Amy Winehouse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Core
Her new album is plastered all over this week's ads, so I gave her a listen. She reminds me of a really dark Diana Ross/Supremes, with a little Dangermouse production flavor.

Unfortunately for her, I think her sound is a little too dated to sell albums to anyone outside of the Norah Jones/Lily Allen demographic.

Alpha Centauri
"Blues" for people who don't have a clue what "Blues" is.

Another British export that Americans will swallow. It never seems to end.

-AC

The Core
Amazon brought up both Joss Stone and Lily Allen in a "similar artists" search. laughing out loud

jaden101
she was on the bbc sessions the other night...every song was exactly the same and you couldn't understand a single word she said or sang because she could barely stand up

her nasel whining is perhaps the most irritating noise i've ever had the misfortune of hearing in my life

MildPossession
I caught the end of that sessions programme, it was just awful. Looked and sounded like she was drunk, or weak from being too thin...

Not a fan of her music at all.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"Blues" for people who don't have a clue what "Blues" is.

Another British export that Americans will swallow. It never seems to end.

-AC

Hmm. I wouldn't consider her "Blues", and I'm not too sure what genre I'd put her in....

But I like her. I think she has a nice voice. I've only heard a couple songs so far, and I think I'd like to buy her CD.

Victor Von Doom
She's probably jazz if anything.

Not a bad singer (when she is singing properly); certainly better than most identikit shit ones who get less flak just because they are generic.

Punkyhermy
ew.she is all things gross.

Bardock42
H-how did it happen that Lily Allen and Norah Jones were mentioned together there?

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Amy Winehouse really isn't a talent. Maybe after she gets some help with her drug problem then she can become a better singer.

Alpha Centauri
Drug problems and lack of talent don't necessarily go together.

-AC

Bardock42
Drug problems and lack of talent don't necessarily go together.

-AC Of course it does. Gerard Way said so.

ragesRemorse
Every song sounds the same....,uninspired and adolescant. She does seem to have a good jazz voice though. To bad she doesnt know what she is doing.

tabby999
Originally posted by Bardock42
Of course it does. Gerard Way said so.

Take THAT! wink

vanice
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
She's probably jazz if anything.

Excuse me, What?

SelphieT
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Every song sounds the same....,uninspired and adolescant. She does seem to have a good jazz voice though. To bad she doesnt know what she is doing.

Well, apparently every song is completely truthful, and "brutally honest", for she's written about what she's experienced and been through.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by vanice
Excuse me, What?

If you're one of those jazz fans who thinks anything that isn't Miles Davis is therefore not jazz, might as well stop.

-AC

vanice
Hell no, it's just that I don't find enough jazz elements in her music to call it Jazz. And I listen to all kinds of jazz.. I also study jazz guitar in school so I think I can say that I know a lot about it.

Alpha Centauri
Nobody said her music was jazz.

-AC

vanice
Huh? Victor said "She's probably jazz if anything" How can you interpret that except that he thinks her music is jazz?

Victor Von Doom
Excuse me, What? Originally posted by vanice
I also study jazz guitar in school so I think I can say that I know a lot about it.

That'll be the problem, then. Look at the wider picture. She's jazzy in the same way Sade is jazz. It doesn't mean she's going to bust out a John McLaughlin solo.

Note that I said 'probably', and 'if anything', in reply to someone else. I didn't come in throwing genres around.

2D_MASTER
What's with the big fuss surrounding this girl? I really don't get it...

ragesRemorse
She told her booing fans that they better hope they are not around when her B/F gets out of incarceration and she reassured them that she was serious. laughing out loud

Im not sure ive heard funnier shit this year. That is just sad and pathetic. More so than when Axle Rose would just refuse to perform or led zeppelin cut american shows short by an hour.

This takes any britney moment lol

SelphieT
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
She told her booing fans that they better hope they are not around when her B/F gets out of incarceration and she reassured them that she was serious. laughing out loud

Im not sure ive heard funnier shit this year. That is just sad and pathetic. More so than when Axle Rose would just refuse to perform or led zeppelin cut american shows short by an hour.

This takes any britney moment lol

In a recent Rolling Stone issue, they had a picture of her face cut up a bit, while she was walking out of a store with a pack of cigs. The caption for the picture implied she had just gotten in a fight with her husband/fiance, and that she had "won".

