300 spartans VS The companions of the Hall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
300 spartans

vs

The companions of the hall from forgotten realms

Drizzt, Bruenor, Wulgar and Catt. Bruenors daughter with full equiptments

grey fox
Companions

capt it up
Originally posted by grey fox
Companions
I agree with you

bruenor and Drizzt would both be extremely difficult to put down. wulfgar has the strength and powerful weapon to destroy there formations and catt. can reak havok with her bow.

capt it up
bump?

MightyEInherjar
I think the Companions can win so long as they survive the possible volley of 300 spears at the beginning.

Only ones I could see going down are Wulfgar and Catti-Brie. I could see Wulfgar getting a little too cocky and wading into them all killing a bunch, sure, but eventually getting skewered by a few spears. That might not bring him down, but I think he'd accumulate enough wounds to stop him.

Tassadar
The 300 win. The Companions wouldn't be able to take 300 orcs at once by themselves, unless they had the advantage of fighting them in small groups (IE, in a building or cave). Spartans >>>> Orcs. Cattie-Brie kills the most, thanks to Heartseeker and Khazidea (still dont know how to spell the damn swords name).

capt it up
Originally posted by Tassadar
The 300 win. The Companions wouldn't be able to take 300 orcs at once by themselves, unless they had the advantage of fighting them in small groups (IE, in a building or cave). Spartans >>>> Orcs. Cattie-Brie kills the most, thanks to Heartseeker and Khazidea (still dont know how to spell the damn swords name).

Bruenor fought more then 300 orcs by him self on at least three occassions.

At one point he literally fought 1000's and killed so many orcs in one day that it surpassed the amount of kills he has had in many years prior combind

Tassadar
Originally posted by capt it up
Bruenor fought more then 300 orcs by him self on at least three occassions.

At one point he literally fought 1000's and killed so many orcs in one day that it surpassed the amount of kills he has had in many years prior combind

Maybe, but he wasnt alone. He had an army of dwarves backing him, along with most of the Companions. Its easier to fight when you have people to keep you from getting surrounded and stabbed in the back.

Soljer
Maybe, but he wasnt alone. He had an army of dwarves backing him, along with most of the Companions. Its easier to fight when you have people to keep you from getting surrounded and stabbed in the back.

Yup...and...as said,

Spartans > Orcs.

ExtraMision5555
Originally posted by Soljer

Spartans >>> Orcs.

Soljer

Spartans >>>> Orcs.

Better?

Symmetric Chaos
Yup...and...as said,

Spartans > Orcs.

I'm not a ForgottenRealms expert but doesn't it depend heavily on the individual orc?

Soljer
Obviously you can have elite orcs....but in general, a Sparatan will be superior to an Orc the same way that in general, a Kree will be superior to a Human.

Even though there are exceptional humans.

Basically, Orcs might as well be Hand Ninjas.

Do you think 'Spartans > Hand Ninjas' would depend heavily upon the individual ninja? confused

Symmetric Chaos
Obviously you can have elite orcs....but in general, a Sparatan will be superior to an Orc the same way that in general, a Kree will be superior to a Human.

Even though there are exceptional humans.

Basically, Orcs might as well be Hand Ninjas.

Do you think 'Spartans > Hand Ninjas' would depend heavily upon the individual ninja? confused

In many fictional worlds orcs (and orc like character) tend to be cookie cutter warriors with various levels. ie Uruks vs Orcs in LotR.

I meant type of orc not individual.

Soljer
Oh.

Well, I could be mistaken, but I do believe that in Forgotten Realms, Orc is a single race.

Someone can correct me if they please, and like I said, there are exceptions, but in general....an orc is an orc is an orc.

DigiMark007
Capt's playing up Bruenor way too much. And I actually think the Companions bite it hard....and this coming from a big fan of Drizzt and company.

