Wolverine & Sabretooth: The Truth!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Superguy
Though Jeph Loeb's run on Wolverine is promising to reveal the true relationship between the characters, I thought it'd be interesting to discuss possibilities. I have various scans that seem interesting, pointing towards several possibilities. First off, the facts:
Sabretooth and Wolverine have always been entangled, for years before Wolvie's first appearance. Chris Claremont intended to have Sabretooth being Logan's father but the truth is a mystery still. However, tantalising hints have been dropped throughout comics. In Wolverine Origin, there are some interesting hints, possibly pointing towards Wolverine being Victor Creed's brother, thanks to an affair between Thomas Logan and James Howlett's mother. Thomas was the Howlett's gardener. Here, it is obvious he looks incredibly like Logan in a centuries time or so, while talking oddly to James' mother, which definitely seems to hint at an affair between the two at some point:

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3793/72540067bi2.th.jpg

And, years later, as an adult, there is a startling similarity between "Dog" Logan, Thomas' son, and Sabretooth, minus the scars... could Dog's healing factor have developed later in life?

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6505/96767041dq2.th.jpg

In the Ultimate Universe, Sabretooth lied to Wolverine, claiming to be his son. While this was a fraud in the UU, could it have been a hint at things to come in 616? After all, 616 Wolverine had a flashback to his first fight with the Hulk only to have a vision of the Ultimate Hulk VS Wolvie fight. Are the Universe's somehow linked???

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/3961/14843665vs7.th.jpg

And, finally, a tantalising hint from Wolverine #50. Wolverine will become Sabretooth? Is Sabretooth him from the future? Or even a parallel world, as hinted perhaps with the Ultimate flashback, sent to stop Wolverine from making some terrible mistake? OK, Sabretooth is not a hero from the future, but... well, what could the truth be!?

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/9990/69369544qb5.th.png

The possibilities are endless, but any opinions are welcome, not to mention more scans for other theories! And any ideas on that page showing Ultimate Hulk/ Wolverine (it won't let me post it for some reason messed)?

SG

TricksterPriest
Oh lord this is a tangled web........ I'd say there's a connection between them obviously, the numerous retcons have made it almost impossible to figure out.

Superguy
And knowing comics, it'll be something we don't even suspect, and will be even worse. wink

inamilist
I really like the idea of them just being very similar mutants with a tangled past...

I don't know, it is certainly one of the better rivalries in comics, however, making them family or related somehow just seems too predictable and done to death.

grey fox
I looked upon the 'You'll become me' thing as more of a metaphor for Wolverine becoming an savage insane killer like creed, not physically becoming him.

The Dog logan thing had been brought up a while back and the writer said that wasn't his intention, he just wanted to show parallels between the current and the past. But if any writer wanted to run with the idea he wouldn't stop them.

I have a bet on them being brothers , at least until someone rectons it AGAIN.

Superguy
Originally posted by inamilist
I really like the idea of them just being very similar mutants with a tangled past...

I don't know, it is certainly one of the better rivalries in comics, however, making them family or related somehow just seems too predictable and done to death. You'd rather he was Wolverine from the future, sent to stop him ****ing Jean Gray so that he won't get HIV!? Damn... that would be the greatest resolution ever. stick out tongue

Superguy
Originally posted by grey fox
I looked upon the 'You'll become me' thing as more of a metaphor for Wolverine becoming an savage insane killer like creed, not physically becoming him.

The Dog logan thing had been brought up a while back and the writer said that wasn't his intention, he just wanted to show parallels between the current and the past. But if any writer wanted to run with the idea he wouldn't stop them.

I have a bet on them being brothers , at least until someone rectons it AGAIN. Sorry for the double post, but... damn, I shouldn't take things to literally. Good call there with the metaphor... and I think the brother thing is fine. wink

Black Adam
I trust Loeb to come up with a shitacular and even more "yeah..but wha?" level to their relationship.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Superguy
In the Ultimate Universe, Sabretooth lied to Wolverine, claiming to be his son.

What makes you so sure that it's a lie?

Symmetric Chaos
At this point they'll turn out to be the exact same person.

inamilist
You'd rather he was Wolverine from the future, sent to stop him ****ing Jean Gray so that he won't get HIV!? Damn... that would be the greatest resolution ever. stick out tongue

Why so much interest in the resolution?

isnt it the conflict between Wolverine and Sabertooth that makes their rivalry so interesting?

and no, future wolverine would be dumb

Badabing
Sabretooth: Professor X never told you about your father.

Wolverine: He told me enough. He said you KILLED him!

Sabretooth: No, I'm your father.

Wolverine Nooooo! It can't be! It's not true bub!

stick out tongue

spidey-dude
wolverine and sab where bestfriends years back before they became mutants.

the only people that i know sab has relationship with is that hes rogues and nightcrawlers father. on thing i dont get is that how can cyclops and jean be cables parents if cables time is centuries ahead of there time. i think scott and jean would be dead during his time.

Black Adam
Originally posted by spidey-dude

the only people that i know sab has relationship with is that hes rogues and nightcrawlers father. on thing i dont get is that how can cyclops and jean be cables parents if cables time is centuries ahead of there time. i think scott and jean would be dead during his time.

confused

Darth Macabre

the only people that i know sab has relationship with is that hes rogues and nightcrawlers father. on thing i dont get is that how can cyclops and jean be cables parents if cables time is centuries ahead of there time. i think scott and jean would be dead during his time. What the f**k? It's called Time Traveling.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Black Adam
I trust Loeb to come up with a shitacular and even more "yeah..but wha?" level to their relationship.
They'll end up being brother and sister.