....The girl has issues, but I think she has a lovely voice nonetheless.

vanice
That'll be the problem, then. Look at the wider picture. She's jazzy in the same way Sade is jazz. It doesn't mean she's going to bust out a John McLaughlin solo.

Note that I said 'probably', and 'if anything', in reply to someone else. I didn't come in throwing genres around.

Personally I don't even consider Jamie Cullum as Jazz, but what ever let's not get stuck in genre discussions. They're boring. If you find her jazz, then go right ahead.

FistOfThe North

?

Sade is way way sassier, classier, and jazzier than Amy winehouse is.

Amy Winehouse is a low class wreck with a psuedo-catchy voice. I think people are more attracted to her ultra-liberal attitude and way more than her voice and song.

KKMGirl
Amazing talent that's exploited. Imagine having to sing the same 2 or 3 songs every day for over a year. I'd go crazy to.

Alpha Centauri
Do people purposefully try to misunderstand posts here?

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Personally I don't even consider Jamie Cullum as Jazz, but what ever let's not get stuck in genre discussions. They're boring. If you find her jazz, then go right ahead.

Neither do I, but if I were forced to put him in one genre, it'd be that.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
?

Sade is way way sassier, classier, and jazzier than Amy winehouse is.

Amy Winehouse is a low class wreck with a psuedo-catchy voice. I think people are more attracted to her ultra-liberal attitude and way more than her voice and song.

...so?

FistOfThe North
Neither do I, but if I were forced to put him in one genre, it'd be that.

...so?

So...don't aggrandize Amy Winehouse in that way unless you're trying to purposefully insult Sade.

Victor Von Doom
So...don't aggrandize Amy Winehouse in that way unless you're trying to purposefully insult Sade.

What? A genre comparison isn't praise.

Learn to read.

BackFire
Do people purposefully try to misunderstand posts here?

-AC

I am not!

As for Amy Winehouse, I guess I'd **** her.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SelphieT
she had just gotten in a fight with her husband/fiance, and that she had "won".

....The girl has issues, but I think she has a lovely voice nonetheless.

laughing out loud thats special...,thanks for that

I agree with you, she does have a nice voice. She would benefit from a song writer and better band though.

FistOfThe North
What? A genre comparison isn't praise.

Learn to read.

This is whst you said, Einstein.

"She's jazzy in the same way Sade is jazz."

And I said no shes not, wtf are you talking about. You're not comparing genres, your insulting talented people. While prasing garbage ones.

Fix your thinking.

Alpha Centauri

And I said no shes not, wtf are you talking about. You're not comparing genres, your insulting talented people. While prasing garbage ones.

Fix your thinking.

Fix your perception.

She's jazzY in the same way that Sade is jazz, in that you do not need to be some jazz guitarist to have jazz elements. Sade can easily be identified as jazz because of every other element, whereas Amy Winehouse is just jazzY.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

Fix your thinking.

How is that comparing their talent, you fool.

It's a genre comparison. It ****ing says it in the quote. Quality isn't mentioned. Do you think people can only be similar in genre if they're of the same talent? Then again, you do like to generalise.

Sade is mediocre anyway. Why are you going on like she's some musical marvel?

Go back to your persecution threads. Sensible discussion is obviously too subtle for you.

FistOfThe North
How is that comparing their talent, you fool.

It's a genre comparison. It ****ing says it in the quote. Quality isn't mentioned. Do you think people can only be similar in genre if they're of the same talent? Then again, you do like to generalise.

Sade is mediocre anyway. Why are you going on like she's some musical marvel?

Go back to your persecution threads. Sensible discussion is obviously too subtle for you.

You're an idiot. In the end Amy Winehouse sucks ckoc musically. She in no way is jazz or jazzy. She a psuedo-element.

And only a mindless, tasteless person would bring her name and Sade's name up in the same sentence.

Victor Von Doom
You're an idiot. In the end Amy Winehouse sucks ckoc musically. She in no way is jazz or jazzy. She a psuedo-element.

And only a mindless, tasteless person would bring her name and Sade's name up in the same sentence.

Sade is the ultimate pseudo-jazz. That's the whole point. Moreover, Amy Winehouse is from a jazz family, and played on the Jazzworld stage at Glastonbury. However, she can't be compared to Sade in influence because you decide? Yes, you are a fool.

