Gorgon vs Stick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alfheim
Fight takes place in a danger room. I dont think Gorgons stare can work on stick because hes blind. At any rate Gorgon cant use his stare. Who wins?

Gorgon has a sword, Stick has his staff.

Symmetric Chaos
Gorgon the Xmen villian?

He has a healing factor and superstrength I believe. What does Stick have to match that?

jasonk3
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Gorgon the Xmen villian?

He has a healing factor and superstrength I believe. What does Stick have to match that?

umm...his staff confused

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jasonk3
umm...his staff confused

Oh, OK.

Stick ftw!

jasonk3
LOL

Alfheim
Gorgon the Xmen villian?

The Wolverine villain.

Well he taught Daredevil and Electra, he used to be the head of a mystical ninja group called the Chaste which are in opposition with the Hand and has easily calmed down Wolverine in Beserker mode.

He is completely blind but because of mystical powers can still "see".

Im giving it to Stick, because he has easily pawned Wolverine. Eventhough Gorgon has more skill than Wolverine it seems Wolverine was able to go toe to toe for abit.

Soljer
Toe to toe? Wolverine was getting the shit beaten out of him by Gorgon.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Soljer
Toe to toe? Wolverine was getting the shit beaten out of him by Gorgon.

Well from what I was told Wolverine got some hits in. When Wolverine went beserk on Stick, Stick didn't get hit once.

Soljer
Gorgon vs. Wolverine:

A missile blows the SHIT out of Gorgon's apartment, with him inside.

He's unharmed.

Elektra and Wolverine ambush him, stab him a couple times.

He's unharmed.

He pick up a four by four and knocks the shit out of Wolverine and Elektra. While Wolverine is dazed, he begins chopping heads.

Wolverine watches the blade coming, but Gorgon is too fast. Gorgon plants the sword through Wolverine's neck, pinning him to a wall.

Gorgon then escapes with Elektra.

Keep in mind that this was Wolverine and Elektra with SHIELD Upgrades, too.

Next issue;

Wolverine ambushes Gorgon with his shield ups again.

They exchange some hits, but it's obvious that Gorgon's in control. He doesn't flinch. He doesn't move. When he doesn't want to get hit, he pummels Wolverine's head into a wall without retribution.

The only thing that saves Wolverine is the fact that he reflects Gorgon's stone-stare with his claws.

Gorgon DECIMATED Wolverine. Logan even says in narration "Stop trying to match his skills...."

Alfheim
Gorgon vs. Wolverine:

A missile blows the SHIT out of Gorgon's apartment, with him inside.

He's unharmed.

Elektra and Wolverine ambush him, stab him a couple times.

He's unharmed.

He pick up a four by four and knocks the shit out of Wolverine and Elektra. While Wolverine is dazed, he begins chopping heads.

Wolverine watches the blade coming, but Gorgon is too fast. Gorgon plants the sword through Wolverine's neck, pinning him to a wall.

Gorgon then escapes with Elektra.

Keep in mind that this was Wolverine and Elektra with SHIELD Upgrades, too.

Next issue;

Wolverine ambushes Gorgon with his shield ups again.

They exchange some hits, but it's obvious that Gorgon's in control. He doesn't flinch. He doesn't move. When he doesn't want to get hit, he pummels Wolverine's head into a wall without retribution.

The only thing that saves Wolverine is the fact that he reflects Gorgon's stone-stare with his claws.

Gorgon DECIMATED Wolverine. Logan even says in narration "Stop trying to match his skills...."

Fair enough. So do you think Gorgon can beat Stick, it seems both of them can pawn Wolverine.

Soljer
When Wolverine fought stick, he didn't know who he was to begin with.

As soon as he figured out that he was fighting Stick? Stick didn't land another hit on him. erm. I'd hardly call that 'pawn'ing.

Alfheim
When Wolverine fought stick, he didn't know who he was to begin with.

As soon as he figured out that he was fighting Stick? Stick didn't land another hit on him. erm. I'd hardly call that 'pawn'ing.

Oh well looks like Stick dies. Anyway I haven't read the comic so I cant judge for myself.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well from what I was told Wolverine got some hits in. When Wolverine went beserk on Stick, Stick didn't get hit once.

The hits Wolverine landed did nothing, and this was pimped and prepped out Wolverine with body armour and all types of weapons. Gorgon was ripping him a new one. Wolverine won cause Gorgon tried to use his "stone stare" and Wolverine flashed it back with the claws.

Straight up, Logan was getting killed so I'd side with Gorgon ftw here.

jinzin

Wolverine DID get hits in that's for certain.. however it was a close quarters fight..

hell even sinister's supermen got jacked by sabretooth in a close wuarters brawl, and they had superman like speed.

