Serious Mr.Karate Vs O.Rugal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperor Ashtar
10 rounds. no breaks who wins?

shin_remy
WOUW these are the threads i like big grinbig grin

i haven't seen these for a time.

hhm Mr. Karate was overpowerd in the Snk vs Capcom Comic and Game

I believe O. Rugal takes Serious Mr.Karate. I like him much more big grin

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by shin_remy
I believe O. Rugal takes Serious Mr.Karate. I like him much more big grin So is that your reason?

shin_remy
yeah

IMO it is hard to tell who is the winner cause they hang close in power lvl's

Emperor Ashtar
Rugal is so overrated in this board it's ridiculous.

Cloud_VII
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Rugal is so overrated in this board it's ridiculous. Yeah, I know.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Cloud_VII
Yeah, I know.
Notice whow know one gives long rants about him or Kyo, Iori, and orochi.

Sado22
Mr. Karate rips out Rugal's left eye...and even his left nutsmile
Mr. Karate takes it by a mile. the guy throws like three haoshikokens in a row, kicks all sort of butt and is the boss character in a game that has Geese, Bison, regular Akuma, Sagat and even Goenitz.
Rugal is pwned. badly.

lots of characters are overrated:
-Orochi
-Gill
-Bison
-Regular Rugal
-Omega Rugal
-Iori
-and who can ever forget: AKuma

and lots of characters are underrated:
-Tekken characters
-Bloody roar characters
-Andy Bogard
-Joe Higashi
-Ryo Sakazaki

long list really.
I like Kyo and Iori but while Iori gets overrated, i feel Kyo is HEAVILY underrated. almost made to look second fiddle to Terry on most occasions despite everything he's done. i don't think he can outright beat Terry but he sure as hell has a 50-50 chance.

~Sado

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Sado22

-Orochi
-Gill
-Bison
-Regular Rugal
-Omega Rugal
-Iori

~Sado

Who overrates gill?

TricksterPriest
Omega Rugal wins, but he does work for his victory. I give respect to Honki ni natta Mr. Karate (serious mr. karate).

Emperor Ashtar
^^^^

Can you elaborate why rugal wins?

TricksterPriest
Superior power, better moves, SNK boss syndrome, no feats for Mr. Karate. Omega Rugal has so many cheap moves to win this with.

P-Geyser
Rugal is so overrated in this board it's ridiculous.

I second THAT!

P-Geyser
Mr. Karate rips out Rugal's left eye...and even his left nutsmile
Mr. Karate takes it by a mile. the guy throws like three haoshikokens in a row, kicks all sort of butt and is the boss character in a game that has Geese, Bison, regular Akuma, Sagat and even Goenitz.
Rugal is pwned. badly.

-Orochi
-Gill
-Bison
-Regular Rugal
-Omega Rugal
-Iori

and lots of characters are underrated:
-Tekken characters
-Bloody roar characters
-Andy Bogard
-Joe Higashi
-Ryo Sakazaki

long list really.
I like Kyo and Iori but while Iori gets overrated, i feel Kyo is HEAVILY underrated. almost made to look second fiddle to Terry on most occasions despite everything he's done. i don't think he can outright beat Terry but he sure as hell has a 50-50 chance.

You also forgot in the overrated dept...Mai Shiranui

In the Underrated....Blue Mary, King, Vanessa

P-Geyser
Damn I did not read the last part. Waitaminit Sado...since when has Kyo Kusanagi played second fiddle to Terry Bogard? It's the other way around.

Most of everything SNK that has both Terry and Kyo, Mr Kusanagi is the top one with Terry playing either the second of third OR fourth fiddle. Not only is Kyo the top person in KOF, he is also the top person in The SvC series, comics, even the new anime. That will usually have people somehow thinking Terry is behind Kyo despite of what he's done.

Remulous
Rugal overrated? If the guy is f**kin strong, he's strong. How can you hate on him? He's overrated because of that? I suggest people start giving props instead of hatin and maybe these "overrated characters" will fade away.

I will have to stick with Rugal on this simply because serious Mr.Karate has no feats that I know of, putting him on Omega Rugal's level. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks Rugal is gonna win, so why is everyone down talking Rugal? If he's so overrated, don't mention. And your problems will be eventually solved.