Misunderstanding (either ignorantly or stupidly) an objective comparison, pretending it's subjective, and then arguing as if you have the facts on your side, when there's no actual reason to say Sade and Amy Winehouse shouldn't be mentioned together talent-wise bar the fact that you like one of them.

Possibly the most abjectly pathetic bit of debating in this forum since Epibites left.

You're embarrassing yourself. True to form.

FistOfThe North
Sade is the ultimate pseudo-jazz. That's the whole point. Moreover, Amy Winehouse is from a jazz family, and played on the Jazzworld stage at Glastonbury. However, she can't be compared to Sade in influence because you decide? Yes, you are a fool.

Misunderstanding (either ignorantly or stupidly) an objective comparison, pretending it's subjective, and then arguing as if you have the facts on your side, when there's no actual reason to say Sade and Amy Winehouse shouldn't be mentioned together talent-wise bar the fact that you like one of them.

Possibly the most abjectly pathetic bit of debating in this forum since Epibites left.

You're embarrassing yourself. True to form.

I'd only be embarrising myself only if cared what other people (in here) think about me.

Like I said, in the end, whether comparing genres or not or mentioning anyone in the same sentence or not, bottom-line is Amy WineHouse is a dolt. Period. Sade should've never've come up.

She the complete opposite of that crackhead, you dunce.

Try to get it.

Alpha Centauri
I'd only be embarrising myself only if cared what other people (in here) think about me.

Like I said, in the end, whether comparing genres or not or mentioning anyone in the same sentence or not, bottom-line is Amy WineHouse is a dolt. Period. Sade should've never've come up.

Try to get it.

All you're saying is that Sade shouldn't be mentioned next to Amy Winehouse because you hate Amy Winehouse.

That's all you're saying. Suggesting that Amy Winehouse and Sade share absolutely no musical similarities based on personality, which has nothing to do with music, is idiotic.

I don't like Linkin Park, but because they are a rock band they will ultimately have similarities to rock bands I like.

-AC

FistOfThe North
All you're saying is that Sade shouldn't be mentioned next to Amy Winehouse because you hate Amy Winehouse.

That's all you're saying. Suggesting that Amy Winehouse and Sade share absolutely no musical similarities based on personality, which has nothing to do with music, is idiotic.

I don't like Linkin Park, but because they are a rock band they will ultimately have similarities to rock bands I like.

-AC

As idiotic as you are always are perhaps. I'm gonna cut it short with you cause i don't want to get into an essay long argument so here it is.

I don't like her cause she sucks at singing. Period. And she should'nt be singing but it's not cause i don't personlly like her. I don't even know the b*tch. Musically, i do know she's not a good singer.

chillmeistergen
Nah, she does have quite a good voice. Just not very good music.

Alpha Centauri
As idiotic as you are always are perhaps. I'm gonna cut it short with you cause i don't want to get into an essay long argument so here it is.

I don't like her cause she sucks at singing. Period. And she should'nt be singing but it's not cause i don't personlly like her. I don't even know the b*tch. Musically, i do know she's not a good singer.

Musically, you don't know anything if you cannot objectively admit that she shares musical similarities with Sade, purely because you dislike her.

I think lots of bands are shit, but it doesn't mean that the music they make is without technical similarity to what I do like, on some level.

You clearly have it in for Amy Winehouse, some personal vendetta or something. I don't like her music or her voice, but the fact that she has similarities to jazz is undeniable. We're not sitting here saying she's Dave Brubeck.

As for her "sucking", that's your opinion. You like modern day-Eminem and Lloyd Banks.

-AC

FistOfThe North
i like modern day eminem..lol!

man...I'll just leave it at that.

Alpha Centauri
If you have nothing to say in the discussion, say nothing.

Don't reply just to make it seem like you do, that's just, as some would say, a "b*tch move".

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Period. Sade should've never've come up.

Try to get it.

My point was valid; yours has been shattered. Don't just reply to make it appear you are still credible. It has the opposite effect.
Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Nah, she does have quite a good voice. Just not very good music.

She's a good singer, and certainly at least individual. Her music's not bad. She gets a bad rap for things non-musical, as seen in this thread.

FistOfThe North
If you have nothing to say in the discussion, say nothing.