As for stick.. Wolverine never went berserk on him. no expression
Wolverine got hit by stick's uhhh stick a few times and once he figured out who stick actually was stick didn't get one hit in edgewise.

jinzin
Originally posted by marvelprince
The hits Wolverine landed did nothing, and this was pimped and prepped out Wolverine with body armour and all types of weapons. Gorgon was ripping him a new one. Wolverine won cause Gorgon tried to use his "stone stare" and Wolverine flashed it back with the claws.

Straight up, Logan was getting killed so I'd side with Gorgon ftw here.

There WAS of course a bit of CIS... gorgons supposedl inability to be hurt or healing factor would STILL have a tough time with limbs getting chopped off... Logan was just too stupid at the moment to figure that out...

marvelprince
Originally posted by jinzin
There WAS of course a bit of CIS... gorgons supposedl inability to be hurt or healing factor would STILL have a tough time with limbs getting chopped off... Logan was just too stupid at the moment to figure that out...

Of course. I'm not saying that Logan was 100 % ineffectual, just that he definitely wasn't winning at any point.

Cept for the part where he won of course. big grin

capt it up
Alf please stop with your bull shit lies.

I own the issue it was from the onslaught saga.

Stick hit logan a few times when logan was trying to save him. Logan thought he was a crzy old man. Once logan figured out it was stick he too the advantage and dodge and blocked every single one of sticks attacks and then smack stick in the face.

Logan did not go berseker once.

next time you try and spout some bull shit make sure me and jinzin did not read the issue and own it.

jinzin
Originally posted by capt it up
next time you try and spout some bull shit make sure me and jinzin did not read the issue and own it.

laughing out loud

jasonk3

Stick hit logan a few times when logan was trying to save him. Logan thought he was a crzy old man. Once logan figured out it was stick he too the advantage and dodge and blocked every single one of sticks attacks and then smack stick in the face.

shocking

bigbran
There WAS of course a bit of CIS... gorgons supposedl inability to be hurt or healing factor would STILL have a tough time with limbs getting chopped off... Logan was just too stupid at the moment to figure that out... I thought you didn't like pis... so why would cis be any different?

Anyway... scans, or at the very least, an issue number?
I haven't read Gorgon, just heard him on the forum, and he sounds pretty f*cking awesome to tell you the truth...

jinzin
Originally posted by bigbran
I thought you didn't like pis... so why would cis be any different?

I haven't read Gorgon, just heard him on the forum, and he sounds pretty f*cking awesome to tell you the truth...

PIS is something that strictly goes against character representations/logic/and history to further a plot, CIS is simply part of a personality quirk...

It's comparible to when you're playing a video game and you do something like run your car into a wall on accident because you pressed the wrong button or something..

Actually Srank posted a buncha scans... i don't remember where they are though.. sad

tell ya what.. If I can, this weekend, I'll throw up a respeck thread for him.

King KAM
gorgons extremley overrated, and without the whole living corpse thing wouldve been killed by wolverine in their only straight up fight. but he still wins ths one

SpunkySmurph
PIS is something that strictly goes against character representations/logic/and history to further a plot, CIS is simply part of a personality quirk...

It's comparible to when you're playing a video game and you do something like run your car into a wall on accident because you pressed the wrong button or something..

Actually Srank posted a buncha scans... i don't remember where they are though.. sad

tell ya what.. If I can, this weekend, I'll throw up a respeck thread for him.

Did Srank post them in the Gorgon vs. Gamora thread?

I forget, but, if he did, I can easily get the thread (having made it, and all)

bigbran

tell ya what.. If I can, this weekend, I'll throw up a respeck thread for him. What about Thanos forgetting that claws from that level of strength shouldn't penetrate him... shifty

And pis is just a plot thing. Basically bad writing or something.

Both are good, and they don't hurt to use them from time to time Jinzin... wink

Ok, that would be cool.

jinzin
yeah actually i think that was it.

bigbran
yeah actually i think that was it. I'm looking and I saw the scans of him beating Electra...
I saw them before, but it's still cool...

I'm almost positive I remember more though...

jinzin
What about Thanos forgetting that claws from that level of strength shouldn't penetrate him... shifty

you'd have a point if there was any evidence to counteract it.. like admantium swords being broken upon his chest or whatnot.. but until something COMPARIBLE (as i'm well aware of thanos' durability feats.. but comic book durability to take blunt force and stabbing trauma are different beasts) i can't see that as a good example.

And pis is just a plot thing. Basically bad writing or something.