P-Geyser
Excuse ME?!...since when have YOU become the authority around here Who the hell are you to tell anyone dont mention anything? Are you Dr. Remulous with a remedy....."You problems will be solved"

If you NOTICE not everyone is talking Rugal down. Emp, Cloud, Sado and myself(which is 3 NOT EVERYBODY) that states Rugal is Overrated in these forums.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by P-Geyser
Excuse ME?!...since when have YOU become the authority around here Who the hell are you to tell anyone dont mention anything? Are you Dr. Remulous with a remedy....."You problems will be solved"

If you NOTICE not everyone is talking Rugal down. Emp, Cloud, Sado and myself(which is 3 NOT EVERYBODY) that states Rugal is Overrated in these forums.

I meant to say 4

King Nothing
Originally posted by Remulous
Rugal overrated? If the guy is f**kin strong, he's strong. How can you hate on him? He's overrated because of that? I suggest people start giving props instead of hatin and maybe these "overrated characters" will fade away.

I will have to stick with Rugal on this simply because serious
Mr.Karate has no feats that I know of, putting him on Omega Rugal's level. I'm pretty sure everyone thinks Rugal is gonna win, so why is everyone down talking Rugal? If he's so overrated, don't mention. And your problems will be eventually solved. You do sound like your some kind of authority but I can understand your point of view.

Ruagl will most likely win for the same reasons TP and Rem said. Although Mr.Karate maybe stronger if he was given more character development. SNK basicly made him in an attempt to rival Gouki and that's about it. It would really help Karate if I knew who was stronger, Karate or Gouki?

laughing
It's hysterical, the people who are getting tired of certain characters are the ones who create the threads.

Not talking about a specific person or peoples, everyone in general.

Stalker 360
omg how many post do you wanna do after each other P-Geyser??

id say rugal.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Stalker 360
omg how many post do you wanna do after each other P-Geyser??

I did that TWICE and your beef is?.......

Stalker 360
nothing just there is no need to triple post and double post.

brainchild81
True. He can use edit. O.Rugal wins & how is Iori overrated Sado? & how is Rugal overrated? Akuma?

Sado22
-Iori for being made to look like no one stands a chance against him (except ryu of course).

-Akuma for the reason that he has been curbstomping even people like Goenitz around here who is an obviosu superior fighter.

-Rugal...for a piece of buttcrap (cool nonetheless though) that only has a minute bit of Orochi and still got pwned by it he sure is made to look extremely powerful by people.

Emperor, if my memory serves me correct people were talking about how he can resurrect from ANYTHING and is hence godly. there is omnipotence in him, true, but he aint Orochi or something. if he goes up against Orochi he is pwned. period.

PG, its that stupid 15 minute rule thing. i was actually going to change that. i meant "lower than" Terry. people out here say that Terry will stomp him and as much as i would love that, its not happening. Terry and Kyo are even at best.

~Sado

brainchild81
-Iori for being made to look like no one stands a chance against him (except ryu of course).If the dude's a badass, he's a badass. & people don't make it seem like that. Logic does point to him being the toughest non boss KOFer

-Akuma for the reason that he has been curbstomping even people like Goenitz around here who is an obviosu superior fighter.He fought Goenitz here? Wasn't Kyo holding his own w/Goenitz?
-Rugal...for a piece of buttcrap (cool nonetheless though) that only has a minute bit of Orochi and still got pwned by it he sure is made to look extremely powerful by people.Fool. Only those of the bloodline can control it, he never had a chance. (not calling you a fool. quoting Iori(badly)) He's still quite powerful
PG, its that stupid 15 minute rule thing. i was actually going to change that. i meant "lower than" Terry. people out here say that Terry will stomp him and as much as i would love that, its not happening. Terry and Kyo are even at best.

~Sado Kyo doesn't get half the respect he deserves, he's jobbed some cats it would seem, but it only seems to be a crime when he does it.

