Point Blank Pointless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Seraphim XIII
In your opinion, what is the most unnecessary murder, kill or suicide (Basically, death) that you've seen in movies?

jaden101
bullet tooth tony in snatch...i love that death...you dont even see it and its still the best pointless death...when Avi tries to shoot the gun and just fires randomly and kills tony...hahaha...brilliant

Solo
The detective's death in "Collateral".

manorastroman
i know this is an unpopular opinion, but alan arkin in little miss sunshine. even if his character did "need" to die, it certainly shouldn't have occured in the middle of the movie.

Dusty
Sheppard Book in 'Serenity'.

That man did not need to die.

Seraphim XIII
Daniel Vinyard in American History X.

Like ... WTF?

T.M
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII

Like ... WTF?

I don't that was pointless.

MildPossession
Definitely not a pointless death in American History X, one of the best scenes in the whole film imo.

Solo
Originally posted by Seraphim XIII

Like ... WTF?
I agree, they just had to make the story even more ridiculous.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Dusty

How about Wash? I think that was more cruel then Books' death. Yeah killing him off left a lot unexplained about his background but still I found Wash a more likeable character.

Dusty
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
How about Wash? I think that was more cruel then Books' death. Yeah killing him off left a lot unexplained about his background but still I found Wash a more likeable character.

I wasn't a fan of his death. But it did heighten the climax.

Blaxican

He died!!??

snowultra
the grandma in caddy shack, then they just left the body.

Lord Shadow Z
I wasn't a fan of his death. But it did heighten the climax.

It did, but it left a hollow feeling. Mainly because I watched the entire series of Firefly before I got around to seeing Serenity and got to know his character first.

To be honest I would have felt the same if any of them had gotten killed off.

General G
Not really a death scene because neither died, but this was just plain unnecessary, in Freddy vs. Jason, when they are on the dock near the end of the movie, Freddy puts his claws in Jason's eyes, Jason puts his part of a hand through Freddy's stomach, it was just the most gory, bloody, and unnecessary scene I have ever seen.

vintageSW77
The Ewok that gets blasted in ROTJ........sniff

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.