you would have to depend on hand speed to fire them (in lifting your hand to point). So what if someone kills you before you can raise your hand. Do you want hand beams now?

IMO, this thread is an intelligence test. Nothing more.

llagrok
Originally posted by h1a8
With hand beams your aim would be worst plus you would have to depend on hand speed to fire them (in lifting your hand to point). So what if someone kills you before you can raise your hand. Do you want hand beams now?

IMO, this thread is an intelligence test. Nothing more.

At least you can aim backwards with your hands....

What if someone lifts you up by the neck? If they get you with a bearhug from behind you can fire down at their by moving your hands. Not to mention twice the fire rate.

Mr. Slippyfist
Hand beams.

llagrok
YES, YES, YES!

Bran chose me!!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by llagrok

What if someone lifts you up by the neck? If they get you with a bearhug from behind you can fire down at their by moving your hands. Not to mention twice the fire rate.

llgrok is a cyclops omg

fangirl101

What if someone lifts you up by the neck? If they get you with a bearhug from behind you can fire down at their by moving your hands. Not to mention twice the fire rate. you can use your omegas to shoot them from behind. smile

llagrok
you can use your omegas to shoot them from behind. smile

Naw dumbass, only Darkseid has the Omega beams.

Read up on DC friend smile

psycho gundam
you can use your omegas to shoot them from behind. smile something about this just...... sick sick sick sad ......sick

h1a8

Good point!
Man do I feel stupid.

So both have plus and minuses. I would choose the handbeams now. But I will practice like hell on my aim.

Mindset
Naw dumbass, only Darkseid has the Omega beams.

Read up on DC friend smile

laughing

Apolloknight
Handblast.

A glowing fist would mean I can hit somebody with a Sho-ryu-ken in the club parking lot after the club lets out.

psycho gundam
you need super-jumping for the full effect.

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you need super-jumping for the full effect.

You could use the other hand to blast the ground and propel you.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by h1a8
Good point!
Man do I feel stupid.

So both have plus and minuses. I would choose the handbeams now. But I will practice like hell on my aim. You could shoot out of your fingers for a more accurate beam.

psycho gundam
or you could just eye-beam him to win and take his girlfiriend, but i'm betting if your eyes glow in a club you don't have to worry about the common parking lot showdowns to begin with....haters will respect you for the simple fact you could microwave them with a glance.

Mindset
I'd rather be able to shoot beams out my ass.

deadspeak25
Eye beams without a doubt.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
I'd rather be able to shoot beams out my ass.
oh you can with this:

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

and some moron who had the gall to try some:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfTKlKy4LPI

7.1 million on the scoville scale, the beam from your ass will turn you into the saturn V rocket.

grey fox
Hand beams are more versatile and slightly more intimidating.

basilisk
Some pros and cons...

Hand beams: you point your hands down at the ground and fire maximum burst to get super-jump and flight powers.

Eye beams: you point your eyes at the ground and fire maximum burst and you blow your feet off and get whiplash.

Hand beams: you can give people you don't like super-hot handshakes and they don't know wtf is going on.

Eye beams: let out a carefully timed burst to give your headbutt that extra boost during a fight.

Hand beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and safely fire back while staying behind cover.

Eye beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and stay there, because if you try shooting back you'll get shot in the head.

Hand beams: during a fight at night in the dark, move your arms around and use just one fist at a time to confuse your enemy as to exactly where you are.

Eye beams: during a fight at night in the dark, fire your eyebeams to let the enemy know exactly where to shoot to take the headshot.

Hand beams: you fire up your glowing hands and can pick up hot frypans with your bare hands.

Hand beams: you walk around with your coffee mug in your hand keeping it nice and warm, while the eye-beam guy's coffee gets cold unless he keeps staring at it.

Hand beams: during winter you make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands.

Eye beams: you try to make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands but you just burn your hands.

Eye beams: you are blasting something with your eye-beams when a friend walks up and says "hello". Instinctively you turn around to answer and blow their head clean off. You are arrested and charged with manslaughter.

Darth Creasy
Originally posted by basilisk
Some pros and cons...

Hand beams: you point your hands down at the ground and fire maximum burst to get super-jump and flight powers.

Eye beams: you point your eyes at the ground and fire maximum burst and you blow your feet off and get whiplash.

Hand beams: you can give people you don't like super-hot handshakes and they don't know wtf is going on.

Eye beams: let out a carefully timed burst to give your headbutt that extra boost during a fight.

Hand beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and safely fire back while staying behind cover.

Eye beams: when being shot at by an armed gang, duck behind a wall and stay there, because if you try shooting back you'll get shot in the head.

Hand beams: during a fight at night in the dark, move your arms around and use just one fist at a time to confuse your enemy as to exactly where you are.

Eye beams: during a fight at night in the dark, fire your eyebeams to let the enemy know exactly where to shoot to take the headshot.

Hand beams: you fire up your glowing hands and can pick up hot frypans with your bare hands.

Hand beams: you walk around with your coffee mug in your hand keeping it nice and warm, while the eye-beam guy's coffee gets cold unless he keeps staring at it.

