What characters should get killed off

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lighthammer
and which ones should not have been. After the recent death of Captain America, I have been thinking about all the comic deaths over they years. Ones that have been right
Superman(though they resurrected him only two issues later taking away from it).
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan
Colossus( but they brought him back a few years later not two issues later, so it didn't take that much impact from it.)

And the ones that shouldn't
two main ones are Banshee(seriously what was the purpose)
and Captian America. I knew that somebody big was going down in the Civil War but not Cap I thought maybe Iron Man(hopefully there still is a chance) , Spidey, Cyclops, Wolverine, or one of the FF. I was watching the Colbert Report and he said they should have killed him off because he didn't support the president's opressing our freedom. Now, I know he was joking but there is some truth to that(as to why they killed him). And especially not like this, the glorified overrated lack of plot Superman got a heroes funeral, a big monument, and a nationwide mourning. Cap because he died a "traitor" is going to get none of that. Unlike Supe he deserves a big funeral. Unlike Supe he is a true hero. Unlike Supe he deserves to be brought back
. But unfortuneately unlike Superman, he won't.

Sorry about that rambling
Now would do you thinkt hat comics have rightfully or wrongfully killed off and which ones should?

Endless Mike
Iron Man

Martian_mind
Kill Wasp

Lucid Lui
The Banshee death is the only one i really got pissed off about. Completely pointless killing of a great character. And it's one of the few ressurections i'd like to see.

As for who should die now...

Dunno...

Symmetric Chaos
The Atom.

Not because I want him to die but because I think there are some awsome retcon possibilites.

xmeat
how is cap dead why do people keep saying he's dead its getting on my nerves.

Utrigita
What about a event that shouldn't have happen like M-day for instance followed by the civil war jesus what happend to Marvel?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Utrigita
What about a event that shouldn't have happen like M-day for instance followed by the civil war jesus what happend to Marvel?

no expression

Why not make a thread about it rather than asking here?

xmeat
again why do you idiotz keep saying cap is dead

What If...
nuff' said.

Scoobless
Hawkeye's death was the most pointless in recent years ... at least he's back now (though not making too many appearances as of yet)

Vision's "death" in the same story was also quite surprising.

Dinalfos
Reed Richards. For obvious reasons.

Superguy
Originally posted by Lighthammer
and which ones should not have been. After the recent death of Captain America, I have been thinking about all the comic deaths over they years. Ones that have been right
Superman(though they resurrected him only two issues later taking away from it).
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan
Colossus( but they brought him back a few years later not two issues later, so it didn't take that much impact from it.)

and Captian America. I knew that somebody big was going down in the Civil War but not Cap I thought maybe Iron Man(hopefully there still is a chance) , Spidey, Cyclops, Wolverine, or one of the FF. I was watching the Colbert Report and he said they should have killed him off because he didn't support the president's opressing our freedom. Now, I know he was joking but there is some truth to that(as to why they killed him). And especially not like this, the glorified overrated lack of plot Superman got a heroes funeral, a big monument, and a nationwide mourning. Cap because he died a "traitor" is going to get none of that. Unlike Supe he deserves a big funeral. Unlike Supe he is a true hero. Unlike Supe he deserves to be brought back

Now would do you thinkt hat comics have rightfully or wrongfully killed off and which ones should?
a) Learn some English grammar (WHAT characters... WHICH characters).
b) Superman was resurrected one YEAR later.
c) Why the Hell would Marvel kill off an FFer, Spidey or Wolverine when they all have definite films coming soon. wink

Superguy
Originally posted by xmeat
again why do you idiotz keep saying cap is dead Because he is... some Marvel guy released a statement confirming Steve WAS dead... and learn to spell... and use grammar... and punctuation... and capitals... and the Hulk sucks. wink

Darth Vicious
Iron Man- Im so disgusted with the character now that it should die a painful and horrible death!

Black Panther- Just to f**k with Hudlin!

The Fighter
Do never wish for anyone to get killed. Wish for them to change. If you do not pocces the neccesary ammount of karma to do so, wish for them to be reaincarnated, brotherssmile

marvelprince
Originally posted by Lighthammer
Barry Allen
Hal Jordan

What makes you think Cap won't get a heroes funeral? Sure he was a considered a criminal but I'm willing to bet my vital organs that he's gonna have a heroes funeral. Unless his funeral is kept secret from the public or something like that there is no way he doesn't get a huge send off.

I agree with Banshee's death being pointless. Honestly, what came out of that?

Redatom65
Captain America should have died at the end of civil war #7

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Redatom65
Captain America should have died at the end of civil war #7 naaaaaaaaah, who woulda killed him? he was spankin on IM.....

Redatom65
oy, iron man should have killed him. it would have been huge. Significant. Come on, Steve dies at Tony's hands. people with cap would be freaked and registered. People with Tony would look at themselves saying "what have we done." THAT! Would have changed Marvel and one hell of an ending

Hercules
If Iron Man had of killed Cap though it would have destroyed the whole Pro Reg side, public opinion would have swayed against him, if he had killed a national symbol live on national TV.

Redatom65
no one needs to know of course. It'd be covered up. Who'd believe it?

Lighthammer
Yeah, at least Supes went down to a worthy villain like Doomsday, Cap went down to Crossbones for crying out loud. He's a lackey of the Red Skull, but a lackey none the less.

Hercules
no one needs to know of course. It'd be covered up. Who'd believe it?

Well the news choppers and film crews to name but a few would know, not to mention the millions watching at home...

EDIT: No, Cap went down to Sharon Carter, Crossbones merely wounded him, the plan all along was for Sharon to finish him off, so she would have to live with the guilt.

Technically the Red Skull killed him...

Redatom65
there would be no choppers. Just a handful of heroes watching cap die. TOny get's someone to replace him and join him. No one believes it.

Hercules
there would be no choppers. Just a handful of heroes watching cap die. TOny get's someone to replace him and join him. No one believes it.

But unless your suggesting a rewrite, they were battling in the middle of New York and having to clear news crews and civilians out of the way.

Besides, Cap went down to his arch enemies master plan...The Red Skull killed Cap, he organised the entire thing, so in effect the end was very fitting.

Redatom65
yeah, but regardless that ending would have been fitting for civil war.

TricksterPriest
I can appreciate the skull killing cap. We all knew he hated Cap and would do almost anything to kill him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Scarlet ***** must die. evil face She has wrecked Marvel Earth and she needs to pay for it. Seriously, she gets off scot free and all these other mutants have to suffer for her insanity? ***** needs to die.

Hercules
Yeah but I've always had a thing for the Scarlet Witch's fuller figure, plus she got rid of a lot of the more useless mutants and she got it on with an android!

So she has a few plus points!

willRules
laughing

I would like to see the death of someone like a major villain, just to see all the heroes shook up. At the beginning of Cap's latest series, i thought it was great when Red Skull was killed off in the first issue and as much as Cap is one of my favourite characters, there was no place for him in Tony's fourth Reich/world of harmony (provided you agree with the government).

Saying that though, Cap'll be back in the future, regardless of who is wearing the mask yes

Morridini
I actually regret the death of the Blue Beetle, at times he felt like a "Spider-man" in the DC universe, I haven't read any of the new comics yet to see what I think of the new one though.

Redatom65
the new one is kinda dull.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.