Don't reply just to make it seem like you do, that's just, as some would say, a "b*tch move".

-AC

Why, cause i don't wanna argue with your b*tch ass? If i get into a discussion with you all that'll happen is we'll go off topic cause you'll end up disagreeing with me which means you'll curse me for it then we'll curse the sh*t outta each other (with you using adhominem and psuedo-wit) till one of us stops in like a week or gets banned. You'll try "try" to castrate me in front of your 'lil e-friends to make you feel better. (won't happen) And in the end it'd been all in vain. I want to avoid an inevitable long drawn out battle with you. See how it's gotten of topic already?

So let it be done here.

FistOfThe North
My point was valid; yours has been shattered. Don't just reply to make it appear you are still credible. It has the opposite effect.

She's a good singer, and certainly at least individual. Her music's not bad. She gets a bad rap for things non-musical, as seen in this thread.

Valid, shattered. lol. Is it victory you seek? A discussion trophy of sorts.

Lol, take it. You've won the irrelevant trophy. What does any of this have to do with the thread. Stay focused.

Amy Winehouse sucks ccok musically, and i'm the bad guy. lol wow.

And I don't give a sh*t about her non-musical life getting a bad rep in here. I'm talking about her music. And imo it sucks, what's wrong..? I'm entitled to say that. You and whomever else can talk all the shit you want to seem cool and smart until your fingers fall off from typing, it still won't change a thing about her.

Bardock42

Lol, take it. You've won the irrelevant trophy. What does any of this have to do with the thread. Stay focused.

And I don't give a sh*t about her non-musical life getting a bad rep in here. I'm talking about her music. And imo it sucks, what's wrong..? I'm entitled to say that. You and whomever else can talk all the shit you want to seem cool and smart until your fingers fall off from typing, it still won't change a thing about her. You are not the bad guy. Just the guy that talked nonsense.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Bardock42
You are not the bad guy. Just the guy that talked nonsense.

oh no...lol.

What do you want bardock.

Bardock42
oh no...lol.

What do you want bardock. Nothing, nothing...

Funny thing though, I was in a record store yesterday, to get good music, obviously, and saw "Sade" in the Rock/Pop part of the shop...then some douche came in asking for an Amy Winehouse album and an even douchier douche told him that they have her in the Jazz section. So I thought of this debate...laughed a little, then shed a tear for multiple reasons and went ahead buying some Neil Young to counter out the douche's purchase of Winehouse music.

Alpha Centauri
Why, cause i don't wanna argue with your b*tch ass? If i get into a discussion with you all that'll happen is we'll go off topic cause you'll end up disagreeing with me which means you'll curse me for it then we'll curse the sh*t outta each other (with you using adhominem and psuedo-wit) till one of us stops in like a week or gets banned.

All of this sad tantrum because you cannot differentiate between what makes up musical qualities.

It all came from you denying musical similarities between Sade and Amy Winehouse, rather abusively, just because you dislike one of them. You know nothing of music, so you're here throwing a tantrum trying to stay in the thread. You're the one who is carrying it on.

You had the opportunity to get back on topic and add something to the discussion, but you chose to be a woman and reply with a whining post.

I'm talking about her music. And imo it sucks, what's wrong..? I'm entitled to say that. You and whomever else can talk all the shit you want to seem cool and smart until your fingers fall off from typing, it still won't change a thing about her.

Huh? Who is talking about the QUALITY of her music? The only point VVD and others made was that she has musical similarities to Sade, WHETHER you think she sucks musically or not. What you THINK, what anybody THINKS of her music is irrelevant, what's relevant is you making a fool of yourself.

Nobody is saying you are dumb, or wrong, for disliking her music, I dislike her music. The point is, is Sade is jazz, then Amy Winehouse most certainly is jazz. Neither are fully jazz, both have jazz elements. That is fact, irrespective of whether you ENJOY her music or not.

Do you not grasp that fact? You thinking she sucks musically does not change a thing about her, because her musical style is what it is, technically. She has jazz elements, fact, and disliking her doesn't change that.

-AC

Victor Von Doom

And I don't give a sh*t about her non-musical life getting a bad rep in here. I'm talking about her music. And imo it sucks, what's wrong..? I'm entitled to say that. You and whomever else can talk all the shit you want to seem cool and smart until your fingers fall off from typing, it still won't change a thing about her.