Eye beams: you try to make roasted almonds and popcorn in your hands but you just burn your hands.

Eye beams: you are blasting something with your eye-beams when a friend walks up and says "hello". Instinctively you turn around to answer and blow their head clean off. You are arrested and charged with manslaughter.

laughing laughing laughing

Mindship
http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/50283069/I_Beam_Steel.jpg http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/50283069/I_Beam_Steel.jpg

EBs ftw

redhotrash
Eye beams I think would normally be a lot more useful. When robbing a bank for example, you could carry the money AND be able to fend off the police with your eyes. Also they would be handy if you were restrained. Anyway you look at it, eyebeams are more versatile because they still allow you the use of both hands.
The only downside really is how fragile the eye is. 50% of your power could be taken by a stray shot from a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB gun with a compass in the stock.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by basilisk
Some pros and cons...

Eye beams: you are blasting something with your eye-beams when a friend walks up and says "hello". Instinctively you turn around to answer and blow their head clean off. You are arrested and charged with manslaughter. with eye beams you can look and cook at the same time.

h1a8
Originally posted by redhotrash
Eye beams I think would normally be a lot more useful. When robbing a bank for example, you could carry the money AND be able to fend off the police with your eyes. Also they would be handy if you were restrained. Anyway you look at it, eyebeams are more versatile because they still allow you the use of both hands.
The only downside really is how fragile the eye is. 50% of your power could be taken by a stray shot from a Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model BB gun with a compass in the stock.

Here are the pros and cons

1. Hand beams allow you to shoot in multiple directions simultaneously (like in front and back at the same time).

2. Hand beams allow you take cover better while fighting.

3. Eye beams are much accurate (if you can see the target then you will hit the target)

4. Eye beams come out faster (One can possibly get shot before they raise their hands to shoot hand beams).

With that said, Hand beams are better when fighting the government (tanks and police) and eye beams are better when defending yourself against a single opponent pointing a gun at you.

I would take handbeams for the above reason.

redhotrash
Pointing your arm behind your back and expecting to hit anything is a bit much. A ways back I was watching a shooting exhibition documentary and it was pointed out that historically very few people have been able to fire on 2 different targets at once from a fair range. Obviously using beams you could adjust your shot as you were shooting, but people thinking you could just twirl around shooting stuff behind your back are misguided and have been watching too many crappy John Woo films. Also I think Eyebeams are better for fighting the goverment, police, etc. Whats the first thing they say when they draw their weapons on you? "Put your hands up" or something along those lines. Any sudden movements with them and you'd be riddled with holes. However you can put your hands behind your back and still roast em.

llagrok
You don't have to reach out your arm to fire a beam...

redhotrash
so you can hold your arms at your sides and still fire in front of yourself accurately?

llagrok
so you can hold your arms at your sides and still fire in front of yourself accurately?

Yup.

Just aim your palm or hands at them....

h1a8
Pointing your arm behind your back and expecting to hit anything is a bit much. A ways back I was watching a shooting exhibition documentary and it was pointed out that historically very few people have been able to fire on 2 different targets at once from a fair range. Obviously using beams you could adjust your shot as you were shooting, but people thinking you could just twirl around shooting stuff behind your back are misguided and have been watching too many crappy John Woo films. Also I think Eyebeams are better for fighting the goverment, police, etc. Whats the first thing they say when they draw their weapons on you? "Put your hands up" or something along those lines. Any sudden movements with them and you'd be riddled with holes. However you can put your hands behind your back and still roast em.

You don't need to point your hand behind you to shoot what's behind.
You turn sideways and blast in both directions.
If you turn around you can fire a near omnidirection blast.

If you have eyebeams then you can get shot from behind easily. With eyebeams you can only fire once at a time. You would also have to stick your head out to shoot (getting you face blasted off). So how is eyebeams better for fighting the government?

If the government has you surrounded when they say "put your hands up" then eyebeams wont help you at all.

Eyebeams only have two advantages.
1. They are good for quick draws (like clint eastwood).
2. They are more accurate (but pointing your finger is pretty accurate too).

Note: You can use eyebeams when your hands are occupied (even though with handbeams you can do the same just slower. You must drop the objects you are holding first). So this is the same as 1.

Note2: you have to be careful with handbeams as you can easily shoot your other arm while you are blasting with both arms wildly.

h1a8
Yup.

Just aim your palm or hands at them....

Good stuff!

carnage52
eye beams look at darkseid he is de UBER however glowing fists would proably make you stronger still id go for eye beams the only problem being i wear glasses so id have to fire blind.

jadervason
Handbeams? Just use guns.

Eyebeams ftw.

shiv
The power is from within you. A stray blast from one arm to another will feel like someone's fingers brushing over your arm even as part of the beam overshoots to knock a parked vehicle into another zip code.

The energy field from your hands or eyes can be extended to the rest of your body Just like Gambit does. To serve as a protective aura and to amp your physical stats -strength-durability-agility-speed-

Eyebeams can be neutralised by a face mask. "Hand" beams are not organ specific the energy can be projected from any point on your epidermus with varying amounts of accurracy.

"Hand beams" thumb up

Hitman911
If the OE was a hand beam many more would die!!!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>