Live variations of songs...fans getting gypped?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EPIIIBITES
Does anyone feel gypped when you go see a band and they do something like an unplugged or acoustic version of one of their hits?

What's more important...the artists doing what they want at a live show to keep it interesting for them, or the audience getting what they expect when they buy the tickets?

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Does anyone feel gypped when you go see a band and they do something like an unplugged or acoustic version of one of their hits?

What's more important...the artists doing what they want at a live show to keep it interesting for them, or the audience getting what they expect when they buy the tickets?

They buy tickets to see the band play live music, they get this. Whatever else they expect is their own wishful thinking, and if they expect certain songs or whatever, that's their own fault if they don't get it.

The band or artist isn't obligated to do anything but show up.

-AC

The Core
It's their music. I'd rather have a unique experience, with a surprise rendition, than what I'd expect.

tabby999
I dont mind it at all, like the other two said, their songs, they can play them however they like. I would be dissapointed if i showed up and they decided to do the whole set with kazoos, but making it abit more "live" isn't a problem.
I still think that a ticket to a show is an IOU from the band for a decent show though.

jaden101
i prefer when bands alternate and change their songs...because if they simply stuck as rigidly to their album sound as they could...then you'd be as well staying at home and listening to the album

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.