You know what would be a good reply to this post?

'What does any of this have to do with the thread. Stay focused. '

Shinde Imasu
LOL ... I've never liked Amy Winehouse, but maybe that's just me judging her because of her life outside of music ... That's probably really wrong of me, but yeah ... And anyway, there's something about her lyrics I don't like either ... Probably for the same reason as before ...

JediSamuraiMRB
She is up for some Grammys, but I'm sure whether or not she'll win.

Tempe Brennan
I think Amy Winehouse is brilliant. Her album 'Back To Black' is one of the best albums of last year.

For someone whose life is such a wreck at the moment, and despite the drinking and drug use, the girl has a fantastic talent, and it's a shame that she's throwing it away. sad

SelphieT
Originally posted by Tempe Brennan
I think Amy Winehouse is brilliant. Her album 'Back To Black' is one of the best albums of last year.

For someone whose life is such a wreck at the moment, and despite the drinking and drug use, the girl has a fantastic talent, and it's a shame that she's throwing it away. sad

I'll have to buy that.

I agree with ya. thumb up

Alpha Centauri
She's not throwing away her talent, just her ability to be appreciated by people who need to like the lifestyle as well as the music.

-AC

Tempe Brennan
She's not throwing away her talent, just her ability to be appreciated by people who need to like the lifestyle as well as the music.

-AC

People need to like her lifestyle? confused

Well, her lifestyle is what is leading to her downfall, right? So it is ruining her voice, in turn she is throwing away her talent - the girl can't even go one performance without snorting cocaine she keeps stuffed in her bra! She's openly ruining what voice she has.

Sad to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if she dies this year. Honestly, the way she is going, I'd expect it. sad

tabby999
a mildly talented individual who seems more interested in the drug scene attached to music than continuing to make music.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by tabby999
a mildly talented individual who seems more interested in the drug scene attached to music than continuing to make music.

First of all, I wouldn't say 'mildly talented' - you are obviously tone deaf. Second, she has a problem, and it's not going to be easy for her to get over it - she needs to ditch that loser husband of hers and go to rehab.

Alpha Centauri
First of all, I wouldn't say 'mildly talented' - you are obviously tone deaf. Second, she has a problem, and it's not going to be easy for her to get over it - she needs to ditch that loser husband of hers and go to rehab.

No, no, no.

-AC

BackFire
Yes.

Tempe Brennan
No, no, no.

-AC

laughing out loud Not funny. laughing out loud

JediSamuraiMRB
A few pictures of Amy...

http://perezhilton.com/category/amy-winehoue/

Tempe Brennan
Thank you!

tabby999

I stand by my statement. She has a ok voice but shes not changing the music world with it and she apparently has no intention of "cleaning up her act."

No, no, no.

-AC

Exactly.

Tempe Brennan
I stand by my statement. She has a ok voice but shes not changing the music world with it and she apparently has no intention of "cleaning up her act."

She's ill, and needs help, that's why.

SelphieT
No, no, no.

-AC

Originally posted by BackFire
Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Tempe Brennan
Don't make me laugh...lol

Alpha Centauri
She's ill, and needs help, that's why.

To you, she may not agree.

-AC

Tempe Brennan
To you, she may not agree.

-AC

I think she knows she needs help just so far she is refusing it because she's not ready. Or maybe she knows she drinks and drugs but doesn't think she has a problem. Who knows...

chillmeistergen
I think she knows she needs help just so far she is refusing it because she's not ready. Or maybe she knows she drinks and drugs but doesn't think she has a problem. Who knows...

Or maybe she doesn't have a problem and just enjoys drug use. We can't decide for her that it's a problem and it seems to me that it by no means is, she's still touring, she has the money to fund it and is apparently happy.

Tempe Brennan
Or maybe she doesn't have a problem and just enjoys drug use. We can't decide for her that it's a problem and it seems to me that it by no means is, she's still touring, she has the money to fund it and is apparently happy.

Well, she can afford it, but I think she shouldn't be touring because she can barely sing as it is, with her fans unhappy with her performances. I also think she could be drugging more because she misses Blake...

chillmeistergen
Well, she can afford it, but I think she shouldn't be touring because she can barely sing as it is, with her fans unhappy with her performances. I also think she could be drugging more because she misses Blake...

