Leon 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Heard something on the radio yesterday about there may be a sequal to Leon on the cards. Of course it will be called Matilda but the exciting news is that Bruce Willis or Hugh Jackman may play the villian. I liked Leon and am looking forward to see if a sequal could deliver the goods. cool

Thomas H
leon was a cool movie!

yerssot
with NP in the lead again?

Thomas H
who?

King Jedi
Natalie Portman. I don't want it to happen. Leon is one of my favourite films ever and they could never match it. Luc Besson hasn't made a decent film since then and having Bruce Willis in it is a bad idea.

Fire
yea leon is cool tho

jayride
Did they call it "Leon" in Europe? If I'm thinking of the same movie, are you talking about "The Professional"?

finti
it was called Leon in Norway

King Jedi
It was changed to "The Professional" in America.

Fire
it was also called leon in belgium and france

yerssot
it was Leon in every country, accept the US, fire

read KJ's post

Fire
he ain't saying what u are saying
he said it was changed to blablabla in america
he never said that was the only country where they changed ot stick out tongue

Thomas H
leon in sierra leone to? haha laughing

brownie
I wish Gary O., was still in the movie.

Fire
lol okie why not

ToMacco
Leon? Why the hell did they call it Leon.

finti
cause Lionell sounded to wuss

Thomas H
zzz

King Jedi
Because it was the main characters name and that was the name of the film.

It was changed to "The Professional" for American audiences because the studio were scared that Americans would think it was a French foreign language film and wouldn't go see it.

Leon IS the name of the film.

If a sequel is made then we'll get "Mathilda", while America will probably get "The Professional 2".

Thomas H
It was changed to "The Professional" for American audiences because the studio were scared that Americans would think it was a French foreign language film and wouldn't go see it.

laughing roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

King Jedi
That's the truth.

It sounds rediculous but the studio thought "mmm....French director, French star, French title. It's too French". And gave it a different name.

Fire
LOL that's bad tho

Corran
Thats just plain stupid.

Fire
idd

ParanoidAndroid
Well, movie titles are often 'dumbed down' for americans, they just never know about it

kychesu
hahahaha .. dumbed down eh? .. like what?

Fire
huh?? well whatever android

mah
what are you confused about fire? androids post was a clear and simple one.

Fire
just think it ain't polite that's all

mah
? its basically what a lot of people has said right here in this thread

BackFire349
i never saw leon.

mechmoggy
You must rent it Backfire, it kewl.

The dumbing down thing works both ways people, Encino Man was changed to California Man just in case us stupid Euro's didn't understand the film title.

Fire
yea whatever the title doesn't really make me wanna go see a movie, the trailer usualy does the trick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.