Gamora vs. Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpunkySmurph
Allright... so this might be a little one sided, but it's part of my series of threads to guage where people would rate Gamora at:

They fight on a planet that's covered by a field with fiit-tall grass. Maybe a few trees and a pond or two as well. No animals, plot devices, etc.

They start one mile apart.

1) Gamora vs. Ares, both weaponless
2) Gamora vs. Ares, both with an adamantium sword
3) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ and adamtium sword
3) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ his usual weapons

So...

Who wins which matches?

Symmetric Chaos
I got nothin'

MightyEInherjar
Given, I don't know tons about Gamora, but wouldn't Ares strength give him a considerable edge over her without weapons?

Evil_Ash
Gamora for one simple reason...

I don't know a squat about Marvel Ares. stick out tongue

Hercules
I would give Gamora an edge without weapons, Ares an edge with weapons but once you put the Godslayer into it, I have no clue!

So I would guess at.

1. Gamora
2.Ares
3.???
4.???

marvelprince
Is the Godslayer that dagger that she only uses when she's in a tough spot. To even things out a bit why not give Ares the grasscutter sword for one of his matchups

Redatom65
We seem to know an aweful lot on Gamora embarrasment

SpunkySmurph
Originally posted by marvelprince
Is the Godslayer that dagger that she only uses when she's in a tough spot. To even things out a bit why not give Ares the grasscutter sword for one of his matchups
You can debate that as a fifth battle, if you wish.

Can someone give me a gauge on Ares speed/strength

Symmetric Chaos
All the smart people seem to be missing at the moment . . .

I'll check Wiki.

Symmetric Chaos
OK

So he has speed increased only by his physique it would seem. He's strong and has a good HF (apparently it would take molecular dispersion to kill him). He can be hurt by magical weapons. He is capable of using presumably all forms of weapons. The only Olympian that exceeds his strength is Zeus.

Based on his FH I doubt that Gamora can kill him.

Hercules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OK

So he has speed increased only by his physique it would seem. He's strong and has a good HF (apparently it would take molecular dispersion to kill him). He can be hurt by magical weapons. He is capable of using presumably all forms of weapons. The only Olympian that exceeds his strength is Zeus.

Zeus and Hercules exceed him in strength, his uncles Pluto and Neptune equal him.

guy222
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
OK

Ares lost to Thor

xmeat
Originally posted by guy222
Ares lost to Thor how is that bad thor is also a god.

guy222
Originally posted by xmeat
how is that bad thor is also a god.

My friend, just pointing out a weakness for Ares. I know about Gamora

Faceman
Ares wins. Why? Because he's a God, with all those wonderful attributes that come along with the title.....

SpunkySmurph
So, nobodys going to tell me that Gamora gets stomped?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
So, nobodys going to tell me that Gamora gets stomped? I wouldn't bet on a stomp. Ares likely exceeds Gamora in strength, but Gamora has demonstrated impressive durability and speed during the Annihilation: Ronan series. She effectively speed-blitzed Ronan and was unaffected by being dipped in lava.

I don't think we need to debate how dangerous she is in HtH combat. I don't know who would win the fight, but a fight it would definitely be.

If Gamora gets Godslayer, then I'd put the odds on her.

hunbu04
according to the respect he got from ironman in mighty avengers 1 now Ares maybe class 100 or above. he is definitively top tier, he can walk among mortals unseen, he can also possessed mortal like he did masterson thor, he can also channel his lifeforce through his magical weapons like a force blast, like he did when he fought irakis the eternal in thor 291-292

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Allright... so this might be a little one sided, but it's part of my series of threads to guage where people would rate Gamora at:

They fight on a planet that's covered by a field with fiit-tall grass. Maybe a few trees and a pond or two as well. No animals, plot devices, etc.

They start one mile apart.

3) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ and adamtium sword
3) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ his usual weapons

So...

Who wins which matches?

1) 50/50 i lean toward gamora though.
2) Gamora
3)Gamora
4)Gamora

Prep-Man
Gamora.

Bouboumaster
1) Gamora wins 10/10
2) Gamora wins 7,5/10
3) Spite in Gamora's favor
4) Spite in Gamora's favor

redhotrash
Apparently all the Thanos fanboys have blocked possibly her most well known feat. In unarmed combat she beat the crap out of Thanos. Of course some will say they were just practicing, which is odd when it says IN THE COMIC that they were fighting seriously. Others might say she didnt really pwn him. They'd also be wrong, she busted him up.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by redhotrash
Apparently all the Thanos fanboys have blocked possibly her most well known feat. In unarmed combat she beat the crap out of Thanos. Of course some will say they were just practicing, which is odd when it says IN THE COMIC that they were fighting seriously. Others might say she didnt really pwn him. They'd also be wrong, she busted him up. how did she pwn him she hit him 3 times and neither of them were hurt.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1) Gamora wins 10/10
2) Gamora wins 7,5/10

vansonbee
1. 7/10 Ares

2. 8/10 Gamora

3. 8/10 Gamora confused

4. 8/10 Gamora....

K Von Doom
Originally posted by redhotrash
IN THE COMIC that they were fighting seriously.

Did Thanos use energy blasts, forcefields and such? I think in a serious fight he would have.

Bentley
Gamora wins hard.

redhotrash
He did try to use a energy blast actually. His forcefields are kind of sketchy, he doesnt use them all the time (as in that same arc when fighting his clone)

tkitna
Gamora wins in all 4 scenerios.

Thanos would beat gamora and she knows that.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
1) Gamora wins 10/10
2) Gamora wins 7,5/10

Yep... Ares just aint in her league. IMO Gamora is gonan be able to dance all over him. He doesn't even have that much of a strength advantage if at all.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by tkitna

Thanos would beat gamora and she knows that.

Yep, if he didn't want to be touched he wouldn't have been. Thanos is master she will always be the student.

Stoic

Gamora is too slick and agile for Ares. Her kicks, and nerve strikes would eventually slow him down to the point that he'd be moving in slow motion. Then she'd set him up for the solar plexus and nut shot coup de grace..

I imagine Gamora doing a back flip kicking Ares under the chin, and capitalizing on the maneuver by stabbing him through the top of his head.

3) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ and adamantium sword

Read number 2

4) Gamora w/ Godslayer vs. Ares w/ his usual weapons

Gamora would wind up clowning Ares so bad that he'd toss the assault rifle aside, and resort to his axe, this is when Gamora would do a back flip kicking Ares under the chin, and capitalizing on the maneuver by stabbing him through the top of his head.

Glorificus
Hand-to-Hand skill-wise, isn't Gamora approaching or pretty much second to Mantis?

That's quite a bit above Ares.

The only thing Ares has going for him is his durability, which Gamora should be able to get around with nerve strikes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.