Originally posted by Badabing
Sabretooth: Professor X never told you about your father.

Wolverine: He told me enough. He said you KILLED him!

Sabretooth: No, I'm your father.

Wolverine Nooooo! It can't be! It's not true bub!

stick out tongue
Search your feelings! You know it to be true!

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
What the f**k? It's called Time Traveling. ok so cyclops and jean have to go time traveling to go see there son ? laughing

Badabing
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Search your feelings! You know it to be true! eek! laughing Happy Dance

Hercules
ok so cyclops and jean have to go time traveling to go see there son ? laughing

Um no, Cable got sent forward in time to save him from the Techno virus and Sabretooth is not Nightcrawlers father, Sabretooth and Mystique gave birth to Graydon Creed, who was Human.

Nightcrawler is the son of Mystique and Azazel, Rogue was adopted by Mystique and has nothing to do with Sabretooth, her parents were named Owen and Priscilla.

Big Sexy
What do the Lupine have to do with Wolverine and Sabes?

long pig
They've waited too long to tell the whole story of Wolverine's past and his relationship to Sabretooth. That should have been done in 95, now, nobody cares anymore.

Darth Macabre
ok so cyclops and jean have to go time traveling to go see there son ? laughing What the f**k?

Disappear
ok so cyclops and jean have to go time traveling to go see there son ? laughing

as hercules said, cable was born in the current timeline of the marvel universe, roughly 5-10 years ago. he was infected with the techno-organic virus and transported by mother askani to the far future where he could grow and be protected from apocalypse. his baby body was cloned without the techno-organic virus in case cable died and his mind needed to be transferred. but he didn't die and apocalypse wound up stealing the cloned body and thus stryfe came into existence.

scott and jean were actually psionically pulled through the timestream as well, raising cable as slim and red dayspring. maybe it was spelled 'slym' and 'redd.' it's hard to keep track of which spellings apply where. jean revealed this to cable either after or just before scott apparently died due to his bonding with apocalypse, though cable said he already knew.

so to answer your question, they already did.

Judge 64
They was obviously a gaycouple that broke up, and now, Sabretooth wants revenge, while the confused Wolverine cant remember whysmile

Superguy
Am I the only one wondering about the Judge's obsession with homosexuality? confused

Jyppe
Am I the only one wondering about the Judge's obsession with homosexuality? confused

I don't think there's anything to wonder about, it's quite clear that he digs dicks rolling on floor laughing

roughrider
Originally posted by long pig
They've waited too long to tell the whole story of Wolverine's past and his relationship to Sabretooth. That should have been done in 95, now, nobody cares anymore.

Whatever they finally reveal will be a letdown, to fans and their expectations. We've had too many years of speculating over every possible angle.

darthgoober
I've always thought that it would be interesting if they flipped their original intentions, and it turned out that Wolverine was Sabretooth's father.

inamilist
Originally posted by long pig

agreed

anything they come up with is going to be so anti-climatic at this point there is almost no reason to do it.

Originally posted by roughrider
Whatever they finally reveal will be a letdown, to fans and their expectations. We've had too many years of speculating over every possible angle.

Agree here 100% too

If they had done it earlier, it could have been good for the characters, but now, its just going to be caught up in continuous retcons just because of all the speculations and whatever.

Martian_mind
Dude,Sabretooth is an earthworm in a high-tech fighting device,the hints are all there,you'd have to be retarded not to see it.

SpunkySmurph
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/SpunkySmurph/earthwormjim.jpg

Martian_mind
Earthworm Jim FTW!!!

capt it up
sabertooth is not wolverine brother. I think it possiable that they are a ancient race of mutants or meta humans who have been recarnated over the years.

Martian_mind
Oh so Hawkman rip-offs?

Nah,Sabretooth is an earthworm and Wolverine is a Tape worm who escaped from Captain America's bowel years ago.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Oh so Hawkman rip-offs?

Nah,Sabretooth is an earthworm and Wolverine is a Tape worm who escaped from Captain America's bowel years ago.
not really ripp of. It alreayd been stated wolverine has been recarnated 5 times if I am not mistaken

Martian_mind
Originally posted by capt it up
not really ripp of. It alreayd been stated wolverine has been recarnated 5 times if I am not mistaken

WTF would he be reincarnated for if he's immortal?

....Plus Hawkmans been around mujch longer then Wolverine,so even if he has been reincarnated it's still a rip-off
stick out tongue.

....but as Wolverine's a Tapeworm from Caps bowel it doesn't matter.

superbatman86
I don't think they should be related at all.Right now their the perfect rivals because they are so similair but so different.And that's why they hate each other.They can see everything that they don't like in themselves in each other.The funny thing is that if a few things went different they would have ended up with Logan being the pycho and Sabes being the honor bound warrior.

capt it up
Originally posted by Martian_mind
WTF would he be reincarnated for if he's immortal?

....Plus Hawkmans been around mujch longer then Wolverine,so even if he has been reincarnated it's still a rip-off
stick out tongue.

....but as Wolverine's a Tapeworm from Caps bowel it doesn't matter.

wolverine was stated in the ba'al arch to be the hand of god.

zbucsz
U know what i was thinking maybe logan is part of sabretooth like they took some of sabretooth and made logan out of it.............im high

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.