Right, I don't know who Blake is, probably because I don't read Hello magazine. Her singing being affected doesn't make it a problem either, it's a problem for her record company, not necessarily for her. Her record company won't drop her, she's too much of a commodity and her fans still attend concerts in droves, no matter how disappointed they say they are afterwards, so I can't see where the problem is. She's having her cake and eating it, far from a problem if you ask me.

Bardock42
And she makes Lily Allen cry...so that's a good thing.

jaden101
i like we can put Duffy into the same kind of pot as amy winehouse and the like...but in my opinion she does it alot better

for those of you who dont know Duffy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IQNFzgdFfzA&feature=user

WrathfulDwarf
Is this the chic that sings that tune...going to rehab no no no...something..something....?

If so, she bores the hell outta me.

Mr. AJ 3rd
i hate her

JediSamuraiMRB
A pic of Amy from a day or two ago..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/Amy.jpg

Df02
it's always a shame when someone with some modicum of talent destroys themselves.

oh well, there'll be other girls with voices and no intelligence to come along.

Tempe Brennan
I saw photos of her in a magazine this week and I couldn't believe the look of her, she's turning into a bag lady!

tabby999
Originally posted by Df02
it's always a shame when someone with some modicum of talent destroys themselves.

oh well, there'll be other girls with voices and no intelligence to come along.

Exactly. Its happened before and it'll happen again.

SelphieT
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
A pic of Amy from a day or two ago..

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/DARKCAEDUS/Amy.jpg

The sad bird that continues to sing.............

I'm a fan, no matter of her looks. If I judged people's voices by the way they looked, oi.............. I'd probably hate a lot of great bands.

Tempe Brennan
I'm a fan too, no matter what she does, no matter what happens to her.

I hear she's in rehab, so lets hope she finally gets the help she needs.

Victor Von Doom
On another note, how exactly would one go about making 2,200 posts in two weeks?

tabby999
By posting 2,200 times within seven days?

The more i hear about Winehouse the more its becoming clear that a fatal overdose would do her the world of good. And the music scene the world of good. And the UK the world of good. Hell, the only person who it would appear would cry is her parents and Tempe Brennan.

And maybe her dealer.

Victor Von Doom
By posting 2,200 times within seven days?

You say that.

Bardiel13
Yeah, I read an article about her in TIME. I thought she was some 40-year-old trying to be young and hip while getting messed up. I later found out that she is 24 years old. Don't do drugs, kids.
Anywho, I've only heard the her sing about something about rehab and no no no, afterward I shut it off. From what I've heard in those two seconds, it sounded like she was trying to be Christina Agulerjafjoaflq1h2, doing that black lady choir voice thing.
In short, I don't care for her.

Tempe Brennan
I have no idea what's up with Amy - one minute I read she's on rehab, then I read she's not in rehab at all, then she is - is she or isn't she?

shiv
clever strategy by her record label marketing team to keep her on map and make plenty of paper.

they kinda overdid it with the Whirly strawhair wig? Ever notice how she's always looking straight at the camera. The photographer is always always in position. And Security's always got her back.

The wardrobe and make up team are buying an awfull lot of crappy outfits for her.

The money takes the edge off the shame I guess.

Tempe Brennan
I've just seen the pics of her using crack. Scary to see that, I have a feeling she'll dead within 6 months if she doesn't get help

shiv
pray for her Tamper. smile
Showing your support by wearing a Whirly straw wig and marching to Queensland works too. thumb up

tabby999
I've just seen the pics of her using crack. Scary to see that, I have a feeling she'll dead within 6 months if she doesn't get help

Why does it surprise you? How is this a change from what she's been doing for...since anyone gave a shit who she was.

And her dying would make the company even more money, people'll buy a million albums and she'll be the "next" Jeff Buckley. The only positive of that label would be that she'd be dead.

Tempe Brennan
It wouldn't surprise me in the least, but it would be a shame

Pezmerga
Why? She's an adult (well by some definitions anyway) , if she doesn't have the sense to stop being a moron and get help, then good riddance, Au Revoir! Bon Voyage, and all that.

Just ask Whitney Houston, Crack is wack.

Tempe Brennan
Whitney is off the crack though isn't she?

Alpha Centauri
Why are people now acting like it's cool that she'd be dead simply because they dislike her music and her doing drugs?