Sado22
i know he is and you and i both agree on him being the toughest one too. but I meant to stress the expression "no one stands a chance" which is ridiculous. true, pound for pound, Iori may beat up almost anyone from KoF but saying he's gonna walk over them is what i have a problem with. get my meaning?

no it was the part where i think it was rugal vs Akuma or something. eventually the topic shifted to Goenitz and people were saying akuma would squash him which is WRONG as hell.
Kyo got pwned the first time he fought goenitz to the extent that he was hospitalized. he re-invented himself (which is proof enough that he isn't a lazy butt when it comes to training) and fought Geonitz again. however, it was proving futile. though Kyo was doing better than last time...........it was a mile away from holding his own. iori literaly had to run to help Kyo because Kagura told him that Kyo would die if he didn't.
to sum it up: Iori literally saved Kyo's life when he joined with him to defeat Goenitz. and hence not holding his own...he was far from it.
how is that holding your own?

that he is. Rugal is probably the most badass SNK boss after Geese.
but i'm talking about comments that made rugal appear in goenitz's league which is bull. Rugal>>>>>>>>>>goenitz when it comes to coolness but he isn't winning at any rate. not back then. not ever.

i know and its annoying. they make it sound like all his victories are plot device or he was having help.
mad

in his fight against Rugal, he was being pwned badly while fagimaru and goro were out cold. Kyo fought him on his own and won in KoF94.

they also ignore kyo's stamina and durability which could very well be more than anyone from fighting games. think about it...in a span of a few hours:
-Kyo won the finals of KoF97 (most likely against Terry's team or Iori) which obviously was a hell of a fight since Iori and terry are two of the toughest fighters in SNK universe.
-fought Orochi Iori, and safe bet is that he was Orochi Iori's main target...i mean come on. DAH!
-fought the Orochi Team where he was taking on godtier Orochi Chris who were even more powerful than Geonitz.
-fought Orochi and lost
-regained consciousness and fought Orochi again with Iori's help.
-Orochi got up and then Kyo powered up and blasted him to lalaland.

that's one HELL of a durability aint it? i mean really. people say Jin pwning Hachi and Kaz back to back is admirable. this is uncanny durability. when was the last time even Ryu or Terry showed this much durability.
seriously taking on highter, a hightier in berserk mode, 3 godtiers, and then god....and winning. Kyo rocks.
stop the hate bidges!

~Sado

shin_remy
were going offtopic again

olympian
Originally posted by brainchild81
If the dude's a badass, he's a badass. & people don't make it seem like that. Logic does point to him being the toughest non boss KOFer

Now apply that logic to others such as...Terry.

"If hes badass, then hes badass".

And serious Mr Karate, sligthy. Rugal is overrated a tad. And Remolous, before you start again, just because someone says a character is overrated, it doesnt mean its hated.

Emperor Ashtar
Rugal overrated? If the guy is f**kin strong, he's strong. How can you hate on him? He's overrated because of that? I suggest people start giving props instead of hatin and maybe these "overrated characters" will fade away..

Props my ass, Rugal is veryoverrated in this board. there are people claimning he's snk's strongest boss ffs, and because of what?
Rugal hasn't done anything that hasn't been seen before, and please do not mentikon the beating the whole cast feat. Both Igniz and Zero have done that and I don't see anyone saying jack about it.

And, as for the issue of no feats, for Serious Mr.Karate. that's not neccessarily true, because his feats are takuma's feats since they are the same person. If I remeber correctly, takuma's hoashishoken destroyed NEST's satelite with one shot, that's an impressive feat. What exactly has Rugal done besides own the cast (Which is very commmon) and destroy the black noah?

True. He can use edit. O.Rugal wins & how is Iori overrated Sado? & how is Rugal overrated? Akuma?
How are they not, I saw people claiming that Iori can stand against Dante. Rugal is overrated, he hasn't done anything igniz or Clone Zero and people act as if he's GOD, pfft. And as for Gouki, I don't have to say much, we know he's overrated. Sado, is right brainy.

Emperor Ashtar

Kyo doesn't get half the respect he deserves, he's jobbed some cats it would seem, but it only seems to be a crime when he does it.
Anybody who beats a boss that was designed to be a plot device to make you look cool doesn't deserve any respect.

