Captain Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alra121
Check out this article from newsarama:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=104938

What is Marvel up to now...

Alfheim
I hate to say this....but I kinda like the look of this. Are they gonna give Frank an upgrade?

Validus
Holy shit thats hideous!

King_Mungi
Uuuuuuh...they pulled a Liefield with all the damn pouches

Newjak
Personally I thought the custom wasn't meh.

It wasn't too bad but wasn't very good either.

I definitely don't like the idea of the Punisher becoming the new Captain America though they really are too different.

marvelprince
I like the concept for the costume. I saw what they were getting it but it looks way too cluttered. Lose a couple hundred of the punches. Still pretty cool though.

Can't wait to give this a read. I'm definitely curious

Alfheim
Originally posted by marvelprince
I like the concept for the costume. I saw what they were getting it but it looks way too cluttered. Lose a couple hundred of the punches. Still pretty cool though.

Can't wait to give this a read. I'm definitely curious

Yeah the costume is a bit cluttered.....why do I get the feeling they are really trying to kill Steve...off.....as in they are seeing if they can get away with it.

I have to admit sometimes I wish Steve was'nt so "nice" all the time. Nah im just getting paranoid. Marvel when you do ressurect Cap give him an upgrade and let him knock Wolverine the **** out.....PLEASE!

On second thoughts dont give Cap an upgrade just let him knock him out...........slicing his leg my ass

Black Adam
shit sux.

bigbran
Originally posted by Alfheim
Yeah the costume is a bit cluttered.....why do I get the feeling they are really trying to kill Steve...off.....as in they are seeing if they can get away with it.

I have to admit sometimes I wish Steve was'nt so "nice" all the time. Nah im just getting paranoid. Marvel when you do ressurect Cap give him an upgrade and let him knock Wolverine the **** out.....PLEASE!

On second thoughts dont give Cap an upgrade just let him knock him out...........slicing his leg my ass Like when Thanos came back?

grey fox
Dont like the costume , I expected Frank just to jam the mask on and go nutso with his guns, not make up a shitty costume.

Redatom65
anyway anyone see spiderman's u.s suit?

Grimm22
Thats it.

Im done

This is the last straw

Im going to stop buying comics for a while

H. S. 6
I'm interested in the idea. The costume could use a few less pouches, though.

Originally posted by Grimm22
Thats it.

Im done

This is the last straw

Nah, you won't.

Symmetric Chaos
Damn. Thats insulting to America and vigilante justice.

Lucid Lui
I'd be completely fine with all the pouches if they're shown to be practical, but that means he has to use every single one for some thing or another.

alra121
Originally posted by Newjak
Personally I thought the custom wasn't meh.

It wasn't too bad but wasn't very good either.

I definitely don't like the idea of the Punisher becoming the new Captain America though they really are too different.

The costume is okay, I do not think he will become the new Captain America since the skull is still there. But I think its more of Frank paying homage to Steve since being killed. Remember he has alot of respect for Steve and did not even fight him in Civil War #6.

Also in the end this could all be a Marvel leaking misinformation out to the web.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'd be completely fine with all the pouches if they're shown to be practical, but that means he has to use every single one for some thing or another.

Like some sort of utility pouches.

marvelprince
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thats it.

Im done

This is the last straw

Why don't you at least wait for the issue to come out before why start killing ourselves ok? erm

It could just be misdirection (like the pic of Tony with Red, white and blue armour). Even if its not who says he's going to pick up the mantle of Cap? Maybe he's just doing it to honor Steve. Or even if he becomes the new Cap someone else more "pure of heart" could come along and "take" it from him. In other words no one knows what its about yet so try not to overreact.

grey fox
Yeah grimm , put down the kool aid until we at least KNOW if it's happening.

WrathfulDwarf
Well, you can tell did something right....Frank looks all juiced up like Capt. was. He never looked that pump and bulk before....must be the steroids he has to take from now on.

bigbran
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, you can tell did something right....Frank looks all juiced up like Capt. was. He never looked that pump and bulk before....must be the steroids he has to take from now on. laughing

capt it up
Originally posted by Alfheim

On second thoughts dont give Cap an upgrade just let him knock him out...........slicing his leg my ass
won't happen and it be stupid

Disappear
frank as cap, v. wolverine: "heal this, MOTHER****ER!"

ha.

i like how frank picked up cap's mask, but then designed his own shitty substitute. i would've rather seen him just wear it.

and frank's been drawn that buff since war journal started. how he can possibly function, being that muscle-bound, i have no idea.

marvelprince
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Well, you can tell did something right....Frank looks all juiced up like Capt. was. He never looked that pump and bulk before....must be the steroids he has to take from now on.