At least she has some degree of objective talent.

-AC

Pezmerga
I don't think it'd be cool, I just think if she's that ignorant , then her consequences aren't anything she doesn't deserve. We've lost better to similar problems.

chillmeistergen
How do you know she's ignorant? As far as I recall, I've never seen a documented overdose.

You people are a tabloid editor's dream.

tabby999
I'm simply sick of everyone talking about her and how "she needs help". Its even filling the Australian news now. I figure if she dies, there'll be a bit more hoopla and then she'll be forgotten, which is what i'm hoping for.

Pezmerga
How do you know she's ignorant? As far as I recall, I've never seen a documented overdose.

You people are a tabloid editor's dream.

Well fine, she is stupid. Anyone who puts their health at risk to smoke crack is a moron.

Alpha Centauri
In your opinion.

Let's not suggest it's objective.

-AC

Tempe Brennan
I'm simply sick of everyone talking about her and how "she needs help". Its even filling the Australian news now. I figure if she dies, there'll be a bit more hoopla and then she'll be forgotten, which is what i'm hoping for.

She's in the news, and people are talking about her because I guess they want her to know she has support. Anyone with a drug/drinking problem, depression etc, needs to know they have support, it makes them more likely to eventually seek help.

tabby999
The media aren't supporting her, there using her to make themselves money. If she needs help its her friends and family who need to help her. Do you honestly think the media have been running all the storys because they want her to know they care?

Tempe Brennan
The media aren't supporting her, there using her to make themselves money. If she needs help its her friends and family who need to help her. Do you honestly think the media have been running all the storys because they want her to know they care?

Of course not. I know this, the media are nothing but a money hungry pack of wolves, which is why I believe the media contributes to a stars downfall in certain ways

chillmeistergen

You're buying into it as much as anyone else, let's not forget that you're one of the people that's saying that she deserves to die. It's a bit of a joke really, you pretend not to care, then get aggravated at the lass for still being alive.

papabeard
I think her music is affected, derivative and boring.

Tempe Brennan
I beg to differ, she has one of the best voices I have ever heard. I never imagined her as a soul singer - even when I bought her album I expected her music to be pop at best. I was so surprised when I discover this wonderful soul music

tabby999
You're buying into it as much as anyone else, let's not forget that you're one of the people that's saying that she deserves to die. It's a bit of a joke really, you pretend not to care, then get aggravated at the lass for still being alive.

I havn't bought the magazines or her albums, like i said before, shes starting to fill what has normally been fairly good news programmes. Sure its because people are so interested in watching her self distruct, but like i said, i hope she dies so my news programmes revert to normal services in a short time. Call it buying in, call it being sick of her, whatever.

Tempe Brennan
I hear she is going through withdrawals in rehab, is shivering and vomiting, but overall, it's said she is doing well. smile

Victor Von Doom
Why did she ever let those reporters into her rehab clinic.

Alpha Centauri
I havn't bought the magazines or her albums, like i said before, shes starting to fill what has normally been fairly good news programmes. Sure its because people are so interested in watching her self distruct, but like i said, i hope she dies so my news programmes revert to normal services in a short time. Call it buying in, call it being sick of her, whatever.

Why not focus on the fact that it's the idiocy of the news programmes actually considering her life to be news that happens to be the problem?

-AC

Tempe Brennan
Why did she ever let those reporters into her rehab clinic.

Did she? I know she was let out of rehab for the day...

Victor Von Doom
I don't know.

Seems everyone knows what she's doing in there.

chillmeistergen
Well, it's up to her record company, really. They'll be paying for the rehab and it's up to them to give media coverage or not, obviously they'll give it as it's more promotion.

Victor Von Doom
Lucky her.

Tempe Brennan
Now I hear she is still in rehab, and wants a Visa to go to the US for the Grammys.

tabby999
Why not focus on the fact that it's the idiocy of the news programmes actually considering her life to be news that happens to be the problem?