P-Geyser
How are they not, I saw people claiming that Iori can stand against Dante. Rugal is overrated, he hasn't done anything igniz or Clone Zero and people act as if he's GOD, pfft. And as for Gouki, I don't have to say much, we know he's overrated. Sado, is right brainy.

Iori stand against Dante?......are you read that here?

P-Geyser
Sh!t I was typing to damn fast. Are you sure that it was here in KM that someone said that(Iori vs Dante). I recall when Terry and Ryu were pitted against Dante and lost horribly in these forums.

By the way Emp, what is your view on Dante?....do you think he is horribly overrated...especially in these paticular parts.

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Stalker 360
nothing just there is no need to triple post and double post.

Okay.... you act as if I have been doing this constantly I did this twice so please.

Emperor Ashtar
Sh!t I was typing to damn fast. Are you sure that it was here in KM that someone said that(Iori vs Dante). I recall when Terry and Ryu were pitted against Dante and lost horribly in these forums.

Check out this thread :

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/443546_1-dante-runs-the-kof-gauntlet

By the way Emp, what is your view on Dante?....do you think he is horribly overrated...especially in these paticular parts.

My views are mixed, I know dante can own a majority of fighters, seeing how he can pull off complicated Street Fighter moves with ease, plue he has Devil Trigger and the Devil Arms. So, he's a beast, not arguing that, But I saw a thread claiming dante can fight Jedah. So, yeah it depends, I believe he can own many fighters easily except God tiers, than he has to work for it but, he can still pull out a descive win.

P-Geyser

I still disagree there Sado eek! I think Terry will win against Kyo. I would not say that Terry would stomp him....and if I did, it was to be spiteful at those that said the same things about Terry. Kyo would give Terry a run for his money but I think Terry will win. Though cmon Terry is always made to look inferior next to Kyo and ESPECIALLY Iori.

As I said in the comics, Kyo and Iori BOTH were beating teams on their own while Terry lost horribly. Kyo is paired with Capcom's number 1 man Ryu while Terry got paired with Ken(not a bad thing) then as you agreed it looked as if Terry was paired with Guile. Tell me does the lone wolf look lower than Kyo or what? While you did state of people talking down Kyo to make Terry look good, as I said one forum. In the mainstream it would seem Kyo has higher props and is definatley more important than Terry making Kyo seem superior to him.

Check out this thread :

Damn. I notice that Kyo and Iori got talked about alot...more than Terry that's for sure but yeah I see what you mean.

My views are mixed, I know dante can own a majority of fighters, seeing how he can pull off complicated Street Fighter moves with ease, plue he has Devil Trigger and the Devil Arms. So, he's a beast, not arguing that, But I saw a thread claiming dante can fight Jedah. So, yeah it depends, I believe he can own many fighters easily except God tiers, than he has to work for it but, he can still pull out a descive win.

Great reply. I was asking because there seem to be plenty of DMC and Dante threads on this forum. Whenever I saw a thread with Dante's name in it, I thought "I jesus here we go again" ...folks would say Dante pwns most or everybody(and no I dont want to go looking for the threads)

Remulous
Originally posted by King Nothing
You do sound like your some kind of authority but I can understand your point of view.

Ruagl will most likely win for the same reasons TP and Rem said. Although Mr.Karate maybe stronger if he was given more character development. SNK basicly made him in an attempt to rival Gouki and that's about it. It would really help Karate if I knew who was stronger, Karate or Gouki?

laughing
It's hysterical, the people who are getting tired of certain characters are the ones who create the threads.

Not talking about a specific person or peoples, everyone in general. I didn't mean to make myself sound like some kind of authority.

But I'm glad someone can see things my way,(most likely the right way) for once.

I must jump on the band wagon and say you are a pretty cool dude.

Superboy Prime
I will say it again...Serious Mr. Karate = Shin Gouki?

No wonder SvC:Chaos was bullshit.

Hope Mr. Tengu wanna be gets ass raped by Yuri...somehow.