Well now he needs something to compensate for his lack of super soldier serum

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'd be completely fine with all the pouches if they're shown to be practical, but that means he has to use every single one for some thing or another. Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Like some sort of utility pouches. if he uses EVERY SINGLE one of those pouches, i'd say he's the new Captain America/Batman no expression

then again Batman isn't dead....yet shifty

Symmetric Chaos

NiņoAraņa
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
eek!

TheAmericanBatPunisher

His family was killed by bats during WW2. In a blind rage he he tried to kill them all but was nearly slain himself. Applying to the USMilitary he was given the SuperSoldierSerum as well as advanced weapons and martial arts training.

During WW2 he was frozen in ice while trying to stop a Nazi bat invasion. Upon reviving in the 20th century he immediatley resumed he quest to rid the world of bats. Unfortuantely he often causes more harm than good in his over zealousness. laughing best bio ever of CaptainBatPunisher (i didn't like your name ermm)

Symmetric Chaos

marvelprince
Captain PunBat rock

NiņoAraņa
Captain PunBat rock You trying to take my shine?!ermm

marvelprince

Symmetric Chaos
*basks in his own brilliance*

Jimmy Buggs
I wonder who is on the hit list

Alfheim
Originally posted by capt it up
won't happen and it be stupid

Did somebody say something? I thought I heard somebody talking...oh well. stick out tongue

Juntai
I like the post Ed Coyote made on the that page.
"Let's see....

Punisher as Cap, that fits the Eradicator - Superman spot,

Bucky as Cap, that fills the Superboy - Superman spot,

Iron Cap, that fills the Steel - Superman spot.

Hmmm.... that leaves the Cyborg - Superman open.

Maybe Clor? Vision? Deathlok?"

I got a kick out of it, because I was thinking the same thing when I saw this, because I remembered the Captain-ized Tony Stark.

willRules
Originally posted by Jimmy Buggs
I wonder who is on the hit list

That would be interesting

*If Steve Rogers was still alive*

Cap "I shall fight your injustice Skull"

Red Skull "Never I shall resurrect the third Reich and bring about a reign of terror."

*If Punisher becomes Cap*

Punisher "Your going down mofo"

Red Skull "Never I shall resurrect the third Reich and BLAM ARGGGGHHHHHH YOU SONOFA!!!!!! YOU JUST SHOT ME IN THE LEG!!! WAIT WAIT POINT THE GAN AWAY FROM - "

BLAM BLAM BLAM

jasonk3
Captain PunBat rock

"The Punishing American Bat" ...now there's a name every one will remember. no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by jasonk3
"The Punishing American Bat" ...now there's a name every one will remember. no expression

It was the AmericanBatPunisher and it was brilliant big grin

jasonk3
It was the AmericanBatPunisher and it was brilliant big grin

Brilliant ...indeed...but it makes him sound like he punishes Bats blink

Symmetric Chaos
Brilliant ...indeed...but it makes him sound like he punishes Bats blink

roll eyes (sarcastic)

He does. I'll repost his bio for you.

jasonk3
eek!

TheAmericanBatPunisher

His family was killed by bats during WW2. In a blind rage he he tried to kill them all but was nearly slain himself. Applying to the USMilitary he was given the SuperSoldierSerum as well as advanced weapons and martial arts training.

During WW2 he was frozen in ice while trying to stop a Nazi bat invasion. Upon reviving in the 20th century he immediatley resumed he quest to rid the world of bats. Unfortuantely he often causes more harm than good in his over zealousness.

laughing Happy Dance laughing Its official then...The Name of the Character is THEAMERICANBATPUNISHER

NiņoAraņa
laughing Happy Dance laughing Its official then...The Name of the Character is THEAMERICANBATPUNISHER Captain BatPunisher ermm

Piedmon
Haha, I love it. This is one of the first genuinely innovative, quirky things Marvel has done in years. By taking a character in an actually unforseen direction for once. If this is for real, and it's handled well, then maybe (just maybe!) I'll allow that Civil War paved the way for some good stories.

(LAWL, I'm so nonjudgemental and open, I know.)

jasonk3

jgiant
I think this is a very bad idea and i hope they trash this fast.

pr1983
Originally posted by alra121
Check out this article from newsarama:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=104938

What is Marvel up to now...

holy f*ck...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.