Symmetric Chaos
Can't Drizzit force this into blind fighting where he (and I would assume people who spend time with the guy) would have an advantage?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Can't Drizzit force this into blind fighting where he (and I would assume people who spend time with the guy) would have an advantage?

For a few of them, sure. But not for all 300. I don't remember any drow making mroe than a few globes of darkness at once, and even that might be an exaggeration.

He'd be the toughest to bring down, no doubt, but the discipline and numbers advantage I just think is too much.

starlock
i really like this thread
Can terrain make a diffrence in this battle?
What is the terrain for this match

Tassadar
Originally posted by starlock
i really like this thread
Can terrain make a diffrence in this battle?
What is the terrain for this match

You have a good point. The terrain factors into this heavily, if its in a choke point the Companions can neutralize the Spartans numbers advantage (ironically exactly how the Spartans inflicted so much damage in their battle at Thermopylae). It doesn't give them a majority, but it definitely increases their odds.

DigiMark007
Haha. Irony.

no expression

Anyway, most places in life aren't easily-defended choke points. I think it's safe to assume there'd be enough room for the 300 to operate efficiently.

Newjak
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Haha. Irony.

no expression

Anyway, most places in life aren't easily-defended choke points. I think it's safe to assume there'd be enough room for the 300 to operate efficiently. Yeah plus it isn't like the Spartans would just run in unorganized to get mowed down.

Seriously though the 300 Spartans are quite formidable beings.

jollyjim311
I'm assuming these are The 300 Spartans.

Enough men for good tactics and each individual isn't going down without a fight.

While I couls see Drizz't taking down 75 orcs on his own, these are top-of-the-line warriors from a top-of-the-line military.

starlock
This is fun hehe
Arena- 300
Beach head- 300
choke point- still unsure
forest- Companions
Mithral Hall- Companions

The bow & the hammer can be thrown, alot of magical gear

Numbers,discipline,

Tuff battle,awesome fight
i am still undecided
Throw in the halfling and Entreri hehehe

emporerpants
the 300 take it, the companions get over whelmed. a good question i think would be who's better, an average drow warrior or an average spartan?

Galan007
Personally, I could see the 300 taking this.

They aren't just a gang of buffoons with swords and spears.

These guys are expert war tacticians, and are nearly unrivaled in terms of combat skills and physical conditioning.

DigiMark007
Drizzt was able to stalemate two seasoned drow warriors for a period of time, but couldn't win easily. Spartans may not = Drow, but 300 of them certainly = a lot more than that.

LORDSIDIOUS01
"THIS IS SPARTA" King Leonidas can do it.

Piedmon
I would definitely go with the 300 here. Drizzt can do some impressive stunts, but his bullet-time fu can only handle a dozen opponents or so at once. And that's just low-level orc goobers. Every single man in the 300 was not only a Spartan warrior (which is like 2x the warrior from anywhere else) but they were the BEST Spartan warriors, handpicked by Leonidas.

Of course, this is just presuming that the fight is on an open, featureless plain. If there was any way Drizzt could get behind the 300 (we're discounting the other Companions because really.... they're sort of useless) and use the terrain to pick them off, I'd give it to him.

redhotrash
I'd agree with the last comment, King Leonidas, in the film, was a pretty brutal warrior and tactician. Also take into consideration that the entire battle in the movie took place over just a few days. Being able to hold your own against thousands of troops coming at you, wave after wave shows some endurance. I'd predict the 300 winning, while granted taking reasonable losses.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Piedmon
I would definitely go with the 300 here. Drizzt can do some impressive stunts, but his bullet-time fu can only handle a dozen opponents or so at once. And that's just low-level orc goobers. Every single man in the 300 was not only a Spartan warrior (which is like 2x the warrior from anywhere else) but they were the BEST Spartan warriors, handpicked by Leonidas.

Of course, this is just presuming that the fight is on an open, featureless plain. If there was any way Drizzt could get behind the 300 (we're discounting the other Companions because really.... they're sort of useless) and use the terrain to pick them off, I'd give it to him.