Besides why do people really consider him to be so powerful...sure he's serious about fighting and has some overpowered moves...but storywise he is pretty much non-existant. SNK and all it's confusing plotholes/storylines...

brainchild81
Originally posted by olympian
Now apply that logic to others such as...Terry. I always do. That logic points to Terry being a jobber beater that uses a tired @ss Hulk Hogan routine in ALL his boss fights.Originally posted by Sado22
i know he is and you and i both agree on him being the toughest one too. but I meant to stress the expression "no one stands a chance" which is ridiculous. true, pound for pound, Iori may beat up almost anyone from KoF but saying he's gonna walk over them is what i have a problem with. get my meaning?Yep.
no it was the part where i think it was rugal vs Akuma or something. eventually the topic shifted to Goenitz and people were saying akuma would squash him which is WRONG as hell.
Kyo got pwned the first time he fought goenitz to the extent that he was hospitalized. he re-invented himself (which is proof enough that he isn't a lazy butt when it comes to training) and fought Geonitz again. however, it was proving futile. though Kyo was doing better than last time...........it was a mile away from holding his own. iori literaly had to run to help Kyo because Kagura told him that Kyo would die if he didn't.
to sum it up: Iori literally saved Kyo's life when he joined with him to defeat Goenitz. and hence not holding his own...he was far from it.
how is that holding your own?It's not. I was asking you.
that he is. Rugal is probably the most badass SNK boss after Geese.
but i'm talking about comments that made rugal appear in goenitz's league which is bull. Rugal>>>>>>>>>>goenitz when it comes to coolness but he isn't winning at any rate. not back then. not ever.Geese is way cooler than Rugal, but Rugal'd put the hurt on him. Rugal is cooler than 'Nitz, but Nitz'd put the hurt on him(AND HAS) with ease.Originally posted by Sado22
i know and its annoying. they make it sound like all his victories are plot device or he was having help.
mad

in his fight against Rugal, he was being pwned badly while fagimaru and goro were out cold. Kyo fought him on his own and won in KoF94.

they also ignore kyo's stamina and durability which could very well be more than anyone from fighting games. think about it...in a span of a few hours:
-Kyo won the finals of KoF97 (most likely against Terry's team or Iori) which obviously was a hell of a fight since Iori and terry are two of the toughest fighters in SNK universe.
-fought Orochi Iori, and safe bet is that he was Orochi Iori's main target...i mean come on. DAH!
-fought the Orochi Team where he was taking on godtier Orochi Chris who were even more powerful than Geonitz.
-fought Orochi and lost
-regained consciousness and fought Orochi again with Iori's help.
-Orochi got up and then Kyo powered up and blasted him to lalaland.

that's one HELL of a durability aint it? i mean really. people say Jin pwning Hachi and Kaz back to back is admirable. this is uncanny durability. when was the last time even Ryu or Terry showed this much durability.
seriously taking on highter, a hightier in berserk mode, 3 godtiers, and then god....and winning. Kyo rocks.
stop the hate bidges!

~Sado Kyo did have help and did use a plot device though against Orochi.Originally posted by Superboy Prime
I will say it again...Serious Mr. Karate = Shin Gouki?

No wonder SvC:Chaos was bullshit.

Hope Mr. Tengu wanna be gets ass raped by Yuri...somehow.

Besides why do people really consider him to be so powerful...sure he's serious about fighting and has some overpowered moves...but storywise he is pretty much non-existant. SNK and all it's confusing plotholes/storylines... Ditto on everything. G.Rugal was a much better rival.

King Nothing
I didn't mean to make myself sound like some kind of authority.

But I'm glad someone can see things my way,(most likely the right way) for once.

I must jump on the band wagon and say you are a pretty cool dude. No problem and thank you.

Emperor Ashtar
I always do. That logic points to Terry being a jobber beater that uses a tired @ss Hulk Hogan routine in ALL his boss fights.

You mean he has a "Jobber Aura" smile

brainchild81
laughingOne of the strongest ever

P-Geyser
mad disagrees.

brainchild81
You have a right to. You like Hulk Hogan PG?

P-Geyser
You have a right to. You like Hulk Hogan PG?

Yeah....though I was more of a Roddy Piper fan.

Sado22
HBK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hogan and Piper

~The Hearbreak Sado-sama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.