Both are good, and they don't hurt to use them from time to time Jinzin... wink

Ok, that would be cool. Well I don't have a problem with PIS or CIS moments in context to the storyline..

the way it was, if wolverine just started chopping gorgon's limbs off, it would have made gorgon look like a pathetic super villain.. more like a joke than a threat.. so that's not a problem.. but it when people take those moments.. (like sabretooth not being able to life a car) and try to use them as a STANDARD when they are clearly not to suit their purposes in these debates.... THAT'S when i have a problem.

SpunkySmurph
This was what I found:

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-24-08.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-24-14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-24-16.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-24-17.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-26-03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-30-20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-31-005.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/w-31-006.jpg

And incase you were wondering, this is how fast Elektra is...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Elektra/pg_19.jpg

jasonk3

Here Gorgon Pwns Elektra and Wolverine :

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p016-17.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p018.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p019.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p020.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p021.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p022.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p023.jpg
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w81/jasonk3_2007/Wolv30_ffs_xtv_p024.jpg

bigbran
you'd have a point if there was any evidence to counteract it.. like admantium swords being broken upon his chest or whatnot.. but until something COMPARIBLE (as i'm well aware of thanos' durability feats.. but comic book durability to take blunt force and stabbing trauma are different beasts) i can't see that as a good example. I'm not saying that adamantium can't cut him, I'm saying that along with the Power Gem, Wolverine shouldn't have the force to be able to penetrate his skin...
Plus, not to mention that (and I may be the only person/Thanos fan to think this) the IG saga/that comic, was poorly written.
I mean, Hulk/Drax throwing around Thanos...
She-Hulk/Namor doing the same...
Hulk beating down Thanos by himself...
Firelord choking Thanos, and actually bending him back...
Cyclops being able to almost knock Thanos off his feet...
Spider-Man knocking Thanos back, and almost off his feet...
Masterson Thor basically KOing Thanos twice...
Vision making Thanos have to shield himself from his eyebeams...
Masterson Thor punching around Thanos...
Scrlet Witch holding back Thanos's eyebeams for a couple panels...
Iron Man putting Thanos on his knees with his hand beams...
Cloak knocking Thanos off his feet, and sucking him in...
Pussy Nova moving Thanos's head with a punch...
Captain America dodging a punch by him, after it was thrown...
Cap not getting his neck snapped/torn off by a backhand...

It's not just Wolverine... it's the whole damn comic that bothers me...

Well I don't have a problem with PIS or CIS moments in context to the storyline..

the way it was, if wolverine just started chopping gorgon's limbs off, it would have made gorgon look like a pathetic super villain.. more like a joke than a threat.. so that's not a problem.. but it when people take those moments.. (like sabretooth not being able to life a car) and try to use them as a STANDARD when they are clearly not to suit their purposes in these debates.... THAT'S when i have a problem. Wait... did the stab wounds that Wolverine inflicted heal up right away?
Because if so, then why would he be able to cut off a limb?

jinzin
I'm not saying that adamantium can't cut him, I'm saying that along with the Power Gem, Wolverine shouldn't have the force to be able to penetrate his skin...
Plus, not to mention that (and I may be the only person/Thanos fan to think this) the IG saga/that comic, was poorly written.
I mean, Hulk/Drax throwing around Thanos...
She-Hulk/Namor doing the same...
Hulk beating down Thanos by himself...
Firelord choking Thanos, and actually bending him back...
Cyclops being able to almost knock Thanos off his feet...
Spider-Man knocking Thanos back, and almost off his feet...
Masterson Thor basically KOing Thanos twice...
Vision making Thanos have to shield himself from his eyebeams...
Masterson Thor punching around Thanos...
Scrlet Witch holding back Thanos's eyebeams for a couple panels...
Iron Man putting Thanos on his knees with his hand beams...
Cloak knocking Thanos off his feet, and sucking him in...
Pussy Nova moving Thanos's head with a punch...
Captain America dodging a punch by him, after it was thrown...
Cap not getting his neck snapped/torn off by a backhand...

It's not just Wolverine... it's the whole damn comic that bothers me...
I know it's highly suspect, but I stand by what I said before.

Wait... did the stab wounds that Wolverine inflicted heal up right away?
Because if so, then why would he be able to cut off a limb? Nah, gorgon did bleed pretty good.

Juntai

I haven't read Gorgon, just heard him on the forum, and he sounds pretty f*cking awesome to tell you the truth... Wolverine Agent of Shield, but Gorgon was part of about a years worth of storyline or so.

Alfheim

Yeah thats why I said this afterwards.

Oh well looks like Stick dies. Anyway I haven't read the comic so I cant judge for myself.

Ive stated earlier on that I havent read it and that why im open to opinions, so calm down for Gods sake.