The others useless? Cattie-Brie is the only one guaranteed a kill, her bow goes through shields and armor, as does her sword. Drizzt's scimitars lack the ability to go through their shields, and their numbers mean that he could easily be stabbed in the belly mid while trying to get his swords around one mans weapon.

Piedmon
It isn't the sword, it's knowing how to use it.

Plus, if you read the latest Drizzt book,

Cattie Brie doesn't have her enchanted sword anymore.

I'm sure she'd take out a few with her bow, though. Before they got to her.

redhotrash
I despise Cattie-Brie, and wouldnt mind reading about her being impaled on the end of a spear. Anyhow I wouldnt say this would be a squash. Wulfgar could most likely break their line with a single hammer throw allowing Drizzt and Bruenor to get inside. Either way though they drop to superior numbers. Even Drizzt has taken hits from Orcs and such, just they always seem to bash him with a club rather than a axe lol.

jollyjim311
The others useless? Cattie-Brie is the only one guaranteed a kill, her bow goes through shields and armor, as does her sword. Drizzt's scimitars lack the ability to go through their shields, and their numbers mean that he could easily be stabbed in the belly mid while trying to get his swords around one mans weapon.

True, the bow works wonders, but, it will only offer so much help, seeing as how she only has 20, maybe 30 arrows with her at a random given time.

Cattie-Brie =/ Legolas.

capt it up
First I am not playing up bruenor in the least. He gets played down constantly. In the Lone drow he lead an army of roughly 2,000 dwarfs to battle 20,000 orcs. He was completely surrounded while on a rock and yet he killed them one after the other. He at one point fights the army by him self while the others run. He killed will over 300 men that day seeing as how he states he killed more people that day then many years prior.

also the whole drizzt only able to stalemate two season drow warriors was false. It was three and he kill one right off the bat. That was also only in one encounter. In other encounters he killed two elite drow warriors rather easily so has Bruenor.

drow >>>sparatan.

also orcs are being down play quite a bit. Orcs are a lot tougher in forgotten realms then in any other books including lord of the rings.

Drizzt has foughten 50 orcs him self and killed them all while fighting rather sloppy.

Now this all being said 300 sparatans are no joke. The thing is both drizzt and catt. can rain death on the spartans from afar. Wulfgar hammer will destroy there ranks. The panther ( actaully a black tiger of sorts) will be devasting. Bruenor and drizzt togather are a devilish team in close quarters. They have foughten many demons and come out on top if I am not mistaken the odds were worse in that battle..

They could win this match depending on how far eachothers start from one anothers.

capt it up
also drizzt is not a bullet timer. he deflexed bolts after they have been fired.

LORDSIDIOUS01
King Leonidas leads them to victory.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Piedmon
It isn't the sword, it's knowing how to use it.

Plus, if you read the latest Drizzt book,

Cattie Brie doesn't have her enchanted sword anymore.

I'm sure she'd take out a few with her bow, though. Before they got to her.

I read the last book, and I know that the sword fell into the chasm, I was assuming all characters at their best. Without it she can't do much of anything in h2h to a Spartan.

Soljer
The three hundred still win.

capt it up
bruenors axe, catt. arrows, panthers claws, wulfgar hammer and drizzt simitars would all easily go through the shields with effort.

DigiMark007
Actually capt, this situation I'm referring to was when Drizzt and Entreri faced off against 2 seasoned drow warriors in the Underdark. They were clearly better, but the 2 drow were able to stay defensive and turn it into a stalemate. Drizzt/Entreri were pressed for time so they had to escape because it would've taken them a long time to win the fight.

So it wasn't even Drizzt vs. 2. It was him and Entreri.

Orcs = cannon fodder. No feat involving them should be taken seriously. But the 300 are probably somewhat akin to seasoned drow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.