-AC

I know what you mean, but for the most part these are pretty reliable news programmes that aren't full of "fluff" pieces, so i figure if shes out of the picture (dead, alive, whatever just go away) my news will resume normal broadcasting.

chillmeistergen
I doubt that very much, I think you're lacking understanding in what the media like to do. Even respectable media outlets will supply tabloid quality news, they always will and it will usually always be concerning the lifestyle of someone, a lifestyle that should be no one else's business.

tabby999
Well SBS news had never taken a interest in the fluff pieces till now, they'd mention a death (Anaa Nicole, Heath Ledger etc) but never dedicate the time they did to Winehouse

chillmeistergen
Weel, you've never had a star with as much interest then. It happens here all the time, there will be columns dedicated to Pete Doherty in the Times and the Guardian, front pages in the Sun and the Mirror, it'll never change.

red g jacks
that vid of her smokin crack was boring

im not familiar with any of her other work

Tempe Brennan
Buy an album then, and get educated.
She don't want to go to rehab because she said no, no, no
Then she went to rehab anyway

papabeard
I beg to differ, she has one of the best voices I have ever heard. I never imagined her as a soul singer - even when I bought her album I expected her music to be pop at best. I was so surprised when I discover this wonderful soul music

Whatever she is singing in that overly affected and unnatural stage school voice is not soul music thats for damn shizzle, she has one of the best voices you have ever heard?, have you heard Ella Fitzgerald, Bessie Smith, Billie Holliday or Nina Simone?, these are the people she is emulating/parodying, these are the people whose legacy is being tarnished by this hack. She sings like she has a mouthful of sick and she probably does. stick out tongue

Victor Von Doom
To be fair, I'm sure we all listen to an analogue in other genres.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by papabeard
Whatever she is singing in that overly affected and unnatural stage school voice is not soul music thats for damn shizzle, she has one of the best voices you have ever heard?, have you heard Ella Fitzgerald, Bessie Smith, Billie Holliday or Nina Simone?, these are the people she is emulating/parodying, these are the people whose legacy is being tarnished by this hack. She sings like she has a mouthful of sick and she probably does. stick out tongue

If you feel those greats are being tarnished by Winehouse, then you truly do not appreciate greatness at all. She doesn't have the ability to ruin anyone else's legacy.

-AC

Tempe Brennan
have you heard Ella Fitzgerald, Bessie Smith, Billie Holliday or Nina Simone?, these are the people she is emulating/parodying, these are the people whose legacy is being tarnished by this hack. She sings like she has a mouthful of sick and she probably does. stick out tongue

I have heard Ella Fitzgerald, and I actually think she's be proud to have someone like Winehouse emulate her.

Have you even listened to her album 'Back To Black'? There are some brilliant songs on that album, I kid you not.

papabeard
If you feel those greats are being tarnished by Winehouse, then you truly do not appreciate greatness at all. She doesn't have the ability to ruin anyone else's legacy.

-AC

Tarnished in the minds of fools, who cannot differentiate between true genius and mediocrity.

Alpha Centauri
Tarnished in the minds of fools, who cannot differentiate between true genius and mediocrity.

Why are you concerned with fools?

-AC

papabeard
I dont know but I am.

chillmeistergen
Well that's your problem then.

papabeard
Maybe one of them

Alpha Centauri
Well no, you can't blame Amy Winehouse for something she isn't doing.

She isn't tarnishing anyone's legacy, you cannot get upset because idiots perceive her as something she may not be.

Furthermore, your whole argument is that she is tarnishing the great legacy of Nina Simone et al in the minds of morons, right? Well, if you have to sit there and point those morons in the direction of these legends, then chances are that they didn't even know them in the first place.

It's just stupid. Let it go.

-AC

jaden101
tsk...awww...you're no fun

papabeard

It's just stupid. Let it go.

-AC

I know its stupid. smile

My main point was that she sounds like she has a mouthful of sick sick

shiv
now that isn't a very nice thing to say.
you know how Her fans walk amoung us
they might get to thinkin
and get a bad idea.

Tempe Brennan
She won five Grammy's, and did a performance via satelite

shiv
WoW she is teh coolzor

Kram3r
She won five Grammy's, and did a performance via satelite

Wow, a Grammy. no expression

Eon Blue
I like Amy. She has a pretty good voice and her music is decent as well. She isn't terrible as some would make her out to be on this forum.

They're just bitter.

High Priest
i want to raper her lil ass .shes sexy

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by Eon Blue
I like Amy. She has a pretty good voice and her music is decent as well. She isn't terrible as some would make her out to be on this forum.

They're just bitter.

Finally, another genuine fan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.