Thats not good at all that soudns liek your standing by PIS.

jinzin
Thats not good at all that soudns liek your standing by PIS.

No I'm standing against assumptions...

again just because thanos has crazy durability doesn't mean he doesn't have wonder woman syndrome.. maybe ha can take a black hole.. that doesn't mean much because it's not comparible to adamntium blades.. until thanos has a few (hell even 1) suitable example that people can't stab him with admantium blades.. it's not PIS... again what part of the plot did it advance? nothing, that's what.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Stick is to blind to see himself getting beat down.

SpunkySmurph
Nah, gorgon did bleed pretty good.
Yeah. I remember it was a noticeably gory arc.

Alfheim

again just because thanos has crazy durability doesn't mean he doesn't have wonder woman syndrome..

Your making assumptions Wonder Woman is the exception to the rule. I think WW has class 100 strength, do you know any other class 100 characters in Marvel who are vulnerable to bullets, knives and arrows?

grey fox
I'm pretty sure Stick can drain life-energy and amp himself with chi.

capt it up
alf you stated a bunch of crapp as if you knew what you were talking about and then you got called out for it and some how you stating you never read it makes it ok?roll eyes (sarcastic)

You still got got caught pritty much lieing.

Alfheim
alf you stated a bunch of crapp as if you knew what you were talking about and then you got called out for it and some how you stating you never read it makes it ok?roll eyes (sarcastic)

You still got got caught pritty much lieing.

No dont ****ing accuse my of lying got it? I got my facts wrong. Im really starting to get sick if your rude behaviour you came to my ****ing respect thread and insulted me after ive added lots of scans.

Did I do that to your respect thread? I and others have noticed how you can be a total jerk. I was going to reply to your posts in Wolverine vs Cap but if you cant be polite just **** off. mad

don't shiv
damn Stick has the edge, considering the siphoning of elemental life energy gift.

don't matter how durable gorgon is when the Fight's drained outta him

bigbran
When a whole story is horribly (ya, I'm saying it) written, then what makes Wolverine the exception?

It's like saying that we should use Daredevil putting down Wolverine, but we know that was a badly written comic... and even then, it still doesn't have as many inconsistencies as that IG comic...

Also... Thanos doesn't suffer from the Wonder Woman effect... and there is no reason why it should be assumed that he does...

Either, Cyclops can almost knock Thanos on his ass... or Wolverine out of that whole comic... is the only viable proof from the heroes side...

Everything is pis, except Wolverine's showings... right... unless everything in the comic is acceptable...

Like I said... Wolverine doesn't/shouldn't have the strength to penetrate his skin...

jinzin
When a whole story is horribly (ya, I'm saying it) written, then what makes Wolverine the exception?

It's like saying that we should use Daredevil putting down Wolverine, but we know that was a badly written comic... and even then, it still doesn't have as many inconsistencies as that IG comic...

Also... Thanos doesn't suffer from the Wonder Woman effect... and there is no reason why it should be assumed that he does...

Either, Cyclops can almost knock Thanos on his ass... or Wolverine out of that whole comic... is the only viable proof from the heroes side...

Everything is pis, except Wolverine's showings... right... unless everything in the comic is acceptable...

Like I said... Wolverine doesn't/shouldn't have the strength to penetrate his skin...

Well first off the daredevil example is a horrible example to use.. the reason being: WE'VE SEEN MULTIPLE INSTANCES of wolverine taking the same damage or worse damage than what he took from matt and remaining virtually unphased... that's why the DD taking out Wolverine is PIS, it not only was out of character (COMPARITIVELY with other SIMILAR showings), but it happened for the sole purpose of advancing the plot... It stands as an exception rather than a rule due to the sheer number of contradictory showings that weigh against it.

But the ig thing on the other hand....

What part of the plot did Wolverine stabbing thanos advance?
Bupcus that's what.

And how many COMPARITIVE examples are hanging around out there where people have failed to stab thanos with an admantium weapon? None that I'm aware of.

Thus, I don't think that writing it off as strict PIS is a suitable excuse....

And the wonder woman thing, she's just an example of a common concept throughout the MU... MU has different types of durability....plain and simple.

hulk can take nuclear explosions, blasts from beings on the exemplar level without effect.. yet wolverine penetrates his skin.

Namor compares gunfire to rain drops, and has whethered explosions that have knocked even hulk unconcious... yet wolverine's cut him/stabbed him every time they've fought.

I could go on and on and on, but you probably get the point by now...

Just because thanos is hella durable to OTHER TYPES of attacks or assaults, doesn't mean that wolverine's can't affect him. erm

ESPECIALLY when it's already been